Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
edit: So, Mini is dropping the manual transmission after 2024 on all models.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Having names for things is a much better system for … naming things … than random numbers or letters. Using words is good.

people just say "I have a 3 series" or whatever though

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

Ioniq
Lyriq
Evoque
Qashqai

Kamiq
Karoq
Kodiaq

Enyaq

:colbert:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Its like all these parents that name their kids Adian, Aiden, Aidin, Aeden, Aedan, Aidynn, Jayelynn, Jailynn, Jaylinn, Jaiylinnnn but in car form.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What's the car equivalent?

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
Mercedes did a great job on the A class, my favourite is that the A45 has the same motor as the SL43 and that the A45S has more power than either the SL43 or C43. So a letter means more than numbers, but numbers can be different but mean the same motor.

A160 - 107hp 1.3 turbo hatch
A180 - 134hp 1.3 more turbo hatch
A200 - 161hp 1.3 even more turbo hatch
A220 - 188hp 2.0 turbo sedan
A250 - 221hp 2.0 turbo hatch
A35 - 302hp 2.0 more turbo hatch/sedan
A45 - 382hp 2.0 but it's the same one that is in the SL43??
A45S - 416hp 2.0 but with more boost than the SL43 or C43??

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

ADINSX posted:

people just say "I have a 3 series" or whatever though

Most folks probably just say “I have a BMW,” then BMW people probably follow up and wanna know more.

I like naming cars something evocative rather than a sterile label. You can name cars all kinds of wild stuff! American companies (esp luxury brands) should have never followed import cars down that path. “My car is a number,” is the most German thing I’ve ever written.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The new GMC Hingle McCringleberry

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

BloodBag posted:

The new GMC Hingle “The Tingle” McCringleberry (turbo edition)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Ariya Evolve e-4ORCE

Muscle Tracer fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 4, 2024

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Hummer D'Glester Hardunkichud

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I am willing to eat my hat - M5 Touring officially coming to the US per BMW USA

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I got maybe 2 years to get some promotions lined up so I can buy one of these puppies.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

You’re gonna wanna lease that thing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just get an E60 M5 right now

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

mobby_6kl posted:

Not eligible for import for another 8 years. Unless you mean actual E60 and not E61, in which case, why?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
They finally bring it over when it's the ugliest m5 ever LMAO

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

They finally bring it over when it's the ugliest m5 ever LMAO

And over 5000lbs.

Just get a Country squire and save $130,000

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
"BMW should bring touringwagens back to North America!"

BMW offers $185,000* face ripping supercarwagen with 700HP and limited availablity/exclusivity so 4 techbro/venture cap douches can "flex" at the Trader Joe's in Los Altos.

......."no not like that!"

*after "market adjustments"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheBacon posted:

Not eligible for import for another 8 years. Unless you mean actual E60 and not E61, in which case, why?
  • Not 2.5 tons
  • Not 180,000 USD
  • Not ugly and fat
  • Available right now*
  • No snails

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

no, we were hoping for better reliability and lower cost to own than the $185k twin turbo hybrid Bavarian monstrosity

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Eternal optimists, I see.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I think I've seen 2 or 3 RS6 in my area, wonder if I'll see any of these

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

mobby_6kl posted:

• Not 2.5 tons
  • Not 180,000 USD
  • Not ugly and fat
  • Available right now*
  • No snails

I mean I have looked pretty heavily into converting an E91 and it is really loving expensive. $180k would not be insanely off to try and make it like new. Also man bangle must be feeling so justified right now.

There is also the kinda cool thing of the like “put your money where your mouth is” and actually buying the enthusiast requested products.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

mobby_6kl posted:

• Not ugly and fat

LMAO how things change.

• Paper rod bearings
  • Still gotta jump through hoops to build your own wagon in the US, including however much you wanna spend on custom rear wheel arches, cos you're still 5 years away from legally bringing a real one in.
  • Hilariously unreliable SMG in the entire rest of the world, so if you do bring in a real one in that 5 years time, you're gunna have to swap it yourself or be prepared to rebuild the SMG all the time
  • All 14 years old minimum now, so chuck in every other old BMW problem

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The only BMW M5 wagon I've ever really wanted has been one of these, exactly as pictured:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KakerMix posted:

The only BMW M5 wagon I've ever really wanted has been one of these, exactly as pictured:

:dong::dong::dong:

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Sab669 posted:

I think I've seen 2 or 3 RS6 in my area, wonder if I'll see any of these

I'm actually shocked at the amount of RS6s I've seen out in public. It's like 5 times the amount of what I've seen of the new Nissan Zs.

As other have mentioned, just sucks the new M5 Touring is so weird looking. :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Have they shown it off without camo?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

And over 5000lbs.

Just get a Country squire and save $130,000

I would legit be way more interested in a thread about a Country Squire thread than pretty much anything about a new BMW.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I've seen more M3 tourings locally than normal M3s, and a ton of RS6 avants. People clearly buy performance wagons here even when they cost silly dollars.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

DoesNotCompute posted:

A45S - 416hp 2.0 but with more boost than the SL43 or C43??

Also more pistons and crank out the block

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Blackhawk posted:

I've seen more M3 tourings locally than normal M3s, and a ton of RS6 avants. People clearly buy performance wagons here even when they cost silly dollars.

I was really hoping the M5 Touring announcement would have some details about the M3 Touring coming to the US. Alas,

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheBacon posted:

I mean I have looked pretty heavily into converting an E91 and it is really loving expensive. $180k would not be insanely off to try and make it like new. Also man bangle must be feeling so justified right now.

There is also the kinda cool thing of the like “put your money where your mouth is” and actually buying the enthusiast requested products.
Is the "enthusiast requested product" a 2.5 ton AWD automatic hybrid that's the size of a school bus?

This used to be a forum. A proper AI forum.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

TheBacon posted:

as a wannabe kinda cool lame dude sucker who bought the gr corolla. Sure. but,

mobby_6kl posted:

Is the "enthusiast requested product" a 2.5 ton AWD automatic hybrid that's the size of a school bus?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

This used to be a forum. A proper AI forum.

its a kind of lame forum if we can't find a 700 hp wagon cool

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

its a kind of lame forum if we can't find a 700 hp wagon cool

its healthy not to be blinded by HP numbers when considering the holistic coolness of a whip

2.5 tons will never be that cool

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

no lube so what posted:

its healthy not to be blinded by HP numbers when considering the holistic coolness of a whip

2.5 tons will never be that cool

are you saying that the Mercedes Benz 600 and the Lincoln Continental are not cool

I would much prefer that we have essentially an E39 wagon but modern but that is not possible in 2024

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

are you saying that the Mercedes Benz 600 and the Lincoln Continental are not cool

I would much prefer that we have essentially an E39 wagon but modern but that is not possible in 2024

are barges cooler than sports cars? NO. well maybe a Fleetwood on switches is.

are luxury barges cooler than lame bland cars? sure, maybe. your examples are. but were they as cool as the contemporary Elan, TR4, c3, rx2, etc? Not to me.

might as well get a Tesla if accelerating 5000lb barges is the game, since they are king of that game.

edit: like I am an idiot who spent 40k on a 3200lb corolla. I get being dumb and chasing nostalgia in a world where they don't make what I really want.

no lube so what fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I was really hoping the M5 Touring announcement would have some details about the M3 Touring coming to the US. Alas,

I don’t know if I’d be able to resist the m3 wagon. I’d probably have to sell my f80 to make it make real sense though, and I don’t particularly want to do that.