Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Meowywitch posted:

I remember when they first demoed the desert and we were all wondering if it would have some dumb heat exhaustion mechanic like the freeze one on dragon's pine lol

I'm still nervous they plan on doing that in some form for Shneznaya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the Tsaritsa will personally welcome us and grant us immunity to cold in our role as the 10th Harbinger

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I am actually surprised there were no "danger zones" of any kind in the desert, since the jungle had those corrupted areas. I wouldn't mind it if it was only present in certain areas, like the inazuma rad zone/cancer water.

That said, I'd rather have them yank the concept out altogether than deal with a region-wide effect (like dragonspine) in natlan or snezhnaya.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Maybe the traveler would be less cold if they wore a jacket.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Winter skin for Lumine which removes the cold mechanic in Dragonspine but introduces a heat mechanic in the Sumeru desert regions.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Excelzior posted:

the Tsaritsa will personally welcome us and grant us immunity to cold in our role as the 10th Harbinger

I'm hoping Tsaritsa will be an inhuman abomination but I know in my heart she'll just be another hot lady of the Raiden Shogun variety because Mihoyo just can't help themselves.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm hoping Tsaritsa will be an inhuman abomination but I know in my heart she'll just be another hot lady of the Raiden Shogun variety because Mihoyo just can't help themselves.

She's 100% going to be Bronya. The only question is whether she will be small with twin drills or older with only one drill.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

She's 100% going to be Bronya. The only question is whether she will be small with twin drills or older with only one drill.

I'm gonna pull a Delphisage here and accuse you all of subliminally trying to get me to play Honkai Star Rail.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

She's going to be ANA.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Note Block posted:

She's going to be ANA.

The Bronya owns Mihoyo. :colbert: As cool as an Ana Schariac callback would be, Bronya's getting in somehow. Also it'd make sense that if her Seele died, no wonder she'd become a god with no love left.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Meowywitch posted:

I remember when they first demoed the desert and we were all wondering if it would have some dumb heat exhaustion mechanic like the freeze one on dragon's pine lol
They went to the trouble of making a whole heat exhaustion mechanic that they only use on Signora phase 2 (it's the same as the cold mechanic but it's red).

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Note Block posted:

She's going to be ANA.

That would be based af

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Incoherence posted:

They went to the trouble of making a whole heat exhaustion mechanic that they only use on Signora phase 2 (it's the same as the cold mechanic but it's red).

It's gonna turn up in Natlan because volcanoes. And it'll be your fault for reminding them it exists.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

First form is small with twin drills, second form is big with one drill

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The Bronya

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Your monster fetish should stay inside your head

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's gonna turn up in Natlan because volcanoes. And it'll be your fault for reminding them it exists.

I'm assuming it will turn up in whatever/wherever the Mare Jivari ends up being.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

I'm gonna pull a Delphisage here and accuse you all of subliminally trying to get me to play Honkai Star Rail.

Boy howdy, if you love bosses taking 2 turns to your every one, then you would love HSR.

If your characters spending half the fight stunned appeals to you, it is the game for you.

Though honestly, it's wild that Genshin introduces characters and tries to make you like them, and generally succeeds (except Childe, go away), HSR seems to make me want to hate everyone with a passion. Seriously, if everyone from Penicony drowned in a river I would feel nothing.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
They have made no attempt at making anyone like Miko, if anything he just gets more pathetic every time he shows up in a new event

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

sushibandit posted:

I am actually surprised there were no "danger zones" of any kind in the desert, since the jungle had those corrupted areas. I wouldn't mind it if it was only present in certain areas, like the inazuma rad zone/cancer water.

That said, I'd rather have them yank the concept out altogether than deal with a region-wide effect (like dragonspine) in natlan or snezhnaya.

There were a handful of corrupted oases in the desert as well, same mechanic as in the forested Sumeru. Nobody talked about them and they were just kind of out there being nasty in the middle of nowhere.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel bad for all the people trying to join my world who I ignore because I can't do certain quests when they're in. =/

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I just have it set to reject all, pretty certain you don't even show up on the list with that

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I let people in for a long time because 99% of players just want to collect some mats and leave, but I've had some weird interactions with people who just wanted to hang out and chat, or a guy who was claiming he could get the Shenhe/Ganyu lantern rite skins for me for cheap. Have to assume the second was some kind of scam, but sounds like a lot of work to try and scam people in Genshin.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

absolutely do not interact with any human beings under any circumstances

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

If when people requested to join there was a little blurb they could put an explanation of why they are joining in, I might let them in. But otherwise I just ignore all requests.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Someone I let in a little while back wanted help doing a weapon mat domain run, then got furious when I had no-one at level 90 and left.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I would let them in if I got some sort of bonus or if I knew they got some sort of bonus I suppose? Right now having someone who can potentially help with a Boss fight sounds like the only real reason beyond social interaction and it otherwise feels very much like Dark Souls coop except worse because we can't do quests?

