Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's apples fault there isn't a single cable that does everything yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I have about 20 magnetic charging cables with USBC, and micro USB I got from TEmu and they loving rule. I ain't going back and none of y'all will make me. If I'm getting a Temu order together, I always add a couple of them.

If I could get mini-USB ones I would.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I have a wireless thermometer that charges via USB C, but only some power bricks can charge it, higher speed ones are effectively useless. This led me to thinking the thing was broken for months, because I assumed USB C was gonna be universal, and I’m still not sure why it’s not.

Sorry for the derail I just wanted to throw my complaints about USB C into the mix.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well I have a laptop that uses a 12V USB-C charger but is not USB-PD. If you use that charger on another device like a phone, it'll only charge at 5v, very slowly (1A maybe?). If you plug in a USB-PD charger in that port, it will show up as "plugged in", but it will not charge the laptop. The other USB-C port works with USB-PD, but not their weird charger.

USB-IF can't stop sketchy manufacturers from doing weird non-standard poo poo, they don't control everyone. Generally though USB-C + USB-PD has been awesome. I can charge everything with one charger, and connect my laptop to the monitor with one cable, which powers it as well as transmits video and data. :iia:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You people don't put your phone in your pocket port up?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Just get some testers so you know how faster your cables are charging

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Generally though USB-C + USB-PD has been awesome. I can charge everything with one charger, and connect my laptop to the monitor with one cable, which powers it as well as transmits video and data. :iia:

Agreed, the devices that meet standards are great. I've got a 160W Ugreen block that'll charge my laptop and phone at the same time, super quick if I want. A non-proprietary single-cable dock that works with computers, game stations and phones is real nice

The three-way I bought mainly for the one lightning and few micro devices I have, which would be limited to usb-a speeds anyways

Anyways today I had to add a little more to get free shipping on the gyro ball so a RasPi case+touchscreen and textured 3D printer bed plate are headed my way

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

If you're buying dollar or two dollar cables then you get what you pay for. Even on Ali you can get a decent usb-c cable for like 6-8 bucks that has a good header that won't gently caress your ports, heavier gauge copper and decent moulding.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

withak posted:

All fun and games until it burns down your house.

No no we already did that thread title

I actually got an order in a little over a week. Wonder if the stuff was already stateside.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The drama department I teach in is opening Xanadu at the end of the month, and I want to dress up for the performances. I have a black and gold velvet track suit that should do nicely, but obviously I need a tank top to go with that. Any suggestions??? Gaudy/tacky is good, but it's a high school play, so not too far outside the bounds of decency.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

DHGate seems to have more clothing (maybe?) but if you search the track suit you might find something that goes with?

If you’re in the military in Eastern Europe, the primary accessory is an underarm holster and sidearm, I know that.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I got a few of these but the connection is not nearly stable enough for stuff you wanna use while plugged in. Tried using them for my phone but when I pick up and use it phone it'll be annoyingly disconnecting and reconnecting as the cable wiggles and the magnet temporarily loses contact. Same for a wireless game controller.

it's handy for quickly plugging stuff in to charge when you walk away at least.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
I'm almost afraid to ask, but is everyone getting a whole "Wigs" section on the front page or is it just me

I mean I just buy loads of stationery and organizing crap and USB doodads and ill-considered woodworking tools. And guitars, too many guitars. Never browsed for wigs though. I have lush flowing locks I grew all by myself.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Tad Naff posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but is everyone getting a whole "Wigs" section on the front page or is it just me

I get a lot of wigs in my Ali promo emails.
I've only bought an emulator handheld and some gun keychains. Never browse wigs either.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Tad Naff posted:

I mean I just buy loads of stationery and organizing crap and USB doodads and ill-considered woodworking tools. And guitars, too many guitars. Never browsed for wigs though. I have lush flowing locks I grew all by myself.

