Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i like the part where we don't flip me, personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

hambeet posted:

i like the part where we don't flip me, personally

I understand you buddy, I really do. All I can say is that if we flip you, and you flip town, we'll probably be catching a scum in Cube instead, and a 1:1 trade isn't the worst thing in the world to be as town.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
If beet flips town, and knowing beet didn't have a claimed action, nor reason to lie about it, then we have a situation where Cube claimed to see someone that never went anywhere by the nightkill. I'm struggling to think of a scum role that could make someone unwillingly visit. Or rather, I can think of some convoluted poo poo - but none that makes any sense in this semi-open, relatively simple setting. Watcher, Tracker, Roleblocker, Doc, Framer that will make it appear like you were at a specific place even though you never moved at all? Gimme a break. It isn't impossible but it's IMO dumb enough to not merit consideration.

In this case, the easiest answer is that Cube did indeed win the Watcher prize, but he did do the killing instead of using it - that'd also cover his bases against a loose Tracker. Alternatively, he watched whoever was killed in hopes that someone would pop by.

But to me this scenario, both of them, runs against another wall, why frame beet in particular? That makes it a very short-lived lie, if your mark claims no action and flips town.

Short of it: if beet is town, Cube is lying, and scum. Yeet him.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

There is a Galaxy-Brain level take where Cube is doing a big bus on a teammate who just subbed in and is kind of not too into game still. So please, don't let Cube ride the credit train to endgame, either.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Part of me thinks there is a scum that did the kill (and probably had no fish, because why waste town cred), a scum that had an unclaimed fish and either used it to no good effect or was prevented from using it, and a acum that had a fish and actually used their fish in the way they say they did, but is still scum.

The alternative is a scumteam with just a single unclaimed fish and two players who got nothing, and that's kinda sad, but not impossible.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

A acum. Time to stop rambling and get something to eat.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

whiskewekeey

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

yhre mistakes began withtj whisykey

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Fish fact time!

Those lil' guys?

The same fish. As in, exactly the same fish. If you breed them you end up with some funny looking guys:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Those ones?

Fully different species. Can't breed among themselves.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

yhre mistakes began withtj whisykey

Rummy nose tetra, another extremely common aquarium fish (upper post showed a pair of Neon tetras and a Cardinal tetra, also very very common fish). No one calls them that in Spanish: their common name is borrachitos, literally drunkies.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Want a pet that's also one of the most used research animals ever? Meet the zebrafish. Not a tetra in this case, but in the family of barbs. Zebrafish genome has been fully decoded and they have the honor of being one of the earliest, if not the earliest, cloned species ever. They're routinely used for genomics studies and manipulation, and also extremely common as pets.

If you've heard of the Glo-fish, fishies that glow in various colors in the dark, those are genetically modified zebrafish where the blue coloration expresses itself as a different, fluorescent, molecule. Originally developed with the idea of using their color changes to test water contamination, now they're mostly pets. They aren't commonly seen in Europe, though - they fall in the category of GMO, and aren't allowed to be sold as pets.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zebrafish are assholes, though. Upper in the pic is a male, lower is a female. They're bigger than the male, and they'll get even plumpier when they've got a load of eggs to lay. A female in this state will make the males around go absolutely crazy; they will start pounding on her belly with their heads, sometimes pinning the poor female to the bottom, in order to make her lay the eggs for them to fertilize.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zebrafish have a pretty awesome superpower, though: they regenerate. They'll regrow major parts of the heart, spine or eye after suffering damage. This, together with their genetic material (which they share around 80% with humans) being so well known, makes them prime candidates for research on how to stop and revert the damage caused by various degenerative diseases.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bonus non-fish facts: shrimpy facts!

If you have a freshwater aquarium, those lil' guys are your friends. They will feed in all the food scraps in the bottom of the aquarium, algae, and anything else they can find around. They are, also, extremely cute, more than you'd ever imagine for a glorified water bug.

Pictured is a male. They are, again, half as small as the female, and they are slim to the female's plumpy shape. The reason being...

... eggs. The female has ventral pockets where she carries the fertilized eggs until they hatch. They are sticky and stay inside without any problem, and the mom will sit around and clean them up carefully and regularly before putting them back.

This species, Amano shrimp (Caridina Japonica) can carry between 1000 and 3000 eggs in a single laying. The larvae are less than a milimeter in size but, regrettably, they won't grow in your aquarium.

In nature, Amano shrimp live in rivers, and that's why you can have them in your freshwater tank. But the larvae are unable to swim on their own, so they wash down to the sea. Amano larvae live in brackish water, and they will not survive in freshwater. Once they change into their adult shape, they'll swim upriver, and become freswater inhabitants.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

If you want the absolute cuteness that's tiny shrimp, you need a parent pf the Amano: the Neocaridina or Cherry shrimp. Originally brownish in coloration, they've been selectively breed to display a strikingly red color, and yellow, blue and black variants also exist.

Unlike their cousins, neocaridina give birth to fully formed, tiny clones of themselves. You can see it in the pic below - the number of eggs is considerably smaller, and they're bigger in size. No larvae here.

