Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Deku might literally be only a scrub by the time this fight is over

Also I get this series loves its star wars references but the limb destruction has been off the charts for a while

Look, the sequels abandoned arm destruction and someone has to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

PringleCreamEgg posted:

There are early text spoilers out on reddit and I have to post about them.

Shiggy’s dad didn’t even want more kids but AfO told him to have another kid explicitly so he could give them a quirk, which was originally identical to Overhaul’s quirk but they modified out the reconstruction aspect so it would just disintegrate. This knowledge caused a complete ego collapse of Shigaraki who then disintegrates into nothing, Deku is kicked out of the mind world missing his arms for some reason. AfO is in control of Shiggy but Cero suddenly ties up ShiggyfO with his tape and then Sugar Rush and Ojiro arrive as backup. I saw some pictures of armless Deku so this might actually be real lmao

This is missing an important detail.

Aizawa rolls up out of a (very Kurogiri looking) portal at the very end, apologizing for his late return with Sero, Ojiro, and Sato.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

cool kids inc. posted:

Aizawa rolls up out of a (very Kurogiri looking) portal at the very end, apologizing for his late return with Sero, Ojiro, and Sato.

present mic died offscreen convincing kurogiri

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cool kids inc. posted:

Frankly this is even funnier

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I want all of this to be 100% it would be the absolute best/worst.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

As soon as the original spoilers were posted I was convinced they were all true.

It just feels right

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

As soon as the original spoilers were posted I was convinced they were all true.

It just feels right

Yeah, I'm going to be severely disappointed if they're not real because it's just so funny to me

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

Bad news,

C'mon please let this be true, calling it from nearly 4 years ago...

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
if these are fake leaks they're the best i've ever seen. i love them so much that i genuinely hope it's something a very funny troll wrote and not horikoshi

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

They're legit, if other channels are to be believed.

saw the screencaps on discord, sourced from the regular sources

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 5, 2024

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Also reminder that the whole world is currently watching Deku screw this up big time.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It’s the story about how Izuku Midoriya became the greatest hero.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It’s the story about how Izuku Midoriya became the greatest hero.

lol yeah it's all gonna be terrible but then a handful of deus ex machinas will smooth everything over.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

some kid like deku watching his hero get his arms destroyed while also not doing anything to what the audience sees as the apocalypse is just the tenko 2.0 origin

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

[points at Eri]

badda-bing, badda-boom

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i didnt hate this chapter but

if we get this scene and nothing from the cruller then vigilantes should have just done its own thing (which i guess it did)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

My Hero Academia Manga Thread: At Least We Had Vigilantes

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe I'm nostalgic for Six's stupidly drawn out final battle.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

stuker posted:

some kid like deku watching his hero get his arms destroyed while also not doing anything to what the audience sees as the apocalypse is just the tenko 2.0 origin

We'll finally see Deku's dad when he comes in at the end as a compatible arm donor.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

stuker posted:

We've already seen people in the background who were cheering for Shigaraki.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Clearly setting up the post-series friendship between Deku and Mirko, who bonded over a shared interest in easily replaceable prosthetic limbs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The funny thing is that I can already see how they turn this back around. Shigaraki reemerges from All For One with the true version of his quirk somehow and uses it to fix Deku's arms and restore his quirks(or possibly transfer his own over to him) before fading away and Deku uses it to defeat All For One once and for all. Maybe he finds a way to separate All For One and Tenko if Hori plans on letting the latter live in the end.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
the chapter's out now

https://tcb-backup.bihar-mirchi.com/chapters/7708/my-hero-academia-chapter-419

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao

This poo poo sucks

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Guess it was a given that he was the 3rd person we saw with a bad reaction to his quirk with his dry itchy skin

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:shrug:

So what was the point of original AfO going apeshit to try to merge with Shiggy if he was just gonna reemerge from inside Shiggy anyway? Kinda undersells the impact of his fight with Bakugo.

I kinda just want this to end now.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

lol this is garbage

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

DizzyBum posted:

So what was the point of original AfO going apeshit to try to merge with Shiggy if he was just gonna reemerge from inside Shiggy anyway? Kinda undersells the impact of his fight with Bakugo.

Midoriya's meddling with Shiggy's mind is what allowed AFO to resurface in there. Though I have no idea what the logic is there, like if it's the merged consciousness that came from AFO trying to take him over during the Star and Stripe fight or if it's the same consciousness that Bakugo fought off. That being said, I agree that it makes the end of Bakugou's fight with him lose some weight and it blows. At least AFO couldn't remerge with ALL the Quirks from both bodies I guess.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 6, 2024

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

up until recently Shigaraki’s ego was still too distinct to be assimilated properly into AFO, the only reason he broke through was because Deku reached out to him. and to be fair we still don’t know if he’s gonna be fully in control indefinitely.

this is still a longass winding road we’ve taken to get here, but this is actual progress and not just Bakugo bleeding out for a year or AFO clowning on everyone and gloating until he hit his time limit, so I’ll take it.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

this absolutely unequivocally blows and is terrible. however i will still celebrate tail man doing literally anything

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I think Joe Pesci said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0YHZXz5hEE

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is more what I was expecting this fight to be tbh,

In that it's bad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I don't know what the point is of having Deku screw up so badly in his attempt to "save" Shigaraki that he doomed him to a fate worse than death, helped All For One come back, lost his quirk, and lost his arms. This has to be an all time gently caress up for a hero in the final arc.

Also I can't believe Decay literally is just a copy of Overhaul's quirk

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Honestly just go all in at this point Midoriya being quirkless? AfO. Sludgeman? AfO. That waste filled beach All Might had Midoriya clean up? AfO.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

At this point All For One deserves to win, he clearly wants it more.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

he is that dog in him (shigaraki)

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

That waste filled beach All Might had Midoriya clean up? AfO.

All the murder and psychological assault I could forgive, but LITTERING??? <:mad:>

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rhonne posted:

What, are we going to find out All For One made Shiggy's dad beat him, too?

lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
At lot of this makes sense and was foreshadowed forever ago but the thing that makes it annoying is that it's turned up to 11 when the basics would've been fine. AFO giving Tenko decay, where he got decay from, and basically letting nature take its course would make sense. He also had a bunch of potential replacements on hand in his orphanages like Dabi and Overhaul. Him trying to manufacture an heir and finding it in the one that'd torture his biggest enemy the most would be perfectly fine but having 90% of it be AFO's doing is lame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I don't think it's literally a copy of Overhaul's quirk, but was a similar one in stock of "Destruction/regeneration."