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

all the cheap $1 trinkets made with lead paint and other carcinogens were just a ploy to cause permanent hair loss and sell you wigs at extortionate prices

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Outdoors TACTICAL dinner set

you can eat TACTICAL BEANS with it

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

How are you supposed to eat anything while they are constantly twirling?

In other news, most of my sale buy from the end of March is already showing up - in just over a week, which is crazy fast compared to the usual.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bagual posted:

Outdoors TACTICAL dinner set

you can eat TACTICAL BEANS with it

Um, ow. That looks like it'd be uncomfortable and painful but at least people will know I'm straight.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

How are you supposed to eat anything while they are constantly twirling?

In other news, most of my sale buy from the end of March is already showing up - in just over a week, which is crazy fast compared to the usual.

It's an archemedies screw for spaghetti

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Tad Naff posted:

I get a lot of wig ads, but I buy a lot of wigs. I also click on many of the links posted in this thread, so maybe I am corrupting the algorithm, sorry.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Literally A Person posted:

Um, ow. That looks like it'd be uncomfortable and painful but at least people will know I'm straight.

But the utensils are very clearly not straight :confused:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Excuse me, I don't want twisted spoons, I want utensils that say "twink".

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

theres a piece of velcro on the back of my jacket (around where the start of the hood of the jacket is) that has a velcro area. I'd like to buy some custom velcro to apply to that so I can look :cool: and also so it stops sticking to my sweater when i drape my jacket on my chair.. i'm not having much luck searching "custom velcro" on aliexpress. anyone know of a place on the site that does this?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Strong Sauce posted:

theres a piece of velcro on the back of my jacket (around where the start of the hood of the jacket is) that has a velcro area. I'd like to buy some custom velcro to apply to that so I can look :cool: and also so it stops sticking to my sweater when i drape my jacket on my chair.. i'm not having much luck searching "custom velcro" on aliexpress. anyone know of a place on the site that does this?

Velcro name plate

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Did you try searching for "custom hook and loop"? I know it's funny to see a trademark respected, but it's not a generic yet

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Try "custom morale patch".

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
"hook and loop patch"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Manky posted:

Did you try searching for "custom hook and loop"? I know it's funny to see a trademark respected, but it's not a generic yet
https://youtu.be/rRi8LptvFZY

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

get the “space station door gunner” patch

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Since nobody mentioned it yet, make sure you know the answer to this question to know which kind you need - should the back of the patch be soft (loop) or scratchy (hook)?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The jacket keeps sticking to the chair, which means they have the hooks. Unless it's a very hooky chair?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

El Fideo posted:

The jacket keeps sticking to the chair, which means they have the hooks. Unless it's a very hooky chair?

Surely, it would be easier to just snip the hook patch from you jacket? I mean it’s probably stitched on, in which case you could use small scissors or a sharp knife to cut the stitches. Because surely the Velcro is not glued on?

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
What a fantastic idea

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Thought that said remote control tether and got briefly excited. Like, yes, I could use something to anchor the remote to my end table so it stops disappearing right when I wanna watch Diners Drive-ins &Dives.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There are remote control tethers on Aliexpress but they don't look as cool as the baby eating a remote.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Hello AliExpress thread, did I get scammed? I ordered something that says it’s been delivered, but to an address in Pennsylvania despite my address clearly being in Indiana. If I recall correctly the seller said they were in PA, so if that was all there was to it I would think there’s a possibility it might start moving again. But there’s a much more concerning element that makes me doubtful: both the listing and storefront seem to have disappeared off the site.

AliExpress wants me to wait at least 10 days (it’s only been 2) or confirm I’ve received it (nope) before asking for a refund. Is it safe to wait or should I talk to my bank about reversing the charge? It’s only $40 so not a disaster.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
2 days? Ali isn't amazon prime, it's the home of fake tracking numbers and (now less common) multi-month ship times

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Just have faith and worry about it after 10 days.

I didn't even know there were American sellers on Ali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Yes I know 2 days is very short and that tracking numbers aren't reliable. It's the listing and seller completely disappearing that concerns me.