Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

nike literally belaboured the point that the colour scheme they used for the tiny collar flag was based on the 1966 training shirt, but as it turns out colour gradients are gay woke nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nuclear Spoon posted:

going to the upcoming unison health conference next week. any tips or suggestions

Get drunk

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kecske posted:

nike literally belaboured the point that the colour scheme they used for the tiny collar flag was based on the 1966 training shirt, but as it turns out colour gradients are gay woke nonsense
Yeah but nobody listened to Nike because the culture war narrative that the entire England team were bi had already flooded the zone with bullshit.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Pitch for a new episode of Black Mirror.

In the future, every day the Social Media post with the most votes gets enacted into Law.

This exact post ends up winning one of the days.

Que the government constructing a gallows and noose around the Nike building.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

smellmycheese posted:

Fun facts: I’ve actually met the pope too and my wife has kissed his ring

Guavanaut posted:

Which one?

(In context obvs 'which specific Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church', but in light of whatever gutter the thread is lying in feel free to assume 'which ring' or worse)

Which wife

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The one that has just bankrupted me unfortunately

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Reform have been culling some of their more extreme members, which is alienating a lot of the right wing 'free speech' patriots. lol

https://twitter.com/WGthink/status/1776647030087037231

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Did we have all this poo poo with the '05 shirts?

The shirt for the 2012 Euros had loads of little St George crosses around the shoulders in different colours, including purple. And the training jacket had a multi-coloured cross on the back of the collar. The designer even said that "‘The traditional red cross is still present alongside blue and green ones, which are colours present in the official england team crest. These have been joined by a purple cross, a blend of all the three previous colours to accentuate diversity. The conceptual change visually reflects modern England in a noticeable step forward from the current all white kit."

But because 2012 was effectively a different century in terms of culture war and political gravitas, no one cared and we didn't get Cameron and Miliband going in front of the cameras to compete for how miffed they could be about it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I briefly though that man was wearing an adult sized tweed onesie.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

going to the upcoming unison health conference next week. any tips or suggestions

I would ask about what they feel about what the Labour manifesto may mean for the NHS, if anything on pay will be done sooner and how they feel screwing over the RCN.

Oh and get drunk.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He was too Islamophobic for Reform. I wonder if Lozza will give him an invite to Reclaim instead?

https://twitter.com/StanVoWales/status/1776679228873855422

Who am I kidding? Keith is going to give him a front bench position

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Starbucks posted:

I would ask about what they feel about what the Labour manifesto may mean for the NHS, if anything on pay will be done sooner and how they feel screwing over the RCN.

Oh and get drunk.

i do intend to tell as many people as possible how much i hate wes streeting

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

smellmycheese posted:

Can you sue the Pope?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Starbucks posted:

Looked up Bristol Central and it existed before and had this lovely lady there

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_Bathurst,_Lady_Apsley

I am glad she wasn’t elected. Just shows what Tories would do if they could.

what a rotten old bag

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

Can you sue the Pope?
You'd need a higher authority to preside.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

https://electionresults.parliament.uk/election/2016-05-05/results/Location/Constituency/Upper%20Bann

Dude was last place, and lost his deposit with 0.4% of the vote.

So can't understand why Rishi isn't taking this high flyer on board and immediately putting him in the front benches.

lol having Conservative candidates here these last 10 years or so (?) has been pretty drat funny

their candidates are such hopelessly delusional freaks of nature

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Nenonen posted:

Can you sue the Pope?

Can His Holiness be sued? A Wisconsin man recently became the latest alleged sex abuse victim to sue Pope Benedict XVI and the Vatican. But the Vatican is a sovereign nation, and — as its head of state — the pope is often considered immune from such suits under international law.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can His Holiness be sued? A Wisconsin man recently became the latest alleged sex abuse victim to sue Pope Benedict XVI and the Vatican. But the Vatican is a sovereign nation, and — as its head of state — the pope is often considered immune from such suits under international law.

Then we'll just have to wait

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

My interest was because I know someone who was at a small conference and met her up close, and she said Anne smelled of a mixture of boiled cabbage, mothballs and stale sweat. I was just curious if that was an off day or the norm.

Look in your heart mate. You know the answer

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Beefeater1980 posted:

My best guess at what Starmer would do in office is try to govern as if this was a continuation of the Blair government except with total incompetents in charge.

Specifically I think this would look like:
* No independent foreign policy. Follow the US lead whatever that is from time to time. Bomb who they bomb, shun who they shun etc.
* Increase public spending (people here tend to talk as if the Blair government cut spending: it actually rose from about £400m in 1997 to about £750M in 2013 in real terms, i.e. after inflation, then very slowly fell until 2018 or so). Source
* Mostly avoid culture wars; when forced to take a view, try to be in line with the general public, who are slightly conservative.
* Be quite authoritarian. Promote and support the police, expand monitoring, default to any position that gives the state more information and control relative to the individual citizen….

