Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Fifty Three posted:

God, the dream

It ended this last year, my mom got drunk and was waxing about the time she was the only girl in her Catholic high school that was rooting for Nixon over Kennedy. She was still somehow proud of that. I took the bait and started making fun of her for it, which inevitably led to comparisons to Trump/Biden, and so a whole host of grievances poured out. She's not a Trump supporter, knows he's a grifter that's bringing down the party, but is very much anti-Democrat, and so was regurgitating some of the lovely and sometimes demonstrably false talking points that we've all heard.

The fun part for me, though, was that out of nowhere, my nephew who is a junior in high school and who I'd kind of given up on as being an irredeemable dweeb, starts displaying an incredibly detailed knowledge of the US and worldwide political landscape of the second half of the 20th century, joining in the debate and making salient, thoughtful points. We ended up bonding over our mutual sentiment that Elon Musk is a self-owning idiot of the highest degree, and proof that wealth doesn't require intelligence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is on FX (likely to coincide with Frozen Kingdom being out in theaters right now) and I haven't seen this since it was out in the theaters.

It's… a'ight.

I'll likely wait for Ghostbusters: Frozen Kingdom watch it at home.

Meanwhile, I'll likely see Godzilla X Kong The New Empire on Tuesday with fellow goon Crosshatch, and I already got tickets to see Civil War on April 11.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sorry about your daughter losing but it's great that she tried at all. I know many talented writers who are too shy to share their work.

Also that mic drop rules. I love illegal immigrants. They're hard working, smart, and amazing people through and through. They just got here a different way than I did.

My dad likes to brag to people that his family came over to America in 1630 or whatever from England, and I doubt any of it is true. But whenever he starts going off about illegal immigrants, the border, whatever, I just interrupt him and tell him that really, in the grand scheme of things, it’s not any different than his ancestors hauling their scared asses off a boat on land owned by native Americans. So they were just as “illegal” then as anyone is now.

Of course he’s an idiot and doesn’t really think about it, generally just going back to Fox News and Newsmax.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Thread from one of Rittenhouse's managers, with this amazing detail.

https://twitter.com/DaveHan06/status/1774936390859628738?t=UOFOmSvn1Rj2F8T5zt3pyQ&s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
lol imagine thinking that doing that would make you look more appealing and apparently doing it in such a way as to scare off any recruiters forever

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
David Hancock should be posting in r/leopardsatemyfsce.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is on FX (likely to coincide with Frozen Kingdom being out in theaters right now) and I haven't seen this since it was out in the theaters.

It's… a'ight.
Oh yeah there's a ghost Harold Ramis in this.

I hate nostalgia so much.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Sorry cats, you can't have creme brulee.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Shinji2015 posted:

lol imagine thinking that doing that would make you look more appealing and apparently doing it in such a way as to scare off any recruiters forever

Imagine being able to do anything that scares off military recruiters, short of being openly gay or something dangerous like that. Especially in our modern Permanent War Forever stance.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Al Pacino’s Satan has more energy and brains than Trump has ever displayed in his miserable loving life.

Also that monologue rules and pretty handily exposes a lot of the problems with the concept of an omnipotent god.

Neil Armbong posted:

Your new Seiko is awesome beaut!

Thanks! New watch day always slaps.

Freaquency posted:

Those are nice. I’ve toyed with getting this Seiko dive watch recently but I’m beholden to my dumb Apple Watch. When it kicks I think I’ll finally go back to wearing my actual watches regularly.

You should. The Samurai rules. I like the white waffle dial version a lot, and seriously considered it before I snagged this one.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a sexual elk posted:

2 best Satans are #2 Ray Wise in Reaper (loving underrated) and #1 Peter Stormare in Constantine

Floating down in a white suit while dripping poison from his feet was so badass

I agree but am also submitting for consideration Viggo Mortenson in The Prophecy and Black Philip from The Witch.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's easier to list the bad Satans, to be honest.

I'm coming up blank but I'm sure there's some

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

poo poo picture, but y'all are probably the only two interested in meeting my two large adult sons.

It's shocking how much bigger the Arnie looks but I feel like they wear similarly. :iiam:

Pretty sweet though--I do kinda wish the Monster still had tooth-like indices, but the lume is brilliant as hell. Nice little watch, I'm quite happy with it! Now to see if I can move these two eco-drives to make me feel less irresponsible....

That's awesome mate. I'll see if I can upload my custom seiko my brother built me for my birthday.

Edit: - Front and centre. He tried to get it as close as possible to one of these https://www.watchesofespionage.com/blogs/woe-dispatch/vietnam-macv-sog-seikos-setting-the-record-straight Also that site / insta account is a pro follow if you like spy stories and watches.

Black Sunshine posted:

I agree but am also submitting for consideration Viggo Mortenson in The Prophecy and Black Philip from The Witch.

The dad from Witch's voice slaps. I wish I had it, was grouse in Diablo too.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 5, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

poo poo picture, but y'all are probably the only two interested in meeting my two large adult sons.

