Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Alaois posted:

the Simpsons got all their emotional episodes out of the way in season 2

Making me realize I never remember any of them because I never watch episodes prior to season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Making me realize I never remember any of them because I never watch episodes prior to season 3.

season 2 was the only season of the simpsons we owned on DVD for most of when i was growing up so i watched those episodes a lot and most of them are still some of my favorite simpsons episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyTiT2rYgI

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just noticed my first gray hair in my beard, honestly wish I had gone gray early like Leslie Nelson or Steve Martin

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I was never a Simpsons superfan but I still remember my parents sitting me down to watch the premiere of this "new simpsons show". My youngest kid is now the same age as I was when it premiered. It is insane to think about anything running that long let alone a weird yellow cartoon

It's a great show but it still boggles my mind how it has dominated pop culture for almost 40 years

a sexual elk posted:

Just noticed my first gray hair in my beard, honestly wish I had gone gray early like Leslie Nelson or Steve Martin

Embrace it. I went like full Steve Martin gray within 6 months of my first kid, the before and after photos are very funny

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 6, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im finding a few strays in my temples and in my beard now im 36.

I dont give a poo poo at all. I kinda like how it looks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Docjowles posted:

I was never a Simpsons superfan but I still remember my parents sitting me down to watch the premiere of this "new simpsons show". My youngest kid is now the same age as I was when it premiered. It is insane to think about anything running that long let alone a weird yellow cartoon

It's a great show but it still boggles my mind how it has dominated pop culture for almost 40 years

It's still a popular show, but I wouldn't say it dominates popular culture anymore. Definitely not the way it did the 90s. Like, anyone with kids, ask them how many of their classmates wear a Simpsons t-shirt.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

It's still a popular show, but I wouldn't say it dominates popular culture anymore. Definitely not the way it did the 90s. Like, anyone with kids, ask them how many of their classmates wear a Simpsons t-shirt.

I haven't ever heard anyone gen z make a simpsons reference but my peers will always come out with something like "money can be exchanged for goods and services" or a stupid "hididdly ho", even knew a dude with the last name Lomax who got referred to as Rancho ReLomaxo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Simpsons lives on via memes made from the early seasons

I got my hair cut recently and the amount of grey hairs just keeps increasing. The good news is I'm getting them in the temples first, so I'm getting that Reed Richards look.

May or may not be congruous with me being an evil genius

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

I got my hair cut recently and the amount of grey hairs just keeps increasing. The good news is I'm getting them in the temples first, so I'm getting that Reed Richards look.

You're evil because your posts make me hungry half the time and you're a genius because your food choices are so drat good.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Android Apocalypse posted:

I got my haircut just now, and my stylist pointed out how blonde my ends are, and also that I have a random patch of pure blonde on the back of neck, buried under my long brown hair. She even took a pic of it to show me.

Hair is weird. My hair is really long now and I love it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

apparently the recent episodes aren't so bad?

anyway, i can't believe i didn't find out about this meme until recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-QcqyRUNE

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I got my haircut just now, and my stylist pointed out how blonde my ends are, and also that I have a random patch of pure blonde on the back of neck, buried under my long brown hair. She even took a pic of it to show me.

Hair is weird. My hair is really long now and I love it.

I'm back to having long hair and I both love and hate it. I have fine, thin hair so it tangles pretty easily but with my facial structure it looks best down. On the other hand a friend is having a 70s inspired divorce party next month and my hair is just the right length for me to get it pin straight like the style then.

I got some head/hair spa videos rec'd to me recently and I found a place by me that does those so I'm taking Friday afternoon off next week to try it out. Then a stop over at one of the asian markets on my way home to track down frozen vietnamese coffees since Costco is hit or miss with them (and the Kirkland brand sparkling waters for some reason).

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I've been going grey for about 12 years. I have a lot of grey on the chin parts of my beard so I'm rocking the salt and pepper look hard.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So this battery Atlanta place is pretty sweet. Doing a daddy-daughter road trip for my kiddos first Braves game and gonna hit the aquarium tomorrow. Staying a block away and about to go exploring.

Bright blue skies and temps in the 60s. Perfect day.

SundayMoney posted:

I've been going grey for about 12 years. I have a lot of grey on the chin parts of my beard so I'm rocking the salt and pepper look hard.

I was clean shaven for more than a decade after wearing a dark beard for many years. When I regrew it I’ve got a pretty solid shock of grey (well, white really) around my chin that surprised me, even though I’d seen it a bit in the stubble.

I’ve been shaving my head for a long time but when I get lazy for a couple days I’ve got it sprinkled along the sides. I’m very very 40.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My fuzzy grey cat is also starting to get white hairs now. He's 6 or 7 so he's a senior but it's always interesting to see how animals also go grey/white as they age. My grandparents had black cat named Albert who lived to be about 19 and he was fairly salt and peppery by the end.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My only grey hairs are in my chest hair, right on the sternum. Please update TFFgoons.xlsx accordingly

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

So this battery Atlanta place is pretty sweet. Doing a daddy-daughter road trip for my kiddos first Braves game and gonna hit the aquarium tomorrow. Staying a block away and about to go exploring.

Bright blue skies and temps in the 60s. Perfect day.

