Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

I think the last update of that mod removed the option to reset skills. But using it to add 10k and do it the normal way would be fine.

Edit: response to this

explosivo posted:

Is CJB Cheats Menu the easiest way for a friend to change their chosen skill without having to pay the $10k in game to do it?

Also whoever suggested the witches hat on the cat, thank you. It's adorable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Man, I'm bouncing off Ginger Island so hard, there's something that just really doesn't gel with me.

I think it's the forced walnut grinding or adventure game vibes, but I hate it and don't want to engage with it. Luckily, there's plenty of other things to do in the game, so don't really need to visit it again.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If you just want to unlock all the endgame stuff from Ginger Island without having to do the walnut grind there's a parrot to the left of the volcano entrance that will collect all outstanding walnuts for you at the cost of $30K per. If you spend a day or two grabbing all the obvious out in the open ones, it'll cost somewhere in the realm of $700Kish.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Radiation Cow posted:

Man, I'm bouncing off Ginger Island so hard, there's something that just really doesn't gel with me.

I think it's the forced walnut grinding or adventure game vibes, but I hate it and don't want to engage with it. Luckily, there's plenty of other things to do in the game, so don't really need to visit it again.

Try and get through the ten floors of the volcano to unlock the forge at the top. You can enchant your weapons and tools with prismatic shards to be more powerful and useful. You can also combine rings so you can run around with the power of four rings in the two ring slots.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Sydin posted:

If you just want to unlock all the endgame stuff from Ginger Island without having to do the walnut grind there's a parrot to the left of the volcano entrance that will collect all outstanding walnuts for you at the cost of $30K per. If you spend a day or two grabbing all the obvious out in the open ones, it'll cost somewhere in the realm of $700Kish.

Oh my god, thank you so much for this.

Cartoon Man posted:

Try and get through the ten floors of the volcano to unlock the forge at the top. You can enchant your weapons and tools with prismatic shards to be more powerful and useful. You can also combine rings so you can run around with the power of four rings in the two ring slots.

Oh, I managed to slog through the volcano once, upgraded my Galaxy Sword once and forgot about it. I did also get a small forge from Gramps, though I see that needs dragon teeth or bones or something?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Finally got around to installing smapi, a couple of mods and starting a new playthrough on the meadow farm. Gotta rename my chickens because the default names were Beans and Toast. Absolutely terrible names.

I... just noticed that there is smoke coming out of the chimney of the house. So I went back inside and turned off the fireplace. There was no smoke when I came back out. How long has that been in the game? :v:

Radiation Cow posted:

:same:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I don't really like Ginger Island either, I think it's the separate farming areas/stuff being away from the main town. I bounced of Sun Haven too once I got to the second town + farm(there's even a third town + farm)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Poil posted:

Gotta rename my chickens because the default names were Beans and Toast. Absolutely terrible names.

You take that back right now :colbert:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Honestly, the Ginger Island farm is pretty redundant. Once you're at the point where you've opened all that up, you probably already have your Greenhouse + kegs generating lots of income for you.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I don’t like ginger island because it’s either empty or steals villagers from my main town when I need them.

I would like it better as maybe something like the monster villages in Dragon Quest where you do quests and a village slowly starts to form. That would be hard to make work with villagers requiring as mich work as stardew though

It could maybe be monsters like the dragon quest one though since we already have Krobus

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 5, 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I think days are just too short and travel is too slow in the game to justify having a whole separate farm area you also have to juggle. Yeah you can eventually get the obelisks for both the island and your farm that let you jump back and forth somewhat quickly but it still feels really clunky if you're going there with any regularity. Even the Qi cave is a pain in the rear end to have to trek to once a week for the challenges.

I just ended up planting a bunch of extra ancient fruit there and timing the harvest so I can pop over once a week to collect everything.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If I had one (somewhat mild) criticism of CA, it's that the later game has devolved into fetch quests/grind because I get the sense that he has struggled to figure out what to add to keep Stardew interesting. Not that he hasn't added a lot of great content to the game, but having to collect walnuts and do all the Ginger Island stuff kinda sucks after you've already done the Caves and Skull Cavern. Just my opinion.

