Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

"Gallant: 'the withdrawl of forces from Khan Younis was enacted after Hamas ceased to function as a military organization all across the Gaza Strip'"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1777008136806666667?t=UMAsqrKYf-3l5SaeIqrqWA&s=19

lmfaooo ok dude

Even all the Israelis in the comments aren't buying it

mission-accomplished.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
speaking of “mission accomplished” check the bad thread

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
The bad thread has reopened.

quote:

Welcome back, everyone. The thread now has Esran, Irony Be My Shield, and punishedkissinger as IKs. Hopefully this, along with having a couple users removed, will improve the things significantly.

The calmest of Hitlers has been made an IK so that should allow the thread to remain open without any accusations of genocide being thrown around.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

this guy seems really silly, what does he mean by sinwar needing 'head choppers'? what kind of bozo is this? this guy seems like an idiot tbh.

to me, the realistic assessment is that despite being dealt severe blows, Hamas is still well in control of the situation and retains the majority of its strength, its command and control infrastructure and have planned for this war and carried it out with the appropriate number of men and weapons and munitions, i dont think they got more people or weapons in magically through thr border they just planned and allocated their respuorces extremely well, have done a miracle in tunnel building and supplies buildup and reaerves, and successfully fought this war with what they had and have outlasted israels ability and willpower. its not rocket science. well actually it is rocket science since they use rockets and havent slown down lol.

also this phillip lemon-lime loser is coping super hard.

sounds like better than average OSINT to me, as in completely made up analysis but at least they kept the slurs/ graphic violence down to a minimum

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
rumor mill from israeli sources regarding how the negotiations are going

=====

Israeli official: Washington is exerting enormous pressure in the current round of negotiations

Channel 13 quoted an Israeli official as saying that the United States is leading the current round of negotiations and exerting “tremendous pressure,” while the Israeli broadcaster said that Washington is pressing all parties, including Israel, pointing out that all parties show greater flexibility than before in “hostage” negotiations.

The broadcaster added, citing a senior official, that the protests affect pressure on the hostage deal, and that Israel is losing prominent pressure tools as “Hamas wants to reach an agreement.”

“We are closer than ever to concluding a deal,” the authority also quoted a U.S. official as saying.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...610;&%231577;-2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Marenghi posted:

The calmest of Hitlers has been made an IK so that should allow the thread to remain open without any accusations of genocide being thrown around.

lmao, they are allowing at least two posters who have a history in that thread of genocide denialism, and racism towards Palestinians. cool cool, might as well have just left the thread locked lol.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lets ignore that boring thread who cares focus on winning like Hamas

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Al-Saqr posted:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
apparently just appointing IKs without asking them first lmfao

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

discoukulele posted:

apparently just appointing IKs without asking them first lmfao

Cometh the hour, cometh the man

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Marenghi posted:

LOL WHAT THE gently caress

I had to double check that this was real, they made Irony be my shield a fuckin IK of the thread when he was one of the main threadshitters?

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Am I crazy or would it actually make more sense for Iran NOT to respond? Israel is absolutely eating poo poo right now, why do anything? Sun Tzu and all that.

Possibly, regionalizing the war may take the focus away from the Palestinian cause unless they hit Israel hard enough to materially effect the war in Gazza, at which point they're now in a major regional war

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

OctaMurk posted:

I had to double check that this was real, they made Irony be my shield a fuckin IK of the thread when he was one of the main threadshitters?

Both sides. :dumb:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
simply just do not read or post in D&D

the sick yemeni beats are posted here anyway

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Iran does have internal politics of its own to worry about, fully half of the calculus is going to be driven by a desire to persuade key constituencies that they're hitting back. The IRGC alone probably wants some revenge and to try and create a deterrant that keeps it from being open season on them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

Possibly, regionalizing the war may take the focus away from the Palestinian cause unless they hit Israel hard enough to materially effect the war in Gazza, at which point they're now in a major regional war

If I were Iran (thank god i'm not), and I wanted to actually help the Palestinians, I would target Israel's ability to launch its fighter jets and bombers. Blowing up their runways seem like it would be a good first step?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

I said come in! posted:

If I were Iran (thank god i'm not), and I wanted to actually help the Palestinians, I would target Israel's ability to launch its fighter jets and bombers. Blowing up their runways seem like it would be a good first step?

Disabling the Israeli Air Force is absolutely the key, and also the thing that threatens to bring America in and make this a much larger war

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

moths posted:

I wonder if the withdrawals suggest Israel's internal divide is becoming untenable rather than some new, even more apocalyptic turn.

Killing five protesters is not nothing, especially given the PR value they typically attach to Israeli lives. We've already seen the hostages de-personed, and now dissenters.

If this turns out to be a soft coup, with military leaders refusing to keep losing for no gains, that puts Israel in the worst possible spot for Iran's "there's a retaliation at the end of this book."

