Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I like the idea of the Galarian fossils but only Dracovish pulled it of, somehow simultaneously looking like a Frankenstein abomination that suffers just by existing yet still operating as a single “thing”. The others are neither “put together in the wrong order” in a horrifying/hilarious way nor do they make a cohesive single Pokémon. They’re more like turning on the small head cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I instead want to see the other half pieces in a new set of 4. Fish Body with Dragon Head, Fish Body with Ice things head, Bird body with dragon head and bird body with Ice things head.

This is the correct opinion on this matter. Quote unquote fixed versions would be boring

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

wizard2 posted:

The only Pokemon you need is Pikachu. All else is vanity, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Geodude is real and my friend.

I don't know where they're going with cross generational trade, but with DLC being an option, I could see the entire national Pokédex eventually being available within I've generation.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

The Galar fossils are references to an actual thing; fake, greedy, or unskilled paleontologists who would take pieces of different specimens and either intentionally or unintentionally frankensteing them together. There is nothing to “fix”.

Would you “fix” Voltorb and Electrode by giving it a signature move that isn’t suicidal? Come on now.

Yes, I know exactly what they’re based on, but just like the real things, they need to be rectified. For science! Cara Liss needs to be barred from pokepaleontology as a whole. Let the next gen have the proper versions of the fossils with a little side story about the uproar Cara Liss caused in the scientific community.

The chimeric ones will still exist. It’s just that there will be more accurate versions alongside them. They will be brand new Pokémon.

Like, old dinosaur depictions showed them dragging their tails on the ground like big iguanas, but modern depictions show a completely different posture as the science has evolved. Hell, the depictions of Spinosaurus changes every couple years as we learn more about it. A current theory is that it might have been incapable of even walking on land at all!

I can see that there’s a cool velociraptor, stegosaurus, plesiosaurus and dunkleosteus in there somewhere and I want them.

Anyway…. Amphibians!

This one’s actually pretty straightforward.

Caudata has 3 families.

Quagsire/Clodsire, Swampert, and Salazzle.

Anura has 5 families.

Poliwrath/Politoed, Toxicroak, Seismitoad, Greninja, and Bellibolt.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is Venusaur a toad or a dinosaur or a plant

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Planimal.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I always thought Toxtricity was a salamander. It's the round fingers and lack of claws.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How many Pokémon don’t have eyes?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jay Rust posted:

How many Pokémon don’t have eyes?

Zubat, Staryu, Starmie, Deino, Zweilous, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Nihilego um I'm sure there's a bunch more I'm forgetting.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Speaking of fossils. Past Paradox’s just don’t work good as an concept because we already have loads of prehistoric Pokémon. Not just fossils but Ancient Power evos, Relicanth, Lapras, etc. Killer Robots on the other hand are at least something we’ve never seen before. Plus the story makes sense as “These super advanced beings from the future are invading the present day like it’s Terminator 2!” While in Scarlet it’s like “Oh no some old Pokémon that weren’t able to stop themselves going extinct are coming. You know like Omastar. Beware the world ending terror of Omastar!”.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's a badass

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Attempts at putting Bulbasaur in a box have usually ended in failure.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Speaking of fossils. Past Paradox’s just don’t work good as an concept because we already have loads of prehistoric Pokémon. Not just fossils but Ancient Power evos, Relicanth, Lapras, etc. Killer Robots on the other hand are at least something we’ve never seen before. Plus the story makes sense as “These super advanced beings from the future are invading the present day like it’s Terminator 2!” While in Scarlet it’s like “Oh no some old Pokémon that weren’t able to stop themselves going extinct are coming. You know like Omastar. Beware the world ending terror of Omastar!”.

Your overall point is good, but generally, disrupting an ecosystem by introducing alien species is bad, like rabbits or cats in Australia. Or, more accurately, imagine how well a herd of velociraptors or brontosauruses would integrate in modern Spain.

Also magneton is the weirdest choice for an ancient Pokémon.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Pokemon has always operated in the softest version of science fiction. The paradox Pokemon are described in-universe as being from "the distant past/far future" but all of them come off as a layperson's idea of what a "past/future" version of a present day thing. Which is sort of the point, since they apparently actually come from alternate timelines instead.

For past paradoxes its like taking a modern horse, slapping a stegosaurus tail and back plates onto it and proclaiming that that's what the ancestor of horses look like, instead of the actual early ancestors, which were small dog or rabbit-sized mammals with 4 toes, but the middle toe was slightly larger then the rest.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
In a similar vein to the Sw/Sh fossil-mons, the Paradox Pokemon operate on a "fake it 'til you make it" existence, brought to confusing lives thanks to scifi principles crystallized around the dreams of one seriously messed up super-scientist

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

All that said, I appreciate Iron Thorns and will be bummed out when it is inevitably gated behind post-game/dlc content in every subsequent generation.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

None of the above. I’m actually classing it as a synapsid, so more like a dimetrodon than a dinosaur. It’s got splayed out limbs like a reptile, but also canines like a mammal. There’s always a lot of debate about what it is, so I think placing it as a synapsid kinda works.

dungeon cousin posted:

I always thought Toxtricity was a salamander. It's the round fingers and lack of claws.

