Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Gave me a start and a good laugh when I came out the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zamujasa posted:

the fairy one is pretty good at the highest level. if you aren't constantly taking damage it's enough to keep you passively healed while cave diving

the highest level parrot can poo poo out a lot of money and it doesn't seem to depend on what you kill at all, so even basic trips through the mines can be big paydays

I got my first two trinkets just now! Basalisk Claw and Ice Rod.

They have levels? I didn't notice that. Higher levels makes them better or something?

Is that what the Anvil does? Level up Trinkets? Haven't built one yet.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Am I crazy? I spent my first 10iridium bars to get the iridium band and then repair the boat?

If you say no, I should provide my motivation for why the boat 2nd It was to get a cinder shard to tailor sunglasses to complete my Guy Fieri outfit as mentioned earlier ITT

Not at all honestly. An Iridium band is so drat good to have plus you also have your other reasons

Side note. I can become the Riddler and even decorate my house with ?????

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

I haven't started a new farm for the update yet, but on my last farm I had a bunch of ancient fruit and fruit trees on the island and greenhouse connected to Junimo chests, and that always worked for me. Maybe check to make sure everything hooked up and you didn't accidentally connect to a regular chest along with the Junimo chest. I vaguely recall there being a setting to toggle for what gets used by Automate, so you might want to check for that too.

man, now I want a Stardew valley mod to let me have a basenji.

It wouldn't be a farm belonging to my grandpa without Boots and Buttons the basenjis.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Filox posted:

Gave me a start and a good laugh when I came out the door.

lmao

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

HopperUK posted:

Anyway got to go, someone threw down a bag of rice and I better count it

This is a hurtful stereotype of my people.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm on the harvest fair.

I put Lewis' shorts in the grange display. And nothing else.

Get dunked on, Lewis.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Is anyone else unable to look at Sam's winter outfit without seeing Kristoff?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nameless Pete posted:

well now I am!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Silver Falcon posted:

I got my first two trinkets just now! Basalisk Claw and Ice Rod.

They have levels? I didn't notice that. Higher levels makes them better or something?

Is that what the Anvil does? Level up Trinkets? Haven't built one yet.

They have levels and/or numbers, Anvil re-randmizes them. So you can have a ice rod that fires fast, or lasts a long time, or both! Or neither!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tylana posted:

They have levels and/or numbers, Anvil re-randmizes them. So you can have a ice rod that fires fast, or lasts a long time, or both! Or neither!

my current rod fires after 3 seconds and lasts 3.9

and so does the one in the game

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm on the harvest fair.

I put Lewis' shorts in the grange display. And nothing else.

Get dunked on, Lewis.

Every holiday is an effort to display Lewis' shorts after the first year/perfect scoring is done.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Part of the new dialogue is Carolyn telling you Pierre was so pissed you beat his rear end, so like, I will try my best every single year even if I don't spend the points

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I wish there was a setting to disable music except in cutscenes, or a way to turn it back on during a cutscene. The music is lovely but it's been 10 years, sometimes I just want something else playing on the second monitor. But then I forget about it, and now I have to sit through a cutscene of Sam's band awkwardly playing in total silence. I hadn't seen that one before and it would have been nice to hear. Oh well. Thank God I remembered at the last minute before the Jellies.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I don't really get the desert festival. Is it just for players who are good with the skull mine? I didn't see how else you're supposed to make enough eggs.

It's a cool idea but I'm not sure I really like it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nameless Pete posted:

Is it bad if I'm on year four and I've never seen Sam's winter outfit until now because I never talk to him? Because honestly I just never talk to him, lol.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Is it bad if I'm on year four and I've never seen Sam's winter outfit until now because I never talk to him? Because honestly I just never talk to him, lol.

You didn't miss anything, because the villagers didn't have winter outfits until 1.6 came out a couple weeks ago.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Avalerion posted:

It does a lot of other stuff too, too much for my liking!

You can separately turn off different machines in Automate if you have the mod config menu installed. (Or by editing the mod's config file)
So you could, say, turn off crab pots or kegs from it.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

what the gently caress is the point of a cow decal if i can't even put it on the wall of my barn

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Did my weekly visit to ginger island to check on my ancient fruit and it seems some weeds destroyed the sprinkler I had watering them.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Leal posted:

Did my weekly visit to ginger island to check on my ancient fruit and it seems some weeds destroyed the sprinkler I had watering them.

I've noticed this happens after rain so I always go to the island after it rains and destroy any grass that is remotely near my precious precious fields.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Anyone else having trouble with moddrop today?

I can't get it to download or even let me browse stardew mods. And it takes 5-10 minutes for it to admit it failed every time I try.

Edit: finally got it to work, some 3 hours later. Still very sloooooooooooooooooooow.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 7, 2024

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LLSix posted:

Anyone else having trouble with moddrop today?

I can't get it to download or even let me browse stardew mods. And it takes 5-10 minutes for it to admit it failed every time I try.

