Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Shard posted:

you have to understand the absolute insane level of match quality AEW has been putting out since 2019. It really is an excess of riches. Go look up the tag title cage match between the Lucha Bros and Young Bucks. Or their ladder match. Or Kenny Omega vs Orange Cassidy vs Pac, or Hangman vs Swerve Texas Deathmatch or Will Osprey vs Kenny Omega in NJPW and AEW.

i wanted to like gunther vs sami but someone like eddie or danielson puts on the same type of match every week without the constant breaks to play to the crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

watch that poo poo

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

if he's foolish brave enough to watch every single episode of these things then he can experience the agony and ecstasy of total nonstop action

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tna is probably better than wwe has been for the past decade

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

except the hogan era of tna that was pretty garbage

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I remember Aces and Eights

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the main event mafia was a terrible angle but it led to steiner getting ten minutes of promo time every week so its impossible to say if it was bad or not

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Samoa Joe is in TNA, so that's a positive

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's fat

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

If Cody wins it, how long until he gets Brocked and does that match end quicker then when Kofi got Brocked?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cross the line

a.lo posted:

I remember Aces and Eights

Majinfoose posted:

Samoa Joe is in TNA, so that's a positive

TNA was truly a land of contrasts

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mr Hootington posted:

I will eventually. I want to finish WCW and I'll do aew or wwf next.

No shade to you at all. I think it’s cool you’re watching old WCW. But saying you’re trying to finish WCW is the funniest thing to me.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The_Rob posted:

No shade to you at all. I think it’s cool you’re watching old WCW. But saying you’re trying to finish WCW is the funniest thing to me.

its easy to finish WCW because it has a beginning and a very funny end

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
will hoot be able to make it through late stage wheels falling off the wagon WCW? yes

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

will hoot be able to make it through late stage wheels falling off the wagon WCW? yes

Not without loudly shouting UUUGGGGHHHHH at their TV every 25 minutes or so, I bet

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its easy to finish WCW because it has a beginning and a very funny end

I’m just imagining watching all three hours of 99 Nitro and also watching Thunder and it just sounds like a nightmare.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s that one thunder with Nash on commentary not giving a gently caress, that’s worth watching

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The_Rob posted:

I’m just imagining watching all three hours of 99 Nitro and also watching Thunder and it just sounds like a nightmare.

This is still very far away. I ha e to make it through the "Black Scorpion" storyline that I have been warned about first.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

This is still very far away. I ha e to make it through the "Black Scorpion" storyline that I have been warned about first.

Definitely post about that when you get to it. I am personally jealous that you will first get to see the 4 Horsemen “imposter” angle that was my absolute fave as a kid.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I tried going through classic shows back when I had a Network subscription. Honestly, weekly wrestling television ages like milk even during wrestling's "good" periods. I can't imagine watching more than just the PPVs unless I had a podcast.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

maruhkati posted:

I tried going through classic shows back when I had a Network subscription. Honestly, weekly wrestling television ages like milk even during wrestling's "good" periods. I can't imagine watching more than just the PPVs unless I had a podcast.

Yeah that’s how I feel. Even when there’s good angles you realize that most of the matches are just filler.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
WWE is financially bulletproof so frankly I think they should have Cody lose for two reasons:

1) it’d be funny
2) what are the stans gonna do? Watch AEW?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

smackdown six era smackdown is def. worth watching tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one of my fave matches ever is a 2 out of 3 falls rey mysterio & edge vs kurt angle and benoit match on a random smackdown. theres a kinda weird botch(?) with the finish but otherwise it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlEJ64VtSqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEsx30X7qfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANWyvvZ6oI

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

There’s that one thunder with Nash on commentary not giving a gently caress, that’s worth watching

Is that the one where Jim Duggan is wrestling and he keeps adding "OLD GLORY" before every move? Because that was hilarious.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

maruhkati posted:

The promos and commentary are usually pretty good for what I'm watch and most of the squash matches are good. Some of the wrestlers are duds so I fast forward or do other things during those matches. Watching Rock n' roll, Arn, or Mean Mark beat some jobbers is entertaining.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think I've been spoiled by the good matches on AEW every week cos I thought Mania night 1 sucked absolute poo poo all around, bar the chaos of the last ten mins of the main event. Everyone is slow, their moves look poo poo. Awful awful awful.

A show so bad it got QoP to break his gimmick :(

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

a dumb moron posted:

WWE is financially bulletproof so frankly I think they should have Cody lose for two reasons:

1) it’d be funny
2) what are the stans gonna do? Watch AEW?

After seeing that AEW-style match Jimmy and Jay did it sounds like it'd be terrible to watch AEW!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not reading any of these posts, it’s cool that Sami did the turnbuckle brainbuster.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Early TNA definitely is worth watching. I was dying for something not WWE at the time. I remember seeing these crazy clips of stuff like Joe in ROH, the Canadian destroyer in tna and stuff when I was in college. I couldn't really watch ROH outside of clips because I couldn't afford to buy all the dvds so I watched TNA and stuff like the x division and abyss deathmatch stuff was exactly what I was looking for at the time. It felt crazy because it was this new fed with all these new faces I had never seen before. And then it kept trying to be WWE and got worse and worse.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope Cody wins tonight but Rock pulls a Wrestlemania 9 and beats him right away.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

The real losers are the people watching this poo poo

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Catching up...

Endorph posted:

why does wrestlemania look like fandom wiki
lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I saw a clip of the show and the entire time I was like "what the gently caress is that red triangle in the ring."

Apparently it was an advertisement for American Airlines on the barricade.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ads presumably make them money, which numbers guys should approve of and enjoy.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

SLOM

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I hope Cody wins tonight but Rock pulls a Wrestlemania 9 and beats him right away.

Damien Priest is going to cash in and then Cody will pin him so he still won't have beaten Roman.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I wanna see a Punishment Martinez cash in and he loses in 5 seconds because lol

And then him and cody get hit with rubber chickens

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

priest cashes in to make it a 3 way and eats the pin from roman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Maintaining my stance that a Dusty Finish w/ Cody thinking he's finished the story but then The Rock simply reverses the decision and stacks up Cody, Roman, and Damien and pins all three of them to take everything is the absolute funniest result.