Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tesseraction posted:

Joe was a far-right republican in the 1990s and is now to the left of the mainstream GOP. Because they moved and he didn't.

Also is anyone else rate limited in D&D at the moment or did I piss off a mod?

its just you and I ordered it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

u fuckr

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh poo poo I'm free

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress who let Tess off the leash someone call the mods

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally free to carry on posting more than once every ten minutes....

but I was watching Jujutsu Kaisen S2 so I'll keep doing that instead.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68731683

quote:

William Wragg: Tory gave MPs' numbers to dating app contact, report says

A senior Conservative gave the personal phone numbers of fellow MPs to someone he met on a dating app, The Times has reported.

William Wragg told the paper he shared the contacts, adding he was "scared" the individual would have "compromising things on me".

He apologised and said he had "hurt people by being weak".

These people are running our country :allears:

e: vvv I forget to finish the sentence: ".... into the ground"

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 4, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
don't worry op: they aren't, they're just robbing it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lmao nobody will give him their number again

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I just love how easy it is to blackmail them, and how quickly they'll drop their fellow MPs in the poo poo to save their own necks

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do not share the picture I sent you of my turgid pseudopod.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just handing over phone numbers to the Russian Spy lady who has photos of me trussed up in a sex dungeon. No biggie

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This country really is a loving sick joke

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
its great isnt it

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I apologise. I was wrong. It was cock pics on Grindr lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vice chairman indeed.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

A good time to remember that William Wragg was listed as the honourable member for piss on that leaked list of whip's leverage way back when.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Vice chairman indeed.

Now, now... no need to get the chair involved in this, it was just an innocent bystander caught up in events beyond it's control. :cumpolice:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Excellent example for why we need all MPs to be paragons of traditional British morality, so that they can be easily threatened about something that anyone on OnlyFans could have learned to laugh off.

Should they all be taught under the Tree?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's funny, isn't it, that they could just decriminalize sex work and get all the hot cock action they could want, but they'd rather have the thrill of it being clandestine and then give away a bunch of secrets to Russian spies Albanian mobsters, followed by a grovelling apology.

I'm beginning to think Truss isn't the only Tory MP with a humiliation fetish

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

josh04 posted:

A good time to remember that William Wragg was listed as the honourable member for piss on that leaked list of whip's leverage way back when.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in UKMT's short political memory that this wasn't mentioned alongside the story in the OP. Which makes the fact that he's susceptible to blackmail pretty funny/depressing/horrifying, since if everyone already knows about his piss fetish then what's he still ashamed of?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

kingturnip posted:

It's funny, isn't it, that they could just decriminalize sex work and get all the hot cock action they could want, but they'd rather have the thrill of it being clandestine and then give away a bunch of secrets to Russian spies Albanian mobsters, followed by a grovelling apology.

I'm beginning to think Truss isn't the only Tory MP with a humiliation fetish

The illegality adds spice to their sad lives.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the thing with the people who engage in all the behaviours they want to ban is that they think society would disintegrate if everyone was free to do those things, but they obvously are the exception, cos they're special.

I don't think they necessarily do it because they enjoy the secrecy, although some of them might do that too, I think they simultaneously believe that what they do is moral depravity if other people do it but fine and good when they do it, but they also know if they just say that they'll sound like a hypocrite.

It fits quite well with the general idea that different strata in society are fundamentally better/worse people.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Honestly I think a lot of it is what I call “Jeremy Kyle syndrome” where the person they have on who is accusing their partner of cheating ends up being the one who is cheating and is projecting. They assume because they do it everyone else does it and the country is full of appalling degenerates when in fact it’s largely confined to the weirdos who choose to do PPE at Oxford

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Aw heck, I've not seen this before:

Benefits of Brexit PDF (goes straight to document)

Printed in January 2022 when BloJob was still PM, full of gems such as:

Taken back control of our waters. The deal we struck with the EU and our new Fisheries Act allow us to chart a course once again as an independent coastal state, bringing more quota for British fishermen and new opportunities for our coastal communities from Lerwick and Peterhead at the north-eastern end of Scotland to Brixham and Newlyn at the south-western tip of England. (Aside: the truth... https://www.politico.eu/article/bre...period%20ended.)

Reintroduced our iconic blue passports. All new British passports are now blue, a return to their original appearance, with the colour first introduced in 1921, and updated to be the most technologically -advanced and secure British passports ever, with the carbon footprint from their manufacture reduced to net zero (Aside: I have one - they're almost black, very flimsy, & look absolutely nothing like the original appearance - I have mine from 1973 still - no comparison - and in any case we could have had passports that looked like this anytime in the EU except they would have mentioned European Union on the front as well as UK).

