Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
"I'm really impressed that so many people in senior leadership positions at this company are women. Speaking of the company of women, that's something my wife enjoys."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

AITAH for not telling people at my new job that my wife is bi?

bi wife so what

At the office, in an extremely Borat voice: “Bi wife”.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

FMguru posted:

AITA for calling my(16m) sister(17f) a bully for not letting a my girlfriend(17f) join her math club

quote:

activités

in my head this is pronounced the way the cooking guy from final fantasy 15 pronounces "recipe"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh yeah, that guy.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I once went two years at a job without referring to my partner using gendered pronouns or a name because I didn't think it was any of their business - they were mostly nice enough people but I just didn't care enough or plan to be there long enough to discuss personal lives beyond basic "good weekend, thanks" poo poo and by the time that changed they all knew my boundaries anyway.

I wouldn't even have mentioned her existence if I hadn't had to take a personal call one time. I can't imagine any circumstance where I would bring up which type of pickle she likes to tickle.

I do get that partner wants to be sure he's definitely supportive of her sexuality and that he isn't hiding her away like it's something to be ashamed of, but if he's happy to tell family and friends then maybe pick your battles?

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica
My wife is also named Bi

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

if that was 8 average margaritas around here it would be impressive if the dude was still upright.

Not just eight margs - eight margs over dinner, which I’m assuming can’t be longer than 2-3 hours

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here's a cute one for the end of the week

AITAH for the way I responded to my daughter asking if I had a crush?

quote:

Okay so I am a single mom with a 14 year old daughter. We were at the mall last night and I ran into a friend I knew when I was younger (and may or may not have had a brief thing with) and he and I talked for a few minutes and walked away.

My daughter was smiling and asked if I had a crush on him and I said “what do you mean?” and she giggled and said “I saw you looking at his butt.” I guess I got embarrassed and became defensive and I told her not to speak to me like that and it isn’t appropriate for her to be saying things like that. I could see her expression kinda drop and she just looked down and went “sorry…”

AITAH for reacting this way? I kinda feel bad about it but I don’t know if it was wrong of me to respond that way.

quote:

I made a post earlier today about something that happened with my 14 year old daughter yesterday that has been on my mind.

I saw the comments which confirmed what I was thinkin that I was TAH so I got home and my daughter was home and I went up to her and asked if I could have a few minutes of her time, and I told her I was sorry I was so aggressive last night and I got embarrassed and didn’t respond well and hoped she could forgive me. She told me she forgave me and accepted my hug.

Then I told her “but for what it’s worth…I may or may not for a tenth of a second have accidentally glanced in the general direction his butt was in.” and then suddenly her face changed expression and she said “I KNEW IT!!” and excitedly started asking me if we had dated in the past and if I would try to form another connection with him soon.

Honestly, I was SO worried I had messed up to the point where I’d never get that back but I was given a second chance by whatever higher power there is and I’m so so happy. Love my daughter so much and I’m glad she knows she can talk to me about that :)
Good recovery, mom.

Artist's rendition of OP's daughter:

Secret final update buried in comments:

quote:

Commenter: Take a chance! Invite him out for coffee or something. At the very least it's a chance to chat with an old friend. At the most, you'll get to see that butt on the regular.

OOP: Sent him a Facebook message this morning. Nervous!!!

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Not just eight margs - eight margs over dinner, which I’m assuming can’t be longer than 2-3 hours

the 1 margarita song doesn't even go past #5

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah that's just loving weird. And I'm saying this as an enby bi/pan/whatever person. I'd absolutely assume the husband was hitting on me and looking for a threesome.

mystes
May 31, 2006

FMguru posted:

Here's a cute one for the end of the week

AITAH for the way I responded to my daughter asking if I had a crush?

Good recovery, mom.

Artist's rendition of OP's daughter:

Secret final update buried in comments:

That was posted three pages ago but it's a nice one

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mystes posted:

That was posted three pages ago but it's a nice one
Gah, I'll take my sixer.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Good lord, two margaritas and I'm stumbling out of there, by the time I hit four I'd be flat on my rear end.

Many pages back, but wasn't Cujo originally a wrestler or boxer or someone and that's who King's characters named the dog after? Not that anyone on earth would make that connection before thinking of the rabid murder dog.

