Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I don't know where else to post this and I need to share it because it refuses to stop taking up space in my brain. I got really into the game Hi-Fi Rush a couple months ago. It's a rhythm action game that has a lot of licensed music in it. The song they licensed for the credits is "Honestly" by ZWAN. This song is not on Spotify and near as I can tell, isn't available on any digital storefronts at all. So the only place I can listen to it is by watching the music video on youtube. I did not know that ZWAN was a supergroup made up of singers from Smashing Pumpkins, a Perfect Circle and Slint. So every time I go open up this music video. There's National Wrestling Alliance owner and president Billy Corgan staring at me and it just keeps reminding me how loving weird it is that one of the most influential musicians of the 2000s became one of the biggest punchlines in wrestling of the 2020s. I want to tell young ZWAN Billy don't do it. Don't push Tyrus, Billy.

Anyway French Crueller. Tim Hortons has a great Honey Crueller. I wish I was eating it right now.

"Honestly" by Zwan isn't just in Hi-Fi Rush, "Honestly" by Zwan inspired the entire game lol

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/10/04/hi-fi-rush-exclusive-oral-history/

quote:

Game Director John Johanas
He loves the ending track “Honestly” by Zwan, a song that he had on repeat when writing the script. “It just fit the vibe of the game I was hoping to make so well. I’m just glad we were able to license the track for the ending of the game as it works perfectly.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That makes a lot of sense, it feels absolutely perfect for its spot in the game and the Streamer Mode song that replaces it is probably the best Streamer Mode song in the game.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

That makes a lot of sense, it feels absolutely perfect for its spot in the game and the Streamer Mode song that replaces it is probably the best Streamer Mode song in the game.

it's so funny that such a feel-good game was inspired by a band where Billy Corgan drove his bandmates to hate him in record time and in turn he described them in blog posts as bloodsucking vampire parasites more interested in eating lobster and having sex in public than making music

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Billy Corgan smells like stale peanut butter

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wouldn’t know what stale peanut butter smells like, a jar has literally never lasted 3 days in my house. no self control around that stuff

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he’s posing with the nwa tag champs

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X1LThFfA8U

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
anybody who isn't watching the women's college basketball championship should turn it on, Caitlin Clark has 18 in the first quarter

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

anybody who isn't watching the women's college basketball championship should turn it on, Caitlin Clark has 18 in the first quarter

That's only six 3's, doesn't seem that impressive :-\

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Busy day today. Wish it wasn't, I could be Helldivin'

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It brings me little pleasure to report that The Mask is nowhere near as good as one would naturally remember it being. Love when he says Smokin though.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

my daughter and I played poker last night and she liked it so much I bought her Balatro. She seems to enjoy it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I did 18 in the first quarter but my doctor said I needed to stop before the kidney damage was irreversible

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What happened to yea ok. Haven't seen them in a while

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Shard posted:

Idk, hope they're just takin a break

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He was sick of everyone’s sucky rear end posting in the AEW threads.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't know

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

He’s mad at me rn 😔

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/balatro/comments/1byktoa/101c_experimental_branch_is_live_on_steam/
good changes in here imo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all the changes just making things easier are based on people not wanting to engage with the luck and replay part of the game as much as was intended, or not wanting to think about doing anything in particular and just picking every single card in the moment. but that doesn't have anything to do with me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Happy Total Solar Eclipse Day to those who celebrate. I am in the direct path of totality so I took off because they expect half a million people to travel to Indiana today. I'm not trying to deal with that traffic. Me and Shard Jr just gonna chill outside all afternoon to enjoy it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please remove this whole battle pass or whatever thing in all these games. i'm not talking about GallantryGunz Online here. just talking about pga tour. get that outta there. season pass or something. whatever it's called. that used to be the name of a dlc schedule but now it's the 3rd or 4th 'level this up' thing that has monetization attached to it on top of other things already having monetization attached to them

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

My stupid phone blew up and I got a new one but now I'm at work with zero access to any of my poo poo cause it's trying to send authentication codes to my old, dead phone and everyone in IT is MIA

Shoulda just stayed home

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

plus if anyone remembers from 12 to 18 years ago the kid on youtube who had red hair and his teeth were all really spaced apart and he had kind of a froggy voice let me know. trying to be able to say jennie kim reminds me of him. not due to the things i mentioned though. not in a bad way. thank you

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

plus if anyone remembers from 12 to 18 years ago the kid on youtube who had red hair and his teeth were all really spaced apart and he had kind of a froggy voice let me know. trying to be able to say jennie kim reminds me of him. not due to the things i mentioned though. not in a bad way. thank you

pruane2forever?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah thanks. you and me are close friends

edit for releasing an idea stuck in head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgnK-wbXOU

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 8, 2024

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

RE: Balatro changes I think they all sound pretty good. The changes to skip tags are particularly intriguing as on the higher stakes I basically never took a skip. Getting free jokers out of it definitely makes it a more interesting choice. Hopefully it won't be too easy now though just require more thinking and planning ahead.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

yeah thanks. you and me are close friends

edit for releasing an idea stuck in head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgnK-wbXOU

thats a good video

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
If I've never played poker, can I pick up Balatro?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the game is mostly just themed around poker rather than requiring good knowledge of it. the main thing is some terminology like valid hands which are second nature to remember yourself after getting familiarized, and those can be looked at any time you want during gameplay by clicking a button. other things are named after things in poker but aren't really relevant to what they are in poker

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My ex is reminding me I need to date more terrifying people. Happy eclipse day.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

My ex sent me a link to Google Drive asking me to critique photos of her she wanted to use to start an OnlyFans because shes a loving sociopath.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eclipse is pretty cool so far, would recommend. Excited for the moon to get stuck at totality and for our alien overlords to arrive.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Eclipse is pretty cool so far, would recommend. Excited for the moon to get stuck at totality and for our alien overlords to arrive.

It's great. There is this one cloudy boi that keeps popping over it and it's stressing my daughter out lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Looking at the sun with my bare eyes, it’s probably fine

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Had fun with the eclipse casting shadows through a pizza pan. No photos

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Eclipse ruled

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

drat eclipse almost made me cry. Didn’t expect to get weirdly emotional looking at the totality. Just another reminder that capitalism sucks dick and we should be living life to have experiences and feel joy rather than running ourselves into the ground for a meaningless existence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It rained today.