Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

:blessed:

Stoatbringer posted:

“Hi, wanna come to the vending machines and grab a coffee?”
“Sure. Just let me go and clock out first, wouldn’t want to be a clock criminal.”

FUTURE CRIME

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna commit time clock fraud.

I was accused of time theft by a bitter HR person at my last job. There was an internal investigation and I had to submit to an hour of questioning with an investigator. On my side were two union reps. They took 16 months to conclude no time theft had occurred.

The value of the time I was accused of stealing?
$1,120 dollars.

I'm 100% positive that the investigator was paid more than that to prosecute the case, and it led to my resignation. It's so dumb.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Since cursed signs are apparently fair game.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What an insane thing to have on any medical related business sign, but somehow worse

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I was accused of time theft by a bitter HR person at my last job. There was an internal investigation and I had to submit to an hour of questioning with an investigator. On my side were two union reps. They took 16 months to conclude no time theft had occurred.

The value of the time I was accused of stealing?
$1,120 dollars.

I'm 100% positive that the investigator was paid more than that to prosecute the case, and it led to my resignation. It's so dumb.

Sounds to me like they probably wanted you to quit and made poo poo there bad enough that you did.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Inceltown posted:

Sounds to me like they probably wanted you to quit and made poo poo there bad enough that you did.

Yes. This was one of about four major gently caress yous over a year's time. That's the last time I ever give nine years to an institution.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I had a job where they tried to construct a reason to shitcan me after I handed in my notice, because they were petty vindictive fucks who wanted to be able to give a reference saying I got fired to gently caress me out of the new job because I had the audacity to leave.

They spent like 4 weeks trying to prove I’d committed fraud and made me sit through a bunch of meetings where I brought out all the documentation to prove I hadn’t done poo poo in front of 3 different pairs of ‘investigators’ and it’s probably the stupidest process I’ve ever been through in my entire professional life.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Those Japanese face crabs are actually the result of semi natural selection. The original form only kinda, sorta looked like a face if you squint, with some variation. The fishermen would toss back any that were too face like. So over centuries, the selection pressure was for more face-like carapace.

As for Horseshoe crabs, they're very chill. I spent years working the touch tank at a local museum, and they were one of the critters. The coolest part is that their chewing parts are at the base of the legs, with the mouth in the center. One thing I'd always do is have the visitors put a finger there. The crab would them wiggle its legs trying to chew. It felt like a set of stiff toothbrushes pushing on you.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MrUnderbridge posted:

The coolest part is that their chewing parts are at the base of the legs, with the mouth in the center. One thing I'd always do is have the visitors put a finger there. The crab would them wiggle its legs trying to chew. It felt like a set of stiff toothbrushes pushing on you.

That all seems fun, untill you try it with this one and you lose an arm:

https://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/article/the-worlds-largest-horseshoe-crab-is-in-hillsboro/

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna commit time cock fraud.

This better not be some space moose poo poo.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

MrUnderbridge posted:

Those Japanese face crabs are actually the result of semi natural selection. The original form only kinda, sorta looked like a face if you squint, with some variation. The fishermen would toss back any that were too face like. So over centuries, the selection pressure was for more face-like carapace.

Not trying to poo poo on you but that's a bit of a (very charming) urban legend. Heikegani, the crabs, were thrown back because they're too small to be worth it. The only evolutionary pressure from humans would be in our slight depletion of their competitors for food in small areas, which would be evenly felt across the species regardless of carapace characteristics. They're still plentiful and mostly unmarketable today. Look at this full-grown little weirdo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime.

That's why I always piss, on company time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/mMPHnZC.mp4

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Not trying to poo poo on you but that's a bit of a (very charming) urban legend. Heikegani, the crabs, were thrown back because they're too small to be worth it. The only evolutionary pressure from humans would be in our slight depletion of their competitors for food in small areas, which would be evenly felt across the species regardless of carapace characteristics. They're still plentiful and mostly unmarketable today. Look at this full-grown little weirdo:

Carl Sagan told me it's true in Cosmos, the source of everything I believe to be true :colbert:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I had this book series when I was a kid and can’t find it.

E: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0531035670?ie=UTF8&tag=paleofuture-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0531035670

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 7, 2024

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

I. M. Gei posted:

Since cursed signs are apparently fair game.

thankfully we don't have an entire generation of people known as boomers who had this sort of childhood. can you imagine the kind of insane projecting they'd do????

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Semi cursed at best, Evan and Katelyn are too adorable to be truly cursed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEc2up6cBlE&t=12s

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Well, drat. Thanks a lot, Carl Sagan and Cosmos!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Technology has gone too far. Repent and run for your lives.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don't like the spinning camera. Conscious beings should not have spin-ny parts even if they are robots.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lol he is meatspinning

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Soldier of Fortran earns the curse.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Lol at the backwards helmet

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
More like soldier of 4chan lmao

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Here's a higher quality version I created years ago for anyone who needs it up on a wall in their computer crime lab:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/29wLHfT.mp4

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
better than coffee

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lazy_Liberal posted:

better than coffee

I think I'd rather the coffee

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lazy_Liberal posted:

better than coffee

But now you have to go back home and change your pants.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Facebook Aunt posted:

But now you have to go back home and change your pants.

No, it’s a power move to continue with the same pair.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

world record holder for largest female mouth

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Kirk Johnson's daughter is getting ready for her film career.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Better than any of the jokes I came up with.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

loving Innsmouth folk

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hasturtium posted:

loving Innsmouth folk

What's with all the fish people hate???

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

dr_rat posted:

What's with all the fish people hate???

It wasn't hate it was an origin story.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Just don't like the look of em

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

!Klams posted:

It wasn't hate it was an origin story.

Awww, a tale of true love with a happy ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Imagine riding the bus as this ladys 8th grade son lmao.