It's shocking how much bigger the Arnie looks but I feel like they wear similarly. :iiam:

Pretty sweet though--I do kinda wish the Monster still had tooth-like indices, but the lume is brilliant as hell. Nice little watch, I'm quite happy with it! Now to see if I can move these two eco-drives to make me feel less irresponsible....

Those are very nice big sons to have :unsmith:

I need to take pics of my large dive boys (and the good G-Shock), I did wear the Monster the last couple days. Felt good. Might do that more often.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

That's awesome mate. I'll see if I can upload my custom seiko my brother built me for my birthday.

Front and centre. He tried to get it as close as possible to one of these

drat that’s sweet. Just a mixed day/date away from being dead on. Black/olive just always works.

Also, nice Sub :stare: is that another Rolex hiding in the back as well?

harperdc posted:

Those are very nice big sons to have :unsmith:

I need to take pics of my large dive boys (and the good G-Shock), I did wear the Monster the last couple days. Felt good. Might do that more often.

Thanks man. And yeah dumb watches just are so much more interesting than a billion amorphous tech blobs I see all the time. It’s silly but it makes me happy :shrug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Oh drat there’s a new Ripley (Talented Mr. Ripley) series out and Andrew Scott plays Ripley.

Talented Mr. Ripley is one of my favorite books and Andrew Scott is one of my favorite actors so 🍆🍆🍆

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh drat there’s a new Ripley (Talented Mr. Ripley) series out and Andrew Scott plays Ripley.

Talented Mr. Ripley is one of my favorite books and Andrew Scott is one of my favorite actors so 🍆🍆🍆

What a fun, sexy time for you.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

What a fun, sexy time for you.

Most people watched Sherlock for Benedict. I watched for Andrew

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

He was an incredible Moriarty

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
[quote="Android Apocalypse"
Meanwhile, I'll likely see Godzilla X Kong The New Empire on Tuesday with fellow goon Crosshatch
[/quote]

I know I posted after I saw it last weekend but it's still true, Godzilla X Kong is hilarious and awesome. I was shocked it was the same director as Godzilla vs Kong because I really didn't enjoy that one at all

E: bleh phone posting for messing up the quote, my apologies

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

He was an incredible Moriarty

If you find the time check out his Hamlet on YouTube. The whole thing is on there (it’s 3+ hours) and it’s phenomenal.

Here’s the to be or not to be scene

https://youtu.be/q6CLdCl9TB0?si=lzHx9PU-hNX7inSh

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Attention to everybody demanding to immediately speak with the doctor: gently caress off forever , I hope your lovely lil’ looking balls fall out. That is all, thank you, goodby

I half-jokingly told my girlfriend we’re instituting a house rule of no more doctor’s appointments in Winter and early Spring because both of us have had a lot of appointments this year and in the last three months both of us have had two separate bad sinus infections twice and Covid. She just had another appointment earlier this week and also started PT for a knee issue and we’re not even completely over our latest sinus infection and she’s now likely laid up with strep pending tests, so its looking like get to immediately roll from one sick into a worse one! The urgent care doctor she saw this morning said this year has been nuts with how much poo poo is going around

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

The dad from Witch's voice slaps. I wish I had it, was grouse in Diablo too.

Agreed. S-tier voice.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

apparently nyc had an earthquake

it’s to them what snow is to la

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Some of us were there for both. I watched Fleabag for Hot Priest too.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Vertical Lime posted:

hey we get hail sometimes. that's basically snow rocks.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It was a 4.8. Stronger than anything I felt in my 8 years in SF.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

hey we get hail sometimes. that's basically snow rocks.

yesterday we got graupel and i’ve never heard of that in my life

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

rjmccall posted:

It was a 4.8. Stronger than anything I felt in my 8 years in SF.

Yeah, and relatively shallow, so had it been stronger, it'd have really hosed some poo poo up. Thankfully it seems there's no major damage, at least reported so far?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
ESPN's First Take mentioned the earthquake while I was having my morning coffee. I believe it happened while they were talking about the women's NCAA tournament in the 1st part of the hour.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Vertical Lime posted:

smh, DEI strikes again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

How the hell does the northeast have an earthquake? Isn't the nearest fault line in Tennessee?

e: just looked because I felt dumb lol. I legit didn't know about the Ramapo Fault Zone when I knew about most of the rest.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 5, 2024

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
DJT stock in free fall lol.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

How the hell does the northeast have an earthquake? Isn't the nearest fault line in Tennessee?

e: just looked because I felt dumb lol. I legit didn't know about the Ramapo Fault Zone when I knew about most of the rest.

when i lived in new york i once felt a 5.7 from virginia

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

https://youtu.be/wdPddq5YY6c?si=r-XOL_wH6s6tTiLJ

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

DJT stock in free fall lol.

Buy the dip and help save America!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a sexual elk posted:

2 best Satans are #2 Ray Wise in Reaper (loving underrated) and #1 Peter Stormare in Constantine

Floating down in a white suit while dripping poison from his feet was so badass

ray wise in reaper was so goddamned good

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/jallen_town/status/1776257937528246373?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1776259408952959422

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Don’t recall if I mentioned in here but I got mine a few months back and the doctor wound up being a lady named Dr Hatchett, I know by now she’s heard literally every joke but I still appreciated it