Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I only play my switch undocked so I can evade my wife while she chases me around with a rolling pin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
if they made a game of my life? it would be Paperboy 😔

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

my wife and I share a mutual love and respect for each other

she doesn't like the switch though

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

A B A C A B

Press A, Press B, all cops are bastards

Is this a Sega code, perhaps for Streets of Rage?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Baller Ina posted:

wrong account otter

Ha. My wife recently said if I died she would have to just not have wifi or anything because she can’t figure out how any of it works. One of my projects for this year is now to write a manual for the network rack and to document the Ethernet runs etc.

She told the kids if we got divorced she wouldn’t have video games at her house and the kids were like “yeah we would live with dad”.

Tonight was a full on freak out because the kids had to shut off games and the kids / wife were miscommunicating and I had to be peacemaker between them getting yelled at on both sides. It was rear end. Everyone was hangry. When we eventually made it to dinner my fajitas were tasty though.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
I feel like Nintendo ripped me off.

I beat breath of the wild and was under the impression from the marketing and dlc description that the champions ballad was actual story dlc so I bought it but in reality it’s just another challenge mode and now it’s having me redo the lame boss fights except with limited items and I can’t even use my gear. I should have just put the money towards totk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you should put the money towards brain surgery

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

90sgamer posted:

I beat breath of the wild and was under the impression from the marketing and dlc description that the champions ballad was actual story dlc so I bought it but in reality it’s just another challenge mode and now it’s having me redo the lame boss fights except with limited items and I can’t even use my gear. I should have just put the money towards totk

did your wife trick you into thinking this?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Basically this :shobon:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

90sgamer posted:

Yeah, the DLC for BOTW was more of the bad parts of BOTW (the tedious lovely combat), and didn't really do much with the good parts of BOTW (the exploration and shrines). I did a bit of the Champions' Ballad stuff and tried Trial of the Sword for like a second and when neither really wowed me I dropped them.

E: But also TBH TOTK didn't wow me either, the combat's still bad and while exploring and making vehicles out of poo poo you find lying around is fun, I didn't really like the shrines and dropped that game too.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 7, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

90sgamer posted:

After finishing the boss fights it unlocks the extra dungeon which is pretty complex. The limited gear btw I'm pretty sure you are supposed to be fighting the bosses exactly as the champions did when they died

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

cohsae posted:

I only play my switch undocked so I can evade my wife while she chases me around with a rolling pin

Is this the trad wife thing I keep hearing about

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

wizard2 posted:

if they made a game of my life? it would be Paperboy 😔

More this less Chiller

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, the DLC for BOTW was more of the bad parts of BOTW (the tedious lovely combat), and didn't really do much with the good parts of BOTW (the exploration and shrines). I did a bit of the Champions' Ballad stuff and tried Trial of the Sword for like a second and when neither really wowed me I dropped them.

E: But also TBH TOTK didn't wow me either, the combat's still bad and while exploring and making vehicles out of poo poo you find lying around is fun, I didn't really like the shrines and dropped that game too.

I liked Trial of the Sword. It did the combat somewhat better since now you really had to be careful about what you were doing.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Aware posted:

My wife loves Nintendo platformers but has played out everything I have from SNES era to Wonder and the DKC games. Rayman Legends was on a steep discount so I got that and she hates it. What should I try next?
Assuming you have anything suitable to play them on...
Some SNES/Mega Drive era Disney platformers (World of Illusion, Lion King etc)?
Old 2D Sonic or Sonic Mania?
Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote?
Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2?
The Smurfs' Nightmare (aka Smurfs 3)?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Bofast posted:

Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote?

Oh man I forgot about this one. Pretty sure I played it on a rented system when I was too young to be good at video games

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

Oh man I forgot about this one. Pretty sure I played it on a rented system when I was too young to be good at video games

Same. Rented once, never owned it. I really should try to find a used copy somewhere.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Where's President Goku when I need someone to legalize Uniracers?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Bought switch sports for my wife and we're having a blast.
We still have to try Chambara but the best games are volley and badminton. Tennis is ok, bowling controls really well but it's a bit samey.
Golf is great but we can't understand putting at all, many times the same movement gives out wildly different shots.
Soccer is way too complicated.

