Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have a somewhat hot take

Luck of the Fryrish is a MUCH sadder episode than Jurassic Bark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

a neat cape posted:

Honestly I kind of agree. Leela's homeworld is also sadder to me but uh I may have some projection going on there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

a neat cape posted:

Well, yeah, they retconned Jurassic Bark in Bender's Big Score which is horseshit.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/ohheyjenna/status/1776285734128767453?s=46

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a sexual elk posted:

2 best Satans are #2 Ray Wise in Reaper (loving underrated) and #1 Peter Stormare in Constantine

Floating down in a white suit while dripping poison from his feet was so badass
Keanu Reeves has been in at least two different movies involving Satan, Devil's Advocate and Constantine. In Bram Stoker's Dracula he was up against, well, Dracula. In the Matrix series he was up against "well not exactly Satan, maybe more like Dracula" with the Merovingian. In Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey he's up against Death. In John Wick he is Death / Baba Yaga.

He's been in a lot of good movies that sort of involve death and evil and sometimes literally Satan, that's all I'm saying.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Keanu Reeves and Nic Cage need to be in an action movie together

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And it needs to be Face/Off 2

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

And it needs to be Face/Off 2

DUDE i was thinking that holy poo poo

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I would really love to see Keanu as Batman. Not even Bruce Wayne, but as Batman fighting and moving like John Wick.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Any of you play the new City Skylines?

Seems like it was a buggy poorly-performing mess at launch, but the underlying game mechanics were fun.

Wondering if the game has been sufficiently patched to be playable?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Vertical Lime posted:

apparently nyc had an earthquake

it’s to them what snow is to la
in 2002 there was a small tremor in the East River in NYC, and I felt it in Queens. It was like the building went "THUMP" and that was it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

There was an earthquake when I was in college that we could feel in NC. I had just bought a new surround sound system for our apartment and turned on COD when it shook, so I naturally assumed that my subwoofer just kicked mondo rear end. I didn’t find out there was an earthquake until my roommates got home.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Braksgirl posted:

Some of us were there for both. I watched Fleabag for Hot Priest too.

Absolutely. PWB is obviously a highlight there too, but the whole cast is honestly great.

The finale had me crying like a baby.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

How the hell does the northeast have an earthquake? Isn't the nearest fault line in Tennessee?

e: just looked because I felt dumb lol. I legit didn't know about the Ramapo Fault Zone when I knew about most of the rest.

Common misconception. There is nowhere on earth that never has earthquakes. They are a lot more common along identified fault lines, but all of the continents are in motion, stretching and mooshing and twisting and poo poo like that, and an earthquake can happen literally anywhere as a result.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Thaddius the Large posted:

Don’t recall if I mentioned in here but I got mine a few months back and the doctor wound up being a lady named Dr Hatchett, I know by now she’s heard literally every joke but I still appreciated it

I had mine a year ago and now have the post-vasectomy pain issue. Sucks but oh well.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

DJT stock in free fall lol.

It is, but it's not falling fast enough for me.

Also I learned that google sucks again as I googled DJT stock price and google is giving me the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which was showing a slight uptick today and I thought I was being hosed with.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I kind of want to try cupping, not because I think it'll do anything but I really curious about what it feels like.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

swickles posted:

I would really love to see Keanu as Batman. Not even Bruce Wayne, but as Batman fighting and moving like John Wick.

I think it's just my own perception bias, but I feel like guys like Keanu & Cruise have been around forever. Keanu was 25 when he did Bill&Ted, 27 for Point Break. Cruise was 21 for Risky Business. I feel like the 80s gave people a chance earlier on, partly due to not competing for action roles against 60 year olds at the time. Modern diet+training has let those guys do amazing things at their age (as well as Donnie Yen and a lot of others).

But when I look for young A-listers I draw a blank after the young stars of Dune 2 (Chalamet, Zendaya, Pugh, Taylor-Joy in a small role) all being 27-28. I've complained about it in the action thread, but Tony Jaa & Iko Uwais both had their breakouts by the age of 25, and I feel like that isn't happening anymore.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Also I learned that google sucks again as I googled DJT stock price and google is giving me the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which was showing a slight uptick today and I thought I was being hosed with.

