Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How is this the first time I’m seeing this? Apparently from episode 4 of Ahsoka this picture was on the dash of the Ghost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

How is this the first time I’m seeing this? Apparently from episode 4 of Ahsoka this picture was on the dash of the Ghost?

Huh, never even noticed that. I assume that’s live action Kanan though I don’t know who the model is

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
That is clearly photoshopped Freddie Prince Jr

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

It's a very small picture on the dash of the Ghost, yeah. Barely noticeable, so you can't be blamed for missing it, but someone freeze framed it and zoomed in.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Those two Bad Batch episodes were the most engaged I've been all season since the opener.

It's also the first Star Wars content I've seen since getting a soundbar and not relying on modern TV speakers and holy poo poo the ships sound incredible. :asoiaf:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I somehow watched the second Bad Batch episode and not the first so now I have more Star Wars to watch this week :woop:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

bunnyofdoom posted:

That is clearly photoshopped Freddie Prince Jr

Could've just used a still from Wing Commander

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

3 Action Economist posted:

Could've just used a still from Wing Commander

I hate that movie so much.

Amazing opening credits, though. Setting up a movie it could never live up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tu1k72xpI

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 4, 2024

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Vintersorg posted:

I was going to joke that it was Freddie Prinze Jr. until I remembered that he actually voiced Kanan so obviously it is him.

thrawn527 posted:

The space bulldozer scene is absolutely incredible, though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Sombrerotron posted:

I was going to joke that it was Freddie Prinze Jr. until I remembered that he actually voiced Kanan so obviously it is him.

The space bulldozer scene is absolutely incredible, though.

Yeah true, that and the opening credits are the only good scenes in that terrible movie.

I kinda can't believe that it's directed by the creator of the games. But I guess he just didn't know how to direct a movie. And fair enough, I don't know how to direct a movie either. It's just crazy how much he changed from the games.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

thrawn527 posted:

I saw Wing Commander in theaters when it came out lol

My main memory is it was one of like two movies that included the trailer for The Phantom Menace. We went to a non-peak showing, like 11 AM on a Thursday or Friday, something like that, and the theater was maybe half filled. Once the trailer for Star Wars was shown, at least half the people there got up and left.

8 year old me thought it was alright, we maybe rented it from Blockbuster sometime later when it was like $1 or whatever, but I don’t think I’ve seen it again since I was 9 lol

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah true, that and the opening credits are the only good scenes in that terrible movie.

I kinda can't believe that it's directed by the creator of the games. But I guess he just didn't know how to direct a movie. And fair enough, I don't know how to direct a movie either. It's just crazy how much he changed from the games.

In his defense, he doesn't know how to make games either nowadays.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 5, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
? that video is just him dumping on crybaby fans and relaying stuff george lucas told him about how the story goes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fartknocker posted:

I saw Wing Commander in theaters when it came out lol

My main memory is it was one of like two movies that included the trailer for The Phantom Menace. We went to a non-peak showing, like 11 AM on a Thursday or Friday, something like that, and the theater was maybe half filled. Once the trailer for Star Wars was shown, at least half the people there got up and left.

8 year old me thought it was alright, we maybe rented it from Blockbuster sometime later when it was like $1 or whatever, but I don’t think I’ve seen it again since I was 9 lol

I remember seeing it in the theater too.

Me and my mum were the only ones in it. :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

site posted:

? that video is just him dumping on crybaby fans and relaying stuff george lucas told him about how the story goes

Huh so it is, I’d heard elsewhere that he didn’t really enjoy his time on Star Wars but I may have been misinformed.

Edit: From what I hear he wasn't happy with his interactions with the fanbase and considers Stars Wars more for children than adults.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 5, 2024

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The trailer clearly shows Bariss looking up when Vader walks by, so she knows right away. Which is probably not a good sign for her longevity.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

twistedmentat posted:

The trailer clearly shows Bariss looking up when Vader walks by, so she knows right away. Which is probably not a good sign for her longevity.

If so, I feel like this is going to turn out that a lot of Inquisitor deaths were simply "Found out the boss was Anakin", because it's happened twice now...

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If so, I feel like this is going to turn out that a lot of Inquisitor deaths were simply "Found out the boss was Anakin", because it's happened twice now...

There's a moment in Kieron Gillen's Darth Vader comic where the handler he's been saddled with discovers that Vader has been searching for Luke Skywalker, correctly deduces that Vader is Anakin and looking to supplant the Emperor, and realizes at the same moment that he can't have covered his tracks well enough to not spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder, so instead he calls up Vader and basically goes, "Well, I'm a true believer in the Empire, here's what you've been looking for, it's been an honor, Anakin."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cross-Section posted:

dollars to donuts that's the final scene of the Barriss episodes, it's not that she figures out who he is, it's that Vader recognizes her and as such executes her without a second thought lol

I can definitely see Annakin/Vader going, "It's. All. Her. Fault!"

WIthout her betrayal, he never would have lost Ahsoka, if he never lost Ahsoka he never would have fallen, he never would have fought Obi Wan and ended up dismembered and burned.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Neddy Seagoon posted:

In the Darth Vader comics and other stuff, its really clear that hiding that Vader was Anakin is a big deal, and very few people know that its true, and even fewer survive with that knowlage. Besides the Emperor, Tarkin figures it out, but he's lucky enough to be basically Palpatine's top guy after Vader so he gets a pass, but almost everyone else is either killed or keeps that knowlage to themselves.

Also its interesting to note that even after his death, it wasn't widely known that Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker, and that was used to discredit Leia by some Imperial loyalist Senators.