And then I bought mario kart with an expiring voucher and we love it. Turns out she can't stand games not based on everyday things. Driving and sports got her playing after four years not touching the switch except for Picross.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Aware posted:

My wife loves Nintendo platformers but has played out everything I have from SNES era to Wonder and the DKC games. Rayman Legends was on a steep discount so I got that and she hates it. What should I try next?

Awesome Possum!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have you tried the newest Kirby 2d platformer? Came out in 2023, remake of a Wii game. I think people like it better than the 2d Kirby game that came out a few years ago.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Bofast posted:

Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2?
Shockingly good game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The bubble bobbles are fun but puzzle bobble is the real poo poo. Feels like I’m the only one that bought everybubble

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I told my wife she might like animal crossing and she called me a homophobic slur and then smashed my switch before dropping it in the toilet

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

sever

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe

Space Fish posted:

Is this a Sega code, perhaps for Streets of Rage?

It's missing the last B, but A B A C A B B is the blood kode for Mortal Kombat on the Genesis.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Waffle! posted:

Shout out to my fellow geezers that first learned about SMB 3 from The Wizard. I was 8 and it blew my mind.

I saw The Wizard about a year or two after I first played SMB3, so I missed out on the grand reveal, other than being still pretty jazzed that, hey, this is a movie about Nintendo games.

Also, jfc I know most of you are sarcastically posting about over the top poo poo your wives likely never do*, but goddamn my condolences to anyone itt or elsewhere who has a partner who just flat out hates your hobby. It's not everything, but it's so, so, so nice to be with someone that you can share this stuff with. :3:

The only genre I love that my wife doesn't is FPS, and the only one she loves that I don't are MOBAs.

*- any husband-behaviour posts? Are we just a thread full of husbands or single people? Yes, I already know the answer as I typed that out.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 8, 2024

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I saw The Wizard about a year or two after I first played SMB3, so I missed out on the grand reveal, other than being still pretty jazzed that, hey, this is a movie about Nintendo games.

Also, jfc I know most of you are sarcastically posting about over the top poo poo your wives likely never do*, but goddamn my condolences to anyone itt or elsewhere who has a partner who just flat out hates your hobby. It's not everything, but it's so, so, so nice to be with someone that you can share this stuff with. :3:

The only genre I love that my wife doesn't is FPS, and the only one she loves that I don't are MOBAs.

*- any husband-behaviour posts? Are we just a thread full of husbands or single people? Yes, I already know the answer as I typed that out.

Sorry, OP, I've been too busy playing Stardew co-op with my husband (1.6 rules, btw) to post about it! :v:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
it'd be nice if nintendo could do something about the amount of weird, cheaply made games on the eshop but i suppose that is just something you have to deal with on any game shopfront now

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's been a major issue for a while now. It's worse on Nintendo eShop than the others.

I used to think their approach of just showing the games in reverse release order was at least egalitarian and preferred it over some algorithm picking winners and losers but the only winners in the current system now are scam shovelware companies and the only losers are customers and small devs with games they legitimately worked hard on that get no visibility.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
banning games with hentai in the name would be a start

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Sorry, OP, I've been too busy playing Stardew co-op with my husband (1.6 rules, btw) to post about it! :v:

Me getting back into Stardew for 1.6 is what finally convinced my wife to start, and she's been obsessed ever since. :3:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Non Compos Mentis posted:

banning games with hentai in the name would be a start

This, ban asset flips, and ban companies that release a new version of AAA clock or similar every single week to keep manipulating it to the top of the store

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Umm we're both the wife

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

Umm we're both the wife

Good :colbert:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Me getting back into Stardew for 1.6 is what finally convinced my wife to start, and she's been obsessed ever since. :3:

Wait, what? :eek:
I didn't think 1.6 was on the Switch or Mobile yet, my game definitely won't update, and I don't see anything online except the same "it's coming soon" by ConcernedApe and that was a post from yesterday. What am I missing here?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

eightysixed posted:

Wait, what? :eek:
I didn't think 1.6 was on the Switch or Mobile yet, my game definitely won't update, and I don't see anything online except the same "it's coming soon" by ConcernedApe and that was a post from yesterday. What am I missing here?

Oh, sorry, we're both on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

They may not be playing it on the Switch :ssh: