Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Snow Cone Capone posted:

wait so is accelerationism just "we're hosed anyway, might as well speed it up"? what even is the logic there

Political Accelerationism is like: "The existing system is lovely and it's collapse is inevitable. The best move is to speed it up so we can rebuild something better, sooner."

This is dumb for a variety of reasons, but that guy seems to be a Climate/Ecological Accelerationist which I dont think I've seen before and is even dumber. Building a better government from the ruins of the old one is at least historically possible, but I don't think you're gonna build a better biosphere.

I've always seen accelerationists as folks crowdsourcing their own suicide, that particular dude seems to be a bit more open about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
hey eric, I'm about to crowdsource my foot up your rear end

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Violen posted:

some people got righteous about his calm hitler joke too lol

Which is really funny to me because it's not even a joke. Or rather, it's a joke about the D&D posters they get so frothing mad about all the time, by deliberately making the forum a petri dish to cultivate freakish debate club posting. You'd think at least some of them would realize that and laugh at it instead of terribly misunderstanding why it's funny.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
he gave them what they want and yet they are not satisfied

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's better than having an angry Hitler around.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The whole brick thing is weird because they're using cruel slurs I never even hard of until now for their posting enemies. Really digging deep into the slur draw pile to bully someone who is one iota less mad about Joe Biden being President.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
i thought they were making jokes about the dog bricker??? what???

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's a mean thing to call a trans woman apparently.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

once i tried to explain to someone in cspam that smoothbrain was just as ableist as the r word and they tried to argue with me that such a condition did not exist therefore it was not ableist... love that forum

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

IGgy IGsen posted:

Just gotta tell them that touching grass is praxis
I touch grass every day, and it only inspires me to post more. Mad?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
To be honest, calling the “chaos begins to fascinate me” permabanned guy an accelerationist is ascribing too coherent of an ideology to him, I think. He’s a shut in wallowing in a depression hole because he can’t unplug from soul crushing online politics news. It’s like that story about how people volunteering at a soup kitchen were told the homeless coming in would violently trash the bathroom because doing that felt like the only thing they had control over. Except garbage bags at his work or some poo poo.

I don’t know if we’re doomed or whatever, but if the choice is between dying and keeping on living do what you can to keep yourself happy and healthy first. If you still have time or energy after to do something to make the world better, then go for it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fajita Queen posted:

Which is really funny to me because it's not even a joke. Or rather, it's a joke about the D&D posters they get so frothing mad about all the time, by deliberately making the forum a petri dish to cultivate freakish debate club posting. You'd think at least some of them would realize that and laugh at it instead of terribly misunderstanding why it's funny.

Its really funny seeing people who have hated D&D and everyone in it for a decade be like "D&D was good, actually, until Koos rules"

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Political Accelerationism is like: "The existing system is lovely and it's collapse is inevitable. The best move is to speed it up so we can rebuild something better, sooner."

This is dumb for a variety of reasons, but that guy seems to be a Climate/Ecological Accelerationist which I dont think I've seen before and is even dumber. Building a better government from the ruins of the old one is at least historically possible, but I don't think you're gonna build a better biosphere.

I've always seen accelerationists as folks crowdsourcing their own suicide, that particular dude seems to be a bit more open about it.

cant imagine why a bunch of nerds with crippling anxiety and depression issues circle jerking each other about how worthless life is would be a bad thing, didn't see that coming at all.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

6 AM, Trump thread on Christmas
My NoJoe tag shines in the dark
Some succlib posts 'bout voting Biden
The thread's asleep and I am... numb
Sheeeeee's a brick cause she voted Hillary
Reported her post and it's going nowhere

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the number of people that understand serious political theory in D&D and CSPAM can be counted on one hand everyone else just parrots words they heard somewhere else without understanding them

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

once i tried to explain to someone in cspam that smoothbrain was just as ableist as the r word and they tried to argue with me that such a condition did not exist therefore it was not ableist... love that forum

it literally does??? it does exist and it's really bad turns out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

6 AM, Trump thread on Christmas
My NoJoe tag shines in the dark
Some succlib posts 'bout voting Biden
The thread's asleep and I am... numb
Reported her post and it's going nowhere

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the number of people that understand serious political theory in D&D and CSPAM can be counted on one hand everyone else just parrots words they heard somewhere else without understanding them

they are both terrible subforums

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Yeah that's what makes it praxis.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm not gonna check the thread to see if they're integrating well but it's really really funny to me that the CSPAM i/p thread now has "d&d posters welcome" in the title

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

my political ideology is simple: i think sephiroth is badass and the things he says are cool and his sword is really long. politically speaking sephiroth sword is so long he basically counts as a ranged attacker; when he killed the snake with the sword i was like whoa. Sephiroth....

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

my political ideology is simple: i think sephiroth is badass and the things he says are cool and his sword is really long. politically speaking sephiroth sword is so long he basically counts as a ranged attacker; when he killed the snake with the sword i was like whoa. Sephiroth....

sephiroth is a chud

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

liking sephiroth is praxis

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sephiroth is a chud

that's right. mad?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It occurred to me that if/when they remake Brokeback Mountain with two cowgirls, some people will be calling it Wokeback Mountain.

That's my political joke for today, thank you.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

pog boyfriend posted:

99% of forum warriors give up their decades long grudge the post before they would have finally gotten through

peace in our time, so close

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i wonder if caro got his millions yet

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Orbs posted:

I touch grass every day, and it only inspires me to post more. Mad?
Yes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sephiroth is a chad

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Elena is based

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

This is some kind of phrenology

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sephiroth is a chadley

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sephiroth is a chadley

Pablo Nergigante