Use the "quote:<ticker symbol>" construction and you'll always get the actual stock.
https://www.google.com/search?q=quote%3ADJT

also it's just about the most shorted stock in history, which will act as a massive brake to it falling in price quickly. Every time the price ticks down a bit, millions of dollars worth of options bets against the price become "in the money" and will get exercised asap by bettors, and in doing so they buy stock on the market to close the position, which supports the price a bit.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think unfortunately there's a not-insignificant number of retail holders that will never sell for ideological reasons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think unfortunately there's a not-insignificant number of retail holders that will never sell for ideological reasons.

haha

donald himself is holding a huge percentage of the stock, but those retail holders who will never sell have no effect on the price - price is set by actual transactions, so the price can go to zero despite those people

the industry term for people like that is "bagholder" as in they are the ones left holding the empty bag

the grift is that they're supporting trump's on-paper net worth and he can sell stock to fund his legal problems basically selling them to trump supporters who all say they're just doing it for ideological reasons but every single one without exception is dreaming of the millions they'll make as this stock goes to the moon forever

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I (and pmchem) can go into a lot more detail if anyone cares, but the interesting stuff to me is how this is sort of a funhouse mirror version of the gamestop meme stock phenomenon; in that case, boosters of the stock got together to punish the shorts on a failing company and, in a very short term, actually sort of halfway succeeded at making a couple of hedge firms blink. In this case, the short interest on DJT stock is so extreme that there are practically no shares available to borrow, it costs a huge premium to open a short position against the stock, and every dollar it goes down has a strong braking effect effectively applied by all the people who collectively want it to go down. But also it seems absolutely inevitable that it's going to crash, because Truth Social has no revenue to speak of and no prospects of getting any, and all the money that investors poured in via the IPO is going straight into donald trump's lawyers' pockets plus his legal settlements, rather than being invested into the company

a lot of people with options and shorts against the company can still lose if it takes too long to fall, though, so expect to see tons of gloating by right wingers about how those guys are getting hosed when some data shows that a bunch of bets against the stock via options have those contracts expire out of the money

also maybe I should say out loud, do not touch the poop; it's absurdly expensive and risky to open a short position against DJT right now, don't do that

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Canned Sunshine posted:

I had mine a year ago and now have the post-vasectomy pain issue. Sucks but oh well.

A year and a few months ago for me and yeah, I still get the ol’ sore balls some days.

Also to all of those considering it, make drat sure you do the follow up sperm test! It took me four-ish months and two tests until I no longer had any swimmers and definitely would have knocked the lady up without a condom!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

the grift is that they're supporting trump's on-paper net worth and he can sell stock to fund his legal problems basically selling them to trump supporters who all say they're just doing it for ideological reasons but every single one without exception is dreaming of the millions they'll make as this stock goes to the moon forever

it's this. SPACs are grifts in general, this is p naked money laundering to trump to allow him to put up collateral/get liquid for legal fees. they had ~$4 mil in revenue and almost $60mil in losses -- a turd like this being able to be listed, and holding the value it does, really highlights how asleep at the wheel any kind of financial regulation or enforcement is in America.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is on FX (likely to coincide with Frozen Kingdom being out in theaters right now) and I haven't seen this since it was out in the theaters.

It's… a'ight.

I'll likely wait for Ghostbusters: Frozen Kingdom watch it at home.

Meanwhile, I'll likely see Godzilla X Kong The New Empire on Tuesday with fellow goon Crosshatch, and I already got tickets to see Civil War on April 11.

I saw Frozen Empire last week and it was fine? There are valid criticisms you can raise against it, and they are very obvious once the film gets going but it is chock full of groan-inducing dad-style jokes which just tickled me the right way. I could say more, but I'm worried about spoilers so I'll leave it at that

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lmao pro click. Someone figuring out his “20 years of culinary expertise” was from OLIVE GARDEN

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

They’re both brutally sad but yeah luck of the fryish realllyyyyyy hits hard when you Yancy is giving his talk to his phillip fry

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Any of you play the new City Skylines?

