Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

ModeSix posted:

I'm having a real hard time with Trial of Equilibrium 5, really not great at the meta or min-maxing or figuring out that stuff, been having a blast with the game though.

I realize I am probably going to need to level up a few characters that I've neglected to complete the trial.

I've got a pretty good lineup of characters and wanted to get some input on who I should potentially use to get through things.

So my characters are:
Archeron
Dr. Ratio
Gepard
Natasha
March 7th
Dan Heng
Welt
Jing Yuan
Tingyun
Serval
Sushang
Yukong
Asta
Yanqing
Guinafen
Sampo
Pela
Hanya
Qingque
Herta
Xueyi
Hook
Arlan
Gallagher
Misha

Based on my list, how should I set up the teams to beat the Trial?

edit: it's Trial level 5, not 4 I am stuck on.

With that roster I'd say your best team is Acheron as your DPS, Pela for defense down (with Resolution Shines as Pearls of Sweat if you have it), either Guinafen or Welt since Acheron likes 2 Nihility, and either Gepard with the Trend of the Universal Market lightcone or Gallagher as sustain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the trials dont really have a time limit on them so just run gepard and natasha together and you should be able to survive anything so long as they're a decent level, then run guinafen or pela and acheron. make sure everyone's leveled and has their traces leveled, then give them the best relic stats you can. just focus on hp, defense, and energy regen for geppy and natasha, effect hit rate and atk for guinafen (just effect hit rate for pela), and attacking stats for acheron. don't worry about set bonuses or anything like that, or even making sure all the pieces are that good, just focus on main stats with one or two useful substats. make sure their lightcones are leveled too. if you have trends of the universal market, give it to gepard.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This Pure Fiction officially sucks donkey dick. gently caress you game.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah it's rough. I got 8 stars when I tried it, lol. I'll take another stab at it when it's about to end, but I don't think my planned stuff will help that much anyway. It's just a bad combo of buffs+enemies for me. If I remember right, they ratcheted up the difficulty on the previous PF, but that setup played well with my best teams, so I got 12 stars no problem.

Retrying PF is definitely not as much fun for me as retrying MoC, which is why I'm just going to try once more when it's ending.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meeko posted:

i would've thought by now they would've moved on but I guess either genshin fans like that more than i'd expect or mihoyo is just incredibly stubborn about it. granted maybe i just got unlucky and bumbled into a uncommon exception.

I think it's just more about "we have this hugely successful thing that works, not gonna shake that up too much." You can see it happening with HSR; they're starting to double down on the Trailblazer being a trash raccoon, and I imagine it'll only come up more and more down the line. Hell, they're doing a Lordly Trashcan event irl.

I imagine there's going to be some things that annoy HSR players that are never going to disappear, especially now that HSR is making the big bucks

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
rein it in a little with the trashcan jokes, we've still got plenty of real estate in competitive eating jokes. absolutely not another mention of the galactic baseballer but yes to all the incredibly embarrassing things we get to say in front of march 7th specifically

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I just want them to fully voice the trailblazer. They're doing it for HI3 part 2's protagonist and I was worried they'd be a mute. ZZZ's protagonists speak. I'd feel so much better if the main character actually talked.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

After playing Genshin for years I am glad the TB has some actual dialogue and agency at all. And I am still one of the rare Paimon Enjoyers.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

Yeah it's rough. I got 8 stars when I tried it, lol. I'll take another stab at it when it's about to end, but I don't think my planned stuff will help that much anyway. It's just a bad combo of buffs+enemies for me. If I remember right, they ratcheted up the difficulty on the previous PF, but that setup played well with my best teams, so I got 12 stars no problem.

Retrying PF is definitely not as much fun for me as retrying MoC, which is why I'm just going to try once more when it's ending.

I do a new attempt every couple of days. I'm sitting at 11/12, and my best attempts are around 58k. I even had one attempt where side 1 got to 38k, and I couldn't squeeze out 22 on the second half. It feels bad.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Meeko posted:

i'm trying to get back into genshin and thought "oh maybe they stopped doing the thing where they bombard me with a paragraph of text about random unimportant NPCs i don't care about because they will never come up again"

astonishingly, the currently ongoing event features two random unimportant NPCs i don't care about because they will never come up again and nobody else.

i would've thought by now they would've moved on but I guess either genshin fans like that more than i'd expect or mihoyo is just incredibly stubborn about it. granted maybe i just got unlucky and bumbled into a uncommon exception.

I'm not sure if Star Rail characters are inherently more interesting than Genshin ones but it is insane how much better Star Rail is at using its cast to endear you to them. A fairly minor Star Rail character like Hook probably has more onscreen (not including lorebooks or weapon descriptions or profile bios) characterization than most of the Genshin headliners.

mycot fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 6, 2024

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Endorph posted:

the trials dont really have a time limit on them so just run gepard and natasha together and you should be able to survive anything so long as they're a decent level, then run guinafen or pela and acheron. make sure everyone's leveled and has their traces leveled, then give them the best relic stats you can. just focus on hp, defense, and energy regen for geppy and natasha, effect hit rate and atk for guinafen (just effect hit rate for pela), and attacking stats for acheron. don't worry about set bonuses or anything like that, or even making sure all the pieces are that good, just focus on main stats with one or two useful substats. make sure their lightcones are leveled too. if you have trends of the universal market, give it to gepard.

