Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Perfect ending for Tokyo Vice season 2. Wrapped up pretty much everything while leaving hooks for potential future seasons. More people should talk about this show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

SimonChris posted:

Perfect ending for Tokyo Vice season 2. Wrapped up pretty much everything while leaving hooks for potential future seasons. More people should talk about this show!

I'd be interested in it if the lead wasn't a sex pest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A sex pest who can’t loving act

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
wtf is Ripley?

I don't remember anything about the original movie apart from the broadest strokes of the plot being the same. But I thought the character was supposed to be clever and at times sympathetic?

Andrew Scott's Ripley is neither.

He is barely surviving as a petty crook preying on the most vulnerable. If your criminal career is not earning you enough income to rent a room, and you are instead sleeping at a poorhouse, maybe switch careers. But at the same time he seems reluctant to do so even when offered a chance?

He stumbles his way into his big opportunity and then bungles it in a way he really should have seen coming and taken steps to avert. Then he makes us feel bad for rich people by what he does.

This may well be the truest neo-noir released so far this year.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Bright Bart posted:

wtf is Ripley?

The adaptation, essentially, recasts the leads as absolute failsons. Which is great, I roared when they revealed Dickie's "abstract phase".

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

'Hey Tom I think it's time to stop calling up cancer patients and bullying, threatening them to give you what they have. Which isn't much. I wasn't going to say anything but now you're a charity case at the YMCA hostel? You're almost 50, Tom. Time to give on on the dream.'

No way! You'll see! I just need one big break! If I can sucker one out of $500 I can buy a gun and rob people until I can afford a car to rob banks with. Then I'll buy and sell drugs with the score. One day I'll be big time. You'll see me on wanted posters!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It's just a patent filing... no way they'd probably ACTUALLY do this. Surely people would revolt. I would and I'm a guy that doesn't mind ads too much (when it's expected "ie I'm buying a discounted TV so you can put ads on your OS screen")

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

SimonChris posted:

Nice, looking forward to watching this tonight. Not a perfect show by any means but it's been an entertaining ride.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I started it the other day and was into it. I love seeing all the sets they built from the Yakuza videogames.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MoreDisneyPlus/status/1775930062451208406

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Quantum Leap reboot canceled.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Maybe they should have made it not bad

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

The Guardian gave Sugar a scathing review.

It's actually baller.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GreenNight posted:

Quantum Leap reboot canceled.

File that under ‘huh I thought that already got cancelled a year or two back’.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd be interested in it if the lead wasn't a sex pest.

Ken Watanabe noooooo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://www.herodope.com/2024/04/05/reacher-star-alan-ritchson-explains-why-hes-the-right-choice-to-play-batman-in-james-gunns-dcu/

Thad wants to be Batman. I could see him as a batman similar to the arkham games where he's just beating the poo poo out of goons. He has plenty of experience with that in Reacher.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There’s not a single character in the history of media I am more sick and done with than Batman. There never seems to be a moment these days where there isn’t something Batman related happening and it just needs to end. Drown the loving guy and make it cannon.

That said, yeah I’d watch Thadman.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Cojawfee posted:

https://www.herodope.com/2024/04/05/reacher-star-alan-ritchson-explains-why-hes-the-right-choice-to-play-batman-in-james-gunns-dcu/

Thad wants to be Batman. I could see him as a batman similar to the arkham games where he's just beating the poo poo out of goons. He has plenty of experience with that in Reacher.

He's already played that guy in Titans as Hawk, and he was the best part of the show for the entire time he was in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, after watching this week's Resident Alien they are definitely expecting to get at least another season considering how they ended it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

There’s not a single character in the history of media I am more sick and done with than Batman.

I feel this way about Joker moreso than Batman honestly.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Started Parasyte on Netflix and I'm hooked after the first episode. I'm aware of the manga but not familiar with it, but so far so good.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I'm probably going to be the only one, but i'm really happy that Star Trek Discovery is back, despite its flaws at first it managed to get really good. And it's just nice having Star Trek that is interested in telling a story over a whole season and isn't just all about nostalgia, I found season 2 of Strange New Worlds to be a frustrating experience.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Well, after watching this week's Resident Alien they are definitely expecting to get at least another season considering how they ended it.

That ending was a motherfucker lmao

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

The Finn posted:

Started Parasyte on Netflix and I'm hooked after the first episode. I'm aware of the manga but not familiar with it, but so far so good.

It wastes zero time, after this first episode I feel like I've watched 1,5 season of a standard boring show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CeeJee posted:

It wastes zero time, after this first episode I feel like I've watched 1,5 season of a standard boring show.

So what you're saying is we got to see Dracula surf right away?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
SO glad that Foundation finally got me over my Lee Pace aversion, only a handful of episodes in but Halt and Catch Fire is incredible so far.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

feedmyleg posted:

SO glad that Foundation finally got me over my Lee Pace aversion, only a handful of episodes in but Halt and Catch Fire is incredible so far.

imho it only gets better as the seasons go on

so much love for that show

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Lee Pace aversion? I understand each word individually, but in that combination I can't decipher it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s a sentence that has never been written before, and hopefully never again.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He just plays a jerky douche too well.

Foundation saw me finally see him weaponize that in his very special way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

feedmyleg posted:

He just plays a jerky douche too well.

He'll always be Ned the Pie Maker to me

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wish Halt and Catch Fire had a better ending.

Pushing Daisies will forever be my favourite Lee Pace.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bet Cameron is super into crytpo right now

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Surprisingly not bad. Finished the season anyway.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

I bet Cameron is super into crytpo right now

Tbh my money would be on Donna and Joe, though I think Joe would know it's a scam.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

CeeJee posted:

It's great, no waiting around at all, right to slicing heads. It's refreshing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ripley is a loving BEAUTIFUL show jesus CHRIST

040624_6
Apr 7, 2024
:ohdear:

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Ripley is a loving BEAUTIFUL show jesus CHRIST

Yeah but I just cant with the Ripley casting. Ive never cared for this actor and hes just way too old for the part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

AcidCat posted:

Yeah but I just cant with the Ripley casting. Ive never cared for this actor and hes just way too old for the part.

Everyone's been aged up in this, though Scott's still a little too old for the part, yeah.