Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I also saw an opinion piece saying that Dragon's Dogma 2's success despite its friction might mean the market is primed for a Dead Rising reboot that goes back to the systems of the first one, since it came from that same kinda era in Capcom's history where they were just trying things out.
I do wish that the ending of dd2 was more like dead rising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Waffleman_ posted:

Played a bit of Wanted: Dead

hey this game's kinda cool

:yeah:

It's weird and janky, but fun.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

My 5 year old nephew playing Pokemon: "Do you want to get rid of that move cause it doesn't do damage?"

Optimal Pokemon strategy is a Charizard with Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Spin and Fire Blast and you will never convince me otherwise.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Waffleman_ posted:

Played a bit of Wanted: Dead

hey this game's kinda cool

Stefanie Joosten might've picked up some influences from Kojima Productions

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Let’s say you’re putting together a raid party. You have room for one more rando. You advertize, and get simultaneous responses from these four players. Who do you invite?

1) Zephiroth Gainsboro
2) Gokulord Weedlord
3) Asdf Asdf
4) Thisgame Suks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Optimal Pokemon strategy is a Blastoise with Water Gun, Bubble Beam, Surf, and Hydro Blast and you will never convince me otherwise.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s say you’re putting together a raid party. You have room for one more rando. You advertize, and get simultaneous responses from these four players. Who do you invite?

1) Zephiroth Gainsboro
2) Gokulord Weedlord
3) Asdf Asdf
4) Thisgame Suks

Weedlord bc sober ppl are super weird in games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1.) Larper edgelord that'll take things too seriously
2.) Taking the piss, might also have weed?
3.) Hiding something, probably a knife to stab you
4.) Dickhead that'll rules lawyer complain about everything

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Weedlord bc sober ppl are super weird in games.

at least 50/50 odds that Gokulord Weedlord has never taken so much as an aspirin

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

1) Zephiroth Gainsboro
2) Gokulord Weedlord
3) Asdf Asdf
4) Thisgame Suks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

at least 50/50 odds that Gokulord Weedlord has never taken so much as an aspirin

Would people really do that!? lie about bong hits online?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

not me, I love a good sip from the ol' bonger hahaha

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/videogamedeals/status/1776618476817277317

This game came out 4 years ago and Best Buy still apparently has enough of these collector's editions in their warehouses that now they're basically the price of the game at launch

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Optimal Pokemon strategy is a Charizard with Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Spin and Fire Blast and you will never convince me otherwise.

jeez, as a child i would at least make sure the moves were different types

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

I also saw an opinion piece saying that Dragon's Dogma 2's success despite its friction might mean the market is primed for a Dead Rising reboot that goes back to the systems of the first one, since it came from that same kinda era in Capcom's history where they were just trying things out.

God I wish. No opinion on 3 (because it didn't work on my machine for some reason and ran at 2fps), but 4 was a trainwreck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Black Mage loving pwns

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zokari posted:

jeez, as a child i would at least make sure the moves were different types

Some people are born elite 4 and others are born first gym lobby crew.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Right now im splitting my time between two games. When my son wants the computer I play Bloodborne and when he wants the tv I started up Overlord again. Haven't played that game in years.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Played a few hours of that Content Warning game with some friends last night. The concept is good, if not clearly inspired by Lethal Company, but the execution is pretty half baked, especially considering it's not early access. I'm glad I got it during the free day it was released.

The difficulty is a little too harsh. In Lethal Company I feel like I have a pretty good chance with most of the monsters or the turrets to get away or to evade them. On top of that it has multiple teirs of places you can go that are harder than others. But this game has too many monsters that are too dangerous immediately. The monsters either need to be toned down, or spread out into higher difficulty areas or something. I do really like the designs of the monsters and there seems to be a good amount of varied interesting monsters though. In the course of playing we encountered the weird snail man, the turret dog, the bomb throwing guy, some guy that I think was made out of ears?, one of those Half Life things that dangle from the roof and pull you up, a sentient iron maiden monster that I think works like a weeping angel, some giant creature that grabbed me and tossed me around until I died. I imagine there are other monsters we hadn't seen so while the variety is very cool, it's not as cool having several of those things thrown at you at once in the first level.