But I do like the Forge, which adds a new layer to questing equipment.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It was a complete game before that stuff was added to be fair. I get where you’re coming from but ultimately it’s a ton of new free stuff to do, or ignore if you aren’t into it. I still haven’t finished half of the 1.5 content it feels like.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I enjoy Ginger Island, except for the Simon puzzle, which I am Very Bad At, so I'm very happy I can just pay money to skip it now.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Haha, not sure I've been this lucky before, got a loving Iridium Band and Emerald Ring out a fishing treasure chest on Spring 23. Literally my first light source ring I found in the game.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 5, 2024

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've never done anything with the Ginger Island farm other than throwing down a bunch of sprinklers and whatever seeds I happen to have in surplus, and eventually just a bunch of squares of repeat crops and beehives. Then I just harvest whatever's ripe when I happen to drop by. I can't imagine keeping track of it, let alone doing anything there that requires a daily visit.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Kinda underwhelmed with the gold fishing chests. Got one that only had a nautilus fossil. Next cast get a regular chest. With the same fossil but also two rubies...whomp whomp

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Both the chests and the mystery boxes hit a point where they're never really going to be giving you something that great, even with the mastery versions.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I plan on having my greenhouse be a bunch of blueberries for dehydrating and using ginger island for a massive ancient fruit and coffee plantation. The beach will be littered with kegs

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Leal posted:

I plan on having my greenhouse be a bunch of blueberries for dehydrating and using ginger island for a massive ancient fruit and coffee plantation. The beach will be littered with kegs

That's similar to what I've ended up doing on several runs. If you fill the island farm with ancient fruit the greenhouse is pretty redundant unless you're running an absolutely stupid amount of kegs, so I'll use it to grow a variety of crops that look interesting and/or are useful. I usually rush the obelisk as soon as possible, but if you don't do that then using the island as an ancient fruit plantation means you only need to visit once a week.

Gully Foyle posted:

Haha, not sure I've been this lucky before, got a loving Iridium Band and Emerald Ring out a fishing treasure chest on Spring 23. Literally my first light source ring I found in the game.

Are iridium bands as a random drop a new thing? I don't remember ever seeing them prior to 1.6 but now I've gotten three or four.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wingnut Ninja posted:

That's similar to what I've ended up doing on several runs. If you fill the island farm with ancient fruit the greenhouse is pretty redundant unless you're running an absolutely stupid amount of kegs, so I'll use it to grow a variety of crops that look interesting and/or are useful. I usually rush the obelisk as soon as possible, but if you don't do that then using the island as an ancient fruit plantation means you only need to visit once a week.

Are iridium bands as a random drop a new thing? I don't remember ever seeing them prior to 1.6 but now I've gotten three or four.

I’ve seen them in skull cavern chests prior to 1.6.

I think.

They may have also dropped from enemies in the “hard mode” mines that you get with the walnut room quest.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else met Fizz yet?

I loaded up my old year seven save, the first farm I ever started, where i hadn't gotten perfection. I soon got a shady offer from Mr.Fizz from Joja Special Services. I'm wondering if it's legit or a trap. But that's all new.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I think fairy flowers and beehives is a better use of Ginger Island than a giant ancient fruit farm.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Honestly, the Ginger Island farm is pretty redundant. Once you're at the point where you've opened all that up, you probably already have your Greenhouse + kegs generating lots of income for you.

Yeah, it's why I just use it to make fairy rose honey. No fussing around with planting, just bop over every 4 days to collect a pile of free money, then gently caress off back to town to get on with other business.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

My last farm I had giant rows of barrels on the island beach making ancient fruit wine because I didn't want to go into several different sheds every day and it did save time even if it only lessened the grind by a bit

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Filox posted:

Anyone else met Fizz yet?

I loaded up my old year seven save, the first farm I ever started, where i hadn't gotten perfection. I soon got a shady offer from Mr.Fizz from Joja Special Services. I'm wondering if it's legit or a trap. But that's all new.

