Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Shuli randomly appears on podcasts as well. I heard him on an episode of the Eric Bischoff (former WCW head) wrestling podcast and it didn't take long before he crowbarred in jew jokes and Stern show references.

I missed the good old days of that show, when it was about the wrestling...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Shuli most definitely did not record that "Paint it Black" parody song. I don't know who did other than just some random listener, but that guy has infinitely more talent than Mr. Hack Pack.

Bonzo posted:

The few memories I have of Shuli were on the Jay Thomas show. He wasn't bad there but he was also co-hosting with Madison. She was an annoying 90s Channel DJ who kept talking through all the intro knowing it was enrage listeners. She was also the 1st person to go T O P L E S S on Sirius.

Madison is very much still around on a few of the music channels and as annoying as ever.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My favourite Shuli remark was when he was talking about ETA in New Mexico, when he (Eric) asking about specials.

"Yeah, the lobster bisque is to die for..."

Also, I'll forever be Team Shuli in the Doug vs Shuli baby clothes debate, holy gently caress.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I know its been said but Cabbie Paint it Black is probably one of the best Stern show songs ever made. To think it came from Shuli....need confirmation but I am 99% sure he submitted it as a listener.

I constantly search for the love my parents didnt give, if they really loved me Id know where they live....

Ice cold.

Make mine another club and soda!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Melrose Larry Green was on live this morning! First time in 7 years.
He's sober and relatively sane, and therefore totally uninteresting. Howard hung up pretty quick.

In more cheerful news, Howard has finally become comfortable discussing his 3.5 year old granddaughter. He puts on elaborate puppet shows and plays with her in the pool, sounds like a pretty awesome grandpa.
He has talked about her in bits before, but he was always hesitant.

I once saw Melrose Larry Green in a Jack in the Box on Sunset in Hollywood, near the old Amoeba records building in about 2004. That place was like the Mos Eisley Cantina back then, that section of pre-gentrified Hollywood was all drugged out street people and prostitutes and he was still a standout weirdo and generally bizarre mutant who was harassing the staff and patrons. No one I was at lunch with knew who the gently caress he was and I quit trying to explain it pretty quickly.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Dry oatmeal *cough cough* gently caress!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trying to find the Bon Jovi song I heard on 101, it goes a little something like..I BEAT MY WIIIIIIIIIFE!! For the life of me I cannot find it on YouTube.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

Trying to find the Bon Jovi song I heard on 101, it goes a little something like..I BEAT MY WIIIIIIIIIFE!! For the life of me I cannot find it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNSP897iw6s&t=37s

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 4, 2024

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Really makes you wonder what songs Sal came up with but someone said, "hey no, we can't play that on the show".

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Really makes you wonder what songs Sal came up with but someone said, "hey no, we can't play that on the show".

Remember during the Booey song contest, Sal submitted a song as "Al Joevernale" that was just him signing the N-Word to a Michael Jackson song I think.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Remember during the Booey song contest, Sal submitted a song as "Al Joevernale" that was just him signing the N-Word to a Michael Jackson song I think.

It was "Thriller", emphasizing Gary's lips and using that word. Sal was annoyed at the perceived lack of quality of the listener submitted song parodies (they weren't offensive enough) so he took it upon himself to set the bar.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
https://youtu.be/Bj4ll_I_mj4?si=OqPXz5HyfF3MbVx_

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Really makes you wonder how his marriage survived

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

He lived in the closet too long, that fucks you up emotionally.

I remember the very first time I tuned into the Stern show on Sirius it was the wrap-up show where Joey Boots emotionally admitted to being gay, this was immediately followed by a constant stream of people like Yucko calling in to laugh at him and call him a fag.

I don't know if that is the worst introduction to the Stern show or the very best.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Artie fake coming out to George was one of the most tasteless things they ever did.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Artie fake coming out to George was one of the most tasteless things they ever did.

Ehhh it wasnt good but I think a lot of the poo poo they did with/to Gary and Beet were much worse. George atleast could comprehend the joke after the fact but sending Gary to the moon or whatever was just mean.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Baba Booey was always a good sport but having an actress call in and pretend she got date raped by Gary right before he got married was pretty brutal.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Two Kings posted:

Baba Booey was always a good sport but having an actress call in and pretend she got date raped by Gary right before he got married was pretty brutal.

The Stuttering John Prank wars were great. The Gary Date Rape prank, Stealing the Gary Puppet, Loosing all his money In the stock market, Gary fake firing John on camera, Jackies fake daughter, taping Scott the Engineers phone down and on and on it went

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Daniel Mendelson wrote a Ralph tribute song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2FKTYBbh7g

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Ehhh it wasnt good but I think a lot of the poo poo they did with/to Gary and Beet were much worse. George atleast could comprehend the joke after the fact but sending Gary to the moon or whatever was just mean.

I think George was hurt that what seemed like Artie coming to him in confidence and having a real human moment, only to say front of a million people "HAHA! look at your face!"

lol sending Gary to the moon is good to listen to if you want to hear a bit bomb for half an hour. Pretty obvious that Gary is just going along or they've at least coached him on a few things. Half way though you're just wishing they would abandon the bit and go to commercial, but they'd been promoting it all week.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I play No Man's Sky, and I keep hearing Artie, in my head, going "NEW Man's Sky"

Howard: "Oh really?"

Artie: "I think? Jeez, I wouldn't want to get that name wrong..."