Reviewing the EU ban on imperial markings and sales. This will give businesses and consumers more choice over the measurements they use. Imperial units like pounds and ounces are widely valued in the UK and are a core part of many people’s British identity. (Aside: the govt consultation discovered almost no one gives a monkey's about this. And in any case we always could so long as it was alongside metric not instead of metric).

Enabling businesses to use a crown stamp symbol on pint glasses. The Crown Stamp is a proud emblem of our heritage that people remain fond of. We have begun the process of allowing it to be used once again, a fitting tribute to Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee. (Aside: we always could put a crown on the glasses IIRC).

Back in control of our own VAT rates. We used our control over our own VAT rates to immediately put an end to the tampon tax as soon as we were free from the EU law mandating it, ending VAT on women’s sanitary products, helping to end period poverty. (Aside: as far as I know, while under the EU these were VATable, the UK govt could always have set the rate of VAT at 0%).

Now I'm bored of reading this deluded document.

OK one more:

Ensuring our iconic British products all get the recognition they deserve, through our own domestic Geographic al Indication (GI) regime. British products from Stornoway Black Pudding to Scottish Salmon, Conwy Mussels to Welsh Lamb, Armagh Bramley Apples to Lough Neagh Eels, Melton Mowbray Pork Pies to Stilton Cheese and many more, are already protected. (Aside: https://fishingnews.co.uk/news/welsh-fishing-industry-now-on-life-support/ This one is meaningful to me because I was CLP rep at Welsh Policy Forum when this was brought up & we knew that the conway mussels for example would be destroyed by brexit because instead of daily delivery fresh to France etc, they would be held up at customs for possibly days & have to be thrown away).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 5, 2024

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

smellmycheese posted:

Honestly I think a lot of it is what I call “Jeremy Kyle syndrome” where the person they have on who is accusing their partner of cheating ends up being the one who is cheating and is projecting. They assume because they do it everyone else does it and the country is full of appalling degenerates when in fact it’s largely confined to the weirdos who choose to do PPE at Oxford

Luckily the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis, etc.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I think my top two of all time are still the Labour fella who was “looking for badgers” and the Lib Dem who paid male prostitutes to poo poo on him in the bathtub

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
It's such a dumb document, it's using these stupid little symbols of 'Britishness' like crown stamps and passport colours, as though those mean a gently caress to anybody.

The actual value material of brexit is resisting the EU, it's actively being able to resist the dictats. It's disgusting that the EU demanded NATO nations be so slow to support Ukraine, it's disgusting that it's unelected leaders gave a green light for Israel to impose collective punishment on the people of Gaza, it's beautiful that we resisted and spat in their eye.

The problem the writer has is being afraid of poetry. "Rise like lions after slumber" genuinely isn't cringe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Luckily the amount of Salmonella Typhi bacillus I consume in my fish and eggs is harmless. I ingest about once a month on a purely recreational basis.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

lad, you are threadbanned

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Niric posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in UKMT's short political memory that this wasn't mentioned alongside the story in the OP. Which makes the fact that he's susceptible to blackmail pretty funny/depressing/horrifying, since if everyone already knows about his piss fetish then what's he still ashamed of?

I purposefully didn't mention the piss when I posted the story as it's not relevant, and I feel uncomfortable mocking someone's kink (each to their own afaik). I also didn't feel the need to mention Grindr either. I thought the fact that they are so easy to blackmail and so quick to throw others under the bus to be the story....

They are already talking about over 12 MPs being involved, and I'm wondering if we are uncovering the tip of an iceberg. I'm quite interested to know who the blackmailer was working for

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 5, 2024

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

smellmycheese posted:

I apologise. I was wrong. It was cock pics on Grindr lol

Wow, I really feel a connection here. Say, for a laugh, could you write a phone number of one of your mates from work on your cock and send me a photo? Could be really fun and kinky, lol.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lol vitamin p ignoring his threadban george costanza style :jerry:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Vitamin P posted:

The actual value material of brexit is resisting the EU

"Take that EU! You can't limit how many parts of poo per million I'm allowed in my drinking water, food and rivers anymore!"

:itwaspoo:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

lol vitamin p ignoring his threadban george costanza style :jerry:

Not like anyone seems to actually be doing anything about it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://x.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1775993132594663837

(Phone post else I would have done image.)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

josh04 posted:

Billy Bragg's Wario.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

dear ukmt

today I drove through the picturesque east yorkshire village of Wetwang, and burst out laughing when I saw the sign, and did not stop until I had exited Wetwang.
Reminds me again I really must pick up this reference guide to such places.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Why is the Guardian publishing endless front page stories about the loving Garrick club

Is this really the most important thing in the world right now

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Pistol_Pete posted:

Why is the Guardian publishing endless front page stories about the loving Garrick club

I think the private eye was saying they rejected a friend of the editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pistol_Pete posted:

Chiles probably got blackballed