Speaking of Tarkin, i loved him calling up Hemlock going "Hey, our Evil Budget is ballooning this month because of whatever you're doing, what gives?". This also is really good because we all know the Empire is just space Nazi Germany, but having multiple secret projects going and the leadership being unaware and having to compete with each other is something very true to the Nazis. Whomever could impress Hitler with the coolest jet, the biggest tank or whatever could get funding for their project. But unlike the Nazis, people in the Empire are not losers and morons and actualy know what they're doing, that their competent, with only arrogance being shared.

I'm really worried that the series will end with the Bad Batch sacrificing themselves to blow up Tantis, while Omega, Rex and Wulf fly off in their ship with the kids.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Given how Tarkin dealt with Thrawn's TIE fighter prototypes, I'm wondering if he'll be white anting the Tantiss project now to ensure his own boondoggles get more funding.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Given how Tarkin dealt with Thrawn's TIE fighter prototypes, I'm wondering if he'll be white anting the Tantiss project now to ensure his own boondoggles get more funding.

I doubt that, since Palatine himself is heavily invested in Project Necromancer, whereas the Defender project was (just) starships

Methinks Palpatine is not going to be happy for his project to suffer a setback that pushes it some 50 years down the line

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I do like how Tarkin did try to cozy up to Hemlock for a hot second when Hemlock bragged that the project was dear to the Emperor. "Hey, buddy, how about you just let me step in and take the credit...no? Ok, gently caress you forever, then".

Also, whas Hemlock looking at Darktrooper schematics on his datapad right before that call? That's ominous as gently caress, if it is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marsupial Ape posted:

I do like how Tarkin did try to cozy up to Hemlock for a hot second when Hemlock bragged that the project was dear to the Emperor. "Hey, buddy, how about you just let me step in and take the credit...no? Ok, gently caress you forever, then".

Digital homunculus aside, I love Tarkin starting Rogue One all "Why are you wasting our time and resources on YOUR lovely project, Krennic?" and the moment it actually works he's all,"Well, I'll be sure to let the Emperor know how great MY project is working out." Him just consistently and sadistically ruining Krennic's day culminating in him using the Death Star to literally snipe the piece of poo poo was a ton of fun.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So is this Barriss kid the Inquisitor Maul offs later on then?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I can definitely see Annakin/Vader going, "It's. All. Her. Fault!"

WIthout her betrayal, he never would have lost Ahsoka, if he never lost Ahsoka he never would have fallen, he never would have fought Obi Wan and ended up dismembered and burned.

:stare:

Would Ani make that kind of deductive leap though? He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, bless.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sentinel Red posted:

It would be a really awkward retcon because Ahsoka meets (and fights) Seventh Sister unmasked at one point.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Would Ani make that kind of deductive leap though? He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, bless.

He doesn't have to figure it out, he can just use force hax to see the relevant future. If it's convenient to the plot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It would be a really awkward retcon because Ahsoka meets (and fights) Seventh Sister unmasked at one point.

I think Seventh Sister is part of the same species at least but there’s no evidence of her actually being Barriss (the two of them also have different VAs if I recall correctly)

Speaking of, I’m also curious if they’re bringing Barriss back just to formally kill her off or if she’ll eventually pop up in Ahsoka S2 or something like that

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 5, 2024

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Marsupial Ape posted:

And Daniel Logan deserves at least like a walk on roll, at this point. He's a good lookin' guy. Say he's the son of a clone or something. It should be a thing that the children of clones want to hug Boba Fett for nostalgia reasons.

Honestly Daniel Logan should of been Boba Fett in the Mando verse. The ages would match up better. Save Tem for the clones and old man Rex.

Also, live action Omega will probably be played by Keisha Castle-Hughes. I'd much prefer Frankie Adams, but I don't think it'll happen at this point.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Honestly Daniel Logan should of been Boba Fett in the Mando verse. The ages would match up better. Save Tem for the clones and old man Rex.

Also, live action Omega will probably be played by Keisha Castle-Hughes. I'd much prefer Frankie Adams, but I don't think it'll happen at this point.

Lucas already retconned Tem into being the voice of Boba in one of the ESB rereleases so I assume they were just going off that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PriorMarcus posted:

Counterpoint: It should :colbert:

Disney can't counter my logic, and they'd be foolish to try.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerusalem posted:

Digital homunculus aside, I love Tarkin starting Rogue One all "Why are you wasting our time and resources on YOUR lovely project, Krennic?" and the moment it actually works he's all,"Well, I'll be sure to let the Emperor know how great MY project is working out." Him just consistently and sadistically ruining Krennic's day culminating in him using the Death Star to literally snipe the piece of poo poo was a ton of fun.

Tarkin's project is obviously superior.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Sentinel Red posted:

Sharpest? No.

But he does love blaming other people for his mistakes.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Sharpest? No.

But he does love blaming other people for his mistakes.

Did Ghost Anakin ever actually apologize for all the poo poo he did? I know we're supposed to accept that he was atoned for his wickedness when he threw an old wizard down a well, but I kinda want to hear it out of his mouth.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Marsupial Ape posted:

Did Ghost Anakin ever actually apologize for all the poo poo he did? I know we're supposed to accept that he was atoned for his wickedness when he threw an old wizard down a well, but I kinda want to hear it out of his mouth.

Look, he's here, ok

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Marsupial Ape posted:

I think this came up in a Legends book, where he showed up to Leia and she didn't want to hear anything he had to say. In current canon, no, not that I'm aware of.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Marsupial Ape posted:

He, Obi-Wan, and Yoda all helped guide Luke after Endor, according to Star Wars: Secrets of the Jedi, and he did appear to Luke during Shadow of the Sith

Leia, on the other hand, never forgives him and denies him with every fiber of her being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

and he did appear to Luke during Shadow of the Sith

I still have to read that one.