Like a +5% buff to all stats that accumulates to like +15% the longer they're in that slowly decays to 0% when they leave sounds like it could be neat thing where I'd let them in even if all I was doing was gathering mats but as it is I just don't see the reason.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raenir Salazar posted:

I would let them in if I got some sort of bonus or if I knew they got some sort of bonus I suppose? Right now having someone who can potentially help with a Boss fight sounds like the only real reason beyond social interaction and it otherwise feels very much like Dark Souls coop except worse because we can't do quests?

Like a +5% buff to all stats that accumulates to like +15% the longer they're in that slowly decays to 0% when they leave sounds like it could be neat thing where I'd let them in even if all I was doing was gathering mats but as it is I just don't see the reason.

Inviting someone into your world scales enemies up:
Players | Enemy Base HP | Enemy Base ATK
1 100% 100%
2 150% 110%
3 200% 125%
4 250% 140%

It still works out in favor of having more people most of the time, because multiple on field attackers can give you far more damage output before even considering the constant stream of elemental application.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tampa Bae posted:

They have made no attempt at making anyone like Miko, if anything he just gets more pathetic every time he shows up in a new event

If nothing else his EN VA definitely hates him.

Eimi posted:

If when people requested to join there was a little blurb they could put an explanation of why they are joining in, I might let them in. But otherwise I just ignore all requests.

This is a pretty good idea, actually. You could put "Can I Visit Your Teapot" or "Grinding For ____" and see who pops up

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Man Fontaine is weird. I'm still in early Sumeru for archon story, but I need parts to assemble my laser judge so I'm swimming around seeing all kinds of strange stuff and getting incomprehensible tutorial pop ups. Should be fun when I come back in a month or four.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Adding my voice to the chorus of people who never let any join requests go answered. I can easily solo anything in the game so there's no real benefit to it, but on the other side they might be real annoying.

Make world bosses always drop 3 mats in multiplayer or something. Make talent domains always give a purple book per run.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is it my mouse or something else that's the issue, I often use Amber but when I hold down the mouse button to use her Charged Attack / Aim Mode it often just... Does nothing? I sometimes also feel like for other characters repeatedly trying to click to spam the normal attack it isn't recognizing the inputs, is my mouse maybe hosed?

Is there a particular durable brand of gaming mouse people use for action games like Genshin?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Hey wait a minute. I don't even like onfield hypercarries :geno:

Why did I even get this guy lol. Maybe he can be a burgeon driver or something. When they release a good burgeon trigger for him. Which will definitively happen, one of these years. Perhaps.

Edit: why does phone autocomplete burgeon to burgeoning, burgeon is a real word. Stupid phone

Edit 2: Dehya doesn't count. Even tho Nauv/Furi/Dehya/Baizhu is pretty decent

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 7, 2024

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Finished Chiori's story quest. It's pretty funny:

Chiori: "ugh, they're claiming my shop associates with criminals!"

Local Mafia Princess: "vile slander! by the way all my goons wear Chioriya fashion"

Local Russian Spies: "what a coincidence, us too!"

Traveler, looking up from knocking over a produce stand in their 37th count of vandalism and petty theft since yesterday: "Huh?"

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bagrada posted:

Man Fontaine is weird. I'm still in early Sumeru for archon story, but I need parts to assemble my laser judge so I'm swimming around seeing all kinds of strange stuff and getting incomprehensible tutorial pop ups. Should be fun when I come back in a month or four.

Neuv will be great for Sumeru. Sumeru has this dumb mechanic where more weapon ascension mats than character ascension mats drop if you hit the mushrooms with pyro or electro than if you kill them with other things. A hydro DPS is a really nice to have.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Adding my voice to the chorus of people who never let any join requests go answered. I can easily solo anything in the game so there's no real benefit to it, but on the other side they might be real annoying.

You can turn off join requests from the coop screen.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there a particular durable brand of gaming mouse people use for action games like Genshin?

You want any mouse that has an optical switch. I use a Razer Basilisk because I like the hand feal and the charging dock, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it since it can lose connection if you have a ton of wireless connections running at once.
edit: I also recommend avoiding logitech. Their high end mice have been absolute poo poo for the past decade+.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 7, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I use a wired Kensington pro fit full size mouse. It's pretty cheap and durable and I mostly use it because it fits my hand but it hasn't let me down.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
My BenQ Zowie EC2 works pretty good. I've been using it for about 4 years now with no issues.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

Though honestly, it's wild that Genshin introduces characters and tries to make you like them, and generally succeeds (except Childe, go away)
:same:

Yeah, good job MHY, his SQ is what took me from "neutral" to "actively dislike". I LOLed when Skirk tossed him into the Abyss and then said she didn't talk to him much while training him because "I simply did not have anything to say to the weak." A woman after my own heart. :allears:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

(except Childe, go away)
:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Childe is cool. If I didn't hate his kit he'd definitely be a guy main dps I'd play. (I don't want to have to count out how long to be on field and risk loving up my rotation)