Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I have e6 Xueyi and still haven’t touched her. This makes me feel bad. Is anyone using her at all? I feel like she gets no mention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Dazerbeams posted:

I have e6 Xueyi and still haven’t touched her. This makes me feel bad. Is anyone using her at all? I feel like she gets no mention.

I use her quite a bit and like her more than Qinqgue for situations where I need a quantum damage dealer. Mostly because I like her animations a lot and find her ult more useful for ccing important targets than the high raw damage QQ provides.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

yea i suck at the railcart mini-game, i can barely get half the max allotted goal.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I would only grab Gallagher if you actually want to use him. Unless you just like collecting characters.

I actually want to use Xueyi as well, but e2 Gallagher mattered to me more than e3 Xueyi. If I didn't want Aventurine so drat bad, I would be pulling for e6 Gallagher right now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dazerbeams posted:

She's pretty close to Seele in damage, because the change from 8 to 6 for follow up is a huge increase in damage. But most people don't have her at e6 because she's only been on one banner.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

yea i suck at the railcart mini-game, i can barely get half the max allotted goal.

the timing seems off. it sucks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just gave up on it. It's not fun with a touchscreen.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I ended up doing it on my laptop instead of my phone. I normally only use my laptop for story, but the phone didn't seem sensitive enough. Also the button to flip sides is placed for your left thumb, and I would have rather used my right thumb. My right hand is better for time sensitive button presses.

Even on my laptop I don't really like it, though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's the worst minigame theyve done for sure. also really crazy high score requirements for like...a 10 measley jades payout?, wtf

its kinda insulting

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
skill issue

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Tae posted:

She's pretty close to Seele in damage, because the change from 8 to 6 for follow up is a huge increase in damage. But most people don't have her at e6 because she's only been on one banner.

Can confirm. Xueyi is pretty awesome at E6, definitely roughly comparable with Qingque and Seele. Of course, QQ excels beyond her in Simulated Universe because of how busted the Propogation path is for her, but it's not like Xueyi is bad there either. She uses Hunt stuff really well and doesn't mind picking up some Elation blessings. I will say, I've mainly used her with Ruan Mei, and I don't really know what playing Xueyi would be like without her.

On the topic of rail minigame, I never had any problem with it on PC. Felt very responsive, didn't strike me as difficult to blow through it. Maybe it would have been best if there were a few less stages and more jade per stage, but it was fine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I might be trying for Boothill. Why bother with Xueyi when Acheron or Boothill will work better.

Boothill, Hatblazer, Sparkle, and Gallagher sounds fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I guess I should've expected Ach wouldn't text me...but I wish she would :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shes forgetful, it happens

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Meowywitch posted:

I guess I should've expected Ach wouldn't text me...but I wish she would :(

all of her texts go directly to IX instead, provoking intense confusion

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

IX would just leave you on "read" forever because IX simply doesn't care

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A million damage...

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

She probably won’t text until the Penacony storyline is finished.

At least not until her real name gets revealed anyway.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh shiiit if you put Trend of the Universal Market on Fu she can charge stacks for Ach too (!)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

from the selector id say the big breakpoint eidolons are

yukong: e6
misha: e2, e4
guin: e2, e6
xueyi: e1, e4, e6
hanya: e4
lynx: e2
gallagher: e1, e2, e4, e6
luka: e1, e6

id say xueyi and gallagher have the strongest eidolons overall. especially gallagher, basically every eidolon he has is strong, even his trace level up ones. since his heals dont scale with stats in the same way as other healers, the levels to his skill and talent increase his healing pretty noticeably. his skill should be healing an additional 400-500 HP with his E3 boost (accounting for the healing boost stat), which isnt insignificant

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 4, 2024

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah Gallagher has really strong eidolons. Huge effect res buff for existing, cleanse on skill and more effect res, extra turn of his ult field which is his biggest value, and a big buff to break effect and efficiency. Nutso

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meowywitch posted:

oh shiiit if you put Trend of the Universal Market on Fu she can charge stacks for Ach too (!)

Yeah, biggest issue is that Gepard has a significant aggro boost that Fu Xuan doesn't, so you're putting your fate in RNG's hands a little more with Fu Xuan.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
That's a very helpful list Endorph, thanks!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

e6 gallagher is basically 100% immune to all status effects for free

he can trigger broken keel without having to itemize for effect res at all too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also speaking of xueyi going by test footage shell synergize well with harmony trailblazer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4L0gCw2qkg

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

e6 gallagher is basically 100% immune to all status effects for free

he can trigger broken keel without having to itemize for effect res at all too

That's e1 Gallagher. E6 isn't needed.