If the conditions are right, they will breed like rabbits - which isn't bad on itself, they're cleaners, they don't take space or fight and they're pretty funny to watch.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Are people just waiting for hambeet to flip or waiting for fishing results

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm now a huge fan of those shrimps.....
I love cleaning

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm now a huge fan of those shrimps.....
I love cleaning

Yeah those guys are awesome

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Outside of the beet/cube dichotomy I probably have the most suspicion of Shwinne carrying over from yesterday

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

Outside of the beet/cube dichotomy I probably have the most suspicion of Shwinne carrying over from yesterday

I do too. I do feel like he's the shadiest-looking player in the pool of people with a known night action.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Are people just waiting for hambeet to flip or waiting for fishing results

I wanted for Cube to explain his Sand logic from earlier and for a couple people to straight up appear (shwinne being one) but otherwise am good to vote and end it whenever you all want. Didn't want to put beet at -1 just in case he decided to selfvote or something.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah I don't get why cube is townreading sand at all as well.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Maerlyn posted:

Where does Sand factor into your points?

I imagine the fish stealing is a post hammer/pre flip action by scum since it just deprives town of opportunities to win a fish prize/action. The list of winners is anonymous so there's a small chance of getting caught I think (there's probably enough leeway for scum to lie).

I don't see how discussing fish thieves leads to the "Sand seems townie" conclusion.

Was asleep.

The idea is "If scum had two NKs last night, they would probably want to keep the fish-stealing hidden and use one of those two to NK the person they stole from. Yes it'll come out eventually, but people might be goaded another day into sharing details about their catches, which could be really helpful for N2."

It's not a lock at all, but it leads me to revise my read on Sand.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I don't have much more to say.

##vote spoidahbeet

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

That's -1.

If I die, don't forget to look at Zoya, Tmor, Plas or shwinne. If beet is scum, don't give Cube a full clear, please.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I've just been sitting here waiting for beet to get lunched and reading fish facts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

That's -1.

If I die, don't forget to look at Zoya, Tmor, Plas or shwinne. If beet is scum, don't give Cube a full clear, please.

Who would dare kill the fish fact person

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Swift reminder that it's a bit over two hours to deadline and this'd be the most embarrasing burrito ever.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Votecount for Day 2

hambeet (5): CubicalSucrose, Zoya, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Shellception

Not Voting (5): Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Maerlyn, shwinnebego, Tired Moritz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 06th, 2024 at 11 p.m. EEST -- that's in about 2 hours, 44 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I could hammer, should I hammer?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I doubt there's going to be much discussion on a Saturday afternoon but as long as someone hammers before deadline it's fine IMO

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote hambleat

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

hi everyone i requested a replacement cuz i'm busier than i thoguht i'd be irl

if none can be found i'll try to rally

needless to say this has no relationship to my alignment or anything

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

hambeet (6): CubicalSucrose, Zoya, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Shellception, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (4): hambeet, Maerlyn, shwinnebego, Tired Moritz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 06th, 2024 at 11 p.m. EEST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Hambeet has been voted out

quote:

You are Kala Kaija, Scum-aligned fisher

You've been hired by the local shore residents to put an end to this obnoxious and overblown icefishing competition. You're well prepared, you've scoped out the place in advance and you're going to make sure this is the last championship

You win the game when your team has unassailable control over the vote.

Hidden advantage You've managed to hide a snowmobile along the lake shore. Once per day you may use it to move to another fishing spot without using a time slot. Due to the noise everyone fishing in that spot will suffer a -10% penalty to their fish catching rate on their next cast. Don't ask how the others don't notice you zooming across the ice, icefishing is a really intensive sport!

Well stocked You always come prepared, you start the game with 2 additional items.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
The winning fish for today are:
Goldfish 841g
Salmon 7194g
Roach 221g
Pike 3411g
Perch 395g
Whitefish 1544g
Zander 2733g

Night 2 has begun You have 24 hours to submit night actions

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Good morning everybody, it's a bit of a windy morning for our third day of the championship and we will most likely be getting a lot of snow in the afternoon so dress appropriately and remember to have fun. Now I know last evenings relevations about cheating has left many of you with questions, but I can assure you that we have investigated this conduct and have found that the cheater was acting alone. The rest of the championship will be conducted in a fair and friendly manner, so may the best fisher win! We have once again had a drop out from the contest today, but it is most definitely not connected to any other incidents that have happened and you have nothing to worry about out there on the ice.

Maerlyn, Elsa Salmela, town-aligned fisher has dropped out of the contest

quote:

You are Elsa Salmela, town-aligned fisher

You win the game when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Your family has been a big part of this village forever, you know everybody, at least everybody important and probably half of them are related to you one way or another. Everybody knows you're going to be the next mayor and winning this championship will be a good time to announce your bid for election.

Well connected You're part of the old girls sauna club with some of the judges. At midday (after everybody has completed 3 casts) you will get a check in of the largests caught fish for each species

Day 3 has begun deadline is currently set for 11pm UTC+3 Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): b-minus1, CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Shellception, Tired Moritz, Zoya

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2024 at 11 p.m. EEST -- that's in about 2 days.