Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

they're right. aew simply isn't doing enough for the fragile fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have no doubt in my mind this footage will turn things around for the free falling attendance numbers and ratings.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't really know the Bucks well but given my two or three years exposure to them as performers in this company and Tony as the guy running it, I'm inclined to believe if they actually show the footage they have an angle on it being meaningful in the context of what they're doing, and not just pissing in the wind because they are ~so mad~ about Pepsi's antimascot talking poo poo

Whether or not that has the intended effect, who can say? You'd think all the institutionalized rape and literal sex trafficking and racism might've taken some shine off the other guys, but they seem to be doing bopping along just fine as a business

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

I don't really know the Bucks well but given my two or three years exposure to them as performers in this company and Tony as the guy running it, I'm inclined to believe if they actually show the footage they have an angle on it being meaningful in the context of what they're doing

They're about to have a vacant tag title match soon with FTR, who are (or at least were) Punk's BFFs and trios partners for his entire Collision run

That's how you make it work. Show him being himself, then point out only true pieces of poo poo would befriend or team with such an unstable guy, then leave as the Collision month of trios main events plays in the background. Bonus points if you end with Wheeler's mugshot pic from that month

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

Bonus points if you end with Wheeler's mugshot pic from that month

is that why he hasn’t been with BCC lately?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is that why he hasn’t been with BCC lately?

Different Wheeler. AEW's got two.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's clearly motivated by two things.
1) Khan is pissed about the interview and wants to get back at Punk.
2) They just did their lowest rating ever two weeks in a row after pretty flat ratings for big heavily promoted shows before that and they want a jump start.

Having said that if anybody can take this whacky situation and turn it into some compelling wrestling TV I trust the current version of the Bucks to do it. They can use it to build their feud with FTR and build to Perry's return.

And, like. I dunno, man. Why does WWE and their various mouthpieces and a psychotic hypocrite like Punk just get to take unlimited shots and tell unlimited lies but when AEW decides to tell the truth, well, now things are getting egregious.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the punk tape is real

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if you don’t think seeing tony khan buried underneath a pile of monitors is funny and something that should be shown, maybe you don’t get pro wrestling

There is literally no outcome to this where someone doesn't come out looking terrible, even if this is just a troll! So it's great!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Punk is a big baby and the bucks are also big babies. No wonder they clashed. Just loling they're doing this on TV like their fanbase cares either way. They've already conditioned people to hate him, what else do they need?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBX posted:

They've already conditioned people to hate him,

How exactly has AEW conditioned people to hate CM Punk?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

RBX posted:

Punk is a big baby and the bucks are also big babies. No wonder they clashed. Just loling they're doing this on TV like their fanbase cares either way. They've already conditioned people to hate him, what else do they need?

its going to be funny, bitch

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

It could humiliate CM Punk, isn't that enough?

It's this and yes that's enough. It proves without a doubt that Phil is a liar and a fraud and a psycho and it's a good thing that he'll be exposed for all that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i want to see the monitor fall on tony

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony is finally becoming a carnie... soon AEW will be good again

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MJeff posted:

And, like. I dunno, man. Why does WWE and their various mouthpieces and a psychotic hypocrite like Punk just get to take unlimited shots and tell unlimited lies but when AEW decides to tell the truth, well, now things are getting egregious.

There's a lot you can unpack in this situation regarding structures of power and oppression but it all feels a little too highbrow for the politics of pro wrestling, but you're dead on. Like, the Triple H comment alone - back when he was calling it a "pissant company" it was bitter and stupid, but sort of easy to laugh off. Now when he's actively targeting other workers in the industry by claiming they don't have the #GRINDSET or are somehow lesser for not wanting to work for them when there's an established alternative out there, I think it's totally right for people to get defensive about it. Something, something, the paradox of tolerance. In a week we got the Punk podcast, Triple H burying Mercedes and Ospreay, Rossy and Regal at the NXT show, Punk making fun of Ospreay's All In tattoo, and countless more little moments on top of all the usual bullshit grifter podcast nonsense and the nasty poo poo AEW constantly has to face from every corner of the internet, all because they dare to be a successful wrestling company with fans in a market where the company that will always be on top is, yes, still on top. I'm amazed Tony hasn't just started tweeting "shut the gently caress up and jump off a bridge" towards anyone and everyone when you consider the poo poo he goes through.

I know that Copeland's promo was polarizing, but I keep going back to the sincerity in his voice as well as the post he made after the Cardona match. I won't pretend to know what he's thinking or going through, but if you read between the lines it really seems as though he's having his own Chris Jericho moment of "wait, a lot of what I've been told about wrestling isn't totally accurate, and there really is more to life than this. This can be better". And the idea that pro wrestling as a whole could be better is so bizarrely scary to so many people for reasons I don't think I'll ever understand.

And in the end, poo poo, it's real footage used for a wrestling angle. That's a wrestling classic and it'll be great for the new corporate Elite. :shrug:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i want to see the monitor fall on tony

he’s gonna have a tv on his head and the kids will think it’s skibidi toilet. this is how aew wins

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Way to italics, Erin. Nice italics. :mmmhmm:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Thank you I went to italics school in order to learn how to properly use them and definitely didn't at any point mess up the closing tag at all

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he’s gonna have a tv on his head and the kids will think it’s skibidi toilet. this is how aew wins

lol

Or he's gonna be shown slumped to the side with his head put through a flatscreen, the TV around his neck as stars circle around his skull and a cuckoo noise plays

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

And the idea that pro wrestling as a whole could be better is so bizarrely scary to so many people for reasons I don't think I'll ever understand.
:shrug:

This is such a human thing too. Look at the efforts to shut down any kind of union or any kind of progressive reform going as far back as medieval times. Back when peasants would complain about taxes being too high and a local duke would send troops to kill them and then call it a peasant revolt. It's obvious why those in power don't want things to change when it would mean they make less money. I will never understand the regular people for whom those changes would mean improvements in their life will go to bat for those same power brokers .

