Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know they have wanted to do a Rogue Squadron movie, but I feel like that concept would work just as good as a TV show. Make it like a WW2 bomber show, where each week there is a new mission they have to go on, and some guys don't make it back

That's probably what Galactic Rangers was gonna be with Cara and Phoenix Squadron, then Gina Carano pissed her career away by being a garbage person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

In today's story clime, where writers are clingy and possessive of their characters and won't let them come to harm?

Hah

Forever a pipe dream

Imagine the Andor S2 stinger where Jyn and Cassian get sucked into the World Between Worlds so they can show up in the Filoniverse movie or something

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vinylshadow posted:

Imagine the Andor S2 stinger where Jyn and Cassian get sucked into the World Between Worlds so they can show up in the Filoniverse movie or something

Have this somehow undo the sequel trilogy and gently caress it, I’m in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vinylshadow posted:

In today's story clime, where writers are clingy and possessive of their characters and won't let them come to harm?

Hah

Forever a pipe dream

No they clone Andor and tell the original he will have to live in secret and go on secret missions. And he asks what is his new codename? And they say "Kyle Katarn"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vinylshadow posted:

Hah

Forever a pipe dream

The explosion wraps around them... but wait, they're surrounded by a force bubble! Jyn was secretly force sensitive all along and it finally exhibited in this moment of danger! Yoda walks through the flames and says,"To talk to you to about the Dagobah Initiative, I would like."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know they have wanted to do a Rogue Squadron movie, but I feel like that concept would work just as good as a TV show. Make it like a WW2 bomber show, where each week there is a new mission they have to go on, and some guys don't make it back

Apparently the Rogue Squadron movie is back on.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's probably what Galactic Rangers was gonna be with Cara and Phoenix Squadron, then Gina Carano pissed her career away by being a garbage person.

And now she has a totally real unfair dismissal lawsuit against Disney funded by billionaire nazi Elon Musk.

She's an absolute joke of a person.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Timby posted:

Apparently the Rogue Squadron movie is back on.

Well, it's basically just Patty Jenkins saying that she's working on it again, which places it into the same vague holding pattern as the Taika Waititi film, the Shawn Levy film, the Rian Johnson trilogy, etc.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No they clone Andor and tell the original he will have to live in secret and go on secret missions. And he asks what is his new codename? And they say "Kyle Katarn"

Well, if everything released under Disney is canon, Kyle did get a TCG card in 2016, so...

And a certain HWK-290 light freighter was mentioned in FFG's 2019 "Star Wars: Outer Rim" board game and a 2020 expansion pack for the X-Wing Second Edition miniatures game

I want to believe™

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kesper North posted:

The only good Headhunter is, uh, the Front-242 song

Looking for this man, to sell him to otherman at 10 times his price is what it says of Cade Bane's business card.

I knew Omega's plan was a bad one. At least we didn't see space greece get blasted. Unless Hunter snuck about the Assets ship.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Another great double header, with very different but congruently uneasy feelings from each. Episode 11 seems like another HDR required episode though.

Did Cad Bane's hat get another nerf?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah his hat definitely looked smaller, I was noticing when I watched the episode

A sensation I've had a few times during Dad Batch's run: It feels like Filoni et al. watched Andor and went :hmmyes:

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 4, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I liked the Scientist lady realizing "Oh hey, turns out these hosed up scientific experiments I've been doing were for a bunch of inhuman pieces of poo poo all this time!"

Re: the most recent recent episode, I'm kinda hoping Hunter is actually already stowed away on the ship since I thought he washed up near the cave the lead clone's ship was in, which was the same one (?) Ventress used as well.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

edit: ^^^ Yeah, that.

bunnyofdoom posted:

so my wife pointed something out to me. Hunter washed up on shore real close to where the ship was hidden.

drat, that would be a good reveal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I do love Bad Batch, but also I have to believe the reason Dave Filoni probably ended up in such a high level creative position in Star Wars is because he named the main bad guy "Dr. Hemlock" and his evil plan "Project Necromancer" and George Lucas immediately went,"This man is my spiritual successor! :swoon:"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Has anyone here seen that Masters of the Air show?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Lobok posted:

Has anyone here seen that Masters of the Air show?

