Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Gutter Runners could come back later on, but not in the Launch Box.

Shocked Nightrunners are sticking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Talas posted:

The results of the Stormcast Massacre of 2024:

Source: TGA forums.

This is much easier to deal with even if some are coming back in new forms. Like I expect a new Thunderstrike Lord Celestant.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah, they’re much uglier than Dracolines.

yeah its wild to get rid of the Dracolines and leave the Pug-Dragons in

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

MonsterEnvy posted:

This is much easier to deal with even if some are coming back in new forms. Like I expect a new Thunderstrike Lord Celestant.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they bring back some of the more impactful units as remastered versions, but then I feel they’ll just be doubling down on outrage. “You told me I couldn’t play with my Sacrosancts, so I burned them all, and now you’re releasing ‘Sacrosancts but a little taller’?!”

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Hot take on the gutter runners: they forgot about night runners and they're both going away. We'll get new Eshin units in about a year as part of a GHB, and they'll be heavily influenced by the Total War units like death runners and triads, maybe Even the return of the Eshin wizard.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I fully expect Sacrosanct units to return in the 5th edition launch box.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Geisladisk posted:

The only things not getting new models of the Skaven models announced as retired today are Gutter Runners, Censer Bearers, Rat swarms,.and giant rats. Everything else isn't being removed, just getting new models. This is according to leaks that have been 100% right so far, including with boc getting removed.

It's a clumsy as gently caress way of announcing it. First announce the new models, then announce what is getting cut, you absolute doofuses.

So you don't actually need to rebuy your army, because almost all of the units are staying.

I’d be interested in reading these - where are they posted?

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008

This was my local 2019 Armies on Parade entry for AoS. Most of these are now Legends.

In 40k context, this is like the firstborn marines getting removed just on a much shorter timescale than anyone expected.

The SCE range is huge and bloated to the point where it stopped making sense. There were multiple heroes and successive units that all filled the same role. A reduction was needed but this was entirely the fault of GW just pumping out releases. I know its weird to complain about your army constantly getting new units and army options all the time but most of them were ineffective or low power on the table. I collect what I enjoy but SCE was just too much. The sad thing about the Sancrosanct Chamber (AoS2.0) models is that they were never really any good at any point and now just get quietly put down.

It still sucks but I had a ton of enjoyment from my SCE army through making and playing it. I am keeping the models because I put a lot of time into them and enjoy them!

Will I stay collect/play SCE going forward? I do like the newer models and bought a bunch of the dragons without playing them much. It depends on whether the new edition is fun or not (the edition's poster faction seems to be the Hallowed Knights which is my faction). Just annoyed resignation really.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/05/the-anatomy-of-a-warscroll-in-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

Today's AoS update news is all about the new warscrolls and how they look and play.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

edit: beaten

The very first thing on the Nagash one annoys me. They just get done telling you about the unversal symbols they'll use, then use a symbol that isn't listed, along with an effect that will impact something that isn't defined on the warscroll.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/05/the-anatomy-of-a-warscroll-in-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

New warscroll previews

Ngl Liberators getting mortal wounds on sixes to hit is pretty nice, hope SCE are just a lot less pillowfisted this edition. I know they had some insanely damaging units but trying to kill anything with Liberators in 3rd was impossible.

Edit:beaten

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow they wiped out half of the stormcast range? that's crazy!

I wonder if they have replacements set up because that looks like an enormous culling.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker
It's about loving time that they rename wounds to health.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
To Wound is still in the weapon profile wtf, it's based literally on nothing, just lose it

Also hmmm at wizard(9) in nagash's profile

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Wtf is "Power Level" in regards to stats? Is that a new term for Wizard Levels, cause that's the only number on his Warscroll that isn't explicitly named in the article, that I could understand changing in the middle of a game.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 5, 2024

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Desfore posted:

Wtf is "Power Level" in regards to stats? Is that a new term for Wizard Levels, cause that's the only number on his Warscroll that isn't explicitly named in the article, that I could understand changing in the middle of a game.

I assume it’s the new standardised version of both wizards and bracketing monsters.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 5, 2024

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
Why doesn't Nagash's Hand of Dust just work on a 4+? Having your opponent pick a hand seems needlessly complicated -- for what, a bit of interactivity?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Muir posted:

Why doesn't Nagash's Hand of Dust just work on a 4+? Having your opponent pick a hand seems needlessly complicated -- for what, a bit of interactivity?

Learn a little basic sleight of hand and win every time.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Mechanically basically the same but tense and psychologically entertaining. “What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”, that sort of thing. Fitting for Nagash but wouldn’t necessarily want to see it everywhere.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

At least it's quick and easy to resolve. The real test will be what happens with Slaanesh, which ideally will be jettisoning temptation into the sun.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Muir posted:

it is fun

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I bought all of these dice and I want to use them

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Renaming wounds to health but then keeping health and damage the model taken as separate terms, what are you even doing? Was making things simpler not the point here?

Also you'd think a critical bit of gameplay information like a ward save would get a big bar up top like in 40K instead of being hidden somewhere at the bottom among the keywords.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lostconfused posted:

Renaming wounds to health but then keeping health and damage the model taken as separate terms, what are you even doing? Was making things simpler not the point here?

Also you'd think a critical bit of gameplay information like a ward save would get a big bar up top like in 40K instead of being hidden somewhere at the bottom among the keywords.

I like the gameplay relevant keywords getting their own section.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The Hand of Dust stinks of 1.0 rules and I'm very worried about that

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Business Gorillas posted:

The Hand of Dust stinks of 1.0 rules and I'm very worried about that

Isn't that the same rule he has right now? Looks like it on Wahapedia.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah it’s the same just no longer a spell

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Slightly different, it only kills heroes and monsters now, instead of any Model.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Incoming USR for pretending to ride an invisible horse

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
finishes snorting a line off the game table and high-fiving the Grey Seer model "Alright! Plus one to casting, lets go."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Implying OBR players are not high as balls off bone dust all the time, smh.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lostconfused posted:

This is something they did at the start in 40k 10th with Invulnerable Saves on the index cards as well. They've since corrected it with the ForgeWorld Indexes and Codex versions of the datasheets but it's like come on, you just did this and everyone told you it was stupid then as well.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like the gameplay relevant keywords getting their own section.

The gameplay relevant keywords and USRs getting their own section is good. But instead of being a teeny-tiny list at the bottom where the listbuilding keywords go, they really should be near the top and in some pretty legible print.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

That warscroll says the models have "a Warhammer" and no mention of shields. Is it just going to be up to the modeler to dual wield or shield up some guys or is "liberators with shields" going to be a different profile to reference?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's probably going to he a crunch down thing like with 10e. Liberators just have a "warhammer" weapon, and it doesn't matter what the model has on.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
which you already have with some 3rd ed units, like Blood Knights having no difference between lance and sword. But it does indicate that these special "1 in 5 may have" kinds of weapons will be sticking around as distinct profiles. Not that there's many of them though. Ossiarch troops have them, stormcast, I think some chaos units?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They also may not be showing the full liberator weapons list there.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

that answers that

edit: the profile we see already includes the 3+ save they would normally get for the shields too

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

it would be very weird if they had weapon options that weren’t on the datasheet, seems to defeat the purpose. What you get is what you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

A pity they're to be dumping Liberators with sword and shield. Unless they're now named something different in another kit down the line.