Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

none of the team owners wanted to fork up that last little 350k to pay the pop megastar for associating herself with the nfl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

he stole all of these words of wisdom from the 80s cartoon He-Man

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WTF!!!!! Holy gently caress! I can't believe this...

What the gently caress are we going to do without the legendary Melissa Stark or WILL SELVA?!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I guess the Diggs trade kinda makes sense but it sure leaves a massive hole in the Bills' offense

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

WTF!!!!! Holy gently caress! I can't believe this...

What the gently caress are we going to do without the legendary Melissa Stark or WILL SELVA?!

I like Andrew Siciliano! Scott Hanson being more handsome than Siciliano ruined Siciliano's career.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Shoulda got that ear reduction surgery like his wife said.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

poor Tiny Tim left with nothing

e- this is now stuck in my head so I dare you to pick it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_OPIxB_CE4

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

Surprised he didn’t hear about it well in advance

I didn't want this to be lost at the bottom of last page.

:golfclap:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

No Butt Stuff posted:

Surprised he didn’t hear about it well in advance
lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Omnikin posted:

poor Tiny Tim left with nothing

e- this is now stuck in my head so I dare you to pick it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_OPIxB_CE4

thats clearly about the Saints, not the Chargers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Play posted:

oh poo poo I did not realize that. Assumed given how long it was that they gave him a deal upon trade.

What a goddamn steal, it's strange to live in a world where the Texans are fleecing teams instead of the other way around. Between the Watson trade, selecting CJ Stroud and Will Anderson and Tank Dell, and this one with Diggs, Caserio is hitting it out of the park. Probably should've won executive of the year last season but maybe they give it to him this season if things work out on the field.

Not sure I'd consider a likely top 40 pick for a 30 year old WR who may or may not be washed and has now been a locker room problem for two different teams a fleecing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Good thing he can't catch or there might be charges

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1775957832644321377

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

He’s the one chiefs receiver who CAN catch

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Intruder posted:

Not sure I'd consider a likely top 40 pick for a 30 year old WR who may or may not be washed and has now been a locker room problem for two different teams a fleecing

Well, it depends on what they get out of him so we'll see. A top 40 pick for a receiver coming off of three ~1200 yard seasons (one with over 1400) looks pretty drat good. Yeah he's getting older and the Bills clearly wanted to get rid of him (although not quickly enough for them to decide not to give him a huge extension). But if they can get even two years of ~1k yards out of him, which history seems to suggest is at least possible, it's an amazing deal for a team that really wants to see what they can do in the postseason with a great young QB on a rookie deal.

But if he's instant locker room cancer and plays poorly, then yeah it'll be like when the Raiders traded for Antonio Brown (although hard to imagine it going THAT poorly lol). Also, I guess fleeced was the wrong word since the Bills seem pretty happy to be rid of him. Hard to be fleeced when you're excited to have a guy gone.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
actually he also drops a lot of passes

Nov 6, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

actually he also drops a lot of passes

is this preparation for when he's suspended for six games?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
preparation?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

rjmccall posted:

I don’t remember Harbaugh having any locker room problems in SF.

Basically every coach from Pop Warner on is a fountain of weird inspirational mottos. Players don’t give a gently caress about that.

Towards the end Harbaugh seemingly lost the locker room:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/12726302/alex-boone-said-jim-harbaugh-wore-welcome-san-francisco-49ers-clinically-insane

I definitely don't think Harbaugh is a bad hire but he may not have the longest shelf life.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Gasp what a shock.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He got out of the Lambo second on the passenger side it was like 99% sure he was driving.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1775627701644091672?t=hB6wGXrXiR_nwskXse10wA&s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wow. Thank you acknowledging the plainly obvious, lawyer guy.

Of course he was driving the Lambo.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

So desperate to get a Super Bowl win to Dallas the city will just import a champion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerry would never allow it but sure, please get that team farther away in the country from me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Swap the teams. The Dallas Chiefs and the Kansas City Cowboys.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1775976853355823323?s=46

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Swap the teams. The Dallas Chiefs and the Kansas City Cowboys.

Just swap the team names and I'm down. Both are improvements

edit: KC Cowboys would lean hard into old west poo poo. Dressing like Doc Holiday at games. I love it. Tons of famous Old West outlaws from the area.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 4, 2024

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

That is absolutely brilliant and a great way to keep a guy motivated that you probably didn't really mean to keep after this year anyways.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol he will never get a contract close to what he's making now again. He's a one and done there.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

lol he will never get a contract close to what he's making now again. He's a one and done there.

yeah, this uh isn't exactly doing him favors

that's quite the spin in that tweet

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

You don’t do this unless you’re letting him walk since his franchise tag would be like $27m next year. Expensive 1 year rental.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hizawk posted:

That is absolutely brilliant and a great way to keep a guy motivated that you probably didn't really mean to keep after this year anyways.

It should motivate him to finally speak up and assertively request some more targets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

You don’t do this unless you’re letting him walk since his franchise tag would be like $27m next year. Expensive 1 year rental.

It's a bad trade for the Texans tbh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I didn't realize you could just do something like this, 'wipe out' years on a player's contract. Do both sides have to agree to it or something?

Diva Cupcake posted:

But why does that matter if you have plenty of cap space anyways? The only reason you wouldn't want to do that is if you actually don't want to pay the money

The only way it really matters is the pick they gave up, which yeah this makes it look worse I think. A confusing move.

Play fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 4, 2024

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Hizawk posted:

It's probably Diggs and his agent who pushed for it, tho. If Buffalo's eating all the guaranteed money, Houston could cut him after this year anyway. This way, all he needs is another good year to force a contract with guaranteed money at an age when receivers don't usually get that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Someone good at the cap remind me, but I don’t think letting him walk would net the Texans a compensatory pick since they renegotiated to remove the maximum number of years off his contract.

Like this…
https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1504078255820783616

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So Diggs's motivation is that he gets a modest (by NFL standards) raise this year—and if he plays well—more guaranteed money at the start of next year.

The Texans' motivation is what? Doing their new player a solid and building goodwill? Making it easier to negotiate with him for a more appropriate contract next offseason?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

So Diggs's motivation is that he gets a modest (by NFL standards) raise this year—and if he plays well—more guaranteed money at the start of next year.

The Texans' motivation is what? Doing their new player a solid and building goodwill? Making it easier to negotiate with him for a more appropriate contract next offseason?

They probably want him to be on his best behavior and motivated to play for a new contract because he's a malcontent.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jason_otc/status/1775992739907203260?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Texans don't give a gently caress about the cap space, so if Diggs is a bust they're only really out a second rounder, which sucks but not the worst thing in the world. If he gels then they can extend him as needed. Also, Diggs gets paid a lot now, and if he's still good he's set up to get paid more, and if he's a bust at least he got paid up front and can do whatever the gently caress he wants next year, whether ring chase or fleece another team or simply retire.

Seems fine to me for both parties.