Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wasn't trying to imply he's right wing, just that he'd absolutely get behind a ridiculous premise.

He’s gonna commission exactly half a chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got around to watching the Carnal trailer and didn’t get any alt-Right vibes off it. The Steam page does list “terrible/offensive humor” as a feature. Which could mean any number of things.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good Right Wing Art FPS? They already released that, it was called Dirge of Cerberus

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
The only true Right Wing Art is "My Gym Mommy Treats Me Like a Kid" (2023)

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Carnal looks like a Pie in the Sky game got ported to the Quake engine, which is sort of thrillingly wrong in ways hard to explain to someone who wasn’t around in the 90s. Beyond that, I’m luridly curious, but probably not enough to hand over a dollar for the thrill of killing lizard people and figuring out how sincerely the creator believes what’s being depicted. He’s got the words chad and triggered (with qualifiers) in the Steam description, so I’m not super optimistic. Then again, it’s a dollar… the guy probably isn’t gonna topple democracy for a fraction of a party taco.

I’ll sleep on it.

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 4, 2024

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, the video posted a bit before has a bunch of right-wing imagery and a downright laughable defense of anti-semitic symbols being there.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Oof...dave szymanski in the steam reviews for the chud fps. Guess I'll be skipping the PO'ed port :ohdear:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

Oof...dave szymanski in the steam reviews for the chud fps. Guess I'll be skipping the PO'ed port :ohdear:
Boycotting something he didn't work on and isn't involved with will definitely show him.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I don't know if it's Carnal or not, but I am legitimately surprised we haven't seen more "IT'S 90'S ATTITUDE, SNOWFLAKE" throwback shooters.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Squeezy Farm posted:

Dave didn't work on PO'ed....???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
thats bait . gif

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Both of the Daves tweeted a lot of anti-Trump stuff leading up to the election I don't think they're hiding their power levels.

Casimir Radon posted:

I got around to watching the Carnal trailer and didn’t get any alt-Right vibes off it. The Steam page does list “terrible/offensive humor” as a feature. Which could mean any number of things.

The review posted shows one of the billboards with a Star of David talking about the masters controlling you and the creator defended it by saying modern day Judaism is a kabbalah cult and not the real mccoy.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Next big System Shock remake patch drops on the 11th, which includes Lady Hacker, rebalancing, and an entire new final boss among other things/fixes.

https://twitter.com/SystemShockGame/status/1775901205694193898

Groovelord Neato posted:

The review posted shows one of the billboards with a Star of David talking about the masters controlling you and the creator defended it by saying modern day Judaism is a kabbalah cult and not the real mccoy.

Oh dear.

Al Cu Ad Solte fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 4, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Both of the Daves tweeted a lot of anti-Trump stuff leading up to the election I don't think they're hiding their power levels.

:yikes:

yeah that's some nazi poo poo alright

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Next big System Shock remake patch drops on the 11th, which includes Lady Hacker, rebalancing, and an entire new final boss among other things/fixes.

https://twitter.com/SystemShockGame/status/1775901205694193898

Here's hoping the lady hacker is just a toggle in the settings and not an option you need to start a new save to pick.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Well, gently caress that, I’ll just buy myself a party taco and listen to some John Carpenter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
John carpenter rules

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

John carpenter rules

:hellyeah:

the "Lost Themes" albums are :discourse:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Convex posted:

:yikes:

yeah that's some nazi poo poo alright

It's a very 90s sort of militia movement/Christian Identity far-rightism it was bizarre seeing someone who isn't a literal boomer have thoughts like that.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's a very 90s sort of militia movement/Christian Identity far-rightism it was bizarre seeing someone who isn't a literal boomer have thoughts like that.

me: i wish we had more 'boomer shooters'

the universe:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I knew that tag would eventually have negative connotations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just a necessary step on the evolution of the genre towards its ultimate form: a game where you shoot boomers

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

haveblue posted:

Just a necessary step on the evolution of the genre towards its ultimate form: a game where you shoot boomers

Postal: Brain Damaged came out a couple years ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Here's hoping the lady hacker is just a toggle in the settings and not an option you need to start a new save to pick.

Sorry, gender isn’t a toggle

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

it's a slider

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tiny Timbs posted:

Not until you find the new chemicals in the storeroom

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ok, yeah. Carnal does have a bunch of dumb alt-Right poo poo in there. Came across the review where the creator got in an argument with a reviewer and started talking about being a “Bible Believing Christian”.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'm a BBC too

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Gender is now decided like a rockstar character creator, you have to pick your character's parents and then it'll do punnet squares for every trait and sex. If you get the right combo it'll trigger a trans trait and switch your gender.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pull up thread pull up

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

can't, it's regular doom not zdoom

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
lol

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

can't, it's regular doom not zdoom

wait is this why it's called zdoom? because of the z axis??

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Convex posted:

wait is this why it's called zdoom? because of the z axis??

Randi wanted it to appear at the end of port lists. Yes that's a real answer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It stands for Ze worst version of Doom. Just kidding.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Rocket Pan posted:

Did someone already have Adoom?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Adoom would be at the start, not the end.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh I guess we're just posting lies now

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rocket Pan posted:

lol, nice

Rocket Pan posted:

Adoom would be at the start, not the end.

ὦdoom?

Convex fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I legitimately had a great time with Trump Doom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8QSJ1shO8

For what was supposed to be a low effort shitpost its clear a LOT of work went into it. Big build engine vibes throughout with surprisingly strong level design.