Honestly I'm still surprised nobody's just driven in and taken Tel Aviv yet
. Right now it's only politics are watching the gate, because the IDF and Iron Dome sure as poo poo aren't.

And the politics are wearing thin.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I said come in! posted:

That would (correctly) be interpreted as an existential threat, since the Air Force is the only competent arm of the IDF, and the only one that overmatches surrounding Arab states, so Israel would pop off as hard as possible in response.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Am I crazy or would it actually make more sense for Iran NOT to respond? Israel is absolutely eating poo poo right now, why do anything? Sun Tzu and all that.

I think you're right. Iran is probably going to ramp up equipment sent to Hamas so they can keep their hands clean. No reason to get involved in a war that could attract the eye of the United states when you can just sit back and fight by proxy for minimal losses.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Give Hamas a hypersonic missile

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

That would (correctly) be interpreted as an existential threat, since the Air Force is the only competent arm of the IDF, and the only one that overmatches surrounding Arab states, so Israel would pop off as hard as possible in response.

What is Israel's ability to actually strike back at Iran? They are a really big country, and I remember someone posting much earlier in this thread with a pretty good explanation that even America would have a difficult time using its military to strike Tehran due to distance.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

more israeli rumors regarding what's going on at the negotiations

=================

Yedeot Ahronoth: Washington is moving very seriously to conclude the "hostage" deal‎

‎Yedioth Ahronoth quoted informed sources:‎

‎The United States is moving very seriously and is determined to conclude a deal on hostages‎

‎Washington is the main player in the negotiations and wants nothing less than a deal and a ceasefire‎

‎CIA director expected to put a proposal on the table‎

‎ Israel's Channel 12:‎

‎Netanyahu sent his political adviser Ofir Blake as part of the negotiating delegation to Cairo‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...9%D9%8A%D8%A9-2

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I said come in! posted:

If they did that succesfully, I'd say it's a coin flip whether Israel responds with nukes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

If they did that succesfully, I'd say it's a coin flip whether Israel responds with nukes.

Israel's nukes are in the form of missiles right? Or not known? I obviously am clueless how this would all work. Can they be easily intercepted?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Israel's nukes are in the form of missiles right? Or not known? I obviously am clueless how this would all work. Can they be easily intercepted?

Israel has nukes and second strike capabilites, so no it's not going to be easy to take out in one go. so quite frankly any talk of a land invasion of israel is silly because they can and will throw nukes.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I said come in! posted:

We know they have gravity bombs, it's possible the Germans built their submarines to carry nuclear capable cruise missiles, they likely have air launched cruise missiles.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

Look, it's balanced out by having some rando who (I think) is pro-Palestine drafted to also be an IK. So that way the terminally online Israel defender can hand out probations like crazy but point to the other IK as showing D&D is "balanced".

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I think you're right. Iran is probably going to ramp up equipment sent to Hamas so they can keep their hands clean. No reason to get involved in a war that could attract the eye of the United states when you can just sit back and fight by proxy for minimal losses.

Especially as Israel has been eating poo poo for the past few months; no need to spend blood & lives when just getting the Palestinians the equipment they need will do the job.

BadOptics has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Apr 7, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/verminusm/status/1776767329298268218?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

https://twitter.com/verminusm/status/1776773799188308283?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

yeah, kinda. Or rather the ideal course of action would be to lose a few hundred big missiles in Yemen, but as already posted above they have their own constituency and they probably have to be seen to be doing something.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

We just have to bomb gaza harder and pick them out of the rubble unharmed
Simple

E: daily rape jesus christ what are they fantazising about

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 20:26 on Apr 7, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I dunno how you could be paying any attention to this war without realizing that special forces teams are way overrrated.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I dunno how you could be paying any attention to this war without realizing that special forces teams are way overrrated.

yeah, this almost always leads to the deaths of the hostages. real life it turns out is not a Tom Clancy novel.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/ft/status/1777049954386584053?s=46&t=wFLEtw1rYscWWbs5yY6yJA

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

This guy seems sane.

https://twitter.com/VerminusM/status/1734953079563227209

Which is hilariously wrong because you have poo poo like the Cherokee in North America that *tried* this and still ended up expulsed from their native lands by settler-colonialism.

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Honky Mao posted:

Absolutely insane for a German to call the Palestinians "descendants of Jew gassers". What's wrong with Europeans

It's straight-up projection. I mean, it's obvious bc they're the descendants of the Nazis lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

BadOptics posted:

This guy seems sane.

Which is hilariously wrong because you have poo poo like the Cherokee in North America that *tried* this and still ended up expulsed from their native lands by settler-colonialism.

Gaza is already awesome they defeated Israel

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BadOptics posted:

This guy seems sane.

That person is disgusting garbage.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Didn't most of their super special bad boys get smoked in the first few weeks of the war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Shyfted One posted:

Don't know why anyone would assume the withdrawal is because they're admitting defeat vs Israel is about the bomb the hell out of Rafah. When is it ever the less evil option?