Y’know that’s a very good point. I thought Toxel reminded me a bit of a chameleon with the head crests, but chameleons do have teensy tiny claws on their fingers. I think I’ll move Toxtricity to Caudata.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

galagazombie posted:

I like the idea of the Galarian fossils but only Dracovish pulled it of, somehow simultaneously looking like a Frankenstein abomination that suffers just by existing yet still operating as a single “thing”. The others are neither “put together in the wrong order” in a horrifying/hilarious way nor do they make a cohesive single Pokémon. They’re more like turning on the small head cheat.

Dracozolt also rules so you're wrong.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

BonHair posted:

Also magneton is the weirdest choice for an ancient Pokémon.

That's probably deliberate to show that there's something off about these past paradoxes. A mechanical being, a Pokeball mimic, a Pokemon that looks like it Mega evolved, and Pokemon that were transformed by Ho-Oh.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's the 11th hour. Should I transfer my Pokemon or leave them eternally behind?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait what

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Online support for the 3DS is going away in just a few days or so if I remember right

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Technically it's suppossed to just be online play, Bank and redownloading games are suppossed to still work.

Their time is ticking though, so I'll probably just stop trying for shiny legends in Ultra Sun, capture them all and do the drat transfer to Home.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Online support for the 3DS is going away in just a few days or so if I remember right

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Technically it's suppossed to just be online play, Bank and redownloading games are suppossed to still work.

Their time is ticking though, so I'll probably just stop trying for shiny legends in Ultra Sun, capture them all and do the drat transfer to Home.

Bleh...

Not much choice I suppose, did Home get any better since launch at least?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the 5 most annoying pubbies in online raids

5. the pubbie who thinks Iron Hands is the right pokemon for every raid and should start every raid by using Belly Drum. wait, my pokemon fainted? they can do that?

4. the pubbie who brings an underleveled shiny just to show it off

3. the pubbie who never heal cheers even though they and others desperately need healing

2. the pubbie who button mashes faster than you on the first turn to use reflect/light screen; your pokemon is holding Light Clay, their pokemon is not holding an item

1. the pubbie who is on attack but never terastallizes

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Still wishing they’d put Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal on the switch. I’d play the heck out of them if I could transfer my mons to Home.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I heard somewhere that they heartily recommend moving everything by April 8th.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

It's definitely not a bad idea. While TPC have said Transporter and Bank will still work, we don't know when Nintendo will order them to pull the plug. Hell, it could be next week for all we know.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Beachcomber posted:

I heard somewhere that they heartily recommend moving everything by April 8th.

*looks at the date*

...poo poo.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

They very specifically have said that bank will remain functional after the 8th, but no guarantees for how long and you should transfer things sooner rather than later

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Well I think everybody else had the same idea, because the servers are being fuckin' slammed right now.
e: Also, is it a Thing that AZ's Floette can't be transferred into Pokemon Home? Took me a long time to realize that was the source of a bunch of my transfer failures.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 8, 2024

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Well I think everybody else had the same idea, because the servers are being fuckin' slammed right now.
e: Also, is it a Thing that AZ's Floette can't be transferred into Pokemon Home? Took me a long time to realize that was the source of a bunch of my transfer failures.

Eternal Floette was never officially released in any way (could be cool to bring it back for the legends game though), so yeah that'll probably do it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Any Eternal Floette would be hacked, yeah. A basic check wouldn't allow it to be moved on into the newer software.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I wonder if they'll legally release Eternal Floette in some way in Legends AZ. It has a sprite for HOME despite not showing in the Switch games, and also it looks cool, TIL it apparently has Florges level BST so it's theoretically usable.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Alternatively you can use pokehex to transfer Pokemon between games regardless of Nintendo's dodgy business practices.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Syenite posted:

Alternatively you can use pokehex to transfer Pokemon between games regardless of Nintendo's dodgy business practices.

if you can, you should! pkhex is a pretty neat program to learn

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
They’ll likely put out an announcement in advance for when they decide to shut down Bank. But yeah best to get those mons through HOME sooner rather than later.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I know Kalos is first thanks to Legends but I'm looking forward to the Unova remakes whenever they come out (assuming the graphics aren't as contentious as BDSP). I liked BW fine but burned out hard on BW2, so maybe all these years later and a fresh coat of paint might revitalize them for me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Venusaur is a complete and balanced meal as it is both plant and animal. All your protein and veg in one convenient creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Venusaur is #1