Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

JediTalentAgent posted:

The hardest thing Picard had to do was figure out what "Ralph, a viking when he sleeps!" means. Also, figure out how these aliens have vikings.

I think you watched a parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

That DICK! posted:

Just saw “The Jerk.” Now I’m scrolling past your post

He hates these cans posts!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

heard u like girls posted:

This is how Tanagra felt when the walls fell

heard u like girls posted:

Captain they appear to be speaking in gibberish, they use 'of' instead of 've' and it scrambles our translators

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

what if "darmok and jalad and tanagra" was just a pickup line

edit: tanagra means "manhole"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Isn't it?

Did Mike ever talk about Darmok in an episode yet? I want to see how his brain malfunctions trying to discern metaphors while freaking out that the translator is using English words.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Arc Hammer posted:

Isn't it?

Did Mike ever talk about Darmok in an episode yet? I want to see how his brain malfunctions trying to discern metaphors while freaking out that the translator is using English words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs13fJuP0F4

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Isn't it?

He sure did and it sure did!

around the 47 min mark they cover it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
glad Mike is using his millions to buy and destroy priceless hollywood props. get that bag

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2s0yrRSouI

Watch this show, it is fun watch right now, don't walk, run!

this is probably the closest anyone has ever gotten to getting me to watch disnine

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

they should do a feature where mike just tries to remember the plot of movies he's seen. not even just best of the worst trash, either. I'd like to see him try to wrestle with apocalypse now or chinatown

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

they should do a feature where mike just tries to remember the plot of movies he's seen. not even just best of the worst trash, either. I'd like to see him try to wrestle with apocalypse now or chinatown

that is elder abuse

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

not saying i wouldn’t watch though

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

have freddie williams draw concept art of his descriptions

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make it an animated series and call it Spitballs

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Do you think Mike owns, and lives in, the House on the Rock?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I prefer to imagine that Mike, Jay, and Rich all live in a previously-unseen room at the studio and they all sleep in bunk beds like the Monkees did.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Mordja posted:

Do you think Mike owns,

yeah

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So apparently lovely AI George Carlin (who was not actually AI writing) was bad enough, now there is this:

https://youtu.be/zxpBRnvjoJ4

Note before the torches come out, it is apparently a horribly late april fools thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/AndorFiles/status/1776631180164833431

Hey kids lets take the Star Tours to the murder prison!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

Hey kids lets take the Star Tours to the murder prison!

Hey all! Is the murder prison attraction any good? It's been open a while now, so I tried to look up any reviews but no ones that been to it so far seems to of posted any for some reason. :(

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Walt would've been down to put kids in a murder prison

well, some kids anyway

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

jeeves posted:

So apparently lovely AI George Carlin (who was not actually AI writing) was bad enough, now there is this:

https://youtu.be/zxpBRnvjoJ4

Note before the torches come out, it is apparently a horribly late april fools thing.

I don't get the comparison? From some brief skimming it looks like the guy (who I actually know of from when he used to do Total Warhammer videos) just mashed together a bunch of RLM clips to suit the gag, no AI devilry here.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Didn't know those military nerds are fans of RLM.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

dr_rat posted:

Hey all! Is the murder prison attraction any good? It's been open a while now, so I tried to look up any reviews but no ones that been to it so far seems to of posted any for some reason. :(
It's shockingly good

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Andor is fantastic I'm really glad they highlighted it instead of dismissing it out of hand as more star wars drek.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Do they even know that the same guy who directed Rogue One made this show?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

glad Mike is using his millions to buy and destroy priceless hollywood props. get that bag

it's praxis really. The old must be destroyed to make way for the new

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Mike is slowly destroying artifacts of the old Hollywood he cherished while slowly destroying himself (with booze), it’s like poetry, it rhymes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Do they even know that the same guy who directed Rogue One made this show?

Tony Gilroy is the guy who salvaged what he could from the original script of Rogue One and he directed Andor. Gareth Edwards only directed Rogue One and then stared at the guy who says "salt" in Last Jedi.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I still thought Rogue One was fine, but I wish they had toned down some of their choices like having Vader, CGI Tarkin and CGI Leia show up

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Darth Vader doing a glow stick rave dance while people hot potato the death star plans

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The last few minutes of that movie are what made me stop watching Star Wars anything. I don't think what happened before it was that bad but I also have zero memory of it anymore. Just Vader being a goofball and clay face Leia cgi saying the name of the next movie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still thought Rogue One was fine, but I wish they had toned down some of their choices like having Vader, CGI Tarkin and CGI Leia show up

It's all worth it for the big space battle/ground assault/infiltration ending.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I watched Miracle Mile tonight, you guys seen Miracle Mile? It's very good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Khanstant posted:

The last few minutes of that movie are what made me stop watching Star Wars anything. I don't think what happened before it was that bad but I also have zero memory of it anymore. Just Vader being a goofball and clay face Leia cgi saying the name of the next movie.

"These plans give us a new hope! Now we must act before the empire strikes back and pin our hopes on the return of the Jedi."

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Gripweed posted:

I watched this a few months ago and enjoyed it, very weird and I laughed pretty hard at the ending

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Miracle Mile is an absolutely world-class "go in completely blind" recommendation.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Crescent Wrench posted:

Miracle Mile is an absolutely world-class "go in completely blind" recommendation.

oh absolutely. If there's anyone in this thread who doesn't know what Miracle Mile is, watch it. Don't read the description. It's on Tubi, it's under 90 minutes, just watch it

https://tubitv.com/movies/486569/miracle-mile

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

oh absolutely. If there's anyone in this thread who doesn't know what Miracle Mile is, watch it. Don't read the description. It's on Tubi, it's under 90 minutes, just watch it

Plus it's got a Trek actor! </stoklasa>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Gripweed posted:

you see, it's times like now, when you have an honest recommendation, that you realize you shouldn't cry 'madame webb'