…Just handled by people who are completely broke-brained by social media, who have never lived in a world where they had to interact with physical reality and who are governing a much poorer country with a lot fewer levers to pull on to change things.

That all sounds right, wierdly the alt-right think Starmer will cut immigration in an 'only Nixon could go to China' type way. You're right that the Blair government doesn't get enough credit for welfare/infrastructure spending but economic circumstances now are different, you can only free up revenue if you're willing to fight powerful interest groups.

I just hate this kind of description of policy as though wasted opportunity costs aren't a thing. That we're going to suffer 5 more years of systematic growth in inequality is just assumed, it feels like 'Starmers government will not address capital capture and it's negative consequences' should be the defining point.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've been trying threads, and to some extend it's nice not to have to deal with an entire feed of howling derangement, but also its politics side is just wall-to-wall shitlib nonsense.

Threads, Bluesky, Mastodon 2.0 etc were all doomed to failure because they were so obviously a culture war response to Musk buying Twitter. The only users that jumped on were the shitlibs, they defined the culture and ruined it. Same as what happened with Truth Social, but from the right that time. If you haven't tried Telegram give that a go.

sebzilla posted:

Do a wicked sick kickflip entryism on the Greens

The Greens are immune to entryism, the leadership have internal admin positions absolutely locked down. It's why they're so comfortable with cranks in the membership, Green members are functionally just paypigs. Members pretending they're involved in something meaningful to support a leadership pretending it's serious about change.

Rarity posted:

Wtf that's me? Are you saying my vote... matters???

Proportional representation would mean every vote matters! And it would shake up the FPTP policy blockages!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Just so you know this really made me laugh, as awful as your situation is. Hope you’re okay mate

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Paladinus posted:

Please, do not post your AI-generated erotica in this thread. Or any thread.

backseat modding :ohdear:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Goatse James Bond posted:

backseat modding :ohdear:

well, they did say please

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lee Anderson asked for local volunteers to meet him outside a supermarket to help him canvass for his new party. A very diverse crowd of people answered his call:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Has he found his country yet?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Guavanaut posted:

No Country For Old Men

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

where shall we take the photo? yeah this seems fine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I drove past a sign the other day, handpainted outside someone's house, something to the effect of "where has my country gone?"

Couldn't help but parse it as a confused plea for help.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
One week you are sitting within two or three seats of the ruler of the country, news channels wanting your opinion on everything, you could call up any country in the world to speak on behalf of the UK, and they would actually answer.
The next week you are posing with the local dogging scene.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jakabite posted:

Just so you know this really made me laugh, as awful as your situation is. Hope you’re okay mate

ProTip: Never take your wife to Las Vegas

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lee Anderson has the saddest looking office I've ever seen.

There are a couple of pros though. It's good to see he has the Aloe Vera hand lotion next to his monitor, because I've heard that excessive typing can give you dry hands. I also like that he's focussing on security and taken into account GDPR by positioning his laptop so that nobody else can see what's on the screen.

I have no idea why he needs so many elastic bands though

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 6, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
JUST WONT ME CUNTEH BACK

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

Lee Anderson asked for local volunteers to meet him outside a supermarket to help him canvass for his new party. A very diverse crowd of people answered his call:

would they not allow him to take this photo in front of the supermarket?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

crispix posted:

would they not allow him to take this photo in front of the supermarket?
I guess not. I only knew it was a supermarket from the 4th photo in the tweet

He looks so unhappy :allears:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

nice to see the thumb there though

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I guess he's lost his CCHQ funded photographer recently. lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

fuctifino posted:

Lee Anderson has the saddest looking office I've ever seen.

There are a couple of pros though. It's good to see he has the Aloe Vera hand lotion next to his monitor, because I've heard that excessive typing can give you dry hands. I also like that he's focussing on security and taken into account GDPR by positioning his laptop so that nobody else can see what's on the screen.

I have no idea why he needs so many elastic bands though

I wonder what's in that letter / article that he's reading? Computer, enhance.

Narrator: computer enhanced but it was all blurry.

That looks a bit like our work offices - just a blank serviced office. But ours is full of stacks of crap & we put a couple of pics on the walls.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

looks like a police interview room

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

His constituency office is in this place - https://www.ashfield-hub.com/, and he hasn't moved since he was elected in 2019, so he's been there for over 4 years. I'm just blown away by the complete lack of personalisation anywhere in his corner. There's not a single photo, momento or anything.... Just masturbation lotion, a laptop and a mountain of DIY cock rings elastic bands.

I expected his office to look more like this:

but instead we get

NotJustANumber99 posted:

looks like a police interview room

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I would have expected at least some flags, a stuffed Churchill dog, some replica oil painting of a colonialism man, some bayonets, anything like that.

You can't make getting are country back your whole personality and then work from a premier inn business suite. At least put a print of The Hay Wain and a half eaten bacon sandwich in your office.