ModDrop has always been super testy for me. I don't use it, because it so often refuses to load. Basically the same behavior you describe.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
le ancien fruits hon hon hon

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Stardrop ftw

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Leal posted:

i don't know if it's just luck, but i completely fence in my growing area (usually with hardwood because it lasts forever) so there's not a single tile inside the fenced location without a plant, flooring, or a sprinkler. i've never had a weed spread through a fence into an occupied tile, even ignoring it for a whole season.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

i don't know if it's just luck, but i completely fence in my growing area (usually with hardwood because it lasts forever) so there's not a single tile inside the fenced location without a plant, flooring, or a sprinkler. i've never had a weed spread through a fence into an occupied tile, even ignoring it for a whole season.

I do the same, but with paths rather than fences (so I can shortcut through the fields).

edit: I also usually put a square of flooring down and then pop a sprinkler on it; it's a habit I got into several versions back when sprinklers could still be accidentally knocked loose by the hoe, but I suspect it'd also protect sprinklers from weeds.

Trilobite fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 8, 2024

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Hahaha holy poo poo

1.6 spoiler

Lewis’ secret basement. lol that CA programmed something that sounds like Mew in a Truck but real.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
or glitching your way to the summit before unlocking it for real

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm playing on Steam deck (default controls, afaik) and when I'm in my dresser or any of the catalogues, I can't for the life of me select the category tabs on the left. I'm assuming this is a control bug?

I don't necessarily want to have to rebind anything to fake M+Kb, I just want it to work as it should. I should mention, however, that:

a) I can still go through category tabs in my inventory, when I'm looking through my collections or whatever in the yellow bag tab, and

b) the right stick and/or trackpad already lets me move the mouse cursor around during normal play. I don't really use that other than when I'm placing furniture.

Anyone else experiencing this? It makes decorating a pain having to scroll down so far to find what I want, instead of being able to filter the items listed. So, I guess this only occurs in the "buying" interface (not that you're buying anything out of the catalogue, but the setup is the same).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm playing on Steam deck (default controls, afaik) and when I'm in my dresser or any of the catalogues, I can't for the life of me select the category tabs on the left. I'm assuming this is a control bug?

I don't necessarily want to have to rebind anything to fake M+Kb, I just want it to work as it should. I should mention, however, that:

a) I can still go through category tabs in my inventory, when I'm looking through my collections or whatever in the yellow bag tab, and

b) the right stick and/or trackpad already lets me move the mouse cursor around during normal play. I don't really use that other than when I'm placing furniture.

Anyone else experiencing this? It makes decorating a pain having to scroll down so far to find what I want, instead of being able to filter the items listed. So, I guess this only occurs in the "buying" interface (not that you're buying anything out of the catalogue, but the setup is the same).

Same for me too.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
did fishing chests get massively buffed because i just hauled one out that had an iridium band, 6 magma geodes, 6 lava eel roe and a diamond (this is early summer year 1, and yeah i found the roe book already). i do tend to fish a shitload in year 1 esp. early since its a nice shot of early cash infusion. gonna try to perfect this save file for once

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That kind of haul was always possible, I'm pretty sure. It's just RNG.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
if it was always possible it was always much more rare, i've got 800 hours in this game over the years and fishing was always a big part of it since i actually enjoyed it in this game. i think he definitely buffed numbers though, i don't ever remember getting stacks of 15-20 ore or coal at a time and i've seen that a bunch

(pre 1.6 i've found iridium bands, but always alone, other than the rare pearl or treasure chest most chest loot was pretty minor)

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
It was definitely buffed at some point, I've seen a lot of people mention it. I too skipped panning because the rewards were awful. But it was buffed

Also, I forgot how much I hate Clint as I don't interact with him. Got the whole "I'm a good guy when you get to know me, i swear" crap. And it's like. Ick. No my guy. You're not if you have to say that. Your kinda loving creepy dude.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

It was definitely buffed at some point, I've seen a lot of people mention it. I too skipped panning because the rewards were awful. But it was buffed

Also, I forgot how much I hate Clint as I don't interact with him. Got the whole "I'm a good guy when you get to know me, i swear" crap. And it's like. Ick. No my guy. You're not if you have to say that. Your kinda loving creepy dude.

I never panned except on ginger island b/c the drat walnuts (and i stopped after i got what i needed). pan spots were too infrequent to justify carrying around a pan for on top of it, at least with a rod every cast makes you some money (well, sans algae and weed which is at least energy)

clint is a certified Nice Guy with all that entails

Sloober fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 8, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Clint is a pure 100% somethingawful Goon.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm kind of surprised Gunther and Marlon never got "upgraded" into proper villagers who have friendship, particularly with the latter showing up to many festivals.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Marlon is friends only with the blade. And Linus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yeah, I kind of always expected some backstory for Marlon or something. I think Stardew Expanded makes him able to be befriended and he talks about his past adventures.

Something else that has been bugging me since I can't find a mod for it again is that food never has a quality to it. Whether I use iridium quality or not doesn't matter, its the same regardless, and that just seems wrong. Like, if I take the time to get iridium cheese and an iridium pepper I should make iridium Pepper Poppers. Its something that has always bugged me and helps make cooking in this game to be an afterthought at best.

And of course I will forever complain there isn't a cooking skill.