This absolutely did it. Archeron, Gepard, Natasha with Welt. Welt was the only change to my standard team actually, I normally have Dr. Ratio in there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dr ratio and acheron both want other characters to debuff the enemy so putting them together with no debuffers on the team was probably the problem, nobody was feeding their gimmicks. welt does debuff so hes a good partner for acheron

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Bad Video Games posted:

I do a new attempt every couple of days. I'm sitting at 11/12, and my best attempts are around 58k. I even had one attempt where side 1 got to 38k, and I couldn't squeeze out 22 on the second half. It feels bad.

I did pela/sparkle/tingyun/argenti and himeko/ruan mei/kafka/black swan respectively, can’t remember your exact roster from posts except that you have argenti, himeko and Kafka. I could see subbing in hanya for sparkle, guinafen/gallagher for ruan mei and sampo/serval for bs. Team two in particular would have some problems with sp and would have to have basic attacks spammed by characters not named himeko or Kafka (I had to occasionally basic with himeko). I used the second buff for both parties and spammed argenti level one ult the whole time and got about 35k each. Don’t want to assume anything about how you are playing it but really just trying to get as many ults as possible, a lot of your damage is coming from shatter procs. Herta is obviously also an option but I never built her

Edit: honestly probably better recs to be had (asta for side two?) but I really do think support-buffed argenti side one and himeko and Kafka for two is a good setup

NBA FAN !!!!!!! fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 6, 2024

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Since you have both Acheron and Dr Ratio leveled, for now you can build up your supports around debuffing, and use either Acheron or Dr Ratio as the DPS depending on weaknesses. Might as well have them share until you need two full teams for Forgotten Hall/MoC.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bitching on the internet wins again! gently caress me, that was rough.

I don't have Acheron. That's what made it so difficult. If I had Acheron, I could have just thrown the Quantum set on her and completely wrecked poo poo.

First half was a consistent breeze. Argenti, Bronya, Sparkle, and Herta makes everything die.

I finally got enough points in the second half with Kafka, Hanya, Tingyun, and Himeko. The key was simply dropping Sampo for enough free dps and ult generation.

I'm scared for the next MoC.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Bad Video Games posted:

I’m stuck missing a star on the last stage. I was running an Argenti team and a Acheron team, and the Argenti team wasn’t pulling their weight. Granted I haven’t tried that many times but it’s annoying since he was supposed to be the PF guy and his hypercarry team is not performing (though maybe out of date - Argenti and Huohuo both r1 Hanya and Tingyun both e6)

Is this a skill issue thing or is there some less traditional team Argenti could use for the first half? I’m only getting like 24k on the first half, and second half was good enough to get me to like 57k total but I can’t seem to squeak out more.

E: my thread relies didn’t update - will try something like what nba fan suggested.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
that Adventurine fight was loving garbage.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

rio posted:

I’m stuck missing a star on the last stage. I was running an Argenti team and a Acheron team, and the Argenti team wasn’t pulling their weight. Granted I haven’t tried that many times but it’s annoying since he was supposed to be the PF guy and his hypercarry team is not performing (though maybe out of date - Argenti and Huohuo both r1 Hanya and Tingyun both e6)

Is this a skill issue thing or is there some less traditional team Argenti could use for the first half? I’m only getting like 24k on the first half, and second half was good enough to get me to like 57k total but I can’t seem to squeak out more.

E: my thread relies didn’t update - will try something like what nba fan suggested.

The trick for me was having 2 dps on each team, but one needed to be skill point positive and "free". Basically, Herta and Himeko. Also, Argenti should be constantly spamming his ult. I did hold the first one until it was at full energy because it let me take out both generals simultaneously, but after that, I just popped his ult every time it was available. It's probably a bit harder without Bronya or Sparkle, but it shouldn't be impossible to break 30k.

Edit: I just did your team but subbed in Herta for Huo Huo. I ended up doing a bit over 33k. My Tingyun and Hanya both have 4 PC Messenger sets. It should be doable.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 7, 2024

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
I only hit 56k once and I have no idea how I did since most of my runs are sub 50K. I've tried various permutations of Clara and/or Herta teams on first and premium DoT team on second half and I can't break 30k on either side.

Really feels like the game is demanding I either have at least one of: Argenti, Himeko, Acheron, Jingliu, or just have perfect relics on Herta or Clara. Sucks.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i still can't beat the last pure fiction let alone this one. much like genshin, i have come to terms that i am not good at the game

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

librarerun posted:

Really feels like the game is demanding I either have at least one of: Argenti, Himeko, Acheron, Jingliu, or just have perfect relics on Herta or Clara. Sucks.

