Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Burns posted:

So apparently some goonie fuckin Russians got exploded when someone pressed a doorbell attached to a tree, in a forest.

https://boingboing.net/2024/04/04/if-you-see-a-doorbell-in-the-forest-dont-push-it.html

Is this fuckin real, I can't tell?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

boingboing.net posted:

Speaker 3
Well, can you imagine and think of a bitch in the forest to come up and poke him?

Speaker 2
I would poke it. Honestly, I would have poked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CNLKBzLQGY&t=20s

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I would play the sound of a drone doing zoomies from that drone.

After an hour it does it for real.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1776310827252887862

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

This is just "Russian infrastructure project", not something that Ukrainians did I hope?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Der Kyhe posted:

This is just "Russian infrastructure project", not something that Ukrainians did I hope?

Ukraine didn't do this, if that's what you're asking. This is just glorious Russian infrastructure being what it is.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Burns posted:

So apparently some goonie fuckin Russians got exploded when someone pressed a doorbell attached to a tree, in a forest.

They though the tree gave access to Narnai.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm sure a copy of the Sims 3 will soon be found blocking the emergency overspill

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

zone posted:

Ukraine didn't do this, if that's what you're asking. This is just glorious Russian infrastructure being what it is.

Not so fast there on that conclusion Bub, they have yet to state that absolutely no Maxis software was found at the scene.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The FSB tortured the dam and it confessed that Zelenskyy paid it 5,000,000UAH to collapse

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just read about the doorbell thing and genuinely needed a good ten minutes before I stopped laughing. loving exceptional.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This can’t be real lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Just read about the doorbell thing and genuinely needed a good ten minutes before I stopped laughing. loving exceptional.
The only way it could have been better would have been if there was a sign on the tree saying "DO NOT PRESS".

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

FMguru posted:

The only way it could have been better would have been if there was a sign on the tree saying "DO NOT PRESS".

Terry Pratchett posted:

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

It's how I'd die too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would have died. I won't pretend otherwise.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FMguru posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5kwIFYxfk

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

got a real laugh out of me well done :cheers:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

FMguru posted:

No matter the country, marines should not be subjected to this :sigh:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

And that's why you don't use carbon tipped control rods.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

NES version of this screen/music is one of the best game over screens ever.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1776480342888591789

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
press butan, receive ban

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Spicy smoking accident In Хабаровск

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Spicy smoking accident In Хабаровск

Poor drone having to schlep itself across the entire continent at 100km/h.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1776362858000871571
Sheer desperation.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Huge attacks over past weeks at Terny and they have been completely destroyed with around 80 armored vehicles lost and many meatwaves decimated.

I think russia is crippled, destroyed and incapable of waging war but just like all the tankies and cynical analysts, they buy into the copium that "we can recruit more, we still have tanks in storage, so so we are still at peak strength and ukraine will run out of shells any day now."

I predict we will see more older and rapidly slapped together garbage from "russias nato ending storage of 10+k mint condition modern tanks" over the voming summer offensives. Probably by the end of summer they have another 300k casualties and maybe a village to show for it and then they are out of mothballed vehicles. We might start to see more chinese and north korean vehicles showing up even.

With how russian economy is as lots of companies are bankrupting and their main export is badly suffering from premature consumption, life in russia might get miserable enough for them to pack up and leave once quality of life is destroyed in the only cities whose inhabitants matter to russia. Seems like holding the ground is a functional plan as attacking in Ukraines current position without having clear superiority in air or artillery seems too dangerous. I have sincere doubts Russia would pack up and leave once they are pushed beyond their border. What reason they have to admit defeat? I see no reason anyone in russia wants this war to end without some sort of victory. We are talking casualty rate nearing million plus functrionally millions more, mostly the least stupid and skilled people, gone from the country to avoid mobilization.

haddedam fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 6, 2024

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

What is even the point of firing one solitary Kalibr and just two Kh-101s

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Cause dad said you can't have new ones unless you used up the old ones.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

NTRabbit posted:

What is even the point of firing one solitary Kalibr and just two Kh-101s

Probably it was to destroy or damage the 3 things they'd most like to destroy or damage.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Did you ask Pooh Bear if he was OK with that first? :troll:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
A pipeline near the Azov port used to pump oil to tankers was blown up overnight, according to GUR

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1776568898826944755
:dukedog:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

Not so fast there on that conclusion Bub, they have yet to state that absolutely no Maxis software was found at the scene.

Maxis hasn't existed in a long time, much less made a game. You're free to blame EA yet again.

FMguru posted:

Not unlike the cave diving signs you find out in the wild:

Some Coast Guard/National Parks diving team has to specifically go out to these remote-rear end places and put these signs there and it does help, but it's not foolproof. :shrug:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Obligatory

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
fleetwood blyat

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Der Kyhe posted:

Finnish YLE reported 6 destroyed, 8 badly damaged planes with citations to AFP and Reuters. So basically 14 planes gone and replaced with a pile of bit banged spare parts.

it seems reports of damaged planes were overly optimistic - based on satellite imagery, No Major Damage Seen At Russian Air Base After Drone Attack

quote:

While there are real limits to the amount of information commercially available satellite images can provide, we see no major impacts on the installation. Another image taken later today shows aircraft taxiing and one landing on the runway. Regardless, we must underline that there still could be damage, including to aircraft. Shrapnel effects and other small damage, which can still be catastrophic to aircraft and equipment, simply do not show up in satellite imagery, although subsequent fires and destruction could. So, this does not mean no damage occurred or the attack was outright unsuccessful, but this is what we can see with the imagery available.

edit: another potential million of shells 'found' by Estonia

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 6, 2024

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mistle posted:

Maxis hasn't existed in a long time, much less made a game. You're free to blame EA yet again.

Not unlike the cave diving signs you find out in the wild:

Some Coast Guard/National Parks diving team has to specifically go out to these remote-rear end places and put these signs there and it does help, but it's not foolproof. :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dwesa posted:

it seems reports of damaged planes were overly optimistic - based on satellite imagery, No Major Damage Seen At Russian Air Base After Drone Attack

edit: another potential million of shells 'found' by Estonia

What is the funding block here? Are they saying that they have shells, but for sale rather than donation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Maybe small countries can't afford to throw munitions at the current thing