Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Grozz Nuy posted:

All the other consensus first round O-linemen and DBs were off the board, and I didn't love the fit of the D-linemen available either, so without the ability to trade I made the best of what was left. I do think Guyton can work in Shanahan's zone blocking scheme though, and he could start out on the right side during the last year or two of Trent Williams' run and potentially move to the left side depending on how he adapts to the pros.

I like the pick, Guyton is a really good prospect

EmbryoSteve posted:

This looks not bad as far as "professional mockers" are concerned

Biggest reach is Jags picking powers at 17

I think the biggest reach is probably Chop Robinsion. But that was the result of a failure to make a pick on in time so well done to us, premature back patting for our genius

Biggest faller probably Jared Verse or JC Latham. Either could easily go in the top ten/fifteen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Whoever is updating the spreadsheet, you missed the 28th pick I think

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I am, and I did.

It's funny, the highest rated player on one of the boards still up is Bo Nix. The lowest rated player on one of the boards that was picked is J.J. McCarthy. Which one of those guys (or any of these is going to be the better player in four years I don't know. Due in large part to laziness downstairs I have a bunch of Pro Football Preview magazines dating back to the 90's. I was about ready to toss them but thought it would be interesting to look through them and see what they said about this or that player when they were drafted. I don't remember the Tom Brady one but I know it was short.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Cardinals having a hell of a Draft so far.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I was contemplating Robinson a bit, I know the Niners have had interest in him in the pre-draft process and he's not that much smaller than Armstead so he could hypothetically fit in a similar inside/outside tweener role. But ultimately I figured I could wait a while and look at a 'truer' interior guy later on and hope Kocurek can work his magic on a slightly less high-level prospect.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
was deeply torn between the next set of 3 OTs available but I figured I'd go with the dude who has the most pass protection experience, no injury history who also looked great at the Senior Bowl

Chargers are on the clock

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

was deeply torn between the next set of 3 OTs available but I figured I'd go with the dude who has the most pass protection experience, no injury history who also looked great at the Senior Bowl

Chargers are on the clock

I need my guy to make it to pick 41.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like Worthy more but Lad McHonky is going to be a fan favorite in KC and when he drag races and leaves the scene it's gonna be a lot of boys bein boys takes

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
When it gets back to me I'm going to need some help since I don't really follow college anymore these days. I was waiting for Blitz or Mr Logan or someone else to make a bid for the Raiders but nobody did so now my dumbass is in charge.

I'm guessing if Nix is still there that's probably what they'd do IRL if they passed on Penix at #13 and he got scooped up before the 2nd pick. Any situation aside from that would probably be looking for a CB or maybe a WR if someone particularly compelling is available then.

VVVV very true

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 7, 2024

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

At least in the old days for the Raiders you could just pull up the combine stats, sort by 40 time, and work your way down the list

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your plan sounds normal. add in w/e lineman as an extra fallback. edit to remove the name of a particular prospect in case people think that might affect drafting no matter who says any name or something like that. i don't want to do anything to harm the sanctity of the game

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

My 2nd round pick just got arrested for DWI. I should have left him on the board, I could have grabbed him later.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Anderson Koopa posted:

My 2nd round pick just got arrested for DWI. I should have left him on the board, I could have grabbed him later.

:lol:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Anderson Koopa posted:

Dang, I picked the wrong Texas DT!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Not thrilled with my options here but I tried to do what I ultimately think the team would do in that position. I was picking between four guys but the team has pretty strongly indicated that RT is probably not a priority this early in the draft and I like braswell more than Adisa Isaac ultimately.

The titans desperately will want to move back with either their first or second round pick since they don’t have a 3rd and basically need defensive pieces at edge, IDL, ILB, and maybe safety. They still could use one more WR but the spot is too rich for the guy I would take from the remaining early round WRs (legette over polk if anyone is wondering). I used to have a huge hardon for Troy Franklin but with the Calvin Ridley trade I don’t see the need there with the WR room as currently constructed. Would rather look at a guy like legette or polk for next year when Hopkins is probably gone. Xavier worthy was not a consideration here for me.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

The Buccaneers should have drafted TJ Tampa :colbert:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I added it, but I refuse to accept that TJ Tampa is a real name

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anderson Koopa posted:

they had their chance at 26 :colbert:

ShakeZula posted:

Technically it's TJ Tampa Jr but none of the profiles call him that

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

My guy should be here at 41. Moving nicely here.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Anderson Koopa posted:

100% would have in the second.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Much like my previous pick with Coleman vs Worthy I felt like Tampa's profile made him a much better pick for Carolina over a couple other options at CB.

TBQH I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't just pick him over those guys anyway if I wasn't taking team into account.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

It sounds like it belongs in that Japanese baseball video game with Todd Bonzalez

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

well after the CBs i was targeting got taken I was able to go back to the T well

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It was between Braswell and Kingsley for me. I went Braswell because I think that’s what the titans will do. Good value though and nice to have both him and Patrick Paul on the same length of deal so you can keep whoever ends up better and maybe move off the other

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm is drafting right :clint:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Goons: just give me all the tackles. Please and thank you

A Sneaker Broker posted:

My guy should be here at 41. Moving nicely here.

The suspense is killing me

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It was between Braswell and Kingsley for me. I went Braswell because I think that’s what the titans will do. Good value though and nice to have both him and Patrick Paul on the same length of deal so you can keep whoever ends up better and maybe move off the other

Yea I double checked to see what tackles were on the roster and they released their best T bc he was old and injured. Everyone else is a JAG or a backup. The interior o-line is better thanks to FA signings but the tackles are garbage.

If the EDGE talent was better in this draft I’d have gone that route but gently caress it

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Relentlessboredomm is drafting right :clint:

I understood the assignment :smug:

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 8, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

LB1 is off the board. Thank goodness.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Could have gone BPA with the Texans, but decided to fill a need though.

Was going to get Chris Braswell but the Titans took him. Isaac isn't too bad though.

I am wondering how much of a knock-on effect the selection of Chop Robinson for the Dolphins had?

Sad King Billy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 8, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nice one billy.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

That's my Sneaky Athletic freak of a CB

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

With Penix off the board, I have a feeling Vegas will force a QB pick and I suppose Nix is the best available at that point.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

With Penix off the board, I have a feeling Vegas will force a QB pick and I suppose Nix is the best available at that point.

they do need someone else in the mix, its not the worst value

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they do need someone else in the mix, its not the worst value

Yeah I'm of the opinion that you pretty much just have to keep taking shots at QB until you get lucky because you're not winning poo poo without a top tier guy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

Yeah I'm of the opinion that you pretty much just have to keep taking shots at QB until you get lucky because you're not winning poo poo without a top tier guy.

agreed, and poo poo the Raiders do have one of the best WRs in the game and a surprisingly good defense in spite of the talent. might as well take shots

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

NYG pick is in. Absolutely delighted that Zach Frazier was still on the board. Position of need and seems to be a good value, per mock consensus.

Amy Pole Her and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Worthy falls to 64 just take him too, no butt stuff

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

If Worthy falls to 64 just take him too, no butt stuff

Unironically agree.

Pat needs deserves weapons.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Unironically agree.

Pat needs deserves weapons.

Disagree. Much like Brady's twilight years in New England, Pat should continue to get worse and worse supporting casts as a test of character. We must find the line where the rest of the team is finally so loving bad he cannot carry them to a title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NYG pick is in. Absolutely delighted that Zach Frazier was still on the board. Position of need and seems to be a good value, per mock consensus.

Amy Pole Her and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock!

Man thats some value you got. drat!