Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Consolidated Ed posted:

"my android works like an iphone when i janitor it with an enterprise MDM service"

--a dumb IT bitch who sucks

You seem really mad about the existence of android phones op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

e: I actually don't have to respond to EVERY bait post

loquacius has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Apr 5, 2024

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

loquacius posted:

yes you do

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yes, dear

Shipon, you sound... :sigh: pretty old, OP

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
We will settle this android vs. iphone argument TODAY for all of time!!

by nuking the forums

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
No more phone war poo poo jfc take it to yospos or IYG

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Mr Hootington posted:

The jobs report will be good which means it is bad

I wonder if we have/are rapidly approaching a point where things have gotten so bad for the poor/jobless that it's counterproductive for the "goal" of suppressing labor and creating a race to the bottom in wages. Like beyond the ongoing mass casualty event we declared over when you make poverty a crushing death sentence you're removing competition as fast as you're adding it. Considering our hiring practices effectively root out poor people from making it through HR hurdles for any desirable job and even many undesirable ones it doesn't really matter how many desperate people you have they're not effective competition for the people who are going to end up with those jobs and as such can't drive down the wages in the way the people up top want.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

zyns are great, helped me kick vaping. there’s a tiktoker who runs random poo poo through a mass spec machine and the zyns he ran through are basically pure nicotine with some flavoring, so I’m excited to have lower levels of random heavy metals in my bloodstream. I haven’t not had nicotine in my system for like 2 decades, and I also did the pick butts off the ground for free tobacco when I was more obviously a dirtbag.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

loquacius posted:

Do you have a spaghetti sauce recipe or do you rely on bland jars of convenience?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

PoundSand posted:

I wonder if we have/are rapidly approaching a point where things have gotten so bad for the poor/jobless that it's counterproductive for the "goal" of suppressing labor and creating a race to the bottom in wages. Like beyond the ongoing mass casualty event we declared over when you make poverty a crushing death sentence you're removing competition as fast as you're adding it. Considering our hiring practices effectively root out poor people from making it through HR hurdles for any desirable job and even many undesirable ones it doesn't really matter how many desperate people you have they're not effective competition for the people who are going to end up with those jobs and as such can't drive down the wages in the way the people up top want.

Drivel

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The biggest issue is that at the same time wealth inequality has increased social media has effectively poisoned the well for organized resistance or direct action by replacing all former functioning community bonds with performative para-social interactions which preclude actual class solidarity. It’s bread and circus on crack. People would have to literally starve before the discomfort outweighed the inertia of action.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when there are breadlines people will talk in them

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

when there are breadlines people will talk in them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixq5kCJYfPw

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Consolidated Ed posted:

do you have any articles about this

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...12-3f93f11d0282

heres a non paywalled one

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the popes toes posted:

Do you have a spaghetti sauce recipe or do you rely on bland jars of convenience?

raos is too expensive at full price but very reasonable if you get it at costco on sale

Apr 7, 2003

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

raos is too expensive at full price but very reasonable if you get it at costco on sale

Reposting

you don't get to have any good poo poo, plebe

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Reposting

you don't get to have any good poo poo, plebe

nothing good gets to last

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

nah its still fuckin expensive. it was p good for a while but they started getting worse immediately after being sold (even if campbells didnt actually make any changes)

definitely the best jar sauce you could get anywhere

Apr 7, 2003

If you're at Costco you can get the six pack of canned crushed tomatoes for $6.99 right there

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

just got home, I went out with a couple people to a bar I haven't been to before and was stunned to learn that pints were $2.15 there

inflation is over

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If you live in their distribution radius, Delallo's is still a good brand

for now

but otherwise just buy some tomatoes and spices and learn to make the gravy yourself

Apr 7, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I used to stop at their store in Jeanette for salted cod

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I used to stop at their store in Jeanette for salted cod

their giant cookies and pepperoni rolls are also solid pickups

and I dunno if they still do it, but on sunday they had store-made porchetta for sale that was loving incredible