Yeah, it had a decently promising first half, but got lost in the weeds in the back half. There's only a couple episodes that are just "bombing mission of the week" and they're pretty good.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIST9t72kY

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
https://x.com/starwars/status/1775931340417892496?s=20

Barriss, finally.

Edit: So from the trailer, is that Issacs or Rupert Friend as the GI? Sometimes sounds like Friend, and later Issacs. Guess that's a good mix either way.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 4, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh poo poo

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Hell Yea

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice, I assumed it’d be another round of Jedi focused stories so this is a cool surprise (not to mention the first appearance of Barriss since TCW)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 4, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hellyeah:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Not sure anyone wanted or asked for more Morgan Elbeth but gently caress yeah Bariss!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oh hell yeah. Was going to ask if this is the new season of tales of the jedi or a brand new series, but that closing animation was pretty telling. Good way to shake things up a bit. Give me all the lucasfilm animation.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I wonder if this is a prelude to Barriss showing up in Ahsoka s2

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hated how TotJ was only fractions of larger stories, so can't wait to be frustrated with only getting glimpses of what should be another TCW-length anthology series

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

site posted:

I wonder if this is a prelude to Barriss showing up in Ahsoka s2

Ngl I feel like it's a cop-out if she miraculously survives to appear in future content

Especially given that this appears to be set not very long after ROTS

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gotta say, I was super excited when I clicked play and way less excited when it ended. I was really hoping the focus would be on the Empire rather than Jedi/Sith stuff. One episode about a TIE pilot, one episode about Tarkin's rise to power, one episode about a disastrous Stormtrooper deployment, etc. But instead we get more Thrawn and loving inquisitors.

Still, the Dooku stuff in Tales was so good that I've got to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/identity-crisis-episode-guide

https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/point-of-no-return-episode-guide

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
going to be real awkward when Barriss figures out who Vader is.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I did really like this shot, and the spaceport in general. I'm a sucker for spaceports.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

going to be real awkward when Barriss figures out who Vader is.

dollars to donuts that's the final scene of the Barriss episodes, it's not that she figures out who he is, it's that Vader recognizes her and as such executes her without a second thought lol

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Frankly, given she doesn't appear during the Vader comics or Rebels when other Inquisitors were running around, I wouldn't be surprised if she does get unceremoniously offed

Or she senses he's Anakin and attacks him, and he has to kill everyone there to keep the secret since that's not public knowledge

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cross-Section posted:

dollars to donuts that's the final scene of the Barriss episodes, it's not that she figures out who he is, it's that Vader recognizes her and as such executes her without a second thought lol

I wonder if they would really kill Barriss off here. But yeah.

Notably this is after Bad Batch ends.

So, the firewall is open, for any of those characters who survive the finale to show up in poo poo.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

gently caress yesss

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Long Live The Empire!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Huge "I'm just here because they told me to be here" energy with that Vader portrait

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Inquisitor Barriss is probably the least interesting direction they could be taking her, so that's a big :geno: as far as I am concerned. The Elspeth episodes could maybe turn out interesting depending on how Nightsister-y things get, but in general none of it looks especially exciting to me. It's a pity too, because the other recent animated Star Wars stuff has been passable at worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MMAgCh posted:

Inquisitor Barriss is probably the least interesting direction they could be taking her, so that's a big :geno: as far as I am concerned. The Elspeth episodes could maybe turn out interesting depending on how Nightsister-y things get, but in general none of it looks especially exciting to me. It's a pity too, because the other recent animated Star Wars stuff has been passable at worst.

I am guessing this is only the beginning of her arc since she never showed up as an Inquisitor in Rebels.