Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Marsupial Ape posted:

I love how fussy anime fans can performatively hate a new character at the drop of a hat. Delightful.

Well I love him Kabro ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Okay, now where is Glep as Senshi.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also that was kind of a fun way to do a recap episode.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Captain Oblivious posted:

Kabru would be the protagonist in a lot of other stories, but he ain't in this one, and it's very very funny.

Yeah, that sums up Kabru pretty perfectly right there.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Henker posted:

Kabru is the kind of guy who reads gossip rags and constantly posts on Kiwi Farms. He also knows Falin/Marcille are totally fuckin'.

brain damage

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Also I really hope there is someone out there more obsessive and hardworking than me that is sorting through all the side content, the daydream hours and adventure bibles and such, that are safe to post spoiler free for all the animeonlys. There's an incredible amount of cool drawings of the cast in modern clothing or other silly outfits + funny characterization.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, that sums up Kabru pretty perfectly right there.

Yeah, his armor skews just a few degrees too JPRG while everyone else has more grounded, 'historically accurate' armor.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

Using two sock puppet accounts in a row to justify his galaxy-brain behavior is a very Kabru thing to do.

brain damage

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

symbolic posted:

brain damage

I had a three-wheeler when I was kid...so, maybe? Helmets weren't a thing in 1980's Kentucky. Just put a toddler on an ATV. They'll figure out the kick start.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Marsupial Ape posted:

Also, I don't know why, but I hate that the kobold had people feet. It seems wrong. Shudder inducing.

Same, that poo poo was deeply unsettling

Kabru just gave me sorta fanatical paladin vibes. It’s very funny how bad they are against monsters tho

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

anyways watched the two newest eps back-to-back with my partner and we both enjoyed them a whole lot, very worried about Falin but confident she'll pull through

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Kabru just gave me sorta fanatical paladin vibes. It’s very funny how bad they are against monsters tho

High charisma, checks out.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Kabru has cop brain.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Sherlock Holmes would also get his rear end kicked by magical monsters

Sherlock Holmes casually bends solid steel bars, just as a flex, and jumps six foot walls like it isn't even an issue.

Holmes could probably just punch out the Red Dragon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Marsupial Ape posted:

Kabru has cop brain.

jesus christ

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

Kabru has cop brain.

Please stop being weird in the monster food eating anime thread

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
That's the weird thing I've said? I'm not being political. I know guys like that, they're always eyeballing people. I did not realize it was a loaded phrase.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
it's interesting how Kabru handles Mickbell raging about treasure/food thieves: he never hops on it (and Mickbell obliviously never picks up on the conversational signal to lay off) but channels the conversation into putting the food theft in the best possible light, then immediately turning around to reshape the charge against the Touden co. into their shady past that only he has knowledge of. So Kabru is never on "someone else's side", the party still retains suspicions, but Kabru regains control over how much

if you've ever worked with someone who can make everyone in the room feel like their concerns are validated and their views are respected and yet somehow the consensus decision is always coincidentally the ones that the particular person wants, well

it's one thing to put down +10 Charisma on a character sheet and another thing to show it in how people actually interact, this writing is great

ronya fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 6, 2024

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://x.com/froggiefrond/status/1751808450961481871

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Same, that poo poo was deeply unsettling

A non-spoilery yet relevant bonus comic (from Daydream Hour 4):

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Ryoko Kui has ruined the cute dog.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Dabru has some issues but I'm willing to hear him out.

Not sure I fully agree with killing those dudes though--I guess that far down in the dungeon it's hard to imagine shackling some dudes up (assuming you have any restraints) and safely making it back to the surface. Still hosed up.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

haypliss posted:

Ryoko Kui has ruined the cute dog.

I think that's the point. Mick always treats Kuro like an actual dog -- the entire visual and thematic gimmick is "boy and his dog" -- but [literally] peeling back the surface he's exposed to the stark physical reality that Kuro is as much a person as Mick and everyone else is. And that fucks with his head and makes him immediately backpedal to obscure the dissonance, preserving the possessive and dehumanising delusion.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hiveminded posted:

I think that's the point. Mick always treats Kuro like an actual dog -- the entire visual and thematic gimmick is "boy and his dog" -- but [literally] peeling back the surface he's exposed to the stark physical reality that Kuro is as much a person as Mick and everyone else is. And that fucks with his head and makes him immediately backpedal to obscure the dissonance, preserving the possessive and dehumanising delusion.

I think it's just super weird to discover your friend has a sleeper build after spending most of your life assuming they were a twink.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kuro's face at the end is incredibly funny

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think it's just super weird to discover your friend has a sleeper build after spending most of your life assuming they were a twink.

none of my business

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
If it is allowed to post non-spoiler stuff from daydream hour, then I absolutely have to share this

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sander posted:

If it is allowed to post non-spoiler stuff from daydream hour, then I absolutely have to share this

I ... just posted that in the last page

But yeah Holm and his sister is cute.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All of the side-comics posting is making me realize just how much we need a shorts spinoff that adapts these things. It can be pretty low-budget, it just needs to give us those unconnected stories in short episodes. It's like how Frieren had oo no Mahou for silly gags.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

All of the side-comics posting is making me realize just how much we need a shorts spinoff that adapts these things. It can be pretty low-budget, it just needs to give us those unconnected stories in short episodes. It's like how Frieren had oo no Mahou for silly gags.

Seeing how popular the show is im hoping that they do some side content. A lot of it is really funny, like this one from after the mermaid scene

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Hihohe posted:

Seeing how popular the show is im hoping that they do some side content. A lot of it is really funny, like this one from after the mermaid scene

what the gently caress, I thought Laios was a bro

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Hiveminded posted:

It's like looking at what chimpanzees look like under all the fur. It's startling!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

what the gently caress, I thought Laios was a bro

Look, the party already trusts Chilchuck to go first into rooms full of booby traps because he's more likely to detect them before they kill someone, this is just that logic applied to living booby traps

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Asterite34 posted:

Look, the party already trusts Chilchuck to go first into rooms full of booby traps because he's more likely to detect them before they kill someone, this is just that logic applied to living booby traps

They could have at least tied a rope around him

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They could have at least tied a rope around him

He got a loud clap in the ear. I’m guessing the sailor half feet that die jump off a boat and just can’t be rescued at that point

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

The extra bit from the tentacle episode

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arc Hammer posted:

Okay, now where is Glep as Senshi.

https://x.com/BillDaDinosaur/status/1776437162013295098

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are Kabru, Kiki, Kaka, and Shuro also tall men (tall man? Tall people? Tall folk?)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

You kiss your sister on the mouth?