Honestly, e2 feels like the eidolon with the least impact. E1 means you almost don't need an er rope, and e3-6 make you heal better and do more break damage. E2 gives you the comfort of a cleanse and a bit of a CC resistance, but his kit would function fine without it.

I want to pull for more eidolons. gently caress.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

That's e1 Gallagher. E6 isn't needed.

Honestly, e2 feels like the eidolon with the least impact. E1 means you almost don't need an er rope, and e3-6 make you heal better and do more break damage. E2 gives you the comfort of a cleanse and a bit of a CC resistance, but his kit would function fine without it.

I want to pull for more eidolons. gently caress.

Only do it if you want the 5*! He will be on future banners too. Always remember that building pity is fake.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

Only do it if you want the 5*! He will be on future banners too. Always remember that building pity is fake.

Trust me, I know. I'm sitting on a guarantee for Aventurine. That's why I've been blowing my pulls on the weapon banner. :)

Now I'm questioning if I would be happy with e1 Luocha and skipping Aventurine. gently caress. :negative:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Trust me, I know. I'm sitting on a guarantee for Aventurine. That's why I've been blowing my pulls on the weapon banner. :)

Now I'm questioning if I would be happy with e1 Luocha and skipping Aventurine. gently caress. :negative:

On the one hand, it seems like you already have a lot of sustain options. On the other, Aventurine is really pretty.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I know Gallagher caps healing scaling at 150 BE but about how much does he need to be good enough at healing?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

around 60% if you run him with an outgoing healing% body and 2-piece wandering cloud.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've had pretty good luck with 4* overall (and have obviously spent a bit collecting characters) so I checked their eidolons and I'm missing the following:

Lynx - 5+
Hanya - 2+. I used her a lot too before I got Sparkle. From her release through January in Calyx groups and against the big bug echoes of war. I got her e1 off the standard banner so I guess I didn't pull much when she came out.
Natasha - 5+. Surprised at this one but I don't really pay attention to her reruns.
Xueyi - 6. I got 4 and 5 just recently off banner.
Pitch-Dark Hook the Great - 6. I need to watch for her reruns as I want to run a group of 4 kids against a Lord Ravager superboss or take her on a spin through SU someday.
Misha - 2+.
Gallagher - 6.

So its Gallagher or Xueyi from the selector, hopefully I get one last G from the Acheron banner while building pity hoping for an early eidolon.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 4, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You should gun it past 150% as high as you can while also having 160 speed.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My standard Gallagher build has 140% Break and an outgoing healing chest, which gives him a 105% healing bonus. My sub dps build has 146% break, so a 73% healing bonus. And my pure Break build has 226%, so a flat 75% healing. All 3 builds use his 4 star cone. His traces are 5/8/8/8, and all 3 builds have sustained just fine in MoC 12. But I've only used him against Yanqing so far.

His Break build would probably be stronger with Multiplication, but I don't have 5 copies around to level and test. It would lower his break by 30%.

Like I said before, he's best in aoe teams. Single target damage struggles to stay topped off with Besotted, though follow-ups are essentially aoe. Besotted heals every time they are hit, so Ratio counts for 2, Topaz and Numby get 2 stacks, etc.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
One of these is Sparkle, and one is Acheron.

Why are relic sets suffering. How the gently caress is my Sparkle with messenger almost at 200% crit while Acheron can’t even get 135 speed. i will never escape the relic grind.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Meowywitch posted:

It's the worst minigame theyve done for sure. also really crazy high score requirements for like...a 10 measley jades payout?, wtf

its kinda insulting

The trick is that you can immediately swap back after drift-swapping to take out the enemy for another 100 points. This also applies to the double enemies. Once I figured that out, it became piss easy

it helps that i was using a controller on pc, tho

rio
Mar 20, 2008

coolusername posted:

One of these is Sparkle, and one is Acheron.

Why are relic sets suffering. How the gently caress is my Sparkle with messenger almost at 200% crit while Acheron can’t even get 135 speed. i will never escape the relic grind.

You could just abandon the speed and do slow Acheron. She doesn’t need it as much as other hypercarries and imo doesn’t need it at all at e2 (or lower if choosing to) if using Sparkle.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

rio posted:

You could just abandon the speed and do slow Acheron. She doesn’t need it as much as other hypercarries and imo doesn’t need it at all at e2 (or lower if choosing to) if using Sparkle.

Can confirm. 105 speed E2 Acheron and a E0 Sparkle just rip through anything you throw at them

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Can confirm. 105 speed E2 Acheron and a E0 Sparkle just rip through anything you throw at them

Hell, even my E0S1 Acheron on basically no speed increase with Pela/SW/TrendGep is a force of nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Kyrosiris posted:

Hell, even my E0S1 Acheron on basically no speed increase with Pela/SW/TrendGep is a force of nature.

That's where I'm at and she rules