Go to PH'EAST for a delicious variety of Asian foods and there's a bar for adult beverages. EVERYTHING is good there. My coworkers and I sampled every restaurant and were never disappointed. It's right around the Battery too.

IIRC it's there's Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai? They're all different restaurants sharing a building.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol

https://x.com/thewapplehouse/status/1776689790307516822?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Also I went almost half gray overnight at about 30.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Freaquency posted:

My only grey hairs are in my chest hair, right on the sternum. Please update TFFgoons.xlsx accordingly
I have a few random white hairs on my chin. They've become more noticeable since I got some laser hair removal done (laser can't touch them. But the razor sure can!)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I occasionally get white hairs at random on my head from stress. They started popping up noticeably when I was dealing with awful work poo poo in 2018~, mostly went away when I got that resolved, then started becoming visible again last year, and have faded again a bit since I left that job.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

just found out buffy the vampire slayer is on hulu. i've thought about rewatching it for the first time since high school several times over the years but decided it should just be good memories. gotta say though that poo poo is calling to me like the green goblin mask to norman osborn

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quoting this so I can watch tonight if it's still up.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Incredible. The way it's meant to be seen, on a phone with compression. David Lynch rolling in his grave.

Speaking of hair, I got a hair cut a few days before watching the old Road House and was livid I was nowhere near the luxurious locks of Swayze and Elliott. Someday...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My brother is at the Lakers game today repping a City Name Sports Team jersey that I got him. He never watches sports so I'm hoping he'll buy an actual jersey after the game!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tossed it into a downloader to see if I could grab it and yep, just grabs the whole... half gb 3 hour video. It's impressive how far you can compress it and still be watchable, but this ain't how you want to experience the movie, heh.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kalli posted:

Tossed it into a downloader to see if I could grab it and yep, just grabs the whole... half gb 3 hour video. It's impressive how far you can compress it and still be watchable, but this ain't how you want to experience the movie, heh.

I'm not impressed until we can play Doom on it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Ngl, when I clicked on the video I thought it was gonna be played at like 50x speed or summed up in some way, and not just the movie straight up lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I clicked ~1/3rd of the way into the clip because I didn’t expect it to be the full Dune 2 movie.

My takeaway was drat, he still just doing Fremen trust stuff.

They could have cut a lot of filler from this movie.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am couch ridden for a couple days, my friends.

I was hoping to invest this time into pure BG3 but even gaming might be a bit too much.

I’ve got access to Hulu, Netflix, Max, Prime, Disney, please lend me your recommendations!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Big Trouble Little China, The Thing, Overboard. In that order

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Or Escape from New York, Escape from LA, Captain Ron

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Hulu's got all the classic adult Fox cartoons, ER, and a series based off Das Boot that has a good 1st season. Harlots and The Great are also excellent costume shows.

Netflix has The Good Place and I've been enjoying it as my girlfriend is rewatching it. Beef is excellent too.

If you are good with historical C-Dramas Prime's got a bunch. I finished up Ming Dynasty recently and am now on Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace, which kind of follows Empresses in the Place which is also on Prime. Yanxi Palace is next on my list.

Disney+ has all of The Simpsons and I like to zone out to it or a NatGeo vet show when I'm working on my beading project.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I was hoping to invest this time into pure BG3 but even gaming might be a bit too much.

I’ve got access to Hulu, Netflix, Max, Prime, Disney, please lend me your recommendations!

Shogun is good if you haven’t been watching it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I clicked ~1/3rd of the way into the clip because I didn’t expect it to be the full Dune 2 movie.

My takeaway was drat, he still just doing Fremen trust stuff.

They could have cut a lot of filler from this movie.

Have you read the book? Almost the entire second half is literally just him doing Fremen stuff.

White Collar and Burn Notice are my go to comfort food shows on Hulu right now.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Backdraft, Tombstone, Soldier, that episode of Gilligans Island with Jungle Boy

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

If you haven't seen it, RRR on netflix. Also Prey on Hulu.

I'm assuming you can get hoopla/kanopy through your library too and use tubi/other free ones.
Here's a great list from the last decade https://letterboxd.com/andybodiedoyle/list/film-school-rejects-the-50-best-action-movies/ (sub out #6 for edge of tomorrow)
#1 is on max, #3 on netflix, #4 on netflix/hoopla, #5 on tubi, #9 on prime, #15 on netflix, #16 on roku, #17 on freevee/plex, #18 on kanopy, #20 on prime/hoopla

I didn't go through the rest, but lower down is Wolf Warrior 2 which is on all the free services and is an absolute hoot for nationalist military action not made in USA. In a similar vein, pathaan and war (both on prime) are all fantastic over the top foreign action movies from a much different perspective than we usually get.

It's infuriating how often movies rotate - i saw edge of tomorrow & upgrade on Max a few months ago, now both are gone. Have to use justwatch.com to figure out what's where.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 6, 2024

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Tubi's great if you love bad original movies. It's like Lifetime but more diverse and you see people naked.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thank you comrades. Many good recommendations!

Starting with the new animated spider man and working through.

We’ll see if the meds and lack of sleep allow me to focus sufficiently.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Stargate (film)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

a sexual elk posted:

Big Trouble Little China, The Thing, Overboard. In that order

a sexual elk posted:

Or Escape from New York, Escape from LA, Captain Ron

a sexual elk posted: