Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Brain Curry posted:

home is where you’re loved and valued, not necessarily where your parents are

sorry that my heart is such cramped quarters folks but everyone has a home there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Squizzle posted:

sorry that my heart is such cramped quarters folks but everyone has a home there

The loving heart is infinite, Squizzle, and as such is yours

Apr 5, 2024
the hallmark store employee that is willing to fight, go to jail over, the Men's (lack thereof) section

definite UFO

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is cult classic blockbuster movie The Mummy starring Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz returning to theaters April 26th disclosure? (yes)

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/the-mummy-returns-to-movie-theaters-for-its-25th-anniversary

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lot going on the past couple pages, so I'll just say I hope things get better for everyone.

Good birds as always.

The mummies are real and my friends.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm slogging through an acedemicish book about Manichaeism and I don't think I'm gonna make it.

040524_2
Apr 5, 2024

𝙴𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚁 𝙴𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚁 𝙴𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚁

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Is cult classic blockbuster movie The Mummy starring Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz returning to theaters April 26th disclosure? (yes)

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/the-mummy-returns-to-movie-theaters-for-its-25th-anniversary

there's no such thing as coincidence...

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rachel Weiszussy...

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Lot going on the past couple pages, so I'll just say I hope things get better for everyone.

Good birds as always.

The mummies are real and my friends.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

isnt the mummy that movie that turned 99% of millennials into poorly adjusted bisexuals

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

No I'm pretty sure that was Bicentennial Man

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Two important philosophical questions have come up in this thread recently:

- can I post my own personally identifying information?; and
- can I post my resume here (instead of, say, BFC) and ask for advice/critique, even for positions that do not involve UFO hunting, alien abduction and/or any other paranormal pursuits?

The answer to both is yes, technically you can as neither is against the rules... but should you? I don't recommend either.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

probably a good thing to remember is that it's not just the people posting in this thread who are gonna see stuff with your name on it. it's visible to anyone even without an account

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

blatman posted:

isnt the mummy that movie that turned 99% of millennials into poorly adjusted bisexuals

pick your type

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Two important philosophical questions have come up in this thread recently:

- can I post my own personally identifying information?; and
- can I post my resume here (instead of, say, BFC) and ask for advice/critique, even for positions that do not involve UFO hunting, alien abduction and/or any other paranormal pursuits?

The answer to both is yes, technically you can as neither is against the rules... but should you? I don't recommend either.

well actually posting my resume is against the rules because u cant post the goatman anymore

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I wonder if anyone has inserted ascii goatse into their resume in white text to match the presumed color of printed paper for some cheeky fun, only to have a business print the damned thing out on colored paper for a gaping surprise.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Demilich posted:

I wonder if anyone has inserted ascii goatse into their resume in white text to match the presumed color of printed paper for some cheeky fun, only to have a business print the damned thing out on colored paper for a gaping surprise.

i didnt do that but i did put it as my profile photo on msn messenger and then forget it was there for several years until one of my friends went and looked at it and had vigorous questions

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Clearly an evolutionary advantage against the pear of anguish.

Carp
May 29, 2002

Lets try again. Is this adequate for the position I'm trying to secure? Can we somehow borrow from the inevitable complexity fold to juice up the chances some?

Carp has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Apr 6, 2024

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
tl;dr: career objective is to serve

yawn

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
btw you should look at the interview thread in yospos and ask there honestly. i get what you want (i don’t care if you pair in this thread ofc but i don’t think you’ll necessarily get what you want from this one)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

aw frig aw dang it posted:

probably a good thing to remember is that it's not just the people posting in this thread who are gonna see stuff with your name on it. it's visible to anyone even without an account

Why is cspam of all places visible without an account?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Why is cspam of all places visible without an account?

jeff is proud of us and wants to show our posts to the world :blessed:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

mediaphage posted:

btw you should look at the interview thread in yospos and ask there honestly. i get what you want (i don’t care if you pair in this thread ofc but i don’t think you’ll necessarily get what you want from this one)

Yea I'm happy to lend moral and spiritual support but I'm not sure this thread in particular is gonna be the useful or appropriate place to have this chat

I mean this with all love and care

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Carp posted:

Lets try again. Is this adequate for the position I'm trying to secure? Can we somehow borrow from the inevitable complexity fold to juice up the chances some?

friendo, this is not the efficacious approach to fulfill these needs. the immediate gut reäction to having a fellow posters life details posted so openly, is worry and concern. this is so much personal detail that the worry becomes insuperable, and we are not able to get into the right mental place to offer the feedback you need. plz accept my apology on behalf of the general thread community, that we arent able to create w/in here a useful space for what you need in this matter. equally, plz let me request that you not place us in a position to need to apologize for this again

Carp
May 29, 2002

Why this thread? I do not value the advice of ambitious people and see little value in playing the middle for advantage. It feels like all of humanity is mucked up with greed and personal satisfaction. So I come here.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

did you post your facebook and linkedin in the ufo thread lmfao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Carp posted:

I read a lot of resumes and this has 2-3x as many details as it should

Carp
May 29, 2002

Squizzle posted:

friendo, this is not the efficacious approach to fulfill these needs. the immediate gut reäction to having a fellow posters life details posted so openly, is worry and concern. this is so much personal detail that the worry becomes insuperable, and we are not able to get into the right mental place to offer the feedback you need. plz accept my apology on behalf of the general thread community, that we arent able to create w/in here a useful space for what you need in this matter. equally, plz let me request that you not place us in a position to need to apologize for this again

We are all the same thing, but with different perspective. I can not hope to collect enough perspectives on my own. And even if I could, there really isn't a way to shift between them fast enough for it to be of any use

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

no more mummies? no, more mummies!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I read a lot of resumes and this has 2-3x as many details as it should

yeah no one's gonna care about lead artist 25 years ago or jquery or any of the random grabbag of skills and achievements tbh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Carp posted:

Why this thread? I do not value the advice of ambitious people and see little value in playing the middle for advantage. It feels like all of humanity is mucked up with greed and personal satisfaction. So I come here.

your post earlier was explicitly about being ambitious. i get your pov but dude you should listen to exp tech workers for advice on getting a tech job that would be a big upgrade (and your resume is part of that natch). this thread is vibes and that’s fine (and again feel free to post i don’t care) i just don’t think you’re gonna get the help you want

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

are the aliems here yet

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wheres my hardcore xenography

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

are the aliems here yet

yes, and they're consummate problem solvers so watch tf out

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

probably a different venue is best for this but i will say that if you're aiming for a position in a company that isn't way behind the times, putting jquery experience on your resume is probably more of a red flag than anything. there is an assumption, fair or not, that people who still mention their jquery skills are unreasonably attached to doing webdev with it and won't be able to adapt to modern frameworks very well. also writing your resume as if javascript, ecmascript, and jscript are different things is probably a bad idea because that's a distinction that hasn't really existed in a long time.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

hello is this the ufo thread

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the adult swim background probably won't do you any favors either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

what makes earth so interesting to rad aliens? our skateboard videos?