Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Cage posted:

5 miles and that screen is filthy.

It looks like the protective film is still in it. But that could just be Tesla quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

St_Ides posted:

It looks like the protective film is still in it. But that could just be Tesla quality.

Its also just spring, so pollen ahoy! Every time you open and close the door it sucks in more pollen.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
I also love how it's "exit and re-enter the vehicle" because of course ol' Musky is too high tech for antiquated tech like power buttons, so if your stainless steel dumpster shits the bed on the highway in a rainstorm you're stuck getting out in the pouring rain on the shoulder to turn it off and on again :lol:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nuevo posted:

I also love how it's "exit and re-enter the vehicle" because of course ol' Musky is too high tech for antiquated tech like power buttons, so if your stainless steel dumpster shits the bed on the highway in a rainstorm you're stuck getting out in the pouring rain on the shoulder to turn it off and on again :lol:

Now is it tied just to a door open/close cycle? Or does it include a weight sensor in the seat so you actually have to get out?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
I just assumed it was a "key fob in the cabin" situation, but if opening the door causes it to hard power off that's even funnier!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Arrath posted:

Now is it tied just to a door open/close cycle? Or does it include a weight sensor in the seat so you actually have to get out?

Occupancy sensor in the seat pad, yes.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Spotted this on Jalopnik earlier today, a Dodge Super8 Hemi concept from 2001. It looks like elements of 6 different cars smashed together, and the proportions on everything are so far off it's become unsettling. I hate almost* everything about it.

*suicide doors are always worth 1 cool point

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 4, 2024

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chrysler's concept guys were absolutely wildin out in the 2000s

Remember the ME412

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just thinking about the Cadillac Catera.

The Caddy that zigs.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Enos Cabell posted:

Spotted this on Jalopnik earlier today, a Dodge Super8 Hemi concept from 2001. It looks like elements of 6 different cars smashed together, and the proportions on everything are so far off it's become unsettling. I hate almost* everything about it.

That is one of the most "please... kill... me..." looking cars I've seen in ages.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Caddy that zigs.

That's an Opel Omega. Great for an Opel, maybe not so good for a Cadillac.

They also turned an Opel Ascona into a Cadillac, with predictable results.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Alaois posted:

Chrysler's concept guys were absolutely wildin out in the 2000s

Remember the ME412

And this, too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Enos Cabell posted:

This is objectively terrible but at least it's terrible in an interesting and somewhat original way. And honestly just some changes to the grill and it wouldn't even be that bad.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mister Kingdom posted:

And this, too

That drat thing was a "Hey, we just bought Lambo" what can we do.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

coupedeville posted:

Occupancy sensor in the seat pad, yes.

Heh i wonder if it means passengers out too. If so have fun, taking your car seats out in the rain on the side of the highway or something.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Enos Cabell posted:

https://moparinsiders.com/dodges-retro-americana-muscle-sedan-the-super8-hemi/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the outside looks like trash but i definitely gently caress with that interior

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That's the point: trains that don't require billions of dollars in infrastructure investments, because those obviously aren't going to happen.

american brain: "car-centric roads dont require billions of dollars in infrastructure"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sagebrush posted:

the outside looks like trash but i definitely gently caress with that interior

This, also the lack of touchscreens is nice... Sigh.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Enos Cabell posted:

I would quit my job as a WFH software engineer and take up a career driving only DFW outbound uber routes while wearing a vintage authentic Grimace costume in this before I would willingly admit to desiring a cybertrukk

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
No pic unfortunately but I got passed by a Nissan hardbody this morning where the owner had painted an I and a T onto the ends of the NISSAN logo.

INISSANT

:lol:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

weg posted:

No pic unfortunately but I got passed by a Nissan hardbody this morning where the owner had painted an I and a T onto the ends of the NISSAN logo.

INISSANT

:lol:

How clapped out was it?

Also, Nissan apparently made a "Hardbody Edition" version of the Frontier. Tiny bed, loving gigantic next to its namesake, and also it starts at $45,000 lol.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

The Caddy that zigs.

I didnt know anything about this car but I looked up the wiki since it looks nothing like a caddy. Its already been said its just a rebadged opel omega, but one of the commercials for this car used the phrase "Lease a catera...blah blah blah...who is lisa catera?" and inspired a producer of Chicago Hope to introduce a character named "Lisa Catera".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUK1Enbtpoc

Cadillac was thrilled and became their main sponsor, gave the actress Stacy Edwards a complimentary 3 year Catera lease (worth $16,212 in 1998) and at some point her character on the show used the phrase "when you can't zig, you zag"

I love/hate all of it. The lil bird in the commercial is named ziggy. :3:

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 5, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Caddy that zigs.

My parents have the Opel wagon version of it sitting in the driveway

(not my photo)

It's not a 5-series but not terrible car stuff imo. Would be better if it wasn't a 4-speed auto. It's hasn't ran in a year though as my parent's didn't have time or money to deal with it but they're out for a while so I might try to get it running again after I deal with the Miata and Fit.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

orange juche posted:

How clapped out was it?

Also, Nissan apparently made a "Hardbody Edition" version of the Frontier. Tiny bed, loving gigantic next to its namesake, and also it starts at $45,000 lol.

Considerably clapped. Someone cared about it at some point as it has a weathered sky blue respray and a very faded orange splash graphic down the side. Probably someones show truck in another life.

That Frontier package is some terrible car poo poo lol.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

As much as I love tin can Civics I would definitely have that poo poo fully reinforced if I was doing any racing with it... You can see it has a cage but yikes.

Shout out to having a tree just chilling in the run off area too.

https://x.com/civic_k5/status/1776048946735124909?s=20

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 5, 2024

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:stare:

jfc

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
He had a cage but didn’t wear a seatbelt?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Olympic Mathlete posted:

As much as I love tin can Civics I would definitely have that poo poo fully reinforced if I was doing any racing with it... You can see it has a cage but yikes.

Ouch! I'm worried about the Integra-ty of his ribcage, also his rollcage.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah I don't think the roll cage held...I wonder if the seat mount even held?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
the cage rolled him right out of the car

edit:

uh... sure

Nov 6, 2002

Did they build that roll cage with hot glue?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

The reversed A pillar is messing with my head.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://twitter.com/Tayray_b/status/1776074606241292669?t=BB3GL07Hdaqezb-MTfkz0w&s=19

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Saukkis posted:

Project Farm did a comparison video of different headlight restoration kits.

I think I watched that.
After I bought the kit and did the job.

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Definitely didn't last long for me unfortunately. Maybe two years at most

Aw. Guess I'll see. Still longer than no coating at all.

Nitrox posted:

Guys you can just buy sandpaper and a spray can of clear coat specifically designed for the task. All that cheaper than the kit, and it will last you a decade

I was actually just looking for the clear coat, but the whole Cerakote kit was as cheap or cheaper, and had good reviews.

Love the whole turbine intake/reinforcing ribs thing going on with various elements like the trans tunnel, speaker grilles, and door panels.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The car *really* shouldn't have just broken in half like that at that speed. I'd say the chassis was compromised in some way, and yeah, the cage was not properly tied in.

Scratch Monkey posted:

He had a cage but didn’t wear a seatbelt?

Given how easily the chassis split, I'd imaging the seat belt mount just disappeared as well.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ejects the engine compartment like a supercar

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

At some point this forum is going to need a "Hilarious Car Stuff" thread for all the Cybertruck failures.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
"Cybercuck thread" for all anti Elon / Tesla posting

Nov 6, 2002

Might needs it's own subforum at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ejects the engine compartment like a supercar

Like cracking open a plastic easter egg.