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like no small part of why you Yanks keep having bad experiences with Android is that your options are so limited to manufacturers like Samsung or the Google Pixel. Can you even get Huawei or Xiaomi or Oppo or Vivo?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

If you're at Costco you can get the six pack of canned crushed tomatoes for $6.99 right there

hard pass on tomatoes treated with calcium chloride

anime was right posted:

nah its still fuckin expensive. it was p good for a while but they started getting worse immediately after being sold (even if campbells didnt actually make any changes)

definitely the best jar sauce you could get anywhere

last time i got a two pack of rao's for 10 bucks, definitely a reasonable price

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

my Costco only sells whole, diced, and paste. infuriating

onion plus crushed plus a glug of olive oil blows any canned sauce out of the water

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

for now

but otherwise just buy some tomatoes and spices and learn to make the gravy yourself

I just buy a big can of stewed San Marzano tomatoes and hand squeeze them until they are goopy.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I feel like no small part of why you Yanks keep having bad experiences with Android is that your options are so limited to manufacturers like Samsung or the Google Pixel. Can you even get Huawei or Xiaomi or Oppo or Vivo?

LG was shithouse. I didn’t try to get a Huawei phone but I did want to replace my mom’s Fitbit, another brand deliberately bought and sunk, with a Huawei fitness tracker because the American market is making phone buddy watches ala Apple Watches and lol, it’s under embargo and you can’t download the Huawei app on your phone to actually use the thing :nsa:

Apr 7, 2003

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

hard pass on tomatoes treated with calcium chloride

Not going to argue with your judgment here but I love this explanation that pretends that "calcium" and "chloride" are the same as "calcium chloride"

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1775917723106615308

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Not going to argue with your judgment here but I love this explanation that pretends that "calcium" and "chloride" are the same as "calcium chloride"

lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Not a Children posted:

my Costco only sells whole, diced, and paste. infuriating

onion plus crushed plus a glug of olive oil blows any canned sauce out of the water

if you google you can find some good recipes for making crushed tomatoes from the whole ones

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

You know what. It's kind of messed up that the Something Awful Store doesn't have a Buy Now Pay Later payment option. What if someone wants to buy a red text for someone but wants to pay for it in instalments. It's actually pretty classist gatekeeping to be honest. But I guess that's what YOSPOS would do if they ran a store.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol at even knowing what type of phone you have. Who cares

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I'm really loving sick of people who obviously know better feigning "surprise" at the most obvious loving outcomes.

There was never any reason to expect price pressures on housing to drop off substantially, and no one in a position of authority expected or wanted housing to get onto a long-term deflationary trend. All they've done is remove the drivers of the worst excess and they're desperate to get back to a state where those same drivers will return.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

the milk machine posted:

if you google you can find some good recipes for making crushed tomatoes from the whole ones

nah I just eat ‘em like apples

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Today I learned that platform warriors never die

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

You know what. It's kind of messed up that the Something Awful Store doesn't have a Buy Now Pay Later payment option. What if someone wants to buy a red text for someone but wants to pay for it in instalments. It's actually pretty classist gatekeeping to be honest. But I guess that's what YOSPOS would do if they ran a store.

Any kind of forum microtransactions would destroy all of those goons that spend like $20,000 on mobile games.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Not a doctor so I dunno of any of the health issues associated with calcium chloride but chemically speaking it's a salt that will dissolve easily in water so yeah when you're ingesting calcium chloride you are essentially digesting calcium ions and chlorine ions. Much like table salt is sodium chloride just turns into sodium and chloride ions when you're eating it so it makes sense they'd just talk about it as if it's two things as it essentially is at whatever level it'd be in any of your foods or beverages.

PoundSand has issued a correction as of 02:30 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Paradoxish posted:

Today I learned that platform warriors never die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wi7fhswoBA