Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Defy: You Can't Deny It 4/4
HM: CCK[Chris brooks/Lykos] vs Moonlight Express [Speedball/Mao]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
DEFY You Can't Deny It 4/4

HM: Chris Brookes & Kid Lykos vs. MAO & Mike Bailey
HM: Cody Chhun, Guillermo Rosas & KC Navarro vs. Evan Rivers, Judas Icarus & Travis Williams vs. Ho Ho Lun, Kzy, & Shun Skywalker (would have been better if the Dragongate guys bothered to show up

WMOTYC: BMF Battle Royal

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYC: Chris Bey vs. Frankie Kazarian, TNA Impact 4/4

EASILY the best match in TNA since Alexander/Ospreay II.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC: Billy Gunn vs. Jay White - AEW Dynamite 4/3
WMOTYC: Sami Callihan vs. Paul Walter Hauser - Wrestlecon Mark Hitchcock Memorial Show 4/4
WMOTYC: IWTV World Title: Krule (c) vs. Warhorse - ACTION presents DEAN~!!! 4/4

Bloodsport X was good but i dont know if anything was a match of the year on it.

HM: Fuminori Abe vs Takuya Nomura - GCW Josh Barnett's Bloodsport X - 4/4
HM: Charlie Dempsey vs. Matt Makowski - GCW Josh Barnett's Bloodsport X - 4/4

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 5, 2024

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Doctor Cerebro vs. Gringo Loco - ACTION presents DEAN~!!! 4/4
HM: Daniel Makabe vs. Timothy Thatcher - ACTION presents DEAN~!!! 4/4

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
30th March
All Japan Dream Power Series Night 5
Fuminori Abe, Kaz Hayashi & Seiki Yoshioka vs Naruki Doi, Ryo Inoue & Seigo Tachibana
Watch this here

Really good fun opening junior multiman

HM
30th March
Battle Royal
Hartley Jackson vs Hokuto Omori vs Kento Miyahara vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan vs Ren Ayabe vs Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino vs Yuma Aoyagi
Watch this here

A preview of the Champion Carnival & this really hit the spot, it had some comedy, some good wrestling, lots of fun, & they really elevated Ren Ayabe. And the post-match stuff with Ayabe announcing he was joining All Japan full-time was great & also funny. Man, Kento really is staggeringly enjoyable.

HM
30th March
PWF Junior Heavyweight Title
Rising HAYATO(c) vs MUSASHI
Watch this here

A little disappointing, HAYATO had a couple of small botches which detracted, & is a surprise as he's usually so smooth. Still more than enjoyed it.

MOTYC
30th March
Triple Crown Title
Katsuhiko Nakajima(c) vs Yuma Anzai
Watch this here

So apparently I'm the high person on this. It is a bit weirdly constructed, but Yuma showed so much heart & spirit fighting from underneath here. I found it very compelling. Nakajima was ruthless. And in the end the right man one against the odds. Can't really complain. Unlike the following match...

WMOTYC
30th March
All Asia Tag Team Titles
Exploding Barbwire Bat Deathmatch

Atsushi Onita & To-y(c) vs Evolution (Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato)
Don't watch this here

The pluses? Well, I thought Dan & Hikaru looked cooled in their suits. Ummm. The explosions were satisfying as always when Onita is involved.

There are matches that are bad & funny and then there are matches like this which are just boring and sloppy and not even in a fun way. Just a slog, some walk & brawl plunder stuff, some real dogshit shots with the bat that looked so gentle. And man, Onita's age has really knocked off some of his charisma & mystique. He really isn't Onita anymore, he's just an old bloke. Which hey, he is, fair enough, but doesn't mean it's something that should be watched. It also totally killed the flow of the show, the first 4 matches flew by & then they had to set up for this, then the plodding match happened and then they had to clean up everything. I hope this is Onita being put on ice, he's just not a draw, he's broken down, it's sad.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Astronauts vs Violence is Forever - GCW/JCW Jersey J-Cup 2024 Day 1 - 2/9
HM: Astronauts vs. Jonathan Gresham & Speedball Mike Bailey - GCW/JCW Jersey J-Cup Day 2 - 2/10

HM: Michael Oku vs Titan - Wrestlecon Mark Hitchcock Memorial Show 4/4
HM: Masha Slamovich vs. Syuri - GCW/JCW vs. The World 4/5
HM Kzy, Dragon Kid, Yammato vs. Shun Skywalker, Ben-K, Kota Minoura - GCW Joey Janela Spring Break 8 - 4/5
WMOTYC: Matt Cardona vs. Blue Pain(Kane) - GCW Joey Janela Spring Break 8 - 4/5

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Joey Janelas Spring Break 8 4/5/24

MOTYC: Matt Cardonia vs BLUE kanePAIN

If you dont agree you hate fun and should really look at yourself because obviously you need help.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Defenestrategy posted:

