Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
that's some french ancien régime levels of haughty from the loving papr goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sung to Prodigy - Firestarter:

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
love the first reply too

olives black posted:

I legit would have turned his sample tray over

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i heard his final art project was actually released three days after he claimed it would be

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

love the first reply too

lmao. Badass.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If I truly believed that covid was "worse than AIDS" and going outside unmasked for even a second gets you terminally ill....I wouldn't be going to costco even if I had a superhero mask on.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm the ventilated
Sample aggravated

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There is no such thing as normal. Any therapist or psychologist can tell you that. And if the majority of the people on this rotten planet are really of the same mindset as the people in the sagas thread then I am more than happy to go through the rest of my life being abnormal because I will never behave the same way as they do and I will never find their toxic morning radio shock jock humor funny

I am normal, actually.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm the ventilated
Sample aggravated

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm the ventilated
Sample aggravated

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GXL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WpOu_sRDQ

This song contains satirical references to gun violence. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN VIOLENCE. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN OWNERSHIP. I DO NOT SUPPORT CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.

If you decide to quote this post, I’d really appreciate if you included the disclaimer text so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, CSPAM covid thread. Couldn’t have done it without you. Fare thee well.

TOTAL SYMPTOMATIC COVID INFECTIONS TO DATE: 0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm the ventilated
Sample aggravated

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh God there's two more vids on that channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I61mmlAOu-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7hsKQcuu9Q

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the best part is that entire situation could have been avoided if he had just kept walking instead of getting into it with the samples guy and then avoiding an entire section of the store in shame

why is it always the people who demand satisfaction from every perceived microagression who always turn into giant weeping babies when they finally get the attention they want

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

when you truly believe everyone in that stadium is going to die, but thankfully you have your Darkman suit on and are completely safe

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shant

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Al! posted:

when you truly believe everyone in that stadium is going to die, but thankfully you have your Darkman suit on and are completely safe

It's Dodgers Stadium so here's hoping

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

no click zone

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
olives black the goku black to three olives goku

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If you are genuinely terrified of airborne disease you can literally have your groceries assembled and set aside waiting for you to pick up at Costco, like 2 minutes in and out.

The only reason to shop in person like that is to make sure people see you with your hazmat gear as a performative action.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's Dodgers Stadium so here's hoping

I can't believe you personally want Shohei Ohtani to die smh

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Link us a song, you're the PAPR man.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm the ventilated
Sample aggravated

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
yo vader (indecipherable) you got any weed?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

The ventilator serves the dual purpose of not being able to smell yourself too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If I truly believed that covid was "worse than AIDS" and going outside unmasked for even a second gets you terminally ill....I wouldn't be going to costco even if I had a superhero mask on.

This

pentyne posted:

If you are genuinely terrified of airborne disease you can literally have your groceries assembled and set aside waiting for you to pick up at Costco, like 2 minutes in and out.

The only reason to shop in person like that is to make sure people see you with your hazmat gear as a performative action.

And 100% this.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I’m glad the store manager cleared up that sample vendors are outside vendors because I worked at Costco as a Christmas hire once and the store employees and the vendors loving hated each other

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the patient says he hasn't smelled a fart since 2020. His stankocyte count is so low I thought he was going to die when I put the oxygen mask on him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mycatscrimes posted:

I can't believe you personally want Shohei Ohtani to die smh

Padres fan

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think it's kinda funny
I think it's kinda sad
the dreams in which I'm skibidi
are the best I've ever had
toilet world

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

lol what on earth

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I did sample handouts as a summer job one year, but at Sam’s Club and the backstory I was told for that is the company used to do it themselves and it tended to be a job they gave to the older and more senior employees. Then one say right around Christmas they rounded them all up, fired them, and said they could reapply to the new contractor they were going to use if they wanted to keep working that type of position. I assume Costco works the same way.

Oh and as vendors they get to be paid less, not get benefits, and otherwise treated like crap.

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Apr 4, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fear of a Toilet Planet

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I am the Costco PAPR man
I am the Costco PAPR man
I am the voicebox light-up bubble helmet man
koo koo kachoo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Thinking about the cspam goon who thought he was doing accelerationism by refusing to sort his recyclables.

i forgot how long the post was

Tony Tone posted:

It is something like week number seven since I have last went into work. Which wouldn't be too out of the usual for me, but because I am the most masochistic obedient manual-labor worker you will ever meet my boss is usually okay with that given I accomplish more work than 5 other people in the same amount of time when I actually do show up to work. My girlfriend with whom I live with has been unemployed for the past year since finishing her QA course, before we both realized it was a massive waste of time and money in our desperate attempt to escape poverty and landing a job in the glamorous world of High-Technology. The news this week said that the "hi-tech bubble" in our country "is probably bursting right now" as many are laid off and recruiting is even more tightly controlled.

