Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

99% of everyone ever involved with professional wrestling is a chud. The 1% who isn't/aren't are terrible people in other ways.

Don't forget that a bunch of wrestlers thought libertarian CHUD Kane/Glenn Jacobs was smart just because he read a book backstage. IIRC, it was Atlas Shrugged or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE TRUMP

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Catastrophe posted:

I'll never be able to mentally resolve the dissonance displayed by people who will bankrupt their lives by giving all of their money to Trump while they also acknowledge it's because they feel a need to fund the rich man through his many felony convictions because they think he's "the good guy"

Like what the gently caress? What in the gently caress?

pulling up the ladder behind you but the area you've isolated to is on fire.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

smoobles posted:

LOL

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Catastrophe posted:

I'll never be able to mentally resolve the dissonance displayed by people who will bankrupt their lives by giving all of their money to Trump while they also acknowledge it's because they feel a need to fund the rich man through his many felony convictions because they think he's "the good guy"

Like what the gently caress? What in the gently caress?
They’re marks, OP

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So people are freaking out over a new WSJ poll showing Trump leading Biden in most battleground states. I don't get why - it looks like there's a pretty big margin of error here
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1775356268485480933

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's the status of Nate Silver's hairline? that's the main indicator for me.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1776361513332174928

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Willo567 posted:

So people are freaking out over a new WSJ poll showing Trump leading Biden in most battleground states. I don't get why - it looks like there's a pretty big margin of error here
You should know from freaking out irrationally

Polls are loose indicators at this point and there’s been some good ones for Biden lately too

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Taeke posted:

Also most of the characters were just not-Marvel versions of established and popular Marvel characters.

I don't know and I don't care if actually in the comics those characters existed before the Marvel ones or whatever, they made a superhero movie where the notable superheroes were basically the same as Ant-Man, Falcon and Dr. Strange combined with Iron Man when the MCU exists and is the biggest movie franchise to date. They should've gone with more unique/unknown superheroes and powers to keep things fresh. If they had done that I think the public would've minded the bad pacing and poo poo a lot less, because it did have its moments.

Those characters were linked in a couple JSA story arcs. Black Adam's origin was retconned to link to Hawkman, who is somewhat linked to Dr Fate (or very linked, did not see the movie, so I don't know which Fate they used). Cyclone and Atom Smasher only appeared in JSA and are not major characters.

I guess anything sucks if you don't know a drat thing about it and only look at it in comparison to something else you apparently wish it was.

It's kind of silly to call characters established in 1940 versions of characters established in the 60s.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

smoobles posted:

what's the status of Nate Silver's hairline? that's the main indicator for me.

Increasingly isolated

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Willo567 posted:

Biden’s not doing better in Wisconsin than PA and MI. Polls are stupid.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

smoobles posted:

4 eclipse Trump is the new 3 wolf moon

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

99% of everyone ever involved with professional wrestling is a chud. The 1% who isn't/aren't are terrible people in other ways.

Kevin Nash and Mick Foley are the only exceptions I can think of.

I was disappointed that Chris Jericho is apparently somewhat chudly :sigh:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

What's the probability that the error is always in Trump's favor and always by enough to flip the state?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I like The Rock.

its a great movie.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

priznat posted:

Jericho's wife was apparently at January 6th.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mobby_6kl posted:

What's the probability that the error is always in Trump's favor and always by enough to flip the state?

100%

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the rock is just bitter that he's a children's character rather than a real person.
"maybe if i act more adult they'll respect me!" he says yelling at some street punks to pull up their pants before going to film another bang zoom movie!

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

priznat posted:

He's a rich white guy from Winnipeg, there was zero chance of him not being at least somewhat of an rear end in a top hat.

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

Is hulk hogan a chud? If he is that just makes the story of Andre the Giant literally taking a crap on hogan in the ring so much funnier!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hulk hogan is a scumbag of the highest order. he transcends normal chuddom.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MadcapLaughs posted:

Is hulk hogan a chud? If he is that just makes the story of Andre the Giant literally taking a crap on hogan in the ring so much funnier!

