Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Maniacs!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1775526635749417258

The world's stupidest man posts incontrovertible proof of the insane spike in bot activity after his takeover.

I love how there's no attempt to disguise how manipulated the data is. Just a sheer cliff increase.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What was the weird outlier in Jan/Feb 2018?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://x.com/AoDespair/status/1775705856476106818?s=20

Elon turned on free blue checks for "influential" users yesterday

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

`Nemesis posted:

https://x.com/AoDespair/status/1775705856476106818?s=20

Elon turned on free blue checks for "influential" users yesterday

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/1775716409089098220?s=20

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Coward

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

grittyreboot posted:

Where did this belief come from in pop culture that every job is an office job? In 20 years of blue collar work I've never sent a single email.

I hope your first one is a Reply All.

Peanut Butler posted:

this isn't even remotely true but this guy is a known moron iirc

I'd say he's as dumb as a caveman but even a caveman would look all around in an exaggerated "you shittin' me?" way inside his cave.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

I love how there's no attempt to disguise how manipulated the data is. Just a sheer cliff increase.

No, 2 billion people were waiting to tweet until it stopped being woke

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

… emails. they don't even connect them to anything other than the SAN for the footage

:dafuq:

What does this mean?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

lol that’s a good joke

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

madmatt112 posted:

What does this mean?

I don't know them but a SAN is a Storage Area Network. They probably do something where they watch cameras, and to prevent malware on security systems,don't allow them to connect to the wider internet, only allowing them to access to footage archive servers.

VV That's much cooler VV

LASER BEAM DREAM has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Apr 4, 2024

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

madmatt112 posted:

What does this mean?

sorry. i edit tv/film and stuff. facilities have servers in the basement with all the footage which, along with my work machines, are extremely segregated from the internet.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

trapdoor spiders

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

What about trap door spiders

OwlFancier posted:

trapdoor spiders

has anybody said trap door spiders yet? it's kind of like being inside.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Bees, ants, wasps, termites also make dwellings. Heck, some ants cultivate fungal agriculture and insectoid livestock in their nests. Some ants even have castes that grow big flat heads to work as doors!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Many charismatic mammals such as rabbits, wolves and naked mole rats also create burrows. I believe even the regular rat, respected citizen of New York City, will create burrows and such in the wild.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

With enough string and Orthodox rabbis, the whole world could be made "inside".

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

zoux posted:

With enough string and Orthodox rabbis, the whole world could be made "inside".

Dunno why they don't just find a little corner of a field somewhere in Utah and box that in and call it outside

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mauser posted:

Dunno why they don't just find a little corner of a field somewhere in Utah and box that in and call it outside
I think you have some practical maximum of an eruv to avoid these kinds of shenanigans

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Nessus posted:

Many charismatic mammals such as rabbits, wolves and naked mole rats also create burrows. I believe even the regular rat, respected citizen of New York City, will create burrows and such in the wild.

I know charismatic probably means something different in this context, but I’m choosing to believe that charming animals are prone to burrowing.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
It actually doesn't mean anything different, it just means animals people like

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I want to point out the hermit crab, but in a way that respects their privacy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It actually doesn't mean anything different, it just means animals people like
Indeed, "charismatic megafauna" come up because it's pretty easy to raise a few hundred grand for panda bears or wolves or something, and pretty hard to raise similar sums for some funny looking buzzard, but the buzzard may be way more ecologically important.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Might explain why my donation drive for the Wuhan Frowny Face Bloodsucking Vulture isn't doing so hot.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nessus posted:

Indeed, "charismatic megafauna" come up because it's pretty easy to raise a few hundred grand for panda bears or wolves or something, and pretty hard to raise similar sums for some funny looking buzzard, but the buzzard may be way more ecologically important.

And then there's insect conservation, which has an absurdly huge "ecological importance : amount of people giving a poo poo" ratio.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lobok posted:

Might explain why my donation drive for the Wuhan Frowny Face Bloodsucking Vulture isn't doing so hot.

for the last time I will not contribute to your patreon

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

if those animals wanted to survive they should have been cuter

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

https://twitter.com/JamrockHobo/status/1775894341724025007?s=20

https://twitter.com/_cyyndaquil/status/1775595788414190073?s=20

Skutter has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Apr 4, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mauser posted:

Okay, Wonko the Sane.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ph6ma/status/1775662432226017437

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

Bees, ants, wasps, termites also make dwellings. Heck, some ants cultivate fungal agriculture and insectoid livestock in their nests. Some ants even have castes that grow big flat heads to work as doors!

"Oh hi, I'm Dave from accounting, what do you do here?

"DOOR"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Nessus posted:

I think you have some practical maximum of an eruv to avoid these kinds of shenanigans

Sure sure. I just find the rules lawyering a little silly when it comes to religion like the beavers being technically fish according to the Pope or the Mormon soaking threesomes. If you're just going to do what you want then why bother with this one trick that defeats God?

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mauser posted:

Sure sure. I just find the rules lawyering a little silly when it comes to religion like the beavers being technically fish according to the Pope or the Mormon soaking threesomes. If you're just going to do what you want then why bother with this one trick that defeats God?

Rules lawyering the Almighty is permitted in Judaism

quote:

In frustration, Rabbi Eliezer finally cries out, "If the halakha is in accordance with my opinion, Heaven will prove it." From Heaven a voice is heard, saying, "Why are you differing with Rabbi Eliezer, as the halakha is in accordance with his opinion in every place that he expresses an opinion?" Rabbi Joshua responds, "It [the Torah] is not in heaven" (Deuteronomy 30:12). He responds in this way because the Torah, which was given by God to mankind at Sinai, specifically instructs those who follow it that they are to look to the received Torah as their source and guide. The Torah says, "It is not in heaven, that you should say, 'Who will go up to heaven for us, and get it for us so that we may hear it and observe it?' Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who will cross to the other side of the sea for us, and get it for us so that we may hear it and observe it?' No, the word is very near to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart for you to observe" (Deuteronomy 30:12-14).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was going to assume the inside tweet was just a silly little joke but then I read the elon fellatio and now I don't know what to think

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Mauser posted:

Rules lawyering is like 70% of Judaism, my shabbos goy can tell you all about it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/1775941650151526512?s=20

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Everybody loves Photographer Husband, the husband who takes photographs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011