Yeah, that hurts. At least Jingliu is coming up if you want her.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i still can't beat the last pure fiction let alone this one. much like genshin, i have come to terms that i am not good at the game

Post your characters? Maybe someone can help.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah, that hurts. At least Jingliu is coming up if you want her.

Post your characters? Maybe someone can help.

everybody except jingliu, jing yuan, ruan mei, welt, xueyi, dragon dan, and huohuo i think. i am trying to brute force it with herta himeko and Argenti silliness but keep getting like 56k. what I SHOULD do is level up folks' relics but that's hard so it's easier to complain

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lazy_Liberal posted:

everybody except jingliu, jing yuan, ruan mei, welt, xueyi, dragon dan, and huohuo i think. i am trying to brute force it with herta himeko and Argenti silliness but keep getting like 56k. what I SHOULD do is level up folks' relics but that's hard so it's easier to complain

That's fair. Complaining is fun.

My favorite team with Argenti is pairing him with Bronya and Sparkle. It turns him into a male kuru kuru.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Anora posted:

that Adventurine fight was loving garbage.

What's your team?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

rio posted:

Drop Huohuo for Herta. I got 40k with Herta Argenti Ruan Mei Tingyun (5*s both e0s0). Pick the ultimate advance blessing and ult only when your character has just moved or is very far down the action order. Action advance does exactly nothing if it's on a character who is waiting to act and does the most when the character is furthest away possible from acting. Yes, this will lead to energy inefficiency but better that then losing free turns.

Eej fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 7, 2024

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Bad Video Games posted:

My favorite team with Argenti is pairing him with Bronya and Sparkle. It turns him into a male kuru kuru.

I will try spinning handsome boy and report back

update: it worked really well! the advice about only advancing someone when they're not coming up soon was solid

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 7, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I will try spinning handsome boy and report back

If Sparkle and Bronya are speed tuned properly, Argenti can benefit from both buffs at once.

Mine aren't, but it's still a ton of fun.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Bad Video Games posted:

Instead of using different elemental builds, my default calyx party is this. between sparkle manifesting infinite sp, bronya bumping him back up after his every turn and tingyun giving him extra energy even if if the enemies aren’t fully wiped on the first ult it doesn’t matter because he’s boosted back up, skills then ults again, repeat.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lazy_Liberal posted:

dont sweat it friend, it's literally the hardest content in the game and expects your characters to be pretty much completely tricked out.

and even then, you can get ratfucked by bad RNG

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Meanwhile i'm having a really tough time with this random Argenti companion quest.

Beginning to feel the limits of my March + lance MC stall strats but building new characters take so much resources so trying anything new feels like a big commitment.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Meanwhile i'm having a really tough time with this random Argenti companion quest.

Beginning to feel the limits of my March + lance MC stall strats but building new characters take so much resources so trying anything new feels like a big commitment.

The bugs are an absolute birch if you don't have pretty good healing and cleansing. Ruan Mei's quest will have similar issues. At least the companion quests are permanent, so you can always come back to it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The bugs are whatever its Argenti himself.

E: Just don't have the power to clear the adds in phase 2 before they overwhelm me.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Do you have zero 5* sustains?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I have lance MC

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

If you need double sustain, I'd replace one of the Preservation characters with an Abundance. Lynx, Gallagher, or Natasha should all work fine.

e: Luocha is also available right now and he's just a universally great healer with a lot of utility. Other sustains might be better for offensive buffs or specific teams but if you don't want to build very many characters and mostly want to do the story, you can't go wrong with him.

Genovera fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 7, 2024

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
My Acheron hit for 1.26 million damage during mat farming today. She’s neat.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Okay, Herta Hypercarry with RM, Pela and Hyperspeed Sparkle and the DoT squad with Asta subbing in for RM, along with a lot of resetting for the RNG finally got me just over the 60k mark.

Someone was poo-pooing the "Shatter on Skill" buff earlier, but it was the only one, on both sides, that seemed to work worth a drat with my teams.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

speaking of this game's event writing the drink mixing event was actually pretty fun. the monsters were all pretty one-note but the way they sort of blended together into a collective was fun, and i liked the running gag where if you tried to spin the bottles you dropped them until the very last prompt you got to try that. and i kind of liked the ape guy, his whole gruff protective type thing felt weirdly real. siobhan was decent, too.

its not amazing or anything but it did a good job setting up the atmosphere it was trying for.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

otoh half these drinks look like bodily fluids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Genovera posted:

If you need double sustain, I'd replace one of the Preservation characters with an Abundance. Lynx, Gallagher, or Natasha should all work fine.

This ended up being the plan though I just ran Natasha in the end with more dps. I still needed to reset a bunch of times to get good rng on his adds but it ended up working out.

Good companion quest. Argenti is cool.