He pals around with Peter Thiel, so

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
loving doomers need some time off the Internet. :wtc:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

steinrokkan posted:

Who exactly in his milieu could have instilled Barron with decent human values? Certainly nobody in his family, certainly nobody at the low class bordello that is Mar-A-Lago, and certainly no family acquaintances.

His one living maternal grandparent.

An immigrant who raised a daughter who, through only the use of her natural "charms" managed to become both rich and famous and never has to work again in her life, nor her son's lifetime.

It's a stretch, surely. And many holes can be poked in it. But given that young Barron spent more time with his grandparents than with his dad, (He picked up their Slavic accent), one can hope.

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

Well I'm glad Andre poo poo on hogan then! There is a documentary put out some years ago about the giant. It was kinda sad but he seemed to be an OK guy.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

If it's due to systematic errors when the population who answers these surveys doesn't accurately represent the population who votes? Pretty high chance.

Some of the previous polls had crazy results, like 30-40 point swings among Black, Hispanic, and young voters since 2020. Maybe that's true, but it's so unprecedented that I have trouble believing it isn't just errors.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

I like The Rock.

its a great movie.

Whatever you say, Stanley

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Baron, child of 2 huge pieces of poo poo, will probably be worse than both of them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

mobby_6kl posted:

Outside of North Carolina, Biden won each of those states. Seems a little suspicious that now Trump is tied or ahead in all of them now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Any poll that shows trunk ahead in any swing state is full of poo poo and fundamentally broken

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

kazil posted:

Outside of North Carolina, Biden won each of those states. Seems a little suspicious that now Trump is tied or ahead in all of them now.

Do pollsters profit from polls being close?
:shrug:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
horse race news is saying the job numbers are good and some other econ numbers are good.

they said they those numbers were bad before, gently caress the news.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We back on conspiracy talk baby

Maybe it’s the Russians? They run our elections anyway what’s one more

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

It would be very funny if biden outraised him on whatever fundraising night he does

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

kuarduck posted:

No they're just incompetent

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gorgar posted:

Those characters were linked in a couple JSA story arcs. Black Adam's origin was retconned to link to Hawkman, who is somewhat linked to Dr Fate (or very linked, did not see the movie, so I don't know which Fate they used). Cyclone and Atom Smasher only appeared in JSA and are not major characters.

I guess anything sucks if you don't know a drat thing about it and only look at it in comparison to something else you apparently wish it was.

It's kind of silly to call characters established in 1940 versions of characters established in the 60s.

lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kuarduck posted:

I don't think they are skewing it on purpose, I think there is something fundamentally wrong with polling Trump.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1776377008315940952

quote:

“If Trumpism is a cult, it’s the worst cult in history. Because people come and go as they please. Everything is wholly transparent, there’s – nothing is secretive about it, and people seem to be having a good time. They don’t seem terrified of reprisals.

“If this is a cult, then so is Oktoberfest. I mean, Trump, I think what you can say about Trump-ism, if it’s an ‘ism,’ it’s more like your favorite team, where you root for your guy, and you root against the other guy, but you still can hang out with the other guy’s fans. It’s not a big deal.

“But they can’t, but the other team can’t do it. Trump, people who are pro-Trump have no problems pulling over and help you change a tire. They don’t care if you got a Biden bumper sticker on your car. They’ll do it. It’s not a two-way street.” –

What is a cult?

Absolute authoritarianism without accountability
Zero tolerance for criticism or questions
Lack of meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget
Unreasonable fears about the outside world that often involve evil conspiracies and persecutions
A belief that former followers are always wrong for leaving and there is never a legitimate reason for anyone else to leave
Abuse of members
Records, books, articles, or programs documenting the abuses of the leader or group
Followers feeling they are never able to be “good enough”
A belief that the leader is right at all times
A belief that the leader is the exclusive means of knowing “truth” or giving validation

Yup Trumpism is not a cult

Also lol that final point being Trump created Truth

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
polls used to have a 10% response rate ten years ago, now its more like 0.1% or 0.03%. it was 1.5% even five years ago. given every single respondent is basically an encounter with the lizardmen constant, you only get nutjob shutins