Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Sydin posted:

Cackling at transitioning into the deadly premonition music after the big epic monologue.

I had no idea the Dear Esther people made one of the Amnesia games, how wild.

i finally understand why machine for pigs sucks so loving bad. i feel like a third eye opened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i dont think quinton deserves the tallerico or somerton treatment, thats a nuclear option for serial offenders of human moral decency. not a guy who sucks at his inconsequential job/hobby.

like the appropriate reaction to quinton is just to make fun of ppl who watch his poo poo and pay for it lol. like the reason why unqualified people position themselves as educational authorities is because they want to be perceived as intelligent people, even or esp if they are not. but the people who watch these ego driven projects? hopeless lol

fun hater fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 6, 2024

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

fun hater posted:

i dont think quinton deserves the tallerico or somerton treatment, thats a nuclear option for serial offenders of human moral decency. not a guy who sucks at his inconsequential job/hobby.

like the appropriate reaction to quinton is just to make fun of ppl who watch his poo poo and pay for it lol. like the reason why unqualified people position themselves as educational authorities is because they want to be perceived as intelligent people, even or esp if they are not. but the people who watch these ego driven projects? hopeless lol

Yeah quinton is not actively hurting anyone or stealing from them, he's just making boring poo poo which isn't a crime.

Also what happened with that stuff about him underpaying/exploiting editors, it seemed to fizzle out right quick.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i can not read "a machine for pigs" without thinking of the "center for ants" scene from zoolander

I always think it’s a NIN album.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

a machine for pigs but its a little pig sized scrubber that cleans them up and makes them happy :)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

It’s a killdozer modified to be operable by a pig and the game is you drive around destroying CAFOs and freeing your pigple

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah quinton is not actively hurting anyone or stealing from them, he's just making boring poo poo which isn't a crime.

Also what happened with that stuff about him underpaying/exploiting editors, it seemed to fizzle out right quick.

If I remember the person who said so was a complete nut who kept hitting on him. So pretty much disregard. He don’t deserve that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I loving love every one of these "Babish tries a shitload of the same kind of food and rates them", he's damned funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVho4PLF6iE&hd=1

"these ones are shaped like little flaccid penises." *takes bite* "mmm, that's some good schlong"

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04_o3Pn7ULU
Thirty minute callout video exposing a cavalcade of imposters.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

John Murdoch posted:

I like Dear Esther.

Korsakovia was wild in ~2010 when I played it. I didn't realize they became the Amnesia folks.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

tracecomplete posted:

Korsakovia was wild in ~2010 when I played it. I didn't realize they became the Amnesia folks.

Nah, they just made the one game (A Machine for Pigs) for the franchise. Amnesia's otherwise been Frictional Games's thing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there was an interview with eurogamer years back where they admitted they were out of their league with AMfP as well. i remember them being especially abashed by how all the drawers and cabinets were locked shut

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ftr i think the bit about quinton hiring a teenager to edit his giant videos and not paying them that much is true, its the sexual creepiness/'exploitation' thats fake

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because quinton did say 'yeah thats my teenaged editor who got obsessed with me' which like, why are you letting 16 year olds edit your videos

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

because quinton did say 'yeah thats my teenaged editor who got obsessed with me' which like, why are you letting 16 year olds edit your videos

lol forgot about this

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hiring a teenager to edit my 16 hour video of icarly summaries nothing wrong here

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I thought the age difference was less than that (like Quinton was 21 and the editor was 19 and not literally still in highschool) but I also don't care enough to google "Quinton Reviews callout post"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mycot posted:

I also don't care enough to google "Quinton"

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

a machine for pigs but its a little pig sized scrubber that cleans them up and makes them happy :)

A Machine for Pggies,

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 6, 2024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

everybody's gone to the rapture is a good game except for its criminally slow movement speed

weirdest thing the chinese room made was Little Orpheus which was a Limbo-style 2.5D platformer

i mean I guess they're making VTM Bloodlines 2 right now but I don't think that much of the original Chinese Room team is there anymore, and also that game is cursed no matter who touches it

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hiring a teenager to edit my 16 hour video of icarly summaries nothing wrong here

Thinking about this, it sounds like legitimate psychological torture; even assuming minimal edits you'd still have to listen to dozens of hours of recordings, possibly multiple times, in order to edit a single video of this length

No wonder this person became obsessed with Quinton, they probably had a borderline nervous breakdown listening to his voice for those long stretches of time, it's more like digital Stockholm Syndrome than anything else

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

ftr i think the bit about quinton hiring a teenager to edit his giant videos and not paying them that much is true, its the sexual creepiness/'exploitation' thats fake

the amount of famous/notable people who think messaging teens on social media is fine and acceptable is wild, some GoT actor got accused of sexting a 16 year old, hired his own forensic auditor to look into it to prove she fabricated the texts, and then casually insists their real snapchat/discord/whatever messages were perfectly normal communications between a famous actor and a devoted fan.

