Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

There's always that one guy who falls because too many GMs want to get cute with their own picks and then the other GMs just assume he was taken already and don't notice he's still available.

Latham was in my "he'll probably be gone before #30" list, so I had to look him up a bit before pulling the trigger to make sure he wasn't a late faller or the wrong fit or something. That's the Ravens for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Some people worry that JC Latham is a bit sluggish, with slow feet, and looked better in college than he will in the league. Not helped by the fact that he declined to do the standard athletic tests in the combine and his pro day. You figure there must be a reason for that so I get where they're coming from.

Really depends on what you want him for, and if there were a perfect team for him, it would be the Ravens. The team that drafted Daniel Faalele and Orlando Brown Jr. They love their big dudes and their running scheme makes it work for them, they're not trying to get their tackles running all over the field.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Feel like I heard that about Trent Williams

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

So the dude who started at Alablama and hasn't missed one game in two years and is just pure Pro Bowl material from day one goes after Mims, who breaks his legs getting off the couch.

I'll be honest, I assumed that Latham had already gone and Mims was the only OT who fell.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ham you’ll never been forgiven for this

Who would you have taken

Barton, but Dejean and Murphy would both be tempting.

I will not forgive myself

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

You'll take the guy I saw attributed to the Dolphins in the first mock I found, and you'll like it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

Feel like I heard that about Trent Williams

Trent Williams lit up the combine big time where Latham was a DNP. Trent was also like 40 pounds lighter coming out.

That's assuming google is correct, is JC Latham really 360 pounds? If so drat that's a big ole boi

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
poo poo, y'all blew through some picks while I was at work, huh? Give me a minute.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wow. 3 of the last 4 picks were my crushes.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Laddy to KC is infuriating. Do not allow mahomes to have a welker.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
All the other consensus first round O-linemen and DBs were off the board, and I didn't love the fit of the D-linemen available either, so without the ability to trade I made the best of what was left. I do think Guyton can work in Shanahan's zone blocking scheme though, and he could start out on the right side during the last year or two of Trent Williams' run and potentially move to the left side depending on how he adapts to the pros.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Laddy to KC is infuriating. Do not allow mahomes to have a welker.

Knowing KC's WR luck, he will have as many concussions as drops and 1 catch (to win the Super Bowl).

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I couldn’t pull the trigger on Worthy as a first rounder. I really wanted a tackle to drop there but was happy with Ladd.

Really don’t know how we will draft since we don’t need D-Line for once and won’t get another McDuffie level slide.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone failed here but i hope the teams make sure to draft 12 wrs in the first round in real life so that the chiefs only win the super bowl really boringly again

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

First round in the books, possibly in record time? I'm too lazy to go back and check, so let's say it was!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

ShakeZula posted:

First round in the books, possibly in record time? I'm too lazy to go back and check, so let's say it was!

Usain Bolt is left scratching his head in the dust

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I hope you jerks enjoy your 2nd rounders :mad:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why what happened to yours?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Round 1 recep:

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Bad GM

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Look at all them OL :hfive:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't want to talk about it.....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao McConkey one pick before Carolina.

Even in the mock draft we’re hosed.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

They should draft Johnny Wilson because the visual of him standing next to Bryce in the huddle would be hilarious.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Look at all them OL :hfive:

No guards, only one center! Boo!

Also no ILBs, no RBs, no safeties. 2 interior defensive linemen, one tight end.

Very lopsided draft

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At least one of those tackles is going to play guard in the NFL.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

trevorreznik posted:

No guards, only one center! Boo!

Also no ILBs, no RBs, no safeties. 2 interior defensive linemen, one tight end.

Very lopsided draft

Barton is an IOL in the NFL.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sorry, I apparently really needed sleep, I'll make the Panthers pick in a few minutes

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Sorry, I apparently really needed sleep, I'll make the Panthers pick in a few minutes

No rush, you still have 18 hours or so on your clock.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

wandler20 posted:

Round 1 recep:

This looks not bad as far as "professional mockers" are concerned

Biggest reach is Jags picking powers at 17

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I waffled back and forth between Coleman and Worthy a lot but I think Bryce needs a more reliable (and visible) target than Worthy, who's speed I'm not sure he could even take full advantage of anyway.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

This looks not bad as far as "professional mockers" are concerned

Biggest reach is Jags picking powers at 17

Yeah tbh it looks darn good. Especially because we are operating under the assumption of no trades.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?or...26ovl%3DGeorgia

Ladd has a funny RAS. But he’s fast and can catch footballs from Mr Mahomes.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I picked a big boy who is 6'4" and 366 pounds and runs a 5.2 in the 40 yard dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNGuS7Xrf7I

Edit: If I was the actual GM, I would probably trade back here. The Patriots need a CB, OT, QB, TE, and a RB. I didn't love any CB or QB enough to go with that position here. I felt like it was too early to start drafting TEs and RBs. The Patriots have an ok DL already, but given the number of WRs, CBs, OTs, and QBs that had been picked already, I wanted to get my hands on a DT to help out on early downs.

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 6, 2024

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I'm rooting for our beloved big guy. Wonder what weight he ends up playing at because it's not gonna be 366.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Anderson Koopa posted:

I picked a big boy who is 6'4" and 366 pounds and runs a 5.2 in the 40 yard dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNGuS7Xrf7I

I thought he would slip until Rd 3, but that is high. I won't complain, though; he will be great.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

I hope you Panther bros pick Ricky Ricky with Pick 39 because he is the only other elite separater WR left.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I assumed you meant an offensive tackle for New England :v: Sweat seems cool and good though as long as he can keep his playing weight under like, 400

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Docjowles posted:

I assumed you meant an offensive tackle for New England :v: Sweat seems cool and good though as long as he can keep his playing weight under like, 400

I know the Packers were taking a good-rear end look at him since he has run-blocking abilities galore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Docjowles posted:

We still need an Offensive Tackle, I just liked Sweat there more for our defensive line. Plus the division collectively has some questionable IOL play.