A friend of mine just started a new job and they want her to send out an introductory email with a photo and her hobbies and poo poo. The thought of that is horrifying, since we know drat well people probably mock the hell out of all the new hires with that stupidity, so we've been having a good time coming up with her profile, like, "My hobbies are hoarding cats and poo poo-talking my coworkers." But maybe the OP with the bi wife could slip that into his meet-n-greet (if it's not too late after 4 weeks already), like, "I'm happily married to my bisexual wife Jezebel," or whatever. But in any other situation where it didn't just come up organically, I can't imagine that being absolutely TMI unwanted oversharing.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

The best way I can think of bi wife guy doing things is having a small pride flag in his work area and going 'oh it's for my wife' if anyone asks. Just bringing it up unprompted in an unrelated conversation is weird as hell.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
"Yeah, you know, I had a great weekend doing guy stuff. Just heteroing it up. Someone's gotta since I'm the straight one in my relationship."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FMguru posted:

Gah, I'll take my sixer.
Well you did add that she now has a coffee date, so that's something

mystes
May 31, 2006

PetraCore posted:

The best way I can think of bi wife guy doing things is having a small pride flag in his work area and going 'oh it's for my wife' if anyone asks. Just bringing it up unprompted in an unrelated conversation is weird as hell.
I guess if his wife is really determined that he should somehow convey this information to his coworkers, he could take a picture of her posing with a bi flag and have that at his desk or something

That's the least weird way that I can think of. It would probably still seem weirdly forced but at least it's not creepy.

mystes fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 5, 2024

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is Australia one of those countries where bar/restaurant liquor pours are regulated? A quick search suggests a “shot” is 30 ml in Australia, if they were having mixed drinks with those 8 would be equivalent to a bit over 5 1.5 oz standard US liquor pours. Also (at least from what I have seen) US bartenders err on the side of overserving rather than using jiggers so “8” drinks can easily be 12+ in reality, if that was 8 average margaritas around here it would be impressive if the dude was still upright.
Yeah it is - of course there will be exceptions for like, if you are a regular at the place and it's quiet. But the vast majority of places will use exact measurements of alcohol so as not to get fined (both the bartender and the bar) tens of thousands of dollars in the event that something bad happens.

bi wife so what
"Thanks all for attending my presentation, as you'll all see in the next 6 slides, my wife's sexuality over this fiscal year has varied from last year..."

Nobody at work would ever be told details about my own sexuality, let alone my GF's. I don't even tell my coworkers about any queer events/films/etc that we go to in case they ask why I (a cis-presenting dude) was excited to go see Drive Away Dolls and Love Lies Bleeding

Tendales posted:

I get the feeling the wife wants a big dramatic coming out experience, but doesn't have any actual friends to come out to.
I see a lot of (adults in their mid 20s-30s) baby bis on reddit asking how to come out to their parents, and I don't know why it matters that much to them - I guess people have massively varying levels of how much they share. I wouldn't even tell my parents if I got (a perfectly legal) medical weed prescription.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its still weird. The #1 thing I want to do at work is successfully complete my day while learning nothing about any of my coworkers.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

at my office everyone's on good terms and people talk about their lives a lot. my coworker told us at a staff meeting that his daughter was identifying as a man now and use his new name. its not really our business but I think it was for himself so when he's referring to his son people wouldn't be confused

mystes
May 31, 2006

Barudak posted:

Its still weird. The #1 thing I want to do at work is successfully complete my day while learning nothing about any of my coworkers.
The goon advice column:
Question: Dear Goons, is it weird to tell my coworkers my wife is bi? -- Uncertain Husband
Answer: Dear Uncertain Husband, it is very weird because you should never talk to your coworkers.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'm out to my coworkers because I had to put a stop to really lovely jokes when I first started. They're deep in redneck territory (we sell John Deere tractors) but have become tolerant of, and friendly toward, The Gays 🌈 because now they know one and it's not just some strange thing they heard on the internet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Good morning Debbie. How are Angelo and the kids? Anyway, before you ask, my polyps have prevented me from taking a decent poo poo since Labor Day.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mystes posted:

The goon advice column:
Question: Dear Goons, is it weird to tell my coworkers my wife is bi? -- Uncertain Husband
Answer: Dear Uncertain Husband, it is very weird because you should never talk to your coworkers.

I'm always weirded out when folks on here are so vehemently against work friends, some of the best friends I've made have been at work. Sure, it's nice to have alone time sometimes, and forced social functions often suck, but working alongside people who are genuinely nice enough to become friends with just seems like a positive thing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Work is a prison and I trust my fellow inmates only a little more than I do the wardens, which is not at all.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for expecting more from my mother?

quote:

Posted on another sub Reddit but it was removed soon after. I am looking for more opinions.

At the time all this happened me and my girlfriend had been together short of a year. She'd met my father and stepmother, brother but had not yet met my mother. She works out of state a lot. She should move out of state but because me and my brother live here, her home base is here. We are adults in our mid to late 20s, not children, so she doesn't need to be here to raise us.