Chill out. Do something good. In space.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think the Gary to the moon bit was mean spirited. It seemed like they were hoping he would get excited and have fun and it completely backfired.

The coming out to George thing was worse because he was just so incredibly supportive and there was no real punchline. Artie too was clearly uncomfortable about it and they should have just apologized and never played it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Shuli randomly appears on podcasts as well. I heard him on an episode of the Eric Bischoff (former WCW head) wrestling podcast and it didn't take long before he crowbarred in jew jokes and Stern show references.

I was always amazed that after tuning out of the show for many years and tuning back in, that they still reference the same things. Like there are no real new references. Aside from maybe drops like "I'm a cowboy" or something.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bonzo posted:

That really, really, really, REALLY bothered me, enough that I posted about it twice before this post :v:

me in 2019 posted:

That coming out prank really, really disturbs me. He used someone else's kindness about a real, serious, ongoing issue that they themselves have experienced, and twisted it into a goof. I love pranks & goofs & bits, but this one was beyond horrible.

me in 2020 posted:

This wasn't funny and it made me feel really bad for him. He seems like such a nice guy. :smith:

And it still bothers me, because it was very hosed up.

Bonzo posted:

I think George was hurt that what seemed like Artie coming to him in confidence and having a real human moment, only to say front of a million people "HAHA! look at your face!"

Lifespan posted:

The coming out to George thing was worse because he was just so incredibly supportive and there was no real punchline. Artie too was clearly uncomfortable about it and they should have just apologized and never played it.

:emptyquote:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

There's a missed meta punchline, where they should've all goofed on Artie for pulling such a stupid loving prank.

If Sal had done it, he would've caught major poo poo for it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lifespan posted:

:10bux:

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Lifespan posted:

Hello, yoo-hoo, we live in America,

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There's a missed meta punchline, where they should've all goofed on Artie for pulling such a stupid loving prank.

If Sal had done it, he would've caught major poo poo for it.
Yah but Sal would have done it unprompted to a random guest in the greenroom.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Hello, yoo-hoo, we live in America,

Yah but Sal would have done it unprompted to a random guest in the greenroom.

"Hi. This is Sal Governale...."

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

quote:

next thing you know, he ends up with a bucket full of cum in his rear end.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I guess I’m alone in believing Artie’s coming out story was 100% real and was just his incredibly hosed up, plausibly deniable way of admitting to the world he’s gay :v:

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Ralph Hurley posted:

I guess I’m alone in believing Artie’s coming out story was 100% real and was just his incredibly hosed up, plausibly deniable way of admitting to the world he’s gay :v:

I always felt the same way.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thank you, thank you

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Former Human posted:

This is a pretty good article from Conan about the guy who sued over similar joke tweets:

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/conan-obrien-jokes-lawsuit-alex-kaseberg-settlement-1203210214/

I wonder if it was a shock to the professional joke writers that millions of people can do their job just as well. Like when the other late night writers come up with the same joke, sure, you're all pros, but when it's just a rando I wonder if they feel anxiety. I think I would feel anxiety.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I wonder if it was a shock to the professional joke writers that millions of people can do their job just as well. Like when the other late night writers come up with the same joke, sure, you're all pros, but when it's just a rando I wonder if they feel anxiety. I think I would feel anxiety.

They’re still litigating Levy Vs Chappelle over “I beat my dick like it owes me money.”

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

You can't say "I want to punch her 'til she shits out her bones" now, thanks to woke.

Ralph Hurley posted:

No, he just can't find the right woman despite being a super macho rich famous guy who knows a ton about sports, especially the really manly ones, who hates himself and only visits sex workers. He makes Liberace look like he wasn't even trying to find a wife!!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The Queer Eye thing was a huge cry for help

And a request for which gay guy wants to gently caress him.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm a straight guy, maybe it's different for others, but I've also never shouted "Which of you gay guys is gonna gently caress me in the rear end" and not meant it

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ok, I guess I'm blind, because I never saw any genuine queerness in Artie. I could be totally wrong, though.

In Artie, I just see someone with a brutal combination of emotional damage, and complete emotional immaturity. Like a lot of comedians though that's a double-edged sword, because his brilliant man-child aspect was what enabled him to be so funny on the show.

He's a little Trump, he's coddled and he never had to actually grow up. I really don't think he's capable of a loving relationship with anyone of any gender.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I mean, it's his own business and who really cares. I'm not an expert and he is obviously in the position of having to be funny and make up funny situations and be exposed to analysis about every little thing he says since he had to talk for 2-4 hours a day. But Joey Boots for example seemed even less prone to making the homophobic/self-denial type statements that often are seen in guys who come out later in life in my limited experience of watching people actually be able to come out later in life, which is only the last 30 years or so.

Also Artie knew nothing about how the game of football works and lost in fantasy football to Crazy Alice (Hi Fred)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Artie's not gay, he was just so desperate for laughs/approval along with the faux machismo stuff from his father and being a "Jersey longshoreman" that he would take any chance he could to make any gay joke that came to mind. He hasn't had successful relationships because of his immaturity and like most addicts, being incredibly loving selfish. He was with Dainer for a long time before she just couldn't put up with his poo poo anymore. He was engaged to another addict whom he partially blames for his nose collapse. He was pretty open before he went in to hiding that he finally was recognizing his problems more and was avoiding relationships and hookers.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

thanks to woke.

Let's not shall we?