Joey Janelas Spring Break 8 4/5/24

MOTYC: Matt Cardonia vs BLUE kanePAIN

If you dont agree you hate fun and should really look at yourself because obviously you need help.

amazing match

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

ROH Supercard of Honor 4/5/24

WMOTY: Dalton Castle vs Johnny TV

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sticky Nate posted:

2nd

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Sticky Nate posted:

Thirded. It went from a fine but fun match to one of the most bizarre deflations I've seen.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
RoH SuperCard of Honor 4/5/24

HM: Queen Aminata vs Billie Starkz

Two people just beating the hell out of each other with a polarizing ending.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Dishonorable Mention: joey janela vs blake christian. Springbreak 8 This is very plodding and should have been way shorter and second from the last. The only way this didnt hit wmotyc was the ending was actually not bad.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Supercard of Honor Zero Hour 4/5

HM: Mariah May vs. Momo Kohgo

ROH Supercard of Honor 4/5

HM: Kyle Fletcher vs. Lee Johnson
HM: EXV (Maika, Mina Shirakawa) & Mei Seira vs. Queen's Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani) & Tam Nakano
HM: Billie Starkz vs. Queen Aminata
MOTYC: Athena vs. Hikaru Shida
MOTYC: Mark Briscoe vs. Eddie Kingston

Pylons fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 6, 2024

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

HM: EXV (Maika, Mina Shiraka) & Mei Seira vs. Queen's Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani) & Tam Nakano

Nth I'm so happy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll give HMs to Athena vs. Shida and Briscoe vs. Kingston. Dug both, especially the main event. Starkz and Aminata was real good but I really disliked the neck injury angle and Fletcher/Johnson was a good reminder of the old ROH DVD days where a match would be great and hit a perfect ending point... and then go on another 5-10 minutes.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

I'll give HMs to Athena vs. Shida and Briscoe vs. Kingston. Dug both, especially the main event. Starkz and Aminata was real good but I really disliked the neck injury angle and Fletcher/Johnson was a good reminder of the old ROH DVD days where a match would be great and hit a perfect ending point... and then go on another 5-10 minutes.

this is where I'm at, nth those two HM noms

also nth the WM nom for Johnny/Dalton, woof

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

[ROH Supercard of Honor 4/5

HM: EXV (Maika, Mina Shiraka) & Mei Seira vs. Queen's Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani) & Tam Nakano

Sticking with the HM nom on Starkz/Aminata despite the finish since they had the crowd the whole way.

And after thinking about it - and especially seeing how it killed the crowd for the rest of the show:

WMOTYC: Johnny TV vs. Dalton Castle

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched Rampage for the hour, so I missed Dalton/Johnny. Why was it so bad?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

went long, wasnt sure if it wanted to be a comedy match or a plunder match, and the comedy was bad

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pylons posted:

+1

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

KungFu Grip posted:

went long, wasnt sure if it wanted to be a comedy match or a plunder match, and the comedy was bad

also five minutes of interpretive dance from Paul Walter Hauser

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gavok posted:

It had a lot of component parts that were good (and often funny) in isolation but the whole thing wasn't really hanging together, and then towards the end Paul Walter Hauser showed up and just kind of... stood in the ring for awhile. Then took off his hoodie. Then took off his mask. Then stared at Johnny TV a bit. Then hit a move on Johnny TV. Then Dalton came back, the match wrapped up and they'd completely lost the crowd

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Killing the crowd for the rest of the show sounds next level awful. How many matches were left after Dalton vs. Johnny TV?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Killing the crowd for the rest of the show sounds next level awful. How many matches were left after Dalton vs. Johnny TV?

Women's and men's ROH title matches

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: CMLL Arena Mexico 4/05 - Misitico/Volador Jr/Atlantis JR vs Rocky Romero/Templario/Averno

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
MOTYC - CMLL Arena Mexico 4/05 - Blue Panther vs Bryan Danielson

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
HM: CMLL Arena Mexico 4/5 - Blue Panther vs Bryan Danielson

i have watched too much wrestling this weekend so i kinda spaced out all the way through ROH and almost didnt watch this but man it kicked so much rear end

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: CMLL Arena Mexico 04-05. Bryan Danielson vs Blue Panther

Heat helped carry it but this was super fun and Panther kept up despite his age and Bryan was having the time of his life doing a main event single in Arena Mexico

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

gripebomb posted:

MOTYC - CMLL Arena Mexico 4/05 - Blue Panther vs Bryan Danielsoon

A little less technical sequences than I'd like. But this was a great traditionally worked match with a very hot crowd.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CMLL Arena Mexico 4/5

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Blue Panther

I need to go back and watch the rest of the show but this match ruled.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: CMLL Arena Mexico 4/05 - Misitico/Volador Jr/Atlantis JR vs Rocky Romero/Templario/Averno