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Maybe im not cringe enough to get it but him choking out Jungle Boy isn't peak comedy

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There's a lot you can unpack in this situation regarding structures of power and oppression but it all feels a little too highbrow for the politics of pro wrestling, but you're dead on. Like, the Triple H comment alone - back when he was calling it a "pissant company" it was bitter and stupid, but sort of easy to laugh off. Now when he's actively targeting other workers in the industry by claiming they don't have the #GRINDSET or are somehow lesser for not wanting to work for them when there's an established alternative out there, I think it's totally right for people to get defensive about it. Something, something, the paradox of tolerance. In a week we got the Punk podcast, Triple H burying Mercedes and Ospreay, Rossy and Regal at the NXT show, Punk making fun of Ospreay's All In tattoo, and countless more little moments on top of all the usual bullshit grifter podcast nonsense and the nasty poo poo AEW constantly has to face from every corner of the internet, all because they dare to be a successful wrestling company with fans in a market where the company that will always be on top is, yes, still on top. I'm amazed Tony hasn't just started tweeting "shut the gently caress up and jump off a bridge" towards anyone and everyone when you consider the poo poo he goes through.

The victim complex is crazy. So when AEW was dunking on them during the 'war" or taking all those shots on TV or every time Tony goes on a coke twitter spree its cool? When Punk was making GBS threads on WWE its was fine but now that's hes making GBS threads on AEW he should be burned alive? So weird. Poor Tony can't just play with his toys in peace he has to face repressions and comments for things he does. Boo hoo. NOBODY else has ever had to face these hardships EVER online. Dunk on WWE cuz they're dumb and bad but don't dare dunk on my AEW! I've attached my self worth to this and I can't be embarrassed that its actually bad too.

quote:

I know that Copeland's promo was polarizing, but I keep going back to the sincerity in his voice as well as the post he made after the Cardona match. I won't pretend to know what he's thinking or going through, but if you read between the lines it really seems as though he's having his own Chris Jericho moment of "wait, a lot of what I've been told about wrestling isn't totally accurate, and there really is more to life than this. This can be better". And the idea that pro wrestling as a whole could be better is so bizarrely scary to so many people for reasons I don't think I'll ever understand.

Oh nevermind either you'll trolling or VERY willfully ignorant.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RBX posted:

Maybe im not cringe enough to get it but him choking out Jungle Boy isn't peak comedy

The victim complex is crazy. So when AEW was dunking on them during the 'war" or taking all those shots on TV or every time Tony goes on a coke twitter spree its cool? When Punk was making GBS threads on WWE its was fine but now that's hes making GBS threads on AEW he should be burned alive? So weird. Poor Tony can't just play with his toys in peace he has to face repressions and comments for things he does. Boo hoo. NOBODY else has ever had to face these hardships EVER online. Dunk on WWE cuz they're dumb and bad but don't dare dunk on my AEW! I've attached my self worth to this and I can't be embarrassed that its actually bad too.

are you still playing that game where you hunt trans people that you told everyone about for some reason

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

RBX posted:

The victim complex is crazy. So when AEW was dunking on them during the 'war" or taking all those shots on TV or every time Tony goes on a coke twitter spree its cool?

yeah

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Poster learns the difference between punching up vs. punching down

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Meltdown mania season

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RBX posted:

Lmao oh no you haven't heard

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Some people just hate having fun

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
really stupid blood feuds that bleed over into real life is what wrestling is all about and if you hate it then you hate wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

really stupid blood feuds that bleed over into real life is what wrestling is all about and if you hate it then you hate wrestling

They don't hate it, they're jumping the barrier and trying to join the show and get money back from Seth Rollins

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
RedditBX

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think this is dumb but in a normal guy way, not the way that Reddit guy is doing it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NormalNunb

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RBX posted:

punching up is cool and good and praxis. Punching down is lame and cringe. Hope that helps. Also everything you post is in bad faith.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This whole subforum is bad faith posting

JUNGLE BOY posted:

are you still playing that game where you hunt trans people that you told everyone about for some reason

Weirdo

Pylons posted:

Poster learns the difference between punching up vs. punching down

It doesn't matter what way the punch is going. It was dumb when WCW did it on top and when they were behind. The whole company is giving me WCW 2.0 vibes. Which is crazy how much they talk poo poo about Eric and WCW when going through the same motions with way less achievements. I thought it would be at least a better TNA but it can't even do that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RBX posted:

Their whole forum is bad faith posting

Weirdo

It doesn't matter what way the punch is going. It was dumb when WCW did it on top and when they were behind. The whole company is giving me WCW 2.0 vibes. Which is crazy how much they talk poo poo about Eric and WCW when going through the same motions with way less achievements. I thought it would be at least a better TNA but it can't even do that.

You're posts are so drat lazy. Like you don't even try to be funny with these poo poo posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This sub really needs to figure out most of our trolls are really earnest and just dumb as hell. It's wrestling folks