I kind of wish you were incentivized to keep filming even if you wont' survive. Like I wish the premise was that if no one comes back with the camera, an extraction team would go out and collect it and you could then watch. We had a pretty good run where I died from that said large monster, but got it all on film. So my friend grabbed the camera and managed to escape with it so we got a lot of good footage and the audience seemed to like my death. However we had several runs where all of us died because of a particularly nasty combo of monsters and then all we can do is go to bed, and that happened way more than us returning with footage so the game quickly lost its charm to us. Lethal Company gets a pass, for now, for not having much visual variety in the environments but if this game isn't going to be sold as Early Access, then it needs way more variety in the locations. The oxygen meter isn't really too different from Lethal Company simply having a timer to get back to the ship before it takes off, but the oxygen goes out way faster than Lethal Company's timer.

Content Warning just kind of doesn't hit quite as well as Lethal Company, and I think that's a problem when Lethal Company is the early access game and Content Warning isn't. It just feels like an unfinished game that's still in alpha. There's potential there but it doesn't really reach it.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Started DS2. Game rules. I am so glad there are NPCs who actually have things to say, even if it's "lol what an idiot, you are so hosed". Found some guys in the castle courtyard just waling away at a tree, pretty messed up. Now a guy with a cool owl friend is chopping my head off repeatedly :mad:

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Have spent a bit more time with Dune Imperium this week and yeah, it's very good! If you like resource juggling card / board games then this is definitely a fine choice. Dipped back into Balatro as well for a quick session and that's still fantastic too. Guess I just love card games.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Muscle Tracer posted:

Started DS2. Game rules. I am so glad there are NPCs who actually have things to say, even if it's "lol what an idiot, you are so hosed". Found some guys in the castle courtyard just waling away at a tree, pretty messed up. Now a guy with a cool owl friend is chopping my head off repeatedly :mad:

There is an owl in dead space 2?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Shard posted:

There is an owl in dead space 2?

They're talking about Dungeon Siege 2.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Dasassin's Screed 2

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

frytechnician posted:

Have spent a bit more time with Dune Imperium this week and yeah, it's very good! If you like resource juggling card / board games then this is definitely a fine choice. Dipped back into Balatro as well for a quick session and that's still fantastic too. Guess I just love card games.

I have the board game and it's pretty fun. Does it have the Uprising version of the game or any of the expansions?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Danimal Srossing 2

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Muscle Tracer posted:

Glad to hear there's a game worth playing Death Stranding 2

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Jay Rust posted:

1) Zephiroth Gainsboro
2) Gokulord Weedlord
3) Asdf Asdf
4) Thisgame Suks

Its 1). 2) is close but they were unimaginative enough to have "lord" twice in their name. da fucks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lwSXSOzRjk&hd=1

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Slice & Dice is going to cost me my job and home.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Subjunctive posted:

Slice & Dice is going to cost me my job and home.

Turn on the in-game clock.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i like this meme because they literally point at the chest and mark it on the map for you when they say this. more chests for me

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pleasantly surprised that parasyte: the grey's actually not too shabby. didn't think it was possible for them to make the goofy bugeye parasyte design work for realistic CGI, but they hit a nice degree of stylization that doesn't look too out of place

i think it'd actually make a halfway decent concept for some kind of limited open world game where you're trying to avoid getting whacked by parasytes blending into the crowd

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Muscle Tracer posted:

who’s the guy with the owl friend

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

who’s the guy with the owl friend

the pursuer, although it's admittedly hard to tell it's an eagle and not an owl from the limited glimpses you get

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
oh yeah i forgot he gets bird-dropped into the arena. he’s a real menace on a first playthrough.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i figured it was the same giant raven from dark souls 1

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Started playing Pentiment today, binged 5 hours of it already, is awesome :D

I read the Name of the Rose last year and loved it. The influences are pretty clear (and the straight reference to it got a good chuckle out of me), really looking forward to seeing where this goes!

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Jolo posted:

I have the board game and it's pretty fun. Does it have the Uprising version of the game or any of the expansions?

Nope, just the base game Imperium version for now with it's Ix expansion coming later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vermain posted:

the pursuer, although it's admittedly hard to tell it's an eagle and not an owl from the limited glimpses you get

could it be an eagle owl