2nd

gripebomb posted:

MOTYC - CMLL Arena Mexico 4/05 - Blue Panther vs Bryan Danielson

2nd. Get off your rear end and watch CMLL because there's nothing else like it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
AJPW Dream Power Series Night 1 - 03/09
HM: Dan Tamura (c) v. Rising HAYATO
AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title

STARDOM Cinderella Tournament Night 1 - 03/09
MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto & Sareee v. Natsupoi & Saori Anou

DDT Judgment - 03/17
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita v. Yuma Aoyagi

CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas - 03/29
HM: La Catalina, Tessa Blanchard, y Willow Nightingale v. Stephanie Vaquer, Lluvia, y Zeuxis

HM:Rocky Romero y Mascara Dorada v. Atlantis Jr. y Soberano Jr.
Torneo Increible de Parejas Final

MOTYC
Bryan Danielson, Matt Sydal, Jon Moxley, y Claudio Castagnoli v. Mistico, Volador Jr., Blue Panther, y Ultimo Guerrero

TJPW Grand Princess - 03/31
HM: Miyu Yamashita (c) v. Miu Watanabe
TJPW Princess of Princess Title

ROH Supercard of Honor - 04/05
HM: Kyle Fletcher (c) v. "Big Shotty" Lee Johnson
ROH World TV Title

HM: Eddie Kingston (c) v. Mark Briscoe
ROH World Title

CMLL Super Viernes - 04/05
HM: Templario, Rocky Romero, y Averno v. Mistico, Volador Jr., y Atlantis Jr.
Best Two Out of Three Falls

HM: Bryan Danielson v. Blue Panther
Submission Match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
while i'm here

HM: Yuki Ueno vs Speedball Mike Bailey, DDT Coming to Philadelphia 4/4
HM: MAO vs Billie Starkz, DDT Coming to Philadelphia 4/4
HM: Tetsuya Endo vs Andrew Everett, DDT Coming to Philadelphia 4/4

HM: Masha Slamovich vs Syuri, GCW/JCW vs The World, 4/4

HM Arisu Endo & Suzume vs Zara Zakher & Yuki Aino, TJPW Live in Philly 4/5
HM: Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi, TJPW Live in Philly 4/5

had a really great time live at DEFY, DDT, GCW/JCW vs the World, and TJPW this weekend. i'm picky so nothing from DEFY made the cut but I loved getting to see original CCK in action - with all of Lykos's injuries I never got the chance pre-covid when I was doing lots of travel for wrestling. plus kenta/gringo logo was like most of the way to a really good match, just kinda hit an inevitable ceiling for a slow-paced main event on a matinee show.

the masha/syuri match deserves to be here for the sheer balls of booking a 30 minute time limit draw at 1 in the loving morning. i was genuinely doing a :sickos: cackle down the home stretch of this match and it had some great sequences in it. jordan oliver vs aigle blanc barely missed the cut, definitely worth watching if you're tracking down vods from the collective

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

It did not kill the crowd for the rest of the show, what in the world? Athena/Shida started very slow and the crowd was extremely into it when it got going and the crowd was unhinged for the main event.

MOTYC: Lee Johnson vs Kyle Fletcher
MOTYC: Queen Aminata vs Billie Starkz
MOTYC: Mark Briscoe vs Eddie Kingston

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
21st February
AEW Dynamite
Blackpool Combat Club (Claudio Castagnoli & Jon Moxley) vs FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood)

HM
17th March
Stardom Cinderella Tournament Night 4
AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs Empress Nexus Venus (Maika & Mina Shirakawa) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Natsuko Tora
Watch this here

HM
17th March
Sendai Girls In Shin-Kiba
Mio Momono & Yurika Oka vs VENY & Yuna Suzuki
Watch this here

HM
17th March
Nanae Takahashi & ZONES vs Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu)
Watch this here

This was close to MOTYC level. Highly recommended anyway, anytime Nanae & Chihiro were in the ring together just ripped, especially the start of the match. Thought this was the best Nanae performance I've seen since she left SEAdLINNNG tbh

MOTYC
17th March
Sendai Girls Tag Team Titles
Reiwa Ultima Powers (DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto) vs Manami & Ryo Mizunami
Watch this here

There was one iffy moment when Manami whiffed doing a DDT (it was weird looking) but didn't distract from the overall fact this match was great. Honestly, whole show was very good & I'm so excited to get to see Sendai Girls shows within 2 weeks of them actually happening (and it could have been sooner if I was less lazy)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NJPW Sakura Genesis 2024

WMOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. EVIL
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. EVIL

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It did not kill the crowd for the rest of the show, what in the world? Athena/Shida started very slow and the crowd was extremely into it when it got going and the crowd was unhinged for the main event.

Dunno if you were there or watching on PPV but they sounded absolutely dead on tv for the Athena match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Pylons posted: