Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean personally, I would consider it bad faith posting to say something like "AEW has conditioned their fans to hate somebody." and then when asked for details, not respond and instead go into a spiel directly taken out of the comments of a Cornette video about Tiny Con Playing With His Toys that equates people from WWE telling outrights lies about AEW with people from AEW pointing out the obvious about about WWE, a company that is currently being sued for being a rape factory.

I would consider that bad faith. I would consider that a bad faith post from a loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

How soon everyone forgot that when Punk left WWE they were more than happy to post photo's trying to prove he didn't have staph

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It wasn’t even photos it was a zoomed in slowmo video montage of his rear end lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Which they then referenced like four years later with a "Big Cass is lying about being injured" story for absolutely no reason.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://www.wwe.com/videos/cm-punk-at-royal-rumble-2014

End of an era...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31EAOmQK1ts

Thankfully, archived, now with added soundtrack!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

How soon everyone forgot that when Punk left WWE they were more than happy to post photo's trying to prove he didn't have staph

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1776904818977562631

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah this has been WWE MO for years so its totally fair game for AEW to do it. They just need to do it well for a TV angle

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The closest WWE comparison being a time punk told the truth so they tried to lie about him is very funny.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I think it’s safe to say we are all a little bit bad faith because of our own personal biases.

Except Jerusalem, he’s just a swell fella :shobon:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Big entertainment companies being petty lil bitches at each other is funny and rules regardless who does it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also remember the times WWE ran Billionaires Ted Wrasslin War room on TV and Jim Ross brought back Diesel and Razor Ramon?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think all of you are missing a key part of this puzzle: all of this is amounting to a reintroduction of Bungle Boy Hack Perry onto national television 🤢🤮

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

This sub really needs to figure out most of our trolls are really earnest and just dumb as hell. It's wrestling folks

wrestlign is life or death if you watch AEW or WWE you are hitler

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wrestlign is life or death if you watch AEW or WWE you are hitler

One of those is definitely true.

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!

Pylons posted:

Poster learns the difference between punching up vs. punching down

Billionaire who's spaffing his dad's money playing action figures with real people: "down".

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Skulker posted:

Billionaire who's spaffing his dad's money playing action figures with real people: "down".

Compared to the megacorporation combination of UFC and WWE that takes blood money from Saudi Arabia and is currently being sued for sex trafficking, yes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

One of those is definitely true.

Listen I want to see aew turn to ash to own my posting enemies just as much as the next guy but let’s not go too far here.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

I think it’s safe to say we are all a little bit bad faith because of our own personal biases.

Except Jerusalem, he’s just a swell fella :shobon:

I'm The Last Honest Poster.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony should accept blood money got to be a country out there that wants wrestling...

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Collision in Korea 2

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

Collision in Korea 2

its time for kim jong un to witness the glory of danhausen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me getting ready to explain how doing a show for China is meaningfully different from doing one for KSA.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the Jerusalem bash

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It seems weird to show this footage with Punk working for another company. So you've gotta ask how will it make money and move a feud forward. So I think people are right in that it's gonna somehow target FTR to build that tag match.

Just not sure how you get there with showing the fight.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The footage will reveal that when one of the TVs fell on Tony Khan it pancaked him and then he sprang up like an accordion and made a boi-yoi-yoing sound

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Me getting ready to explain how doing a show for China is meaningfully different from doing one for KSA.

Replying to you that the difference is that only China is commiting genocide without a shred of irony

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm not sure what the Punk footage will possibly prove, the guy already admitted to putting a chokehold on Perry and if Perry slipped out it would just make Punk look like he was restraining him and not trying to put him out. Is this meant to show the reason why Tony feared for his life?

It's just such a weird move, but at least it will pop a rating for the week.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 7, 2024

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The footage will reveal that when one of the TVs fell on Tony Khan it pancaked him and then he sprang up like an accordion and made a boi-yoi-yoing sound

Rumor is CM Punk hit Jack with a "Remember me Jack? When I killed your dad I talked just like this"

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

NOOOOOOOO TONY YOU CANT DO SOMETHING THAT NO MATTER WHAT WILL BE EXTREMELY FUNNY

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dave says the footage does not contain any of the punk/tony incident or what would have caused tony to fear for his life so ??? hope the shoot worked shoot angle is for something more entertaining than jungle boy joining the elite and does something interesting for whatever bucks vs ftr 4 is supposed to be

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

a lot of concern about the footage, understandably

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Vince has used tv time to take shots at people he is feuding with for years. both people inside and outside of wrestling.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketb...throughout-show

vince booking a match where wrestlers wrestled in nba jerseys and the side wearing jerseys of the team the guy he was pissed at owned lost

Kurash
May 12, 2008

I need this to be as damning and as delicious as possible.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what tony need to do is hire a cm punk look alike and call him CM junk and have him lose a lot

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm not sure what the Punk footage will possibly prove, the guy already admitted to putting a chokehold on Perry and if Perry slipped out it would just make Punk look like he was restraining him and not trying to put him out. Is this meant to show the reason why Tony feared for his life?

It's just such a weird move, but at least it will pop a rating for the week.

I would not think that. I would think punk does a lovely chokehold

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if there is anything we know about punk it is that he is very good at fighting for real

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Legit hope the footage segment is somehow even more lame and cringe than Edge talking about "there's nowhere I'd rather be" to an empty arena. We can do a worse rating if we truly believe, don't let me know down Tony.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

tony khan presents the tel aviv throwdown, brought to you by wix.com

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Video of Punk losing the fight would just prove he was holding back to protect people absolutely already makes this worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

NOOOOOOOO TONY YOU CANT DO SOMETHING THAT NO MATTER WHAT WILL BE EXTREMELY FUNNY