Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
:staredog: Eight drinks over the course of dinner? Jesus Christ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

:staredog: Eight drinks over the course of dinner? Jesus Christ!

Shots are really small tho! :v:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Funktastic posted:

AITA for taking “advantage” of my gf?

quote:

it was technically unlimited

lmao if you're using technicalities with a loved one, you've already hosed up lol

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Funktastic posted:

I usually pay $100-150 for both of us for her birthday dinner
I had 8 drinks and a steak and dessert at a steakhouse [...] it came to $310 with tips

I wonder how he'd react if roles were reversed and he was the one picking up the bill that's 2-3x bigger

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
If we follow the "everyone is fatter than you imagine" rule, it might even be possible that he really wasn't that drunk? Like, he weighs over 600 pounds, and has a liver the size of a small horse.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Funktastic posted:

"Tradition" is one way of saying "relationship"

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
I really hope there were other people there too, because lol I can't imagine downing eight drinks opposite a sober person.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I got in trouble because I was talking to a coworker and saying I can't believe insurance pays for chiropractor visits it's a dangerous scam, and turns out she used to work as a chiropractic nurse and was offended and complained.

my torts prof in 1L went on about how chiropractors were quacks and actively dangerous. The next class he started out with an apology for being dismissive of chiropractors. One of the other guys in the class' dad was/is a chiropractor and he'd gone to the dean and complained.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

olylifter posted:

my torts prof in 1L went on about how chiropractors were quacks and actively dangerous. The next class he started out with an apology for being dismissive of chiropractors. One of the other guys in the class' dad was/is a chiropractor and he'd gone to the dean and complained.

Wow I hope they cave that fast on all factual things when faced with mild pushback from a single student

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This was a chiropractor a few blocks from me on March 16th, 2020.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Remarkable how much a pair of quote marks can tell you about someone.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I am a computer person toucher. I am healing your bones.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But doctor, I am the tragic pandemic

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

"Coronavirus" is one word. You'd know that if you went to a school for real doctors.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

wheatpuppy posted:

If we follow the "everyone is fatter than you imagine" rule, it might even be possible that he really wasn't that drunk? Like, he weighs over 600 pounds, and has a liver the size of a small horse.

All I can picture is John Candy eating the Old 96er with a fifth of Tito's

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

wheatpuppy posted:

quote:

it wasn’t just André’s size that was legendary.

Friends called him one of the greatest drinkers who ever lived, with him reportedly getting through 106 beers in one night, having a case of wine delivered before a match and easily downing four bottles of wine, 25 beers and a handful of mixer drinks on average after it was over.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

wheatpuppy posted:

eh I'm 200lbs and if they're restaurant bottles that's like 4 actual pints and honestly I could manage that over an hour and a half without getting a buzz

yes I am outing myself as a functional alcoholic

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
AITA, for renaming my niece and nephew?

quote:

I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes I'm dyslexic

My sister and my brother-in-law are awful people they are disgusting human beings who should never have been allowed to reproduce but life's not fair and my sister gave birth to my beautiful niece and my gorgeous nephew. my niece and nephew were removed from their care permanently and I legally adopted them. I'm not going to go into detail about what they did to these poor kids well let's just say it was horrible. One of the most horrible things that they've done was what they named their kids and they're not something old fashion like Gertrude or Eugene no, my niece original name means prostitute and, they named my nephew after a dog from a horror movie. So when I adopted them and filled out the paperwork to change my niblings last name to mine I also changed their first names to. This was over 6 years when niece was just about to turn 4 and nephew was 2 and a half years ago. My sister just found out last week that I changed their names and is going crazy to family and online. I didn't think I was an rear end in a top hat until our mutual aunt someone I respect said that I was an rear end to complete erase my sister and BIL connection to my kids, and now I'm starting to second guess my self

So am I the rear end for renaming my niece and nephew?

The children's names were Jezebel and Cujo

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Shanghaied posted:

NGL Jezebel rocks as a name.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Jez is a good nickname though
Belle works too!! i don't see the problem. maybe i'm biased because there's a batman villain named jezebel jet

mystes
May 31, 2006

Runcible Cat posted:

It at least sounds fine as a name but it's probably asking for harassment from christian fundamentalists or something

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

She can be friends with Harlot

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

She can be friends with Harlot
or my niece, The Whore of Babylon

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

She was born to be the woman we could blame

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 5, 2024

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Shanghaied posted:

My sister just found out last week that I changed their names and is going crazy to family and online.

