Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Hihohe posted:

I ... just posted that in the last page

But yeah Holm and his sister is cute.

I missed it, my bad

Was this one also posted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sander posted:

I missed it, my bad

Was this one also posted?

I love this one, kabru really is rolling max CHA in his build

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are Kabru, Kiki, Kaka, and Shuro also tall men (tall man? Tall people? Tall folk?)

Yes. Tallmen would include all varieties of humans from our world.

The races in the series are (these have all have appeared already but spoilered just in case):

Humans:
Tallman, elf, dwarf, gnome, half-foot

Demi-human:
Orc, ogre, kobold

Do note that the human-demihuman categorization is from the setting itself and is subject to the characters' and cultures' biases.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 6, 2024

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Regarding Kabru's treatment of the corpse hunters, the moment when the leader offered Kabru the 2 wounded men to kill and bring back to the revival shop was pretty much the moment their fates was sealed because prior to that Kabru just said he was going to report this to the governor.

That act showed that:
1) They have 0 interest in reforming or even practicing enlightened self interest and cutting that poo poo out
2) They are transparently trying to make Kabru complicit in their skullduggery while trying to frame it as an act of goodwill and therefore
3) Are trying to neutralise Kabru as a potential threat to their shady operations. (Because if he did participate then he can't report them without drawing heat on himself too)

As a team that already tried killing them all even when Kabru wasn't a threat to their cash flow, there's nothing stopping them from trying that poo poo again or even more insidiously, if Kabru ever teamwipes again this group now has all the incentive in the world to dump them into a random alcove and pretend they were never found.

Regardless how self-righteous Kabru is, at that point getting rid of them is frankly just self-preservation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still want to see their ghosts kill Kabru and crew just to keep their losing streak going.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Arc Hammer posted:

I still want to see their ghosts kill Kabru and crew just to keep their losing streak going.

Kabru Pacman...

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Here's a thought experiment: How would Laios and the others fare if they had been the ones who encountered the corpse retrievers? Would they have fallen for the illusion and killed each other? How would they have dealt with the corpse retrievers? Would they even get away without a fight?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Laois would attempt anti-fishman tactics and when they didn’t react like fishmen, he would know.

Marcille could turn them into statues and report them to the authorities. You know she knows how to.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

amigolupus posted:

Here's a thought experiment: How would Laios and the others fare if they had been the ones who encountered the corpse retrievers? Would they have fallen for the illusion and killed each other? How would they have dealt with the corpse retrievers? Would they even get away without a fight?

I feel like all of them would have seen through it in there own weird ways. Laios for example would not fall for the fake rear end looking fishmen.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Laios would have kissed a fishman for real.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

laios would immediately tell by the posture of the fishmen that something was up and quickly figure it out
chilchuck would run away
senshi would wait to see if the fishmen were hostile, giving laios time to work the situation out and get everyone on the same page
marcille would immediately cast an explosion spell, killing all of them

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

dublish posted:

Laios would have kissed a fishman for real.

Not tactics. His internal dialogue is "I've got to shoot my shot!"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At the end of it Laios will go into excruciating detail about everything wrong with the illusionist's fishmen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don’t know if Laios would be able to figure it out. Fishmen are considered Demihumans instead of monsters. Like remember how Laios had no real interest in the Undine cause it was a spirit not a monster.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

laios was absolutely interested in the fishman and what it would taste like

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ninjewtsu posted:

laios was absolutely interested in the fishman and what it would taste like

He missed out on the caviar thanks to Chilchuck.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Laois internal dialogue: “wait, why aren’t I salivating…illusion magic!”

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ninjewtsu posted:

laios would immediately tell by the posture of the fishmen that something was up and quickly figure it out
chilchuck would run away
senshi would wait to see if the fishmen were hostile, giving laios time to work the situation out and get everyone on the same page
marcille would immediately cast an explosion spell, killing all of them

Laois would have done the same thing that Kabru did with Rin except instead of a kiss he'd shove roast monster in her mouth.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The more interesting question is how they’d deal with the corpse retrievers after the jig was up. I posit that Chilchuck would immediately go for killing their asses on the very practical basis that they’re loving up the whole system something fierce, but whether or not the rest of the gang would back him up (since he’s definitely not as good at murder as Kabru) is up for debate.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't think anyone in the Laios party has ever taken a human life

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Senshi has definitly looked a man in the eye as the light faded.
Look at this cold hard motherfucker

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Whenever I read "corpse retrievers" I think people are talking about some kind of zombie dog breed.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Fister Roboto posted:

Whenever I read "corpse retrievers" I think people are talking about some kind of zombie dog breed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWmbViBAxg

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

amigolupus posted:

Marcille would make one of her Marcille faces and the illusion would become obvious to all.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Rand Brittain posted:

Marcille would make one of her Marcille faces and the illusion would become obvious to all.

I have to draw this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

you should read the manga alongside watching the anime week to week. farewell.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Rand Brittain posted:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t know if Laios would be able to figure it out. Fishmen are considered Demihumans instead of monsters. Like remember how Laios had no real interest in the Undine cause it was a spirit not a monster.

Laois seems to consider Demi humans to be under the "monster" umbrella, remember how excited he got about wanting to eat that mermaid before Chilchuck punched him?

Perfect. No notes.

Laios would absolutely make mermaid gumbo if he could, it's lucky Marcille's facial expressions unmistakable in any form she takes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Why can't we make images as thread titles.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

perfection

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Oh my god. Art.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

:five:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The more interesting question is how they’d deal with the corpse retrievers after the jig was up. I posit that Chilchuck would immediately go for killing their asses on the very practical basis that they’re loving up the whole system something fierce, but whether or not the rest of the gang would back him up (since he’s definitely not as good at murder as Kabru) is up for debate.

Laios would go on a huge tangent whether or not illusion magic would do anything to make someone taste like an actual merman, prompting Chilchuck and Marcille to berate him that they are not eating humanoids. Meanwhile, Senshi offers the corpse retrievers to join them to eat the rest of the kraken parasite they have. The corpse retrievers then make awkward excuses to leave because they do not want to gently caress around with this pack of weirdoes.

I can already hear Emily Rudd making blubbing Marcille noises. :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I am in vacation but added to the OP