Last year she came home earlier than expected. She usually comes home every couple of months for a couple of weeks. She called me and my brother to tell us she was in town early and wanted to meet for lunch. I was the only one available to meet at that time. I met her at the restaurant, we ordered our food and were catching up. It was all going good. Then we heard a scream. We both looked up to see a deranged woman running across the restaurant at us. It took a moment to register that it was my girlfriend.

She launched herself at my mother who had stood up from the table at that point. It all happened kind of fast, I'm not quite sure of the sequence of events. My girlfriend did end up thrown into the next table, she did attack my mother repeatedly, my mother had gouge marks down her cheek, and she did hit my girlfriend so hard she got a concussion. They were both taken to the hospital to treat their injuries and my girlfriend was later arrested for assault.

I know she went psycho but she didn't know who my mother was. They had never met before. My mother thinks this explanation makes everything worse. After trying to talk her out of pressing charges I went to my father to talk to her. He said no. I tried to get my brother to make our mother see sense. That didn't end well. I went to my mother again, she seemed really hurt I sided with my girlfriend. I don't know why no one understands. In the end she did drop the charges but told me as long as I choose to stick my dick in crazy, then I choose not to be in her life.

It's been about 7 months since I've seen or spoken to her. My relationships with my brother and father have changed and even my stepmother refuses to get involved. My girlfriend is no longer welcome in their home as my brother has made it clear that if she's there, he's not. He also refuses to meet me if she's going to be there.

My girlfriend tried reaching out to my father and brother but they both say she's trying to make amends with the wrong person. She's afraid of my mother. My mother really hurt her both physically and mentally. I’ve tried contacting my mother to see if things can be put to rights but she's not taking my calls. I want to marry my girlfriend and I want my mother there but it doesn't look as though she's wanting to put this whole thing behind us to move on.

My GF attacked my mom, but when you think about it, it’s really my mom’s fault for being a woman near me so she should apologize.

naem
May 29, 2011

my current coworkers seem like not-assholes

which means it is probably I that am the rear end in a top hat

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Imagine working with the wife.

“Oh, hey Claire, this is our new hire Melissa.”
“Hi Melissa, nice to meet you. I’m bi! My husband is straight as the day is long.”
“…OK Melissa, let me show you where HR sits next.”

So he gradually changes orientation over the course of each year?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Good morning Debbie. How are Angelo and the kids? Anyway, before you ask, my polyps have prevented me from taking a decent poo poo since Labor Day.

I had someone tell me "Hey BigHead how's the coffee? You know that stuff is a diaretic right? Speaking of which, my anal cancer is getting better."

Bill was a weird dude.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

mystes posted:

I guess if his wife is really determined that he should somehow convey this information to his coworkers, he could take a picture of her posing with a bi flag and have that at his desk or something

That's the least weird way that I can think of. It would probably still seem weirdly forced but at least it's not creepy.
Just put up a bunch of photos of your wife with a bisexual lighting filter on all of them.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

bi wife so what

(Around the water cooler) You know who loooves to eat pussy?! (Both thumbs towards self) THIS GUY!!!! ...... and my wife does too.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hughlander posted:

My GF attacked my mom, but when you think about it, it’s really my mom’s fault for being a woman near me so she should apologize.

there is so much missing from this story lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hughlander posted:

lmao

quote:

My mother thinks this explanation makes everything worse
wow, you think?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If I remember my stereotypes just talk about how your wife is always cuffing her jeans.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hughlander posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the girlfriend and the dude? Holy poo poo.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Larry Cum Free posted:

"I'm really impressed that so many people in senior leadership positions at this company are women. Speaking of the company of women, that's something my wife enjoys."

“Anyone know the guest wife-bi password?”

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica
My wife drives a Subaru hatchback, what car does your wife drive, Bob?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hughlander posted:

This one is impressive because he's somehow managed to write this in a way where the tone of the post tries to imply that the mother is the crazy one, but never once writing a single word actually describing his mom behaving badly. I'm tired and sick and I had to read it twice because my brain went "yeah the mother sucks... wait, what??"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Biplane posted:

This one is impressive because he's somehow managed to write this in a way where the tone of the post tries to imply that the mother is the crazy one, but never once writing a single word actually describing his mom behaving badly. I'm tired and sick and I had to read it twice because my brain went "yeah the mother sucks... wait, what??"
It was a real roller coaster ride. Initially i was confused because I thought that surely the girlfriend must not be literally attacking the mother, he must be describing her running over and trying to hug her or something even though that would also be insane, right? But, no.

mystes fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Look, they both made mistakes, his girlfriend committed some friendly assault and battery, and his mother had the audacity to aggressively, and without a shred of remorse, not get murdered. Surely they can make up. You know as long as his mother is willing to apologize first.