I really want to see the indignant posts that necessarily have to explain that your children were legally removed from your care.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hello, these are my children, Jezebel and Kotaku

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Extra Large Marge posted:

Hello, these are my children, Jezebel and Kotaku

I'm sorry to hear about Jezebel's passing. Hope you're doing OK.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for keeping my nephew's birthday gift, a PS5, since he broke my N64.

quote:

I fix broken or old gaming systems nas a hobby and to make a few dollars. I have a pretty decent collection that I love. All of them work but they are delicate. The controllers for my Intellivision for example are very touchy. So I mostly play on emulators for the older games.

My brother has a stepson that he is planning to adopt. I thought I would do something nice and give him a refurbished PS5 for his birthday this year. I took a long time cleaning one up and stress testing it to make sure it worked. I did a great job if I do say so myself. I love that I'm going to be an aunt.

My brother, his wife, and their children were over visiting. We played Mario Kart on my Switch and I kicked butt. My big brother whined that I only beat him because it's a fancy new system and that he could destroy me on N64. Challenge Accepted.

I have a translucent orange N64 console that is one of my pride and joys. I brought it down off the shelf, found the cartridge, blah blah blah, crushed my stinking brother the same way he used to beat me.

My nephew wanted to try so I allowed it. I told him that he needed to be careful because it was an old system and kind of delicate. I didn't even try hard. I didn't even pick Yoshi or use any short cuts. I still whooped the kid.

He was so angry that he picked up.the console and smashed it on the table. It didn't fly apart or anything but it stopped working. And the was a crack in the casing.

I was pissed. I kicked everyone out of my game room and told my brother I was going to charge him whatever it cost me to fix that console. He said it was old and not worth much and he would replace it for $30 from eBay.

I said sure but it had to be the same color. He looked and only found them for about $250.

He said that was ridiculous for an ancient console and he wouldn't replace it. I was upset but I said fine.

I sold the PS5 and used the money to fix up my old console. It's not perfect but it works perfectly.

I gave my nephew a $50 gift certificate for Nintendo for his birthday. I had checked with my brother in advance about his first gift to make sure he and his wife were okay with it so he was expecting the PS5. My brother not my nephew. My nephew thanked me for the $50 and apologized for getting upset and breaking my N64.

Now my brother is pissed because he had purchased a couple of games for the PS5 to give the kid for his birthday. So he will have to go get one since the only one I have now is mine. He said I was an rear end in a top hat to sell a gift. I said he needs to be responsible for the actions of his children. Our parents say we are both being petty.
How dare you not give me a PS5 for my son's birthday like you promised. What do you mean it was a gift for my son?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Are the translucent N64s worth more? A friend found a translucent purple (I think?) N64 hidden under her kitchen cabinet, of all places, and sold it for like a hundred bucks.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Worth more to a weird nerd, you can just buy replacement shells in any colour transparency for about 20 bucks though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wheatpuppy posted:

He said he had a high tolerance.

He also passed the tolerance of his girlfriend's patience with his alcoholism why he's one of the 5 people not allowed to drink at his sister's wedding.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Kurieg posted:

I didn't even try hard. I didn't even pick Yoshi or use any short cuts. I still whooped the kid.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Shanghaied posted:

"Coronavirus" is one word. You'd know that if you went to a school for real doctors.

He's a "doctor"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The story is long and not very funny (abuse, etc.) but I did want post the title for all of use to admire:

AITA FOR LAUGHING AT MY DEPRESSED EX AND TELLING HIM TO GO gently caress HIMSELF?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Funktastic posted:

Comment:

quote:

As an Australian I’m surprised to learn that 8 drinks is a lot, but I still say YTA because I feel he’s taken advantage of the arrangement.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well everything is upside down in Australia, so an 8 is actually

oh wow it's still 8 dang

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Australian motorsport fans screamed bloody murder when they limited the amount of alcohol you can bring to the Bathurst 1000 race to 24 cans of beer or 4 litres of wine per person per day.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

hawowanlawow posted:

well everything is upside down in Australia, so an 8 is actually

oh wow it's still 8 dang

Good thing they weren't in Ecuador, that 8 would have become infinity

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Shanghaied posted:

I think you mean little Jezebel and her brother, the Pnhound of Baskervilles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Shanghaied posted:

Australian motorsport fans screamed bloody murder when they limited the amount of alcohol you can bring to the Bathurst 1000 race to 24 cans of beer or 4 litres of wine per person per day.

just hurling empties down mount panorama