I would just assume that as a famous person you would not want to be having private chats with fans over messaging services because you have better things to do.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Also hasn't Quinton gone through multiple editors at this point because he underpays and overworks them? I seem to remember him being sad because he got called out on that by Dan Olsen, of all people. My understanding is that the sexual harassment accusations against Quinton were bunk, but he is also not treating his editors very well from a professional standpoint.

I think the tragic irony of Quinton's pivot to doing infinite sitcom recaps is that while he's seen noticeable success from the perspective of views and subscribers, he doesn't seem particularly happy? These videos seem to be absolute nightmares to work on even with him outsourcing the editing to teenage fans, and it seems like he's got some major anxieties about keeping the view train a'rolling. It's a classic case where someone gets so hung up on being a successful Youtuber that they completely lose track of why they wanted to be a Youtuber in the first place.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I get the sneaking suspicion Quinton is depressed when his videos have 30 minute detours where he goes over how depressed and anxious he is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i liked quinton's videos on the history channel and the paul is dead conspiracy and some of his fallen titans videos. it's a shame he got consumed by the algorithm.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

A little video on some apocalyptic numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LkBwCSMsX4

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

The 7th Guest posted:

also that game is cursed no matter who touches it

VTMB2 is indeed excessively cursed. please do NOT touch VTMB2 you will most assuredly regret it!!!!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i am no longer interested in quintontalk, not because i think we're being too mean to him but because i genuinely don't think there's anything else to say about him beyond "videos too long, who watches this, wikipedia readalongs, overworks editors, looks pretty unhappy" and i don't think that merits 5 pages of the same points whenever he's brought up

"GOD FORBID PEOPLE TALK ABOUT CONTENT CREATORS IN THE CONTENT CREATORS THR"ok. fine. still too much.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The 7th Guest posted:

i mean I guess they're making VTM Bloodlines 2 right now but I don't think that much of the original Chinese Room team is there anymore, and also that game is cursed no matter who touches it

I've been watching preview stuff and some of the developer updates on it. It has the potential to be "mid" I suppose, but you can tell they're just barely finishing things ahead of new preview footage, and I wonder how much they'll be able to polish the writing, animations, and physics before the release even with as many corners as possible cut. So like, optimally it might wind up a janky-but-interesting-mess like The Sinking City. Or it might just be a mess like the Call of Cthulhu video game.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

wizard2 posted:

VTMB2 is indeed excessively cursed. please do NOT touch VTMB2 you will most assuredly regret it!!!!

my friend pre-ordered me this game when it was first announced and there was a glimmer of possibility that it would be good. its going to suck sooooooo bad lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The entire genre of "finding and reacting to cringe stuff from TikTok" can get extremely cringe in-and-of-itself, but Jarvis Johnson is up there with ChadChad in terms of being able to elevate it into something actually entertaining...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKfASH0J5o

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The 7th Guest posted:

everybody's gone to the rapture is a good game except for its criminally slow movement speed

I kind of hated that game for that same reason, and it was even worse because the maps were too big.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

fun hater posted:

my friend pre-ordered me this game when it was first announced and there was a glimmer of possibility that it would be good. its going to suck sooooooo bad lol

I have been gifted both Star Citizen ships and Hunie Pop by goons. I am beyond cursed, lol.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Sydin posted:

I have been gifted both Star Citizen ships and Hunie Pop by goons. I am beyond cursed, lol.

waa waa waa my online friends insist I explore the cosmos in style with a bunch of hot babes

cry me a freaking river, doofus :rolleye:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

fun hater posted:

my now deceased brother pre-ordered it for me in 2019, so i am honor bound to play it regardless.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

wizard2 posted:

waa waa waa my online friends insist I explore the cosmos in style with a bunch of hot babes

cry me a freaking river, doofus :rolleye:

The hot babes were fine, the fake space ships were not.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

i am no longer interested in quintontalk, not because i think we're being too mean to him but because i genuinely don't think there's anything else to say about him beyond "videos too long, who watches this, wikipedia readalongs, overworks editors, looks pretty unhappy" and i don't think that merits 5 pages of the same points whenever he's brought up

"GOD FORBID PEOPLE TALK ABOUT CONTENT CREATORS IN THE CONTENT CREATORS THR"ok. fine. still too much.

It's either that, or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApkfVoFgpKg

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

All I know about Quinton is, wow that's one hell of a bit huh

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpIl2e99rY4

Let us talk about video games and the completely non-controversial topic of dumbing them down for the masses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Archer666 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpIl2e99rY4

Let us talk about video games and the completely non-controversial topic of dumbing them down for the masses

This guy is stupid and the video is a mess.