Seems like it was a buggy poorly-performing mess at launch, but the underlying game mechanics were fun.

Wondering if the game has been sufficiently patched to be playable?

At launch it was so badly optimized it chugged like hell on my decent PC. Since then it was patched enough to play well. I like the road building stuff more than the older one, and the unlock progression seems more natural (iirc, I only played one game for a few hours). It's one I uninstalled recently in the constant shuffle of making enough room to play things, but that will probably last a month or so before I get the itch to start a new city again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

They’re both brutally sad but yeah luck of the fryish realllyyyyyy hits hard when you Yancy is giving his talk to his phillip fry

I tear up every time

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I (and pmchem) can go into a lot more detail if anyone cares, but the interesting stuff to me is how this is sort of a funhouse mirror version of the gamestop meme stock phenomenon; in that case, boosters of the stock got together to punish the shorts on a failing company and, in a very short term, actually sort of halfway succeeded at making a couple of hedge firms blink. In this case, the short interest on DJT stock is so extreme that there are practically no shares available to borrow, it costs a huge premium to open a short position against the stock, and every dollar it goes down has a strong braking effect effectively applied by all the people who collectively want it to go down. But also it seems absolutely inevitable that it's going to crash, because Truth Social has no revenue to speak of and no prospects of getting any, and all the money that investors poured in via the IPO is going straight into donald trump's lawyers' pockets plus his legal settlements, rather than being invested into the company

a lot of people with options and shorts against the company can still lose if it takes too long to fall, though, so expect to see tons of gloating by right wingers about how those guys are getting hosed when some data shows that a bunch of bets against the stock via options have those contracts expire out of the money

also maybe I should say out loud, do not touch the poop; it's absurdly expensive and risky to open a short position against DJT right now, don't do that

These posts were really interesting! Thanks :cheers:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Is Luck of the Fryish the one with the Pizzacato 5 song

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's the one with Leela's parents which is also a great episode to get all up in your feelings with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCQLMEGl0w

E: Well wrong language but whatever there's like 2 lines of dialogue

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I knew it was one of the Emotional Futurama Eps

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

That's the one with Leela's parents which is also a great episode to get all up in your feelings with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCQLMEGl0w

E: Well wrong language but whatever there's like 2 lines of dialogue

I feel like Futurama had a disproportionate amount of Feels episodes compared to its contemporary shows, like Simpsons, King of the Hill, Southpark, etc

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

I feel like Futurama had a disproportionate amount of Feels episodes compared to its contemporary shows, like Simpsons, King of the Hill, Southpark, etc

I can't think of any feels episodes from KOTH or South Park. A few heartwarming episodes between Hank and Bobby type stuff but nothing that quite goes for the jugular that Futurama did. The Simpsons had Homer and his mom, and a couple in later seasons that no one cares to remember.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I can't think of any feels episodes from KOTH or South Park. A few heartwarming episodes between Hank and Bobby type stuff but nothing that quite goes for the jugular that Futurama did. The Simpsons had Homer and his mom, and a couple in later seasons that no one cares to remember.

This episode still gets to me

https://twitter.com/Animated_Antic/status/1270052133585313795?t=H162adGB4k1s_b2JORfjrQ&s=19

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The Simpsons had Maggie Makes Three and the ending of it gets me every time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I haven't watched it in a long time but "feels" is probably the last thing I'd expect from South Park. Or have Matt and Trey grown soft in their senior years?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao pro click. Someone figuring out his “20 years of culinary expertise” was from OLIVE GARDEN

Not sure who you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

C-Euro posted:

I haven't watched it in a long time but "feels" is probably the last thing I'd expect from South Park. Or have Matt and Trey grown soft in their senior years?

The only 2 episodes that attempt to have feels is when Randy and Sharon get divorced (they immediately get back together in the next episode) and when they tried to kill Kenny off for good but yeah, neither are really emotionally damaging.