I have been steadily going into extreme debt racking up bills and smoking not-even-fun amounts of weed, washing it all down with 12% alcohol beer cans to obliterate my senses as efficiently as possible (and to drown out the sounds of my partner sobbing uncontrollably in the other room). I tell myself this is fine, because all my life I have spent working 250 hour months and am usually able to off-set the debt accumulated during my burnt-out phases because of the insane overtime.

My girlfriend dreams of family. Of kids. She is losing her mind because of me because all I do is read this loving thread and play video games, chain smoking joint after joint after beer can before passing out in front of the computer every single day, all loving week. Every day is the same.

I do not have the strength to bring a child into this world and watch him grow in the same hell I live in. I know the value of hardship in this life, but I would be literally condemning him to slow suicide. My concerns fall on deaf ears. My partner thinks Im exaggerating. That I am Too Online, despite barely ever posting or even having any type of online friend. She doesn't understand that we will probably never live past our 50s or 60s, and even if we did, we'd wish we hadn't. She has seen me crawl out of my despair and work my loving rear end off before, but this time - I cannot continue pretending poo poo is going to be fine. I cannot continue putting my hopes and faith in a glimmer at the end of this tunnel because there is none. The tunnel collapsed a long time ago.

I find myself not even bothered by death anymore. Chaos begins to seem appealing to me. I started doing petty poo poo out of spite, like using insane amounts of single use poo poo at work (coffee cups, plastic stirrers, anything and everything disposable). Throwing away half the trash bag roll when taking out the trash because gently caress it all to hell and you can never loving find the right sweet spot to tear a bag out of the roll. Throwing away garbage out of the window of my car because I just dont give a poo poo anymore and deeply detest this place. This world. Funny because I used to go out of my way to pick poo poo up from the beach whenever I came to relax not only because it was the right thing to do, not only because glass shards can injure kids and poo poo, but also because I just wanted to not lay down in the sand surrounded by garbage. Not anymore lmao, I just stick my cigarette butts into the sand now. I might throw my empty beer can in the trash, might just leave it on the beach because I dont loving feel like going out of my way to throw it away.

This continuous meltdown feels really uncanny, I can feel myself becoming a piece of poo poo, but at the same time, it is getting more difficult to care. Everything I had believed in seems to be eroded, corrupted or just straight up irrelevant in the face of the end of it all. This loss of meaning has really cool and interesting impacts on your mental wellbeing Im sure you can tell, but it has even cooler impacts on your core beliefs. Protecting minorities? Having sympathy for the disadvantaged? Helping your neighbors? Subscribing to any kind of notion of patriotism or even the very loving concept of borders? Striving for success at work? Believing in economic systems? Saving up for a house?

Everything becomes much simpler when you know the party is going to end in the next few decades. All bets are off. I can truly just speedrun my bucket list at this point. Go into insane debt, go on vacations I cant afford to catch glimpses of this world before it's gone forever, come up with schemes to gently caress over my coworkers and my boss and my neighbor for my personal advantage & gain in literally any fashion (only makes sense to do so, we're all going to kill one another soon anyway), experiment with all the drugs I can, always do the bare minimum of work required, buy the latest VR tech and gear on loans to play out my fantasies and then do all that poo poo in real life with hookers or my girlfriend if she's still around. Do insurance scams by breaking my limb in the street and suing my local council. Swindle old people out of their money because their generation are mostly the ones who contributed the most to this extinction, it's the least they deserve. Use the money to buy huge playgrounds for cats and adopt at least 63 of them because animal life is more sacred than human even during these end times.

I dont know how one can reconcile both that climate change is real and still maintain some kind of personal life goal like work/school/aspiration/moral, without them either being hardcore cog dis experts or straight up not understand fully that they are not likely to live out their average life expectancy in any capacity. I dont even care at this point about being on some kind of "list" or whatever just because it feels like the internet and media is so totally saturated with this feeling in one form or another, and that everyone just sorta "knows" what is coming but refuses to talk about it out loud, that none of it truly matters beyond getting caught by algorithms or mods because we still have to maintain the pretenses of normality.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm the ventilated
Sample aggravated

lol at this and pablos post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Tony Tone posted:

I find myself not even bothered by death anymore. Chaos begins to seem appealing to me. I started doing petty poo poo out of spite, like using insane amounts of single use poo poo at work (coffee cups, plastic stirrers, anything and everything disposable). Throwing away half the trash bag roll when taking out the trash because gently caress it all to hell and you can never loving find the right sweet spot to tear a bag out of the roll. Throwing away garbage out of the window of my car because I just dont give a poo poo anymore and deeply detest this place. This world.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

in cspam we call him trashy tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

i forgot how long the post was

Boreschach lol