It's legit. I mean technically you are obtaining a forged document but there's no penalty or trick or hidden drawback.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TurnipFritter posted:

It's legit. I mean technically you are obtaining a forged document but there's no penalty or trick or hidden drawback.

Thanks. Though I'll skip it, I think. But it'd be funny if Qi busted you for fraud.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hey, gently caress off, Narc.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/21891

So was it here someone wanted to make the fairy Navi? because someone did that

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I took the opportunity to make the island farm the total opposite of my main farm. The original one is pure efficiency, massive blocks of high value crops and sheds full of processing. Churns out upwards of a million per season even without ancient fruit wine popping out of the casks. Ginger Island I just plotted out a symmetrical pattern with every recurring crop and made it as pretty as possible, and I never actually harvest any of it, just enjoy looking at it when I go by the Qi cave or something.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Halfway through Spring Year 2 and I still haven't found an Ancient Seed.

Akratic Method posted:

I took the opportunity to make the island farm the total opposite of my main farm. The original one is pure efficiency, massive blocks of high value crops and sheds full of processing. Churns out upwards of a million per season even without ancient fruit wine popping out of the casks. Ginger Island I just plotted out a symmetrical pattern with every recurring crop and made it as pretty as possible, and I never actually harvest any of it, just enjoy looking at it when I go by the Qi cave or something.

I like this idea, I'm gonna give it a try!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
My pet Tegu just gave me a bone artifact

When the Junimos repaired the greenhouse a possum popped out of the ruins and scurried away
I also saw one late at night when passing by the bus stop in autumn

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My plan for Ginger Island is a beautiful flower garden with benches and whatnot.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

GotLag posted:

When the Junimos repaired the greenhouse a possum popped out of the ruins and scurried away

I saw a possum too! I love them so much, horrid gremlin animals :3:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That’s a raccoon that leaves the greenhouse after it’s fixed. That event leads to a strong wind storm. And then you help build a new home for the displaced raccoon so he can start a new family. :3:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Cartoon Man posted:

That’s a raccoon that leaves the greenhouse after it’s fixed. That event leads to a strong wind storm. And then you help build a new home for the displaced raccoon so he can start a new family. :3:

Ah, I was wondering why the wind storm event is tied to greenhouse completion

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Radiation Cow posted:

There's now also a parrot you can pay to just find all remaining walnuts for you eventually, up and next to the volcano dungeon.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GotLag posted:

EXCUSE ME? TEGU?!

Aww it replaces dogs? I don't want to outright replace dogs, but I would like a lizard buddy. Tegus are the best!

Oh I guess while I'm here, trip report on project: get mods working on my Deck! Result: SUCCESS!

I did not end up doing the syncing the mod folder thing from my PC. I would like to be able to play Stardew when I'm not at home. Unless there's a way to sync the folders and still have it work when you're not near your PC?

Most of the mods were fairly straightforward to get going, but SVE was a bear and a half and I am not pleased. I got it working, no thanks to the instructions on the SVE Github!

All it says there is "download the folder, unzip it, copy it to your mods folder."

What they DON'T tell you is there are sub folders in there, like [CP] Stardew Valley Expanded and [FTM] Stardew Valley Epanded, which you have to take out and paste into the mod folder individually.

I also had some leftover SVE folers, probably from older versions of the mod. I had to go through and nuke anything that said Stardew Valley Expanded or SVE from my Deck and put fresh versions in there.

AND THEN IT WORKED!

CBJ Cheats and CBJ Item Spawner still don't work, but all the other mods work. I am calling this one a success! Go me!

And gently caress all you nerds that leave steps out of instructions! I hate you.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Silver Falcon posted:

And gently caress all you nerds that leave steps out of instructions! I hate you.

Related to this, people who include an instruction readme file that says "visit this web page for instructions on how to install this mod", or worse yet, "visit our website for instructions on how to install" needs to be disciplined harshly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Congrats on getting that sorted, Falcon!

My least favourite thing along those lines is someone posting a technical issue and then posting 'never mind, fixed it' with no further details. Thanks a lot.