Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

credburn posted:

I've noticed it seems like people younger than me express sudden joy by running around in circles. I don't remember anyone in my generation doing that. We might laugh and bend our knees a little, but I've never found something so funny that I had to go take a lap.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

Unless you're a gross girl, then you just get roasted in the news for having boobs:

gently caress, I don’t want to know

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

gently caress, I don’t want to know

Cursed knowledge:

quote:

Later on, Chastain who had missed a penalty kick in the Algarve Cup against China months earlier, scored the deciding penalty against the same opponent in the final, clinching the World Cup title for the U.S. in the Rose Bowl, Pasadena. Chastain celebrated by removing her shirt, exposing her sports bra. This led to both praise and criticism from spectators and sports commentators, and the image of the celebration is considered a key symbol of women's athletics worldwide.

1999 was a more innocent time :kiddo:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
cant be reminded that you are watching an icky girl play sports

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ewwwwwweewwwweeeeee

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Jokes on you, no one was “watching”.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Takes No Damage posted:

Cursed knowledge:

1999 was a more innocent time :kiddo:

The late 90s to the early 2000s are horrific with the amount of misogyny. Like, disgusting amounts alongside homophobia.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

The late 90s to the early 2000s are horrific with the amount of misogyny. Like, disgusting amounts alongside homophobia.

And at the intersection of all of that? madTV

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Sure...

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
afl was already a girls sport

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

Thank god we cured all that mess a long time ago.

*checks current pay for male and female footballers, then compares their win/loss ratios*

Uuhhh, guys??

Unperson_47 posted:

And at the intersection of all of that? madTV

I don't remember it being that bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5cOP947L1c

... gently caress.

But they also brought us stuff like this, so who can say if it was good or bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvujypVVBAY

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I presume the ball off screen has exploded the goal and destroyed half the stadium.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

This photo of her bought out a bunch of troglodytes on social media

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

gay picnic defence posted:

This photo of her bought out a bunch of troglodytes on social media

I can believe that... here's one of them just off screen....

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I appreciate the ads for AAAA!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Ministry of Silly Walks is branching out, I see.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Is kicking that way her “thing” or does there just happen to be a lot of photos of her doing it? I don’t watch soccer, male or female

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
It's not soccer. It's Australian football.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Scratch Monkey posted:

Is kicking that way her “thing” or does there just happen to be a lot of photos of her doing it? I don’t watch soccer, male or female

She wears maglev boots, can't even touch the grass

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Scratch Monkey posted:

Perfectly normal looking (very good) Aussie Rules kick.

E: actually, no, when I went looking for examples to show you most people don't/can't straighten their whole leg like that so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about :shrug:

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Apr 7, 2024

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's got RUNNING! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZYZcoAcU0

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There was a country music festival this weekend that had a secret surprise guest! People paid like 200 bucks a pop for the tickets.

The special guest?

Tucker Carlson

I would still be fuming mad about paying that much money just to have that fuckwit walk out.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
200 bucks for a chance to sock turd face in the face with a tomato or other object? Count me in baby

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

https://imgur.com/pKmLGkT.mp4

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My favorite thing is how the shapes are just perfect for the maximum amount of pain and chaos. Rhombus in the nuts, short ramp to launch his rear end to the side

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Brawnfire posted:

My favorite thing is how the shapes are just perfect for the maximum amount of pain and chaos. Rhombus in the nuts, short ramp to launch his rear end to the side

The only thing that can defeat a youthful anarchist is an old sadist with a geometry rulebook

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Brawnfire posted:

And probably landing on the edge of the escalator stair. The sharp-edged multi-tooth edge, that is. I hope he remembers his lesson.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

Very literally put.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Access to an affordable and safe vasectomy is a right, not privilege :(

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

And probably landing on the edge of the escalator stair. The sharp-edged multi-tooth edge, that is. I hope he remembers his lesion.

:dadjoke:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

The pyramid goes in...?

*guy slides by looking worried*

That's right, the round hole!

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Nenonen posted:

Access to an affordable and safe vasectomy is a right, not privilege :(
Country boys make do.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
It’s not that things aren’t good wrt misogyny. Rather, it’s not as widely accepted in basically all major sources of ubiquitous media like it was.

Like, that poo poo was a daily occurrence and common punch line in virtually every comedy show and talk show.

Words like whore/slut/bitch et al are not heard like they used to be in movies and songs and shows. Even prestige television avoids them pr if they are used it is usually from the bad guy and is a point in showing he is a bad guy.

Good guys slung that poo poo around back then, too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jane, you ignorant woke

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Zero_Grade posted:

Country boys make do.

Tying the tubes vs. dying in the Tube

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

dialhforhero posted:

It’s not that things aren’t good wrt misogyny. Rather, it’s not as widely accepted in basically all major sources of ubiquitous media like it was.

Like, that poo poo was a daily occurrence and common punch line in virtually every comedy show and talk show.

Words like whore/slut/bitch et al are not heard like they used to be in movies and songs and shows. Even prestige television avoids them pr if they are used it is usually from the bad guy and is a point in showing he is a bad guy.

Good guys slung that poo poo around back then, too.

word?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Discernibly Turgid posted:

Just want you to know that someone (me) really, really enjoyed this post.

:tipshat: ty

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Aside from being the Garfield of comedy, anything Jay Leno did is essentially the definition of cringe. Every monologue made fun of at least one woman for being a woman.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

dialhforhero posted:

Aside from being the Garfield of comedy, anything Jay Leno did is essentially the definition of cringe. Every monologue made fun of at least one woman for being a woman.

I liked when he was that floating head with the white beard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

dialhforhero posted:

In the writers strike he marched with the writers. They're the ones writing all my material, he said. I can't be even a little bit funny without them, he said. Oh word?