Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Trump campaign is claiming they raised 50.5 Million dollars at the fundraiser tonight.

you mean the exact amount they claimed they were targeting plus a tiny bit extra?

i'm shocked. I"M SHOCKED.

Honestly though even if that's real I wouldn't be surprised, with the way they were emphasizing the need to BEAT BIDEN it seems like the exact kind of event that draw out a bunch of big donors to make their contribution then, publicly, instead of later. I think the total numbers over time are going to be much more revealing than one night totals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Froghammer posted:

AND I'M PROOOOUD TO BE AN AMERICAAAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2J8OYqRjQQ

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Sedgr posted:

So 50M from Donny Drump a very real amount from a very real donor that will totally be used for campaigning and then .5M from actual donors.

The 50M will never be donated but they want the fake "Biggest Night Ever!" headline to outdo Biden. It's hilarious the amount they decided to go with is exactly double. Childlike.

Trying to cover Trumps loser stink with fake donation perfume isn't going to change any actual hearts or minds.

:lol:

Even if it's real, and can be verified, we all know it won't make its way to the RNC.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

bartok posted:

https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1776742681542042038
Harold Hamm and he's an oil baron! He's the real world version of the Captain Planet villain Hoggish Greedly lol!

Like looking in a mirror

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
he was charging 825k for a seat at his table at that fundraiser

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Stink Billyums posted:

he was charging 825k for a seat at his table at that fundraiser

Really? Not exactly $1M? :confused:

Wait how many seats are at the table maybe it make a nice round number all together?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, AM radio and too many conservative influencers and white guys “just asking questions” to name are basically running Trump ads 24/7, and he isn’t paying a single cent for them. There’s no left-leaning equivalent to that poo poo machine.

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

Almost Smart posted:

Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, AM radio and too many conservative influencers and white guys “just asking questions” to name are basically running Trump ads 24/7, and he isn’t paying a single cent for them. There’s no left-leaning equivalent to that poo poo machine.

Yeah, those listeners are already voting for Trump. Don't worry about it

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

poop from a butt

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

So what’s the downside of Trump’s top 100 donors paypigs donating all this money tonight? Are they now tapped out (except for Super PACs I assume)?

Why didn’t they do this last month? What’s stopping them from doing the same thing next month?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Last month they were paying Haley.

He might have had a good night, but I don't know if it's continuing success. Just rich Republicans finally acknowledging that he's the candidate.

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018

Frank LaRose is the biggest SOB I’ve ever seen in Ohio politics. He’ll attempt it, because I’ve never seen somebody act so much contempt for democracy.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

bartok posted:

Harold Hamm and he's an oil baron! He's the real world version of the Captain Planet villain Hoggish Greedly lol!

Hoggish Greedly at least had a properly tailored suit.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just read that Trump doesn’t :actually: have to report tonight’s earnings until July :lol:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Never

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why isnt the right happy when they win?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I just wanna kick Ross douthat square in the nuts

Odds are high that he would be packing but even money he would just shoot himself in the thigh while trying to draw on me for kickin’ him in the nuts

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

is Ross Douthat a clone of Sebastian Gorka's head

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Here's a thought:

What with MAGA, and Trumpism etc. The "right" of America has seemingly convalesced into a kind of groupthink. Where there is one correct opinion, one way to think etc. And dissent/disloyalty is frowned upon severely.

And whilst they try to paint it this way with "the left" I don't feel that it is true. Look at the variety of actual opinion about Biden, or about his Gaza/Israel position etc.

How wrong am I?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's a thought:

What with MAGA, and Trumpism etc. The "right" of America has seemingly convalesced into a kind of groupthink. Where there is one correct opinion, one way to think etc. And dissent/disloyalty is frowned upon severely.

And whilst they try to paint it this way with "the left" I don't feel that it is true. Look at the variety of actual opinion about Biden, or about his Gaza/Israel position etc.

How wrong am I?
It’s much easier to coalesce around one opinion when the only thought in your head is “Agree with Trump or die”.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's a thought:

How wrong am I?

Yes, the Republican Party moved to a single agenda throughout the 90s and 2000s. Abortion became the litmus test, there’s no room for Pro-Choice Republicans in the Republican Party after W. But it’s also tax policy and fiscal poo poo and now there’s an effort to push out the LGBT Republicans.

The irony of course is that politics by subtraction leads to less supporters, less donors, less volunteers, and ultimately less voters.

And while the traditional Republicans are doing all this, Trump is out there trying to make the litmus test for the GOP whether not you love TRUMP! enough. :lol:

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lol: if your actually happy in 21st century America.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Outpost22 posted:

I mean I’m getting by, but I could always use more Trump lols

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Nessus posted:

I mean I’m getting by, but I could always use more Trump lols

I’m doing OK but having lols while horrible people are doing horrible poo poo is a good thing

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

All my dreams for the future are dead, but at least I get to :lol: when Republicans step on a rake every once in a while on their march to totalitarian domination.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/politics/fact-check-rfk-jr-january-6-weapons/index.html

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Sunglasses and guns in their trucks
Reels posted that Joe Biden sucks
They bleed through their comps
Claiming Trump drained the swamps
Like Trump they're all dumb lying fucks

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
No Robert! You’re supposed to appeal to the OTHER side you idiot!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol Couy Griffin literally got legally disqualified from holding or running for office in New Mexico ever again by SCONM because of getting arrested with a truck full of guns and ammo in D.C., while acting Otero, NM County Commissioner and head of "Cowboys for TRUMP," on January 5

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:hmmyes:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Outpost22 posted:

You can maybe be happy for yourself if you got two million in the bank or make 200k, but even then not for the state of the society.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol that stupid fuckin picture belongs in a museum

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol that stupid fuckin picture belongs in a museum

ive said that since i realized they framed lincoln going :thunk: over him lmao

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Someone needs to tell Trump he can do that anytime he wants and doesn't even need to be president.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

You can maybe be happy for yourself if you got two million in the bank or make 200k, but even then not for the state of the society.

You've got to take your lols (and happiness) where you can find em

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.

So you are saying the quality will be better this time. I feel cheated…doesn’t change that it was a total eclipse, even if large population centers didn’t get to see it. If a tree falls in the forest, ya know.

But jokes aside, after that one, my wife and I had planned to plan on traveling to see this upcoming one. It was too amazing not to witness again in our lifetime. But then after 20 years together, I went and got her knocked up. So life changes and having a 2 year old kind of nixed that plan, but I am ok with that. I will just have to stare at a partially blocked sun like Trump this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ross Douchehat