Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

History Comes Inside! posted:

What are people mad about paper Mario for

The ghost is woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What are people mad about paper Mario for

The Thousand Year Door, the game that is getting a remake, has a character who is explicitly Trans in the Japanese (and several other language) versions but that was flattened out in the English release. The new version basically has everyone wondering if they're either going to maintain that erasure or make it explicit again, either one is likely going to piss people off.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ImpAtom posted:

My friend, Paper Mario poo poo has already started.

i was just guessing but lol

whats worse is that online leftist types cannot resist taking the bait and putting out their own 4 hour response videos with like a thumbnail of Birdo and the title 'Mario Has Always Been Woke: A History'

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Leftists never use woke anymore since the right use it to mean the n word.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The Thousand Year Door, the game that is getting a remake, has a character who is explicitly Trans in the Japanese (and several other language) versions but that was flattened out in the English release. The new version basically has everyone wondering if they're either going to maintain that erasure or make it explicit again, either one is likely going to piss people off.

I thought every character in paper Mario was flat and that’s the whole gimmick?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

TLAD is good but mostly only because it focuses on bikes which are the only GTAIV vehicles that aren’t loving awful to drive.

insane take, I actually like how 'realistically' the cars handle in IV and how easily they fishtail but you go flying off the bike so easily that driving over 30 MPH is basically suicide

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wolfsheim posted:

insane take, I actually like how 'realistically' the cars handle in IV and how easily they fishtail but you go flying off the bike so easily that driving over 30 MPH is basically suicide

that too is realistic

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

GreenNight posted:

no the right uses DEI to mean the N word, woke is more a catch all for everything they dislike (race AND gender)

its so cool that i know this and not like, my grandma's birthday

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

GreenNight posted:

Plenty of leftists use the term "woke" jokingly or semi-pejoratively, just not the radlib type.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rental Sting posted:

Plenty of leftists use the term "woke" jokingly or semi-pejoratively, just not the radlib type.

It's also not used by the madlib type, who use a different term each time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terrible to hear about what's happening in SHIFT UP Corporation. My thoughts and prayers go out to the women -presumably at gunpoint- working on those games. I hope that Shin Jae-eun will also someday escape the prison of flesh she's been put in and find a way to stop looking like Eve.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Get'em, anime avatar.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I want Lies of Oz already.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WaltherFeng posted:

I want Lies of Oz already.

Shoes of D

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got back into Octopath II and I just hit the boss at the end of Throné's story, and holy hell was that a stupid twist

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Terrible to hear about what's happening in SHIFT UP Corporation. My thoughts and prayers go out to the women -presumably at gunpoint- working on those games. I hope that Shin Jae-eun will also someday escape the prison of flesh she's been put in and find a way to stop looking like Eve.

:goofy:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I fuckin love DD2 so much. I had to kill time waiting for a quest so I set out for another quest that I had been putting off because it was a trek to get there. About five minutes into the hike a griffin shows up, I climb on to bash its face in, then it decides to become Sequence Break Airlines and flies me in the complete opposite direction over to volcano island, just past a big locked stone door that was gating me off from the area. I decide to find a way back without using a ferrycrystal. That ended up being a three hour detour, involving meeting a quest giver whose quest I had inadvertently already half completed -- the game just let me have that progress, it wasn't bothered that I did things out of order. I found a way back to Battahl through a particularly large and maze-like cave, clearly intended as an optional and challenging sequence skip path. It was funny emerging to an NPC and signs warning me not to enter.

The amount of flexibility on display here is just awesome to see in an action RPG. Twice now I've gotten to new areas ahead of the main plot, and it didn't feel like I was peeking behind the curtain. The world was still turning in those places.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

goblin week posted:

Many such cases here in the playstation five thread

I buy Kimulator’s FMV games, so yeah, fair cop.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

drat nice you destroyed that argument that literally no one is making

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

RareAcumen posted:

Urusei RareAcumen

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have a matter I'd like to bring to the PULL UP Corporation: This thread!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sorry, this thread was sold to the poo poo UP corporation long ago

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
It’s going to be great at review time for stellar blade, the thread will be unreadable. I wonder how they are going to thread the needle on it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
your entire post history in this thread is for the horny mid hack-em-up, what’s the fascination here

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Ban this sick filth

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I just got a PS5, it’s the hot topic and people are getting all upset about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Won’t somebody please think of the perverts

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lord Packinham posted:

I just got a PS5, it’s the hot topic and people are getting all upset about it.

so you were spurred to action to get a PS5 by Stellar Blade? Interesting

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i played more cult of the lamb last night. really enjoying it still. i feel like its the perfect balance between the cozy farming sim games that have more depth like stardew valley and animal crossing and action roguelike games like binding of isaac and hades.

it's a lot more fun than reading this thread!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

ShoogaSlim posted:

i played more cult of the lamb last night. really enjoying it still. i feel like its the perfect balance between the cozy farming sim games that have more depth like stardew valley and animal crossing and action roguelike games like binding of isaac and hades.

Yeah I've been enjoying Bloodborne. I just have the final bosses to go. The Dream is aflame! But I'm doing the Old Hunters stuff because I don't want to do it on NG+

So far my least favorite boss has been... Hmm. The Bloodletting Beast I fought in a Chalice dungeon. Stop stomping me!!!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ShoogaSlim posted:

I am officially finding common ground with ShoogaSlim. Cult of the Lamb is good!

Still stuck on the last DLC that goes hard into the cult management side, but it's still fun.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

apophenium posted:

Yeah I've been enjoying Bloodborne. I just have the final bosses to go. The Dream is aflame! But I'm doing the Old Hunters stuff because I don't want to do it on NG+

So far my least favorite boss has been... Hmm. The Bloodletting Beast I fought in a Chalice dungeon. Stop stomping me!!!

You can also save scum the endings and get them all in one go. It's nice! Just turn off auto-upload for the game if you have it on.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lord Packinham posted:

It’s going to be great at review time for stellar blade, the thread will be unreadable. I wonder how they are going to thread the needle on it.

Can’t wait for the professionals at digitial foundry to analyze the underboob shader quality at 800x slo mo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
excellent implementation of cascading shadow baps

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

I got back into Octopath II and I just hit the boss at the end of Throné's story, and holy hell was that a stupid twist

Hey, people who have played more Octopath II than me: do the other final bosses of the individual stories all do the thing where they block certain types of actions? Because woof, that got hairy, there was a bit where I had both "Attack" and "Items" blocked with a bunch of my characters totally out of SP

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Augus posted:

so you were spurred to action to get a PS5 by Stellar Blade? Interesting

I bet they’re gonna feel pretty silly when they realise you can simply wack off without spending 600 dollars

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Augus posted:

the second thing that happens in Stellar Blade after the extremely horny introduction is that dozens of women in the same skintight outfits as the protagonist get graphically butchered. It’s very off-putting imho

But uh yeah dragons dogma has a brothel I guess.

Yeah they're presented as cyborgs or something but when they get eviscerated or torn limb from limb they're full of blood and high impact gore. It was gross but I don't like that stuff at the best of times.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JBP posted:

Yeah they're presented as cyborgs or something but when they get eviscerated or torn limb from limb they're full of blood and high impact gore. It was gross but I don't like that stuff at the best of times.

Any word on if it's a MGR situation where they were